Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1643577 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1186479 Aug 15, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
More to the point, what lawyer - what Harvard Law School Graduate - would be stupid enough to say in public ""I don't know all the facts of the situation...but the police acted stupidly."????
Affirmative Action Strikes again.
what kind of idiot would comment on a statement he doesn't understand? oh you!
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1186482 Aug 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>the theft is not part of this issue..the cop that stopped him had no idea he was related to that incident. when a citizen tries to beat a cop and take his gun, the cop must defend himself and our system of law enforcement.
Yes, if that is what happened. I'm in favor of video cameras in all cop cars, with audio at all times
Patrick

United States

#1186483 Aug 15, 2014
U.S. warplanes carried out airstrikes in northern Iraq near ISIS-controlled Mosul Dam early Saturday morning, the Kurdish news agency Rudaw reported, citing eyewitnesses.

CNN confirmed that a U.S. and Iraqi military operation aimed at retaking the country's largest hydroelectric dam from the so-called Islamic State was scheduled to begin early Saturday morning (Friday at 6 p.m. ET).

The operation was to begin with U.S. and Iraqi airstrikes against ISIS positions, with Iraqi and Kurdish Peshmerga forces following up on the ground.
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186484 Aug 15, 2014
TICKERS!!! YOU BACK TOO!!.. WE GET A FEW OF THE OTHER GIRLS BACK I BE ABLE TO GET INTERESTED IN YOU THOUGHT PROCESSES AGAIN...
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186485 Aug 15, 2014
WHAT Y'ALL TALKIN' ABOUT? IS 16 HERE? 16, HONEY, YOU THERE?..
Patrick

United States

#1186486 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You really need to get over this issue you have with race and skin color, Lily. It's not healthy.
Would you support a President Alan West or a President Condoleezza Rice?
No, you wouldn't. But no one would call you a racist.
Irony Meter :-)

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1186487 Aug 15, 2014
Lily Boca Raton Fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, if that is what happened. I'm in favor of video cameras in all cop cars, with audio at all times
so you are OK with your govt filming you without your consent?
Patrick

United States

#1186488 Aug 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, that is assuming that the police will tell the truth. As to whether he was portrayed accurately or not; if he was a thief who shoplifted cigars, it is not up to the police to determine if he is guilty and kill him. That is why we have a court system.
We had a group of Russian women who were caught shoplifting at Our mall who ran from the police, they were caught and charged but not killed.
Just like the black man who was killed by the police in NY last week. What was his crime?
They claim he was selling cigarettes, is that seriously a reason to kill someone?
The police do lie to cover for each other, your assumption that the police are always right is insane. They set people up, they steal from their victims, one was caught on camera here after a jewelry store robbery pocketing a watch!
With this much attention on the towns police dept, perhaps the truth will emerge. I hope.
Check and Check Mate!
Feel the truth will out
Jones For A Toke

UK

#1186489 Aug 15, 2014
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1186490 Aug 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony Meter :-)
What's ironic?

You know damned well she's right. You leftists will be chanting ¨Uncle Tom¨ should a GOP candidate be an African American. Case in point: Dr. Benjamin Carson. You don't know what to make of him -- he's an enigma in your world. Heck, if the candidate isn't a middle aged white male, you'll be beside yourselves.

That your side unabashedly employs a racial double standard is not debatable.
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186491 Aug 15, 2014
"THE POLICE ACTED STUPIDLY" BECAUSE THEY IGNITED WHAT IS OBVIOUSLY A RACIALLY CHARGED ENVIRONMENT. IF YOU WALK INTO A ROOM FULL OF OPEN CASKS WITH "GUNPOWDER" STENCILED ON THEIR SIDES TO SMOKE A... WELL, A CIGAR IN THIS CASE.. YOU MAY REASONABLY BE LABELLED STOOPID... IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE WHO ATTACKED WHOM, BECAUSE YOU LOOKIN' AT THE ONE INCIDENT, YOU IGNORIN' THE BIG PICTURE...

THE BIG PICTURE IS AS FOLLOWS:

1. BLACKS STILL SORE ABOUT THE SLAVERY THINGY, EVEN IF THEY HAD NO RELATIVES BACK THERE BEIN' SOLD AN' PICKIN' COTTON.
2. DESPITE CURRENT PROFUSION OF BLACK MEN WITH WHITE WOMEN, PEOPLE SEEM TO DIVIDE INSTINCTIVELY ALONG RACIAL AN' ETHNIC LINES. INDEED THE LINES GET BLURRIER WITH THE PASSAGE OF TIME, BUT IT TAKES A REEEEEEALLLY LONG TIME. E-V-O-L-U-T-I-O-N...
3. VERY OFTEN, HOWEVER, THESE INSTINCTIVE, DIVISIVE LINES DEVELOP INTO SURROGATES FOR OTHER PERCEIVED SLIGHTS AN' INJUSTICES WHICH GENERATES FRICTION: BLACKS ARE LAZY AN' STOOPID NOT AN OPPRESSED MINORITY; WHITES ARE ALL COMPLETELY OUT OF TOUCH WITH THE BLACK COMMUNITY AN' HATE US...
4. YOU THROW RELIGION AN' POLITICS INTO THE MIX, WELL, YOU JUS' STENCIL "GUNPOWDER" ON THE SIDE OF THE CASKS.
5. AFTER JUST A FEW GENERATIONS OF 1-4 YOU AT THE POINT OF TAKIN' OUT YOU LIGHTER... YOU BEIN' STOOPID.
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1186492 Aug 15, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Check and Check Mate!
Feel the truth will out
Too bad we don't hold politicians to the same standards we hold cops, eh?

Pols may not carry guns, but look at all the needless deaths over the decades they're directly linked to.

Your side doesn't care as long as it's a democrat and they promise to make your life easier with promises of entitlements.
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1186493 Aug 15, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What's ironic?
You know damned well she's right. You leftists will be chanting ¨Uncle Tom¨ should a GOP candidate be an African American. Case in point: Dr. Benjamin Carson. You don't know what to make of him -- he's an enigma in your world. Heck, if the candidate isn't a middle aged white male, you'll be beside yourselves.
That your side unabashedly employs a racial double standard is not debatable.
Moran alert
Lily Boca Raton Fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1186494 Aug 15, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>so you are OK with your govt filming you without your consent?
I'm in favor of keeping the cops honest
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186495 Aug 15, 2014
YOU TAKE THE YAZIDI FO' INSTANCE... WHO IN THE FLYIN' F__K WAS ZOROASTER? THE BAPTISTS WAITIN' FO' THEIR TWO THOUSAND YEAR OL' MAN... THE JEWS AN' WHATEVER THE HELL THE HATS AN' CURLS ARE SUPPOSED TO SIGNIFY? THESE ALL JUS' VARIOUS MYTHS/CUSTOMS TO FURTHER TIE A LUMPY, ILL-DEFINED GROUP TOGETHER... FO' PROTECTION... TAKE THE ARAB GUY WHO FAMOUSLY THREW HIS SHOES AT GEORGE BUSH JUNIOR... WHERE HE COMES FROM THAT IS AN INSULT OF THE HIGHEST ORDER... IF HE'D USED GRENADES HE MIGHT'VE BEEN MO' SUCCESSFUL, I DON' KNOW?...

IN ANY EVENT, I AM INSTINCTIVELY MO' COMFORTABLE WITH OTHERS OF NORTHERN EUROPEAN DESCENT. WE SHARE THEN SAME TRADITIONS AND CULTURE. OCCASIONALLY WE GO A L'IL OVER THE TOP WITH ALL THAT, BUT HEY?... I AM, HOWEVER, VERY COMFORTABLE WITH BLACK WOMEN... WELL, ANY WOMEN REALLY, I AM ACCEPTED WITH THAT GROUP. THIS MAKES MANY BLACK MEN UNCOMFORTABLE... VERY UNCOMFORTABLE... I UNDERSTAND BECAUSE MANY BLACK MEN MAKE ME UNCOMFORTABLE... FO' MANY OF THE SAME REASONS.

I DON'T RESPOND WELL TO THE PERVERSION OF THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE, EITHER BY INTENT OR BY INFURIATING TECHNOLOGY. WITNESS HOW MANY OF YOU CAIN'T SPELL. THIS SEEMINGLY INSIGNIFICANT DETAIL MAKES IT VERY DIFFICULT FO' ME TO FIND COMMON GROUND WITH... Y'ALL FO' INSTANCE... I AM INCLINED BY MY BIRTHPLACE TO RECOIL FROM "ASK" BEING PRONOUNCED, "AXE," JUST AS I AM HEARING THE WORD "SIT" BEING DIVIDED INTO TWO OR MO' SYLLABLES.

BROWN FOOD IS DISGUSTING TO ME.. THE SOUTHERN TRADITION OF COOKING EVERYTHING TO THE CONSISTENCY OF SLUGS AN' THEN POURING GRAVY ALL OVER IT IS THE STUFF OF EDGAR ALLEN POE TO MY GROUP... YET, IT REMAINS YOUR TRADITION... IT DIVIDES US... PERMANENTLY APPARENTLY... Y'ALL LITERALLY MAKE ME SICK..

NOW AS FAR AS THAT GIGANTIC BLACK FELLA WIT' THE BAD ATTITUDE... I PROLLY WOULD'A SHOT HIM TOO... JUS' THE SHAPE OF HIS BODY DISGUSTS ME... BUT I'M NOT A WHITE POLICEMAN IN AN ANGRY BLACK NEIGHBORHOOD... I WOULDA SHOT HIS FAT ASS AN' HIGH-TAILED IT BACK HOME TO MY GROUP.

SO THERE'S THE WHOLE THING, ENORMOUSLY SIMPLIFIED. I PERSONALLY NEED NO GIANT TEENAGER WHO APPEARS TO BE THE HULK PERSONIFIED PUTTIN HIS BAD ATTITUDE ALL UP IN MY FACE... THEY DO SOMETIMES BUT THEY END UP APOLOGIZING... SAME WITH ANY GROUP THAT DON' LOOK OR ACT LIKE MY GROUP THINKS THEY SHOULD. SINCE I GREW A BEARD I GUESS THEY THINK I SANTA? I NOT SANTA... BUT HERE'S THE THING, THEY HERE, THEY QUEER, AN' THEY MEAN TO STAY SO YOU BES' FIND A WAY TO CHOKE IT DOWN CAUSE OTHERWISE IT COME BACK TO BITE YOU IN THE ASS... IN SPADES.
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186496 Aug 15, 2014
YOU SEE, A BIG MAN IS REALLY TOP-HEAVY... ALL OF THEM... THIS GUY WAS TOP AN' BOTTOM HEAVY BUT IT MAKES NO DIFFERENCE. YOU KICK HIS LEGS OUT FROM UNDER HIM HE GONNA HIT THE CONCRETE UNEXPECTEDLY, IN AN AWKWARD POSITION, WITH ENOUGH OF HIS OWN FORCE TO IF NOT KILL HIM, SERIOUSLY INJURE HIM. JUS' PHYSICS... THAT L'IL GUY GETTIN' MANHANDLED HAD HIS KNEE RIGHT AT THE OTHER MANS BALLS BUT HE SO SCARED HE NEARLY GET HISSELF KILLED. YOU WEIGH 300 LBS AN YOU 6-4 YOU GONNA HIT THE GROUND HARD. I HAVE IN MY 30 YEARS OF DOIN' IT HAVE NEVER KNOWN IT TO FAIL... COP PROLLY HAD THE SAME OPPORTUNITY JUDGIN' BY WHAT Y'ALL ARE SPECULATIN' IN HERE. FAY WRAY KICK KING KONG IN THE BALLS, THEY NOT NEED TO SHOOT HIM...

END RESULT BE THE SAME, BOY ENDS UP LYIN' IN THE STREET. YOU JERK THAT KNEE UP HARD YOU CONNECTIN' WITH REAL KNOCK-DOWN POWER...

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1186497 Aug 15, 2014
<quoted text>
Moran alert
You've been very critical of Allen West, his views and ideology. He's also black.

Are you a racist?
THE DEVIL

Chicago, IL

#1186498 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You've been very critical of Allen West, his views and ideology. He's also black.
Are you a racist?
I DON' KNOW BUT I SUSPECT SHE NOT STAY UP TIL 2 O'CLOCK IN THE MORNIN' TO LISSEN TO YOU IGNORANT ASS...
Ray Donovan

East Hartford, CT

#1186499 Aug 15, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a racist?
Of course she is. Calling a black person Uncle Tom (which she has countless times) is racist in and of itself as it implies blacks are not smart enough to make their own decisions regarding politics and party.

Heck, I suppose if in the eyes of the liberals Paula Deen is a racist, then everyone is.

Oh, in case you didn't know,¨moran alert¨=¨I can't answer because you are right.¨
THE DEVIL LOVE LEO

Alexandria, VA

#1186500 Aug 15, 2014
K, I'VE EDITED AN RE-EDITED THA STUFF SO MANY TIMES MY EYES ARE BLEEDING... IT GOOD ENOUGH FO' A JOURNAL ENTRY AN' THAT GOOD ENUF FO' ME. OVER TO YOU, CHET...(.. LEO, IF BY THE REMOTEST CHANCE YOU EVER READ THIS, PLEASE KNOW THAT IN MY OWN COPY, I CORRECTED ALL THE SYNTAX AN' PUNCTUATION ERRORS. I LOVE YOU, THE DEVIL..)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blue State in HUGE trouble sez George Will 1 hr DEM Skulduggery 8
Live From "Earth II"....? 1 hr 2 MANY 2 LIST 4
Joe Biden and PLAGIARISM. 1 hr Joe Bs A PLAGIARIST 8
Cat's out of the bag. 1 hr Fault of MarxiSoc... 5
Trump is A 1 hr CAUSED HRC OBIT 77
Buy Buy Charlie Rose.......LIBERAL! 1 hr OH bad boy Charlie 4
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 hr loose cannon 243,009

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages