Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1547902 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1187957 Aug 18, 2014
Mugsy wrote:
<quoted text>
While you can sit here and post all of this liberal blatherskite, it still doesn't eradicate the fact that Obama is capable of taking responsibility for his hapless leadership. As reiterated before, this dolt has yet to hold himself accountable for anything he's done. Never have I seen a person as narcissistic and sanctimonious as he is. Obama is a joke - always has been, always will be.
Far more a reflection on your hatred, fanaticism and political infection than it is reality. You sound like Carol. That's about a big of insult I can give as of now. You idiots that spread all of that crap daily are nothing more than political hacks who put your party ahead of all Americans.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187958 Aug 18, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes but you said "sounds like the cop fired four non-lethal shots and then was forced to drop the gentle giant when he kept coming". The pathologist said he could not determine if Brown was charging the officer or surrendering. Like too many others, you are spreading a lie.
if he was surrendering instead of charging, he would likely have turned away at the first shots....

still nothing proving any criminal action by the cop.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187959 Aug 18, 2014
why did Baraq bother returning from vacation to speak today....to say absolutely nothing.....

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#1187960 Aug 18, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>From the evidence verified so far (not those speaking with the guarantee of anonymity) did Michael Brown deserve to die?(Please do try to forget about "Baraq" since he had nothing to do with the case.)
better questions. Did the stores deserve to be looted and burned, did private peoples who had nothing to do with it deserve to be attacked by mobs of animals,is stealing and burning property of those who did nothing considered a good way to honor one of there own??
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1187961 Aug 18, 2014
Limbaugh Politicizes Michael Brown Shooting: "The Democrat Party, I Think, Profits From Racial Strife"

http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/18/limb...

that's what you get from Conservatives hating blacks.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#1187962 Aug 18, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Please. Stop. I'm begging you.
Veruca, right? The "bad egg"?
http://www.bing.com/videos/search...
"I want it now!"
She might as well ask for your SS# and drivers license and cement the identity theft persona she's evincing.

Talk about a toxic troll.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187963 Aug 18, 2014
IVANPAH DRY LAKE, Calif. Workers at a state-of-the-art solar plant in the Mojave Desert have a name for birds that fly through the plant's concentrated sun rays "streamers," for the smoke plume that comes from birds that ignite in midair.

Federal wildlife investigators who visited the BrightSource Energy plant last year and watched as birds burned and fell, reporting an average of one "streamer" every two minutes, are urging California officials to halt the operator's application to build a still-bigger version.

The investigators want the halt until the full extent of the deaths can be assessed. Estimates per year now range from a low of about a thousand by BrightSource to 28,000 by an expert for the Center for Biological Diversity environmental group.

The deaths are "alarming. It's hard to say whether that's the location or the technology," said Garry George, renewable-energy director for the California chapter of the Audubon Society. "There needs to be some caution."

The bird kills mark the latest instance in which the quest for clean energy sometimes has inadvertent environmental harm. Solar farms have been criticized for their impacts on desert tortoises, and wind farms have killed birds, including numerous raptors.

"We take this issue very seriously," said Jeff Holland, a spokesman for NRG Solar of Carlsbad, California, the second of the three companies behind the plant. The third, Google, deferred comment to its partners.

The $2.2 billion plant, which launched in February, is at Ivanpah Dry Lake near the California-Nevada border. The operator says it's the world's biggest plant to employ so-called power towers.

More than 300,000 mirrors, each the size of a garage door, reflect solar rays onto three boiler towers each looming up to 40 stories high. The water inside is heated to produce steam, which turns turbines that generate enough electricity for 140,000 homes.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1187964 Aug 18, 2014
Fox News Goes Full Racist With Claim That Michael Brown Was High On Drugs When Killed

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/08/18/fox-ne...

He's high on drugs!! Kill him!!!

really? no wonder the Lawrence Welk crowd is the most uninformed.
Mugsy

United States

#1187965 Aug 18, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Far more a reflection on your hatred, fanaticism and political infection than it is reality. You sound like Carol. That's about a big of insult I can give as of now. You idiots that spread all of that crap daily are nothing more than political hacks who put your party ahead of all Americans.
I'd like for you to enlighten me on how demanding accountability out of the White House signifies fanaticism and hatred most importantly? It's become abundantly clear who the fanatics are and it's not coming from me or my side of the aisle. This notion that someone is hateful for questioning Obama is asinine and looney. The idea that Obama is sacrosanct from criticism illustrates who the fanatics are. Needless to say, you Obama followers are the people who put yourselves before the country because you have this misguided obsession with defending him due to his race.
Mugsy

United States

#1187969 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Limbaugh Politicizes Michael Brown Shooting: "The Democrat Party, I Think, Profits From Racial Strife"
http://mediamatters.org/video/2014/08/18/limb...
that's what you get from Conservatives hating blacks.
Last time I checked, there are whites in the Democrat Party. Limbaugh is absolutely right and you can't handle truth about how racially divisive the left is. All most of your party does is codify and divide based on race and gender. That said, you're just another low information voting liberal.
Mugsy

United States

#1187971 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News Goes Full Racist With Claim That Michael Brown Was High On Drugs When Killed
Please explain how claiming someone may have been on drugs is racist? Do you automatically equate drug usage with minorities? That said, sounds like you're a racist to me! By the way, who specifically called for Brown to be killed on Fox?

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1187972 Aug 18, 2014
The indictment of Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry over abuse of power and coercion is reminiscent of the way that political dissent was handled in the Soviet Union, legal scholar and Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz said.
Dershowitz, who made clear he would never vote for Rick Perry, said Monday the governor's indictment was driven by politics and is representative of "what happens in totalitarian societies."

“wake up”

Since: Jan 10

utica ny

#1187973 Aug 18, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>Just remember, G Paw, the zipper goes in the front. But that's only if you remember to put on the pants before you head off to the public library.
Hey poop.. is your imaginary book in The libray yet?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187974 Aug 18, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
only racists like you equate drug usage with race......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1187975 Aug 18, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>Big deal, 99% of the dead black gang members who are killed nightly in Chicago, your paper thin messiah' s home town, are high on dope, too. Maybe the dope has something to do with a lowered life expectancy, eh genius?
just as there is a strong correlation between tattoos and lowered life expectancy......

and smoking swisher sweets.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1187976 Aug 18, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
The indictment of Texas Republican Gov. Rick Perry over abuse of power and coercion is reminiscent of the way that political dissent was handled in the Soviet Union, legal scholar and Harvard Law professor Alan Dershowitz said.
Dershowitz, who made clear he would never vote for Rick Perry, said Monday the governor's indictment was driven by politics and is representative of "what happens in totalitarian societies."
lol! Perry to the ethics commission... "quit or I don't give you the money!!"

Yep! Totalitarian there!!!

Since: Jul 08

We will not go gentle

#1187977 Aug 18, 2014
moshx wrote:
<quoted text> better questions. Did the stores deserve to be looted and burned, did private peoples who had nothing to do with it deserve to be attacked by mobs of animals,is stealing and burning property of those who did nothing considered a good way to honor one of there own??
That would be "their" own...the rest is just another chance to attack the disenfranchised...meaning it's not a better question.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1187978 Aug 18, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
how so???....
there was a trial and Zimmerman was acquitted because of lack of evidence....
the system worked.....
You haven't been keeping up? George's life is in the shtr__no money, no job__seems as though no one want's anything to to do with the twitchy little fk. Why? Because he's a twitchy little fk?

His lawyer won't even return his calls.

And just think__if he'd stayed in the truck__Shellie would have still dumped him yet he'd have his sht job, lousy credit and turd pals.

Send him an email Galt__invite him out to Temecula were a full quarter of the residents are Hispanic/Latino and teach him the ropes.
Mugsy

United States

#1187979 Aug 18, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Perry to the ethics commission... "quit or I don't give you the money!!"
Yep! Totalitarian there!!!
The audacity of Perry withholding money from a drunken sordid prosecutor that was going to head a committee involving integrity.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1187980 Aug 18, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Where in the hell did you get that stupid quote from? It sucks.
Jesus was for peace and Mohammad was for killing infidels - which he did by the thousands. Jesus was sober. Mohammad did hallucinatory drugs and was a pedophile.
Moses was for "unity"???? Then why in the hell did he leave the Egyptians in the dust and kill those charioteers chasing the Jews across the Red Sea?
Lady, stop drying your hair in the microwave.
She got it from Madonna's liberal loon--- so called Rabbi, Yehuda Berg, he is now now being sued for sexual assault and threatening to beat and kill student at the Kabbalah center for not having sex with him. Where do the liberals come up with these loons? USM since 1948 is a weird-o, but she loves muzzies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Patriot AKA Bozo 63,845
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Chocolate Batman 241,541
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 10,834
Time to Fire Trump and Mulvaney 8 hr Joey 2
The Official Vanessa Hudgens Chat Room (Aug '07) 9 hr King 3,792
Chicago is a great city. 14 hr De Bow 9
Illinois is in critical financial crisis. 22 hr Hank Johnson 6

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages