Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1384089 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1186741 Aug 16, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, I saw that too
Here is the video again. It was an empty box that he put on the counter the cigars fell on the floor. He has them in his hand as he walks out the door. Why do you think the store clerk was trying to make him stop?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1186742 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I looked at the video again and Brown clearly has the cigars in his hand as he goes out the door but the one I just looked at does not show him handing them off to Dorian which I'm sure I saw in the first video. I'll have to keep looking. At no time did he "put the cigars back on the counter".
since when has it been unreasonable for a cop to shoot someone going after their gun?

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1186743 Aug 16, 2014
The WhiteHouse is playing warGames on an old Sega with a 20min. flat screen monitor.
When reality visits America and he blames the NYTs and technology the MSM will ask which game was/is he playing.

St. Croix valley

#1186744 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. We have two Shetland Sheepdogs and a mutt. All ten years old. Great dogs.
is that a shetland sheepdog? very pretty.

my older puppy just got out of the hospital after ligament surgery...hard on an 11 year old dog...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1186745 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so they got involved after this post said they were involved...
good to know.....
I guess. I doubt they were involved the first couple of days.

The FBI got involved on August 11, when they opened their "parallel civil rights investigation" into the incident, and Holder instructed the Justice Department's staff to monitor the developments. It wasn't until August 13 that US Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri Richard G. Callahan announced a civil rights investigation into the case.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1186746 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the video again. It was an empty box that he put on the counter the cigars fell on the floor. He has them in his hand as he walks out the door. Why do you think the store clerk was trying to make him stop?
assaulting the clerk to further the theft was much more serious than the theft itself.....

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1186747 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>since when has it been unreasonable for a cop to shoot someone going after their gun?
Did I say it was unreasonable for a cop to shoot someone going after their gun? Nope. Not me.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1186748 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
is that a shetland sheepdog? very pretty.
my older puppy just got out of the hospital after ligament surgery...hard on an 11 year old dog...
Yes. It is really hard when they get older. Not sure I want more dogs when these pass on.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1186749 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about?! what cities actually bought the cameras? as i clearly stated, they are run by private firms that paid for the whole system and installation.what cities installed and ran the system by themselves? what cities were you referring to in your statement?
You misread her post__the cameras are approved by the municipalities and then the $ are shared on some predetermined split.

There is a cost to the communities insofar as installation, maintenance of traffic, enforcement etc. etc.

The cameras are not worth the hassle in most places they've been installed and some states, Ohio or instance are no longer enforcing the fines leaving the municipalities in a bind.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1186750 Aug 16, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course I am. You and lily keep company and exhibit racism here daily and you're both as miserable as hell.
So what's your point, Idiot?
Sure twisted one, then why am I happy and all of you baggers are miserable and filled with hatred???? Bitch, moan and complain...Is that your idea of happy...You are a certified nut case.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1186751 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
what are you talking about?! what cities actually bought the cameras? as i clearly stated, they are run by private firms that paid for the whole system and installation.what cities installed and ran the system by themselves? what cities were you referring to in your statement?
Boca Raton may become the first city in southern Palm Beach County to install red-light traffic-enforcement cameras.

The City Council voted 3-2 on Tuesday to approve a contract with American Traffic Solutions, LLC to install and operate the cameras, with Council Members Susan Haynie and Anthony Majhess dissenting.

The city will pay $600,000 a year for eight cameras at five of its busiest intersections within 90 days, Assistant City Manager Mike Woika said.

Boca Raton expects to make $800,000 a year from the cameras.

All cities must approve the installation of these cameras; not all of them have.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1186752 Aug 16, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
pretty sure most of those folks on the 'draw' voted for Mitt.
Why would someone vote against their best interest to keep government entitlement programs? Wrong guess
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>

If we think of states as voters -- and they are in presidential elections due to the Electoral College -- then the Moocher Myth is backward. Starting with the 2000 election, the states that have benefited the most from federal spending have voted Republican.
We have shown repeatedly that the payments to the states involve more than entitlement payments and you are lacking in excuses for repeating this.

St. Croix valley

#1186753 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess. I doubt they were involved the first couple of days.
The FBI got involved on August 11, when they opened their "parallel civil rights investigation" into the incident, and Holder instructed the Justice Department's staff to monitor the developments. It wasn't until August 13 that US Attorney for the Eastern District of Missouri Richard G. Callahan announced a civil rights investigation into the case.
my original entry onto this topic was when someone said the feds were involved when they clearly were not...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1186754 Aug 16, 2014
The Governor of Missouri is declaring a state of emergency and creating a curfew

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1186755 Aug 16, 2014
Governor Nixon declares State of Emergency in Ferguson, announces curfew...

About time

St. Croix valley

#1186756 Aug 16, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>You misread her post__the cameras are approved by the municipalities and then the $ are shared on some predetermined split.
There is a cost to the communities insofar as installation, maintenance of traffic, enforcement etc. etc.
The cameras are not worth the hassle in most places they've been installed and some states, Ohio or instance are no longer enforcing the fines leaving the municipalities in a bind.
what is the cost to any city? show me that. again, all of the sytems i know were set up to be run by private companies that paid the cost of the hardware and installation and running of the system. the municipalities just got a cut of the profits.

show me where this wasn't the case, as you stated...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1186757 Aug 16, 2014
<quoted text>
That's exactly what they are. They have been discovering that the cost of the cameras doesn't justify the revenue and the clogging up the courts with this nonsense. Smells of kickbacks to municipal governments; you know, those elections that have piddling turnouts of 15%? I don't understand why people don't seem to care about this and then they cry about stuff like this.
I'll probably just pay it, but I am against them, totally. In my case, it's not as if I ran a red light.
We have right turn on red here, but there may be a matter of if my tire was touching the line or something stupid like that. Seriously?
Again there are three lines in the road. Each line causes the camera to take a picture. The time it takes the wheel to cross all three lines calculates the speed of the vehicle. I have been told the car needs to be doing over 20 mph to trip the camera. The speed you were doing is on the ticket.

St. Croix valley

#1186758 Aug 16, 2014
<quoted text>
Boca Raton may become the first city in southern Palm Beach County to install red-light traffic-enforcement cameras.
The City Council voted 3-2 on Tuesday to approve a contract with American Traffic Solutions, LLC to install and operate the cameras, with Council Members Susan Haynie and Anthony Majhess dissenting.
The city will pay $600,000 a year for eight cameras at five of its busiest intersections within 90 days, Assistant City Manager Mike Woika said.
Boca Raton expects to make $800,000 a year from the cameras.
All cities must approve the installation of these cameras; not all of them have.
wow! you elected some stupid-assed city council members...

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186759 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Perry had vetoed funding for the "public integrity unit" without first threatening Ms. Lehmberg with that action in an attempt to coerce her to resign, he wouldn't find himself indicted on felony counts of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant. This should knock him down a few pegs.
I don't think the penal code he was indicted (36.03) with will hold.

http://www.statutes.legis.state.tx.us/Docs/PE...

It looks like the influencing pertains to coercion to perform a specific favorable service or look the other way and do nothing.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1186760 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Perry had vetoed funding for the "public integrity unit" without first threatening Ms. Lehmberg with that action in an attempt to coerce her to resign, he wouldn't find himself indicted on felony counts of abuse of official capacity and coercion of a public servant. This should knock him down a few pegs.
The ethically challenged DA continues to show her poor judgment. Even Axelrod disagrees with her. Actually anyone with wits says this is a no go.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 214,639
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 19 min SweLL GirL 8,464
Instagram fitness journey FOLLOW 51 min Tylerwkline 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr The Donald_ 59,545
Quit trashing Obama's accomplishments. He's don... 2 hr Go Blue Forever 11
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 1,527
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 3 hr GEORGIA 2,448
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages