Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1579371 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TyShawn

New York, NY

#1185767 Aug 14, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Just look at the map son.
Or study history.
But don't demand others educate you, then rebut by simply giving your opinions.... because that's all you seem to have.
So far it's facts answering your question. You simply can't accept them...
Dad, dat be you?

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1185768 Aug 14, 2014
Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean he Democrat recession? yes, we are still feeling the effects and Obama and the Democrats policies have prolonged and harmed the economic recovery.
How is your day going, lying Lap Dog?
Did you drink your Kool-Aid and pray to the Liberal God again today?
God are you dumber than sh*t.

The recession started 4th quarter of 2007. Please tell me the legislation the Democrats passed in the first 10 months of 2007 that created this recession.
Obumbles the Zero

New York, NY

#1185769 Aug 14, 2014
Waxman wrote:
Obama is calling for an open and transparent process.
Baawwaaahhh!!!!
What a hypocrite, the sneaky little skin tag face.
What! Do you mean we are going to finally get to see the college transcripts of Barry Soetoro who received financial aid as a foreign student?
Ray Donovan

United States

#1185770 Aug 14, 2014
positronium wrote:
<quoted text>They have solutions, not mere ideas like democrats. Solutions to dumb democrat ideas.
The brilliant progressives (what would we do without them?) and their fresh ideas -- tax more, spend more, multiply social programs, and restrict freedom more and more. Yippee!
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1185772 Aug 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Every year, millions of people had their policies cancelled prior to the ACA.
Now what?
I'd like to see a link supporting your claim about millions of people having their policy cancelled...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1185773 Aug 14, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The recession started 4th quarter of 2007. Please tell me the legislation the Democrats passed in the first 10 months of 2007 that created this recession.
show us the legislation that Pelosi and Reid submitted that prevented it?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1185774 Aug 14, 2014
Progressive leadership hands out the pitchforks and torches...

{'QuikTrip Employee: Workers Hid in Back Room as Ferguson Store Was Looted, Set On Fire

“Me and my co-workers ran into our back room,” he says.“Once we ran into the back room, we locked the door and we called the cops and the security people. They told us to stay put, and if we wouldn’t have stayed put we most likely would have died.”}

http://stlouis.cbslocal.com/2014/08/11/quiktr...

“Gloria Ad Caput Venire”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#1185775 Aug 14, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
The brilliant progressives (what would we do without them?) and their fresh ideas -- tax more, spend more, multiply social programs, and restrict freedom more and more. Yippee!
Those Ideas are old commie ones and Obama is the king of the marxists.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1185776 Aug 14, 2014
Using Liberal Logic the 2008 recession is actually the Pelosi/Democrats recession Period!!

Chambersburg, PA

#1185777 Aug 14, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
You're catching on slowly. It's a state responsibility.
When a state gets too regulatory, the company moves. There's no place to go when the fed does it.
Much of the state's legislation is done by public referendum, like our minimum wage.
I don't like anything about the ACA, whether it was a republican or democrat idea. Republicans aren't much different when it comes to expanding federal power.
Referendum / election isn't your voice just one vote?

This state crap is just an excuse you use to be against anything the federal government does.

You hate that more people are insured. It is your belief that certain people do not deserve to get access to health care.

You think that one you are diagnosed with a condition, that access should be curtailed. "You got your share now f*ck off you don't get any more?" I wonder if your kid had a condition that classified him as uninsurable that you would still agree with pre-existing conditions.

If at 50, you decided to be self employed one man corporations, would you like paying $2000 a month for your families health insurance. just because you are part of a large group. I guess you would think that was fair.

After buying insurance for 30 years, you get an expensive medical problem & your insurer tells you too bad, you've reached your limit. Or they cancel your policy. Yep, you would think that was just dandy.

You are a liar when you claim for are not for certain aspects of the ACA.

You are not only a liar but a chickensh*t who has painted themselves in a corner with your anti-Obama rhetoric that you can even admit to a single aspect of the ACA that you think was good.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1185778 Aug 14, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text>Will you libtards, please, learn to read!!!! Here is your article again.
The War Against Women is alive and well in Florida:
Planned Parenthood clinic in Kissimmee, Florida has been ordered to stop performing abortions and ultrasounds because such procedures may violate zoning restrictions on the property, The Orlando Sentinel reports.
The deed on the property specifically restricts tenants from running an outpatient surgery center, an emergency medical center, or a diagnostic imaging center, as well as perform any procedures that are “obnoxious or out of harmony with other developments” in the area.
Circuit Judge John Jordan ordered the clinic, which is located across the street from the Osceloa Regional Medical Center, to stop performing the procedures because there is a “substantial likelihood of proving” that the Planned Parenthood clinic was violating its contract with the property owners. In his ruling, Judge Jordan said that abortions violate the stricture against outpatient surgical procedures, and that performing ultrasounds amounts to running a diagnostic imaging center.
the Planned Parenthood clinic was violating its contract with the property owners. What part of this don't you understand?
It's not temporary.
It is temporary and the key word is "may" as in may violate.

That said, planned parenthood was warned about that location and encouraged to locate elsewhere by other tenants who were not interested in the ruckus that often occurs near places providing birth control, abortions etc. The lawsuit was brought by a neighboring medical provider.

If the so called covenant was violated, it was by the leasing company/landlord and not Planned Parenthood.

If you're really interested (LOL) you can follow along at www.orlandosentinel.com
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1185779 Aug 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
I'd like to see a link supporting your claim about millions of people having their policy cancelled...
Why you are a bagger and you only believe what you are ordered to believe.
In The Crosshairs

Oswego, IL

#1185780 Aug 14, 2014
Looking forward to when the Ferguson Zoo in Missouri will get control of their animals. This open-door policy they have ups Walt Disney's attractions! Align.....exhale......squeeze!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1185781 Aug 14, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>It is temporary and the key word is "may" as in may violate.
That said, planned parenthood was warned about that location and encouraged to locate elsewhere by other tenants who were not interested in the ruckus that often occurs near places providing birth control, abortions etc. The lawsuit was brought by a neighboring medical provider.
If the so called covenant was violated, it was by the leasing company/landlord and not Planned Parenthood.
If you're really interested (LOL) you can follow along at www.orlandosentinel.com
He's a total moron, yearning to live in a theocratic police state. Not to mention he totally lacks in reading comprehension skills.
Carol is probably one of those sickos yelling at patients with her sick dead fetus photos; probably even has a rubber fetus. The police should arrest these people for public nuisance.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1185782 Aug 14, 2014
Eman wrote:
<quoted text>
I strongly disagree with some anti-abortion tactics, particularly the ones employed by the folks outside of abortion clinics, but to call for them to get arrested for exercising their constitutional rights is over the top. You screen name (rat mouth) fits perfectly.
They accomplish nothing; they are there to harass. Why should anyone be subjected to the religious zealotry of those nutbags?
Patrick

United States

#1185783 Aug 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
He's a total moron, yearning to live in a theocratic police state. Not to mention he totally lacks in reading comprehension skills.
Carol is probably one of those sickos yelling at patients with her sick dead fetus photos; probably even has a rubber fetus. The police should arrest these people for public nuisance.
looks like rain this afternoon.
- Angela

Chambersburg, PA

#1185784 Aug 14, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
show us the legislation that Pelosi and Reid submitted that prevented it?
So now the right whiners claim its the Democrat's fault for not stopping Republicans from nearly killing this country.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1185785 Aug 14, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Lily spends hours upon hours admiring, dusting, and arranging her glass jar filled fetus collection....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1185786 Aug 14, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
looks like rain this afternoon.
- Angela
What else is new?

A New Jersey man said he hadn’t realized the flag he’s flown in front of his home for years had been adopted by the jihadist Islamic State.

Mark Dunaway, who converted to Islam more than 10 years ago, said he flies the “Black Standard” every week alongside a red Muslim flag above the front porch of his Garwood home.

“I hang it every Friday and every Ramadan which ended not too long ago and I keep it up a little longer than I normally do,” Dunaway said.“I guess some people saw it and got offended so I took it down. I do not support any militant group or anything like that.”

But his display made national news this week after investment manager and former Israeli paratrooper Marc Leibowitz posted a photo of the flag on Twitter and notified Homeland Security.

The photo drew more than 500 comments on social media and prompted police to question Dunaway.

Garwood Police Chief Bruce Underhill denied police ordered the flag removed, but said Dunaway voluntarily removed it.

“This is nuts to me,” Dunaway said.“It was not my intention to offend anybody. This is not new. I’ve been doing this for 10 years.

Leibowitz said he regretted reporting the flag now that he has heard an explanation.

“If he doesn’t see it as an ISIS flag and it’s not an expression of support for a terrorist organization, then I feel terrible for having caused an invasion of his privacy and any embarrassment in the community,” Leibowitz said.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/14/new-jer...
Aphelion

Satellite Beach, FL

#1185787 Aug 14, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Why you are a bagger and you only believe what you are ordered to believe.
Your typical mantra when you or one of your cohorts is asked for supporting information regarding your positions. Might that be because it never exists?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Alyssa76 11,163
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 6 hr DT made Un blink 10
Trump Just Sux 7 hr Izzy Mentlyel 124
last post wins! (Dec '10) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 3,203
last post wins! (Apr '13) 8 hr They cannot kill ... 2,604
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr WelbyMD 242,525
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr Sublime1 105,232

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages