Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417113 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1182398 Aug 8, 2014
The idiot Grey Ghost doing his sock routine, for sure!
Fetch Almighty wrote:
<quoted text>ever wonder what it's like to be correct?
No life, eh Ghost?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182399 Aug 8, 2014
Cops gun down Ohio man holding toy rifle in Walmart ‘like he was not even human’

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/08/cops-gu...

(they killed him because he was black)
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1182400 Aug 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me to explain it to you dsince you are too.
The Iron Dome is a DEFENSE system to intercept rockets fired into Israel.
There, did that make you happy?
Now, dumbass, explain how that escalates into all out war.
TYou people are dumber than sh*t.
You can't make this sh*t up!

Dumb Dave types:

"Allow me to explain it to you dsince you are too."

then promptly proceeds to call someone else dumber than sh*t.

Priceless!

LOL!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1182401 Aug 8, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Obama Is 100 Percent Right to Throw Red Meat of Lawsuit and Impeachment Talk Back at Republicans
Given the reality that Boehner is trying to be as extreme as he can get away with in his attacks on the president, why in the world wouldn't Barack Obama do exactly what he has been doing in response? Why wouldn't he call Boehner out on his extremism? Why wouldn't he use that extremism to motivate his own supporters to get out and vote?
And here's how the president is doing it:
"Stop being mad all the time," Obama chided Republicans during rowdy, campaign-style remarks. "Stop just hatin' all the time."
[snip] Obama has slammed the [lawsuit] as a political stunt, egging Republicans on with the quip "so sue me" during a speech in early July. "They're mad because I'm doing my job," Obama said on Wednesday, calling on lawmakers to instead take action on closing tax loopholes and pass new laws he said will spur job creation. "We can do so much more if Congress would just come on and help out a little bit," he said. "Just come on. Come on and help out a little bit."
Obama is playing this exactly correct. By forcing Boehner and House Republicans to go on the record ruling out impeachment, he does three things. First, the president gets the Republican majority that wants impeachment angry at Boehner, undercutting whatever gains the lawsuit might bring Republicans from the hard right.
Second, Obama gets Boehner and House Republicans to talk about impeachment in the same breath that they are talking about the lawsuit, making clear the connection between the two, whatever they say about ruling out impeachment. More than 60 percent of independent voters in both of the two aforementioned polls oppose impeachment (despite the Fox poll prepping respondents with questions that painted Obama in a negative light just before asking them about impeachment), with barely one out of three in favor. Although the Fox poll didn't ask, the CNN poll also found independents opposing Boehner's lawsuit, 55 percent to 43 percent. Obama is making sure that independents know what Boehner is up to, and reminding them of Republican extremism.
Third, the president is giving that same reminder to his own supporters, in particular the members of the Obama coalition who are disproportionately likely to sit out the midterm elections. By personalizing the midterms as a chance to stop the extremists who would do anything to destroy him, President Obama is seizing the opportunity to get our people to the polls. When our voters turn out, we win. I know I've heard that somewhere.
If Democrats can raise gobs of money calling out Republican extremism, money that can help boot some of those extremists out of office and help hold the Senate so that Barack Obama can get more progressive judges confirmed, not to mention pass a much more progressive budget than they'd get with Republican majorities in both houses of Congress, then by all means, do it.
Is the president playing politics here? Sure. Are House Republicans likely to actually vote to impeach him? No. But you know what? I don't care. John Boehner is the one who started this game, the one who has sought time and again to present himself as standing up to the president. It's sweet justice to see John Boehner's shenanigans redounding to the benefit of Barack Obama.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/ian-reifowitz/o...
Obama is an incompetent who is unable to address major world problems.....so he puts on the Negro dialect and panders to the lowest element of American society......

disgusting......
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1182402 Aug 8, 2014
Hey Stupid Democrats wrote:
Now, the Kurds have been battling a group of militants from ISIS who are using powerful American weapons they took from the battlefield, left by the Obama administration.
lol!... but given by the bushie boy administration!!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182403 Aug 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
And since it's late I can say this...
My baby's all grown up and saving China!
(From the Disney movie, Mulan...for those too young to remember).
Well, actually, she's just stepping out into the real world and joining the diminishing majority who still have to work for a living...
...but to me it's like she's all grown up and saving China....
Are you drunk?

"she's stepping out into the real world and joining the diminishing majority who still have to work for a living"

What does that even mean?

Saving china? You're on something for sure.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1182404 Aug 8, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Allow me to explain it to you dsince you are too.
The Iron Dome is a DEFENSE system to intercept rockets fired into Israel.
There, did that make you happy?
Now, dumbass, explain how that escalates into all out war.
TYou people are dumber than sh*t.
Reall Dumb Dave?

"TYou people are dumber than sh*t" ???

Priceless!!!

ROTFLMAO!!!!
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1182405 Aug 8, 2014
Rightwingers are dumb.
Patrick

United States

#1182406 Aug 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk?
"she's stepping out into the real world and joining the diminishing majority who still have to work for a living"
What does that even mean?
Saving china? You're on something for sure.
Has become a parody of herself.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1182407 Aug 8, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
How dare a general on MSNBC have an opinion that is negative of Obama's policies.
lol! Clearly he's not a reich wing goose stepper son!
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1182408 Aug 8, 2014
Turn Gaza into a Parking Lot….Period!!! PEACE!!
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182409 Aug 8, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, for heaven's sake, Lily. Give it a rest.
There is nothing racist about blacks having taken their rightful place in society when it was not that way before.
How old are you anyway? If you can't remember when it was not like that before, you're a lot younger than I thought.
Even Bill Clinton commented that Obama would have been serving coffee in the White House - not winning the presidency - at one time.
Now call Bill Clinton a racist. I dare you.
You never cease to amaze me with how ignorant you are. I can't believe you are a college graduate; or were a teacher. You must have been sleeping with the professors and getting a pass on your grades. You make a fool of yourself everyday. I wonder if you ever talk to people in the real world like you do on here?

http://www.blackpast.org/aah/101-african-amer...
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1182410 Aug 8, 2014
So has any Republican reared his/her ugly head to take the lead for the Republican nomination to take on Hillary? Who is going to be the sacrificial lamb? Anyone?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182411 Aug 8, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Has become a parody of herself.
Incredible, just incredible.

Listened to an interesting segment of NPR yesterday on Jason Hamacher:

Before War, A Punk Drummer Preserved Syrian Chants

Before the civil war in Syria destroyed ancient religious sites — and scattered some of the oldest Christian communities in the world — Jason Hamacher made several trips there, taking photos and recording ancient Sufi and Christian chants.

The project got its start when Hamacher read in a book about "the world's oldest Christian music." He tracked down From the Holy Mountain author William Dalrymple, who told him there were no recordings of the music — and that "it's not a monastery in the desert; it is a Syrian Orthodox church in the middle of the city of Aleppo." Hamacher ended up staying at that church as a guest of the archbishop, who has since been kidnapped by rebels.

http://news.stlpublicradio.org/post/war-punk-...
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1182412 Aug 8, 2014
Fetch Almighty wrote:
<quoted text>at least we evolved, you're kinda stuck there it seems
lol! I disagree.

Regression isn't the same as being stuck! I tend to believe fetchie's development is more along the lines of 'F-Troop'.....
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1182413 Aug 8, 2014
Homer wrote:
Rightwingers are dumb.
Getting worse by the day. Hi Homer; hope you're well.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1182414 Aug 8, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The perks of being a former president of the United States. Those peaking fees to pay off.
“Welcome to the wonderful world of jealousy, he thought. For the price of admission, you get a splitting headache, a nearly irresistable urge to commit murder, and an inferiority complex. Yippee.”(J.R. Ward)
What's a peaking fee, libtard?
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#1182415 Aug 8, 2014
Can any of you rightwinger pronounce the word 'aluminum'? I find rightwingers have trouble with that word and 'nuclear'.

And no it's not : Al you min e um

Galt?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1182416 Aug 8, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You never cease to amaze me with how ignorant you are. I can't believe you are a college graduate; or were a teacher. You must have been sleeping with the professors and getting a pass on your grades. You make a fool of yourself everyday. I wonder if you ever talk to people in the real world like you do on here?
http://www.blackpast.org/aah/101-african-amer...
You never cease to amaze me with how ignorant and hateful you are.

How are you getting along with your neighbors?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1182417 Aug 8, 2014
Hmmmm..... I wonder why there aren't any reich wing idiots complaining and whining and crying about Obama stepping into iraq?

poor babies. Looks like Obama has more balls than they do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 6 min honeymylove 2,402
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Jacques in Orlean... 222,226
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 1,924
Word (Dec '08) 1 hr They cannot kill ... 6,684
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr GEORGIA 3,017
News Former Mayor Daley responds to question about C... 2 hr grounded in reality 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr OzRitz 60,991
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 6 hr Go Blue Forever 103,417

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages