Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659093 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1186933 Aug 16, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree it's up to the courts.
Violates the law relating to the public servant's office or employment. That's interesting considering it involves a governor with veto powers. Speaking of which, do you know if this law the governor vetoed is a signed law or pending law or budgetary funding? I don't see how an existing law can be vetoed.
It was budgetary funding.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186934 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>when he uses that veto power to coerce others to not investigate him that is illegal.
what part of this don't you understand?
What part of an open case is continued by the replacement don't you understand?

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1186935 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you find any pictures inside her bedroom??
I mean, as a good twit, I'm sure you've searched thru her garbage, too..........
Sorry, Lehmberg the DA isn't a sweet little lady who had one drink too many. She was three times over the limit and was driving in a bike lane. She was lucky she wasn't charged with reckless endangerment of life.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186936 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet no indictment for Obama, who you nitwits accuse of everything under the sun..........
What on earth does Obama have to do with anything?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186937 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>
the yellow light doesn't come into play in the right turn on red, issue...
do try to keep up, idiot...i mean dear....
I believe that a lot of people are receiving red light camera citations because they are not making a complete stop at the intersection before making a right turn. I stop and look to the left and then forward to make sure the route is clear and then again to the left before making a right turn,but sometimes the light on the camera still flashes and I am not sure that the camera knows that I made a complete stop.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186938 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I see Perry has a problem and nitwits like you are upset about it.
He's a corrupt little bast urd. Why don't you get that??
What did he do? You made the accusation.

I have a problem with political sabotage and dishonest government, not that I really care about Texas' government all that much.

Delay's case was overturned, but the prosecution served its purpose.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186939 Aug 16, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"John Galt"
Spokane, WA has the red light camera's. They do not turn quickly. Each of the red lights shows the amount of time in seconds before the light will change. The timer starts at 18 seconds then the light turns yellow. In addition there are two signs as one approaches the stop lights that advises the motorists the camera's are operating. The last traffic fatality in the city was because a motorist pulled up to a red light and went thru it. He could see no cars were approaching from the left. He also did not see the pedestrian who was in the crosswalk crossing the street. The pedestrian is dead.
Peace
Maybe the driver was too concerned about the red light camera instead of being cautious about a pedestrian.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1186940 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Judge allows Rosemary Lehmberg to remain district attorney
Posted: 11:09 p.m. Wednesday, Dec. 11, 2013
"Capping an eight-month saga that has captivated the public, a judge ruled Wednesday that Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg can keep her job after a drunken driving arrest, bad behavior in jail and, most recently, a civil case to force her from office.
Following three days of testimony that aired her drinking habits and physical ailments, visiting Judge David Peeples of San Antonio said he wouldn’t remove Lehmberg as the top felony prosecutor in the county.
----------
So now you want to get stupid about the definiton of abuse of power??
Perry had no right and no standing to behave as he did.
We are a nation of laws, not bullies. A judge cleared her to stay in office, who the hell was Perry to stage a personal vendetta??
Funny it's TX and not the Feds who nailed the little moron.
As usual, you side with authoritarian figures who try to rule by fiat.
Good catch!!
THE DEVIL

Baltimore, MD

#1186941 Aug 16, 2014
(MAKE SURE YOU READ THIS ONE ALL THE WAY THROUGH, TICKERS...)

TICKERS, TICKERS, TICKERS... WHAT I GON' DO WITH YOU? WHAT YOU "SHOW ME OVER AN' OVER?" HERE IS THE ORIGINAL STORY AND CONTEXT OF THE OFFENDING PHRASE, ENJOY...

WHEN I WAS A BOY, MAYBE 10 OR 11, MY AUNT IN TRUMBULL CONNECTICUT HIRED A CONTRACTOR TO PUT AN ADDITION ON HER HOUSE TO HOUSE MY DYING GRANDMOTHER... THE CONTRACTOR HIRED A BLOCKLAYER TO BUILD THE FOUNDATION AND I WOULD SIT AND WATCH HIM FOR HOURS... IT WAS FASCINATING.

ONE DAY WE GOT ON THE SUBJECT OF WOMEN.. SPECIFICALLY, NAKED WOMEN. I HAD AT THAT POINT ONLY EVER SEEN MY MOTHER NAKED,(AS SHE RAN OUT OF THE PINK BATHROOM JUST PRIOR TO BEATING THE SHIT OUT OF MY BROTHER FOR ALLOWING ME TO HIT MYSELF IN THE FACE WITH THE TINES OF A CLAWHAMMER..,) DOWN MY SISTER'S NIGHTGOWN... NOTHING I COULD REALLY APPRECIATE THERE FOR SOME REASON ALTHOUGH IT WAS A LOT EASIER TO FIGURE OUT WHERE EVERYTHING WAS SUPPOSED TO BE THAN IT WAS WHEN I SAW MOM THROUGH A VEIL OF HOT BLOOD THRASHING MY BROTHER... AND, LYNNE FISHER'S NAKED CHEST, WHICH WAS THE FIRST TIME I UNDERSTOOD THAT MY COCK WAS CAPABLE OF AT LEAST TWO FUNCTIONS.

LYNNE WAS MY EARLY CHILDHOOD CRUSH. SHE HAD THESE INCREDIBLE EYELASHES AND GIANT BROWN EYES AND WOULD PURSE HER ALREADY FULL LIPS AT ME LIKE SHE WAS GOING TO KISS ME... BUT SHE NEVER DID... BUT SHE DID DO THIS ONE THING FOR ME THAT I REMEMBER WITH GRABTITUDE TO THIS DAY...

WE WERE IN MY "TREE FORT" WHICH WAS ACTUALLY ON THE GROUND BEHIND A STOCKADE FENCE NEXT TO THE GARAGE AND I WAS TRYING TO TEACH HER HOW TO PLAY A PROPER COWBOY'S FRONTIER WIFE, AND SHE SUDDENLY, AND WITHOUT COMMENT, PULLED HER T-SHIRT UP AND THERE THEY WERE... TWO BLOOD RED NIPPLES. NOTHING ELSE, JUST TWO RED NIPPLES ON A BLANK WHITE CANVAS NOT UNLIKE MY OWN, BUT THEY WERE ENOUGH...

ANYWAYS, SEEKING ANSWERS BORN OF WHAT SEEMED TO ME AT THE TIME, MOUNTAINOUS PROPORTIONS, I PRESSED THE MASON FOR THE INFORMATION I, LIKE EVERY OTHER TEN YEAR OLD BOY IN THE WORLD, EXCEPT YOU, DESPERATELY SOUGHT: "WHAT DOES A WOMAN'S VAGINA ACTUALLY LOOK LIKE?" HE REGARDED ME THOUGHTFULLY, AND SAID, "SON, A VAGINA IS JUST THE HAIRY END OF A GUT. YOU SEEN ONE YOU'VE SEEN 'EM ALL." AND I NEVER FORGOT IT...YOU WOULD KNOW THAT, TICKERS IF YOU'D ACTUALLY READ THE POST INSTEAD OF JUST RUNNING ON ABOUT IT LIKE IT THREATENED THE EXISTENTIAL NATURE OF YOUR UNIVERSE - IS WHEN I DECIDED TO BE A CARPENTER...

FINIS!

THAT WAS THE STORY, TICKERS... SLIGHTLY EMBELLISHED IN THIS INSTANCE FOR THE SHEER JOY OF IT, BUT THE ESSENCE OF THE THING CERTAINLY...

WHEN YOU BURST THROUGH THE DOOR IN HERE A FEW PAGES LATER, TICKERS, TRYING TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR ASTUTE MORAL PROWESS AND INTELLECTUAL SUPERIORITY, I REALIZED YOU HADN'T REALLY READ THE ORIGINAL POST, AND YOU WERE SIMPLY ANOTHER LITTLE BOY TRYING TO OUTPISS ME... SO I LET YOU RUN WITH IT... YOU, NOT REALIZING THE MEANING OF THE EXPRESSION OR ITS ORIGIN, AND, THEREFORE, CONSTANTLY TRYING TO REBUKE ME FOR WHAT YOU PERCEIVED AS A WEAK MIND IN MATTERS OF FEMALE PHYSIOLOGY... AND ME, OCCASIONALLY SAYING IT AGAIN TO PROVOKE ANOTHER SUPERCILIOUS RESPONSE FROM YOU, WHICH YOU HAVE FAITHFULLY PROVIDED LIKE A GOLDEN RETRIEVER EVERY TIME...

I'VE BEEN MAKING A FOOL OUT OF YOU, TICKERS, SINCE YOUR VERY FIRST POST TO ME... WELL, TECHNICALLY, YOU'VE BEEN MAKING A FOOL OF YOURSELF... ALL I DID WAS TO ENCOURAGE YOU...
THE DEVIL

Baltimore, MD

#1186942 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Good catch!!
HI, BEAUTIFUL... I LOVE YOUR AVATAR... I'M SOOOO GLAD YOU'RE NOT A CAT PERSON...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1186944 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has NOTHING to do with the DA's arrest. I'm not going to make a judgment call on whether or not Lehmberg should have resigned her position. However it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that Perry should have stayed out of it and let the people who elected her file for her removal if that is their desire. 172 Austin attorneys signed an amicus brief in support of Lehmberg remaining in office.
I believe this is especially troubling for Perry since it is well known that since 2008 "republican state officials have long dreamed of either moving the Public Integrity Unit, to a more friendly venue – i.e., under Attorney General Greg Abbott – or of having the opportunity to install a Republican as D.A. of solidly Dem­o­crat­ic Travis County."
Perry did not want her to be in charge of the public integrity unit. This would have removed just this funding. The rest is up to the voters.
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
May 3, 2013:
"If Lehmberg can be forced to resign, the thinking goes, then Gov. Rick Perry will be able to install an ally in the politically powerful office that has statewide influence not only via public integrity, but also motor fuel tax, insurance fraud, and environmental law enforcement – a priority since Lehmberg took office in 2008. The latest rumor is that Perry's already got a man in mind for the job: Terry Keel, a former Travis County prosecutor and sheriff, and five-time state representative who is currently executive director of the Texas Facilities Commission, a job to which Perry appointed him in 2009."
http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2013-05-0...
Rumors are not facts.

The governor has the right to veto any law he chooses. You really do not make it illegal for a governor or a POTUS to veto--do you?

Perry's charges stems from him threatening to VETO prior to doing it.

Here is an opinion from NY Mag

But that statute also specifically exempts “an official action taken by the member of the governing body.” The prosecutors claim that, while vetoing the bill may be an official action, threatening a veto is not. Of course the threat of the veto is an integral part of its function. The legislature can hardly negotiate with the governor if he won’t tell them in advance what he plans to veto. This is why, when you say the word “veto,” the next word that springs to mind is “threat.” That’s how vetoes work.

The theory behind the indictment is flexible enough that almost any kind of political conflict could be defined as a “misuse” of power or “coercion” of one’s opponents.
http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1186945 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit. The chief stated that the cop did not know of the earlier robbery. This is all propaganda from the Ferguson police, a week after the murder.
Where was this evdence earlier??
This cop summarily executed this kid.
Cops do not set the sentence for robbery by murdering a suspect who is running away with his hands up.
Again, you're trying to blame the victim, just as you are in the Perry avuse of power case.
I quoted the police chief, fool.
THE DEVIL

Baltimore, MD

#1186946 Aug 16, 2014
OH, UM, TICKERS? MUDDY READ THE ORIGINAL POST TOO... SO HAD MANY OF THE REGULARS.... WE'VE ALL BEEN LAUGHING AT YOU THE WHOLE WAY THROUGH...

WHO'S GOT A LITTLE DICK NOW?... BESIDES, DEAR, THERE'S NOT MUCH BETWEEN THEM... IS THERE?...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1186948 Aug 16, 2014
David Morrison wrote:
<quoted text>I've been thinking of getting an avadavat. Is it a type of dog? Are they good with children. How much do they cost? Are they free like SPELCHECK?
It is a word--a bird, but the wrong word. Should have been affidavit. How did I miss that one. Proof reading is always good.

Hackettstown, NJ

#1186949 Aug 16, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This has NOTHING to do with the DA's arrest. I'm not going to make a judgment call on whether or not Lehmberg should have resigned her position. However it should be obvious to anyone with a brain that Perry should have stayed out of it and let the people who elected her file for her removal if that is their desire. 172 Austin attorneys signed an amicus brief in support of Lehmberg remaining in office.
I believe this is especially troubling for Perry since it is well known that since 2008 "republican state officials have long dreamed of either moving the Public Integrity Unit, to a more friendly venue – i.e., under Attorney General Greg Abbott – or of having the opportunity to install a Republican as D.A. of solidly Dem­o­crat­ic Travis County."
May 3, 2013:
"If Lehmberg can be forced to resign, the thinking goes, then Gov. Rick Perry will be able to install an ally in the politically powerful office that has statewide influence not only via public integrity, but also motor fuel tax, insurance fraud, and environmental law enforcement – a priority since Lehmberg took office in 2008. The latest rumor is that Perry's already got a man in mind for the job: Terry Keel, a former Travis County prosecutor and sheriff, and five-time state representative who is currently executive director of the Texas Facilities Commission, a job to which Perry appointed him in 2009."
http://www.austinchronicle.com/news/2013-05-0...
Maybe it's the state, but couldn't the state legislature simply create a state integrity unit with or without Lehmberg?

How can a governor install an ally into an elected position? Wouldn't there be a special election to replace her? Without a doubt, another democrat would be elected in Travis County.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1186950 Aug 16, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not what the Chief of police said.
You're making shit up again.
It is not Michael Brown's fault that the economy is so bad that he has to commit criminal activity or that he learned from the POTUS that it is not abnormal to disrespect police officers. Michael Brown was only twelve years old in 2008, never voted for Obama and he learned his lack of morals and values from Obama and his corrupt administration. How can we as a country expect Brown to develop principles,ethics or a foundation to determine right and wrong when we ave an occupant of The White House that doesn't believe in them and millions of citizen that agree with his values are willing to vote for him.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1186952 Aug 16, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>party girl!!!!
7ounces per day.
A shot is 1.25 ounces. That is the equivalence of more than 5 drinks a day. Some say it is the same as drinking 7 beers.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1186953 Aug 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
By an alcoholic fighting to keep her DA integrity job. This is what you think should be in charge of such a division?
It's not about her.

It's about Perry's abuse of power.

Try to stay focused. Your spin is getting nowhere.

Location hidden

#1186955 Aug 16, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
What on earth does Obama have to do with anything?
Comparing the difference between the ones your side proclaims as 'patriots', and the true patriots like Obama, who you can accuse, but haven't laid a finger on.

Then there's Perry, dummy extraordinaire,'what Dept was that I want to eliminate?', who really stepped into it this time, no amount of spinning from the right can deny.

And the best you can do is attack the woman he abused his powers against.

Nice work,

Location hidden

#1186956 Aug 16, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
A shot is 1.25 ounces. That is the equivalence of more than 5 drinks a day. Some say it is the same as drinking 7 beers.
Just who was indicted here??

Why do you keep attacking the person Perry abused his power against??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jonny's Towing is Chicagoland's Most Crooked Co... (Feb '17) 8 min Biased Mayhem 107
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 3 hr Earl 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,098
HRC loves Alinsky's Rules for Radicals. 7 hr Hillary Alinsky 14
Steal from Poor to pay the Rich 7 hr PAY ME 12
Trump is A 13 hr Commie Killer 189
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 13 hr what a russsh 11,595

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages