Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497933 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Rahm Jizzbucket Emanuel

Oswego, IL

#1184094 Aug 11, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>ROTFLMAO!!!!!
So you call what bushie boy left behind an 'opportunity'?!?!?!?!?
I love reich wing stupidity!!!!
This is a prime example of how a Leftist thinks! The left had the White House, the Senate and the House, not to mention the ear of the Supreme Court. And even more importantly, a country of mindless drones behind them, envisioning change. The "opportunity" was there for anything to be passed but the left still failed! Just the fact that leftists celebrate the lies and failures of bo's administration reveals their true ideology. Keep polishing bo's turds leftists......they're bound to come clean soon!

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1184095 Aug 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
20-20 vision and walking around blind. Anyone that researches the history should be able to see that the Israelis have never treated the Palestinians as equals,and their ultimate goal has always been all of the land in that area. Plain and simple. They actually believe that hey are special and it's their God giving right. They are a pathetic nation of parasites,connivers and manipulative liars and can never be trusted.
Well, when one starts a war with them, one is very likely to lose land. Returning Gaza to the Palestinians is a test case for keeping the west bank. It becomes a security concern.

Maybe they aren't equal. Israeli inventions and discoveries.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Israeli_...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184096 Aug 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
I blame anyone who voted to elect an inexperienced community organizer, an admitted Marxist with ties to radical and militant leftists.
I agree that after the mid-term elections, Obama will spend his last two years implementing as much of his left wing agenda as possible.
But Mr. perfection doesn't blame W Bush an AWOL Deserter that had been a total failure at every endeavor that he ever tried? Or Dick Cheney a weaselly coward that was too busy to serve his nation? That destroyed every thing that the two of them touched for eight years..Along with sacrificing 4,500 our our finest based on proven lies.You seem to be the one with the warped perceptions there crazy RAY.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1184097 Aug 11, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who blames the "Jews" for the war in Gaza is an anti-semite.
You can't separate the two. Anti-Semitism caused Zionism.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184098 Aug 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obama called the Iraq War a "dumb war".
His staffers say his foreign policy is not to do "dumb stuff".
Can't imagine a Ronald Reagan or a Mitt Romney sounding so juvenile.
Sure carol, we should be in about three wars now losing our soldiers left and right that seems to be the only time you idiots on the right are ever happy. Thank goodness we have Obama instead of RUmley or especially McCain -Palin..Who ever heard of a president that was concerned about saving American lives, huh DUMBO?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1184099 Aug 11, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
these people.....
Video of Violent, Rioting Surfers Shows White Culture of Lawlessness
....as an American of color who considers himself an ally to the white community, I'm just tired of seeing young, belligerent white people disgrace themselves year after year at surfing events, horse racing infields, and Ivy League campuses. Whites in America have been out from under their European ancestors' boot heels for centuries; California specifically outlawed preferences for nonwhites in state hiring and education nearly two decades ago. So being "oppressed" is no longer an excuse for behavior like this. How long must we wait for the white community to get its act together?
http://gawker.com/video-of-violent-rioting-su...
and if you want we can talk about those mass shootings you white folks love to perpetuate in either performing or allowing.
St. Louis, Chicago, Detroit, Baltimore,.......

Cultural Depravity is a huge issue for your generation to fix.

Man-Up to it, Babee.

Even if that sounds like sexual discrimination to you:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1184100 Aug 11, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn the police on unarmed Americans, we turn on you and YOU"RE NEXT, Drama Qween
hate-FULL P.O.S.
F.O.A.D.
Now I see why your nickname is Mud Face.
BTW i'm whiter than your dead granny at her open casket funeral,SO Don't even THINK of another racict remark or i'll drown your messages in a sea of very loooonnng posts about p.o.s. whites on meth and how meth affects the human body and BRAIN, You ass.
Did *you* get a free TV and Jewelry during the L.A. Riots?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA......

The St. Louis type of black doesn't riot on principle but on opportunism.

It goes with the Welfare Entitlement Culture

Lapeer, MI

#1184101 Aug 11, 2014
KeepCalmNcarryON wrote:
<quoted text>
Turn the police on unarmed Americans, we turn on you and YOU"RE NEXT, Drama Qween
hate-FULL P.O.S.
F.O.A.D.
Now I see why your nickname is Mud Face.
BTW i'm whiter than your dead granny at her open casket funeral,SO Don't even THINK of another racict remark or i'll drown your messages in a sea of very loooonnng posts about p.o.s. whites on meth and how meth affects the human body and BRAIN, You ass.
Jesse Sharpton: "Repeat after me! I AM SOMEBODY!"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA.....

Yep.*SOMEBODY* with an armload of loot, booty and Welfare Cheese.

Lapeer, MI

#1184102 Aug 11, 2014
mdbuilder wrote:
<quoted text>
Your pitiful deflection is a tacit endorsement of this mob mentality.
"You can take the savage out of the jungle, but you can't take the jungle........"
Hail, Columbia! has now become Hail, Kenya!

Spoils to the victors!

"If they bring a knife to the fight, we'll bring a shopping cart!" --- Magic Negro

Lapeer, MI

#1184104 Aug 11, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Quit posting racial slurs.
Get an IQ

Get a culture.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1184105 Aug 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure carol, we should be in about three wars now losing our soldiers left and right that seems to be the only time you idiots on the right are ever happy. Thank goodness we have Obama instead of RUmley or especially McCain -Palin..Who ever heard of a president that was concerned about saving American lives, huh DUMBO?
You really have no clue do you?

America’s Secret War in 134 Countries
The deployment of US Special Operations forces is a growing form of overseas power projection.

Nick Turse January 16, 2014
Decrease text size Increase text size

US Special forces
A US Special Forces trainer supervises a military assault drill for a unit within the Sudan People’s Liberation Army.(Reuters/Andreea Campeanu)

This article originally appeared at TomDispatch.com . To stay on top of important articles like these, sign up to receive the latest updates from TomDispatch.com .

They operate in the green glow of night vision in Southwest Asia and stalk through the jungles of South America. They snatch men from their homes in the Maghreb and shoot it out with heavily armed militants in the Horn of Africa. They feel the salty spray while skimming over the tops of waves from the turquoise Caribbean to the deep blue Pacific. They conduct missions in the oppressive heat of Middle Eastern deserts and the deep freeze of Scandinavia. All over the planet, the Obama administration is waging a secret war whose full extent has never been fully revealed—until now.

Since September 11, 2001, US Special Operations forces have grown in every conceivable way, from their numbers to their budget. Most telling, however, has been the exponential rise in special ops deployments globally. This presence—now, in nearly 70 percent of the world’s nations—provides new evidence of the size and scope of a secret war being waged from Latin America to the backlands of Afghanistan, from training missions with African allies to information operations launched in cyberspace.

In the waning days of the Bush presidency, Special Operations forces were reportedly deployed in about sixty countries around the world. By 2010, that number had swelled to seventy-five, according to Karen DeYoung and Greg Jaffe of The Washington Post. In 2011, Special Operations Command (SOCOM) spokesman Colonel Tim Nye told TomDispatch that the total would reach 120. Today, that figure has risen higher still.

In 2013, elite US forces were deployed in 134 countries around the globe, according to Major Matthew Robert Bockholt of SOCOM Public Affairs. This 123 percent increase during the Obama years demonstrates how, in addition to conventional wars and a CIA drone campaign, public diplomacy and extensive electronic spying, the US has engaged in still another significant and growing form of overseas power projection. Conducted largely in the shadows by America’s most elite troops, the vast majority of these missions take place far from prying eyes, media scrutiny, or any type of outside oversight, increasing the chances of unforeseen blowback and catastrophic consequences.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1184106 Aug 11, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. The IRS selectively targeting political groups who opposed the radical liberals in power didn't happen until Obama and his crew gave them the nod to go ahead....
...THAT'S when MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC ignored it.
They never ignore the slightest hint of corruption under a Republican administration...even a "smidgeon of corruption".
A long time ago I watched how the future Democratic leadership (the hippies) acted, how they used the word "authority" like it was an inhuman concept, and even back then, over 40 years ago, I came to this conclusion: The only authority they didn't like was the authority they didn't have. I recognized them as Eichman wannabes then. I think they have proven my assessment to be correct.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1184107 Aug 11, 2014
Growth Industry

Formally established in 1987, Special Operations Command has grown steadily in the post-9/11 era. SOCOM is reportedly on track to reach 72,000 personnel in 2014, up from 33,000 in 2001. Funding for the command has also jumped exponentially as its baseline budget,$2.3 billion in 2001, hit $6.9 billion in 2013 ($10.4 billion, if you add in supplemental funding). Personnel deployments abroad have skyrocketed, too, from 4,900 “man-years” in 2001 to 11,500 in 2013.

A recent investigation by TomDispatch, using open source government documents and news releases as well as press reports, found evidence that US Special Operations forces were deployed in or involved with the militaries of 106 nations around the world in 2012–13. For more than a month during the preparation of that article, however, SOCOM failed to provide accurate statistics on the total number of countries to which special operators—Green Berets and Rangers, Navy SEALs and Delta Force commandos, specialized helicopter crews, boat teams and civil affairs personnel—were deployed.“We don’t just keep it on hand,” SOCOM’s Bockholt explained in a telephone interview once the article had been filed.“We have to go searching through stuff. It takes a long time to do that.” Hours later, just prior to publication, he provided an answer to a question I first asked in November of last year.“SOF [Special Operations forces] were deployed to 134 countries” during fiscal year 2013, Bockholt explained in an email.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1184108 Aug 11, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Abercrombie said he would produce the birth certificate, then the only person who ever saw it was killed in a plane that was photographed floating intact after ditching in the water and every single other person got off the plane without any injuries.
You know, everyone in Hawaii has figured out Obama wasn't born there.
ROTFLMAO!!! Calling you a liar just wouldn't be accurate son.

Insanity, stupidity and/or idiocy has to factor in there big time as well!!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1184109 Aug 11, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
20-20 vision and walking around blind. Anyone that researches the history should be able to see that the Israelis have never treated the Palestinians as equals,and their ultimate goal has always been all of the land in that area. Plain and simple. They actually believe that hey are special and it's their God giving right. They are a pathetic nation of parasites,connivers and manipulative liars and can never be trusted.
And that explains the Palestinians in the government of Israel.

You're an idiot.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1184110 Aug 11, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
According to Obama the genius, the most brilliant mind ever to grace the Oval Office, the person your side referred to as¨The One¨, the ¨Messiah¨, the ¨healer¨...
¨The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even in one term, but America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you: We as a people will get there.¨
Yes, we can! Yes, we can! Yes, we can! Yes, we can! Yes, we can!
Not my fault you idiots elected a community organizer...TWICE.
McConnell: The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.

lol! That was the number one reich wing goal?!?!?!?!?!

Nowhere is America or Americans mentioned. Just a clear hate for one man....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1184111 Aug 11, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Please tell us what country had to give up land for the state of Israel to be created, moron.
Oh I'm sorry son.

Are you saying anyone could go in there and just simply take the land?

Let's see if you're smarter than a moron or if you're going to dump and run like a little scared 'wabbit'!!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1184112 Aug 11, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And that explains the Palestinians in the government of Israel.
You're an idiot.
So says the proven nutcase and liar. You have the least credibility of anyone on here moron, while generally considered to be the most radical.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1184113 Aug 11, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
And MSNBC, ABC, CBS and NBC ignored it, right?
You're an idiot. It never happened until the Democrats got the power.
lol!!!!!

You're such an idiot son and don't even know it....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1184114 Aug 11, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt is a racist; he calls the Presidents mother a slut because she married a black man.
Laura Bush killed her boyfriend and never was even given a breathilyzer test; although the boyfriends family sued her family for wrongful death
Bastard is another word for illegitimate; no one even thinks like that anymore; but Galt is in is 80's, bored out of his gourd at Shady Pines and hates his life and is so delusional to think his opinion matters
Obama's parents were never legally married, hence Obama was and is a bastard....for more reasons than one...

but that is really irrelevant compared to a world that is disintegrating because of Obama's gross incompetence....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Maverick 808 237,732
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 hr Mothra 63,392
Nancy Pelosi (our demented gal). 6 hr Willie Wackoff 6
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 6 hr TRD 71,396
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 6 hr GEORGIA 2,486
Review: 24hrTrash 7 hr Steve smith 1
Meryl Streep is a worthless know nothing bitch. 8 hr Redred61 18

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages