Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1420043 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1182133 Aug 7, 2014
Here’s the Cost of Obamacare
MEGHAN FOLEY GOOGLE+ TWITTER | MORE ARTICLES
AUGUST 06, 2014

Read more: http://wallstcheatsheet.com/politics/heres-th...

Why are health care costs rising?

Health care experts are not surprised costs are rising.“Anyone who tells you that he or she can make the health care system more universal, improve quality, and also reduce costs is in denial or misleading you,” wrote Aaron Carroll MD, MS,— director of Indiana University’s Center for Health Policy and Professionalism Research — in a 2012 blog post.“When it comes to election season, those people are often politicians.” Together, access, care quality, and costs are known as the iron triangle of health care, a relationship defined by the geometry of that shape. Just as a triangle’s legs can be lengthen if another side is shortened, one or “perhaps even” two of those components of health care can be improved, but those improvements have to come at the expense of a third, as Carroll noted. Therefore, to ensure a health care system can achieve better outcomes, costs will increase or some change in access will be required."

“you know i know”

denver

#1182134 Aug 7, 2014
not to worry, BO was safe under his bed:

Mischievous Toddler Triggers White House Lock Down
Well, this might be a first. The White House was temporarily locked down Thursday night as Secret Service responded to a unique incident on the North Lawn. Fence-jumpers are a frequent occurrence here, but not like this. A toddler apparently squeezed through the north fence,...
ABC News

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1182135 Aug 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are beyond stupid, Bush lied us into this mess and that blunder will always belong to him and the idiots like you. Iraq stable..... you and all the pusseecees on the right should be forced to go there, but you baggers are mostly chickenshits that don't mind other peoples sons and daughters doing the dying while you make political hay out of your mess. I'm just thankful that we have a leader that thinks before he acts.
Thinking? you call what O'bama does thinking??? ROTFLMAO-he is a crack head-his brain cells have been missing for a long time, he has been looking for a war because his and your fellow loser liberal's policies have devalued the dollar so bad, deflation is raising its ugly head. Democrats are the most un-thinking people on earth, go get a shot for the ebola, will you?

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1182136 Aug 7, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you're pissy because USA dismantles your BFF Roxblow on a daily basis!!
You're funny as ever, Eman. That's about it!!
Wrong, nuc. USA's an idiot, just read some of her posts. So why do you have a [email protected] for roxlo (sorry roxlo)?

My favorite usa post is the one where she think, "faithfully execute" means "change". What a maroon.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1182137 Aug 7, 2014
Shin Dig wrote:
<quoted text>Same old bullshit I agree ,there's that muslim again on TV today."My fellow Americans".
Makes me what to puke when the O'bama says 'my''fellow' Americans, first of all we are not his and second he is not one of US.
Ray Donovan

United States

#1182138 Aug 7, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>I don't remember Bush as a whiner, Bush actually worked with Congress and Bush didn't have a race card to throw.
A major point that liberals always ignore is how Bush's low approval numbers were AIDED SIGNIFICANTLY by the left-leaning media while Obama earned his new record low approval numbers DESPITE a mollycoddling media.
zippy

Chicago, IL

#1182139 Aug 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Realtime-Patrick has until early November to keep running his mouth.
you dopes really itching for another shot at driving the country back into a ditch...good for you ma'am
dem

Lombard, IL

#1182140 Aug 7, 2014
Evening, tea bag terrorists.

“you know i know”

denver

#1182141 Aug 7, 2014
'Dumb as a rock' Nancy Pelosi /Biden calls Africa a 'country,' deletes tweet
On Wednesday, House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, the California Democrat recently called "dumb as a rock" by retired Army Lt. Col. Ralph Peters, issued a tweet referring to Africa as a country, Twitchy said. Pelosi, perhaps recognizing her mistake ...
Examiner.com from RSS

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1182142 Aug 7, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how ever since Bush upset the Apple Cart, the whole ME is exploding??
Coups in Egypt, two so far and it ain't over.
Syria?
Libya?
Yemen?
Tunesia?
Iraq?
Lebanon??
Gaza??
It's all related. Bush opened Pandora's proverbial Box, and the repercussins will take years to play out.
Saddam and other dictators were brutal.
But they kept the peace....and allowed secularism to survive. Now they're killing each other.
How's that 'democracy' in Iraq working out??
We are respsonsible for this, but there is not much we can do about it
"They kept the peace". Lmao. Dude, quit being as dumb as usa and pick up a history book already.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1182143 Aug 7, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't it funny how ever since Bush upset the Apple Cart, the whole ME is exploding??
Coups in Egypt, two so far and it ain't over.
Syria?
Libya?
Yemen?
Tunesia?
Iraq?
Lebanon??
Gaza??
It's all related. Bush opened Pandora's proverbial Box, and the repercussins will take years to play out.
Saddam and other dictators were brutal.
But they kept the peace....and allowed secularism to survive. Now they're killing each other.
How's that 'democracy' in Iraq working out??
We are respsonsible for this, but there is not much we can do about it
Oh, and the progressives seemed to support everything you mentioned.
dem

Lombard, IL

#1182144 Aug 7, 2014
Gunner that coward is still alive?

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1182145 Aug 7, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Honey! I'm home!
Are you doing your mental everyone is a Waxman routine again?
Ray is not me.
Neither is Florida.
Have you done your unhinged routine yet today, Government class moron?
<quoted text>
Look!!
A matched pair of socks!!
Need a good cleaning!!
You seem to be obsessed with waxman.
Fetch Almighty

Lombard, IL

#1182146 Aug 7, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>Thinking? you call what O'bama does thinking??? ROTFLMAO-he is a crack head-his brain cells have been missing for a long time, he has been looking for a war because his and your fellow loser liberal's policies have devalued the dollar so bad, deflation is raising its ugly head. Democrats are the most un-thinking people on earth, go get a shot for the ebola, will you?
yak yak yak...the yenta hasn't shut up in years. your poor husband/meal ticket. hope he isn't thinking about getting a handgun, i know you won't clean it up
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1182147 Aug 7, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
So because "someone" created that term, ALL conservatives are stupid and ignorant?? Very irrational.
Dang! You reich wingers are infectious for the wrong reasons!

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1182149 Aug 7, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure.
Nobraina/Galt has had dozens of names here over time, including ones he hijacked from me, the original Ayn Rand and Demos.
'what difference does it make' that he pretends to be in CA when he's always been in PA??
He's a fraud from the git-go.
And he's so frigntened of me, he won't reply!!
Nuc just admitted to be demos/tensing. Not that we haven't already suspected that.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1182150 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The generator is overkill. My husband bought it to appease me and my fear of freezing to death due to a winter storm. However, our "cabin" is really a four bedroom house in the mountains with that "cabin" feel...wood floors, walls of pine, open beam ceilings, wood burning stoves and forever views. A nice place to "get away".
Oooooooo!!!

“you know i know”

denver

#1182151 Aug 7, 2014
someone will pay, the taxpayers

Most Uninsured Won't Pay Fines in 2016 Under Health Law
Almost 90% of the nation's 30 million uninsured won't pay a penalty under the Affordable Care Act in 2016 because of a growing batch of exemptions to the health-coverage requirement. Louise Radnofsky joins MoneyBeat. Photo: Getty Images.
WSJ Live

Fail, barry
Fetch Almighty

Lombard, IL

#1182152 Aug 7, 2014
dem wrote:
Gunner that coward is still alive?
Bam...back into hiding...yep, gunner
dem

Chicago, IL

#1182153 Aug 7, 2014
Gunner was just leaving anyway. Lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 11 min Rogue Scholar 05 222,749
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 17 min Cheffie 70,973
last post wins! (Dec '10) 42 min Red_Forman 2,428
america's hunters............pretty amazing. 1 hr Say NO 2 Idiots 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr RACE 103,460
News Trump stirs controversy with tweet about fatal ... 2 hr grounded in reali... 1
News How And Why Chicago Violence Became Conservativ... 2 hr grounded in reali... 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages