Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274451 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1185593 Aug 13, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your post just reminded me of why I always ignore you.
B - O - O - R - I - N - G..........
lol! I'm sure you find your celly gulag hubby much more 'exciting' eh son?

And his friends too!!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1185594 Aug 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
will you support Hillary or Obama's choice???....
If you're claiming Hillary is the only one running since reich wingers have no one, it really is a no brainer isn't it?

But you are free to vote for an empty suit by not voting....
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1185595 Aug 13, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
al Qaeda attacked the World Trade Center and the Pentagon.....
ISIS is engaging in genocide......
take your pick, a-hole.......
Interesting.

'Genocide' of what exactly?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1185596 Aug 13, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>His eyes *always* always gave away the sadness inside. The funniest guy I know, in real life, is also the most tortured, insecure soul I know. Loving them is never enough, when their own internal voice tells them they are unlovable.
We hate those who revel in self-love and love those who fight with self-hate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1185597 Aug 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>So Mark Foley is like God then? Or Ken Mehlman?
Or Hitler? Or Pol Pot? Or Stalin....
.... or Bin Ladin?
Interesting....
Do you know what the word "image" connotes?

Or are you limited in scope and education?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1185598 Aug 13, 2014
nanoanomaly wrote:
Perry asks for a 1,000 volunteers...
http://www.latimes.com/nation/nationnow/la-na...
...2,200 step forward.
Finally, a message is being sent to these criminals that we are tired of the invasion and the idiocy coming from the White House.
Texans do have a history of going their own way using their own methods and being proud of that sort of leadership.

The operative word here is "leadership".

Magic Negro shows none, Texans show plenty.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Lapeer, MI

#1185599 Aug 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting.
You must mean to say "Genocide of 'who' exactly?"

"Genocide of what..." is something that a redneck hick with a 2nd grade education might say.

....while drinking pisswarm brewskies from the gas station restroom.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Grey Ghost

East Hartford, CT

#1185600 Aug 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Is there any way we could convince ISIS to fly over here and secure and patrol our southern border?

Obama could give them arms they're already familiar with -- you know, equip them with the ordnance he left on the ground when he pulled out of Iraq...maybe give them the OK to grab and inhabit the Chihuahuan Desert and charge them, oh, I don't know, a fee similar to a time share?

Cool, eh butty?
Grey Ghost

East Hartford, CT

#1185601 Aug 13, 2014
Yeah wrote:
Low information progressives?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1185602 Aug 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is there any way we could convince ISIS to fly over here and secure and patrol our southern border?
Obama could give them arms they're already familiar with -- you know, equip them with the ordnance he left on the ground when he pulled out of Iraq...maybe give them the OK to grab and inhabit the Chihuahuan Desert and charge them, oh, I don't know, a fee similar to a time share?
Cool, eh butty?
Interesting concept.

Reich wing idiots claim Clinton let terrorist into the country which caused the 911 disaster, and now you propose actively soliciting and paying them with weapons you will provide for free.

No wonder people think you're nuts.. You really are......
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1185603 Aug 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Low information progressives?
lol! That might be true if not for the more dire lack of support by reich wing propaganda son!

In fact, it wouldn't qualify as 'information' at all!

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1185604 Aug 13, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is so proud that the United States of America once tried protecting its citizens before the Magic Negro showed up.
Dreams From My C*ckhound Marxist Father has become America's Nightmare.
Also stunned that RealDave would call cold-blooded, heartless, soulless, maniacal terrorists who kill in the name of a perverted macho-centered religion "prisoners of war".

A prisoner of war applies in a conventional war. This enemy is evil and their leader is their god who instructs them to kill as many civilians as possible as efficiently as possible. Civilians who don't wear a uniform or carry a weapon on the battlefield. Their vulnerability is what changes the strategy in this war.

But it's late...just catching up again.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1185605 Aug 13, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Retard was up all night coming up with that????What a child.. I might just have to start ignoring you as it should be way more than obvious to all that you have serious issues.But thanks for being a bagger...You are the perfect example.LMAO
Lol
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1185608 Aug 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Cool, eh butty?
Lookie it's the East Hartford idiot pretending to be Ghost...Talk about class and character...I love it when I force morons like you to show your hatred and ignorance. Whine, cry, bitch and moan is all you have huh Waxturd.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1185609 Aug 14, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
FYI, the victims of ISIS are not primarily Muslims....
...and meanwhile, your scumbuddy Ghost makes lame jokes about genocide....
The king of scum can't even get this right.. You really are one damaged unit old miserable clueless one.
PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1185610 Aug 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
So now the U.S. has released millions of dollars to Iran because they were kind enough to continue talking to us another four months while they have another four months to finish their nuclear weapons program.
We'd all better be prepared for the worst. Israel will not wait until Iran has played the U.S. like a fiddle up until the very last note.
You're full of crap as usual Carol. You've got a lot of gall accusing this administration of being played like a fiddle when that's exactly what they did to your hero George W Bush to convince him to invade Iraq with fabricated reports of WMD which as it turns out didn't exist.
What the Obama administration is doing is the "carrot and stick" approach to diplomacy which is far more effective than saber rattling which only would serve to further entrench the Iranians.

Since: Feb 07

Location hidden

#1185612 Aug 14, 2014
The victims of ISIS is all of humanity, they are just a new incarnation of the mBrotherhood.
This is a HolyWar.
Patrick

United States

#1185613 Aug 14, 2014
WASHINGTON—
The U.S. Defense Department says a military assessment team has determined a humanitarian crisis involving thousands of Yazidis fleeing Sunni extremists in northern Iraq is less grave than previously feared. U.S. officials credit airdrops and airstrikes for making a costly and risky evacuation mission less likely.

Pentagon spokesman Rear Admiral John Kirby said a team of less than 20 U.S. military personnel, accompanied by officials of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), conducted an assessment of the situation on Mount Sinjar early Wednesday. Kirby said the team did not engage in combat operations and all personnel returned safety to Erbil.

Returning from Asia Wednesday, Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel said the team determined international airdrops, U.S. airstrikes on Islamic State (IS/ISIL) targets and efforts by the Kurdish peshmerga fighters allowed thousands of Yazidis trapped on the mountain to evacuate.

"Not only were there fewer people up there, but they were in relatively good condition, and the people up there credited our efforts with the water and the food and also buying space and time with those airstrikes against ISIL. So, that’s good news," said Hagel.

Hagel said that as a result, a rescue mission that had been planned appears less likely.

Pentagon spokesman Kirby said airdrops of food and water would continue. U.S. Central Command said a seventh such airdrop was conducted late Wednesday.

White House deputy National Security adviser Ben Rhodes Wednesday said the U.S. had also conducted seven airstrikes against IS targets, but added a lasting solution to get the refugees to a safe space may still be needed.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1185614 Aug 14, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Also stunned that RealDave would call cold-blooded, heartless, soulless, maniacal terrorists who kill in the name of a perverted macho-centered religion "prisoners of war".
A prisoner of war applies in a conventional war. This enemy is evil and their leader is their god who instructs them to kill as many civilians as possible as efficiently as possible. Civilians who don't wear a uniform or carry a weapon on the battlefield. Their vulnerability is what changes the strategy in this war.
But it's late...just catching up again.
I get it, its not a "war" unless its declared a war. But we were fighting in the Iraq War.

Carol pulls yet more pathetic excuses to ignore that George W Bush's actions in Iraq has put the US in the same category as those countries that condone torture.

And really, nothing like pretend Christian Carol, condemning all of Islam because of writings calling for killing the infidels while ignoring in her very own Bible where God called for the slaughter of women & children who worshiped the Golden Calf.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1185615 Aug 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
So, it's OK now that the government has caused it?
Most insurance policies basically already met the new guidelines with some minor changes. Minimum coverages have beed defined & redefined by state governments all the time.
So, I'll ask again, where the f*ck were you then?
You & your Tea Party dumbasses are having a fit now because its the President & Democrats who made the changes (the same changes Republicans have suggested in the past).
Your problem has nothing to do with the ACA supposedly causing policy cancellations. If that were the case, you would have had a fit every time regulations were changed.
You are having a fit now only because Obama wanted it.
Every argument you morons make against the ACA is based solely on politics not substance.
If you had any guts, you would admit that you favor more people being insured, elimination of pre-erxisting conditions, better access to preventative care, helping young people by allowing them to be included in their parents coverage until 26,etc etc
In fact, you can't point to a single real complaint other than gripe about this supposed government control.
If you don't like how Democrats addressed the healthcare situation of pre-existing conditions, the uninsured, premiums rising nearly double digits yearly, etc, don't blame Democrats. Blame your own party who did NOTHING for the nearly 12 consecutive years off Congressional control - 8 with a Republican President. The real fact is that you & your pathetic party did NOTHING about healthcare. NOTHING.
'

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 27 min Joe Balls 196,849
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr IB DaMann 54,488
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 9 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 9 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 10 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 10 hr Shaiilesh 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 15 hr RACE 100,626
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages