Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179288 Aug 3, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems it did!
Bill O’Reilly took on Karl Rove over the management
of the VA during the Bush administration.
“The problems existed on the day President Bush left office,” the Fox News host said to Rove, who was a White House aide to President George W. Bush, on Wednesday evening.
He cited a 2008 report issued by VA to the Obama-Biden presidential transition team that said waiting times at the department were too long and threatened veterans’ access to health care. The report, obtained by CBS News, said,“the problems and causes associated with scheduled, waiting times and waiting lists are systemic.”
“Because President Bush
involved the nation in two very intense wars,
he had to upgrade the VA facilities.
Everybody knows that,” O’Reilly replied, referring to the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.
4500 dead
140,000 needing care
Vietnam era veterans still account for the largest share of the over 850,000 veterans being treated by the VA. The Vietnam conflict ended nearly forty years ago.
Hillary Clinton

Costa Mesa, CA

#1179289 Aug 3, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wise up to what? Why would anyone vote republican?
Your tongue must have blisters from all that licking ,and I don't mean from stamps or envelopes. Call me sometime
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179290 Aug 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I know son.
When Shinseki told bushie boy he needed twice as many troops to accomplish the mission, bushie boy promptly fired him.
That was a scandal wasn't it? And then it blew into an even bigger one!
RoxLo feels HIS posts will be collected and taught at Yale?

http://www.historywebsite.co.uk/Museum/locks/...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1179291 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
It is bad enough that those on the right post racial slurs but it really pathetic when people like you defend them.
How about light-skinned Negro? Or saying Obama doesn't talk in a Negro dialect unless he wants to?

Is that racist?
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179292 Aug 3, 2014
TSM wrote:
Hopefully this is a Trend ‘Jewish voters 'drifting away from Democrats!' The million dollar questions will the Blacks/Hispanics community wise up?
Now that the Republican delegation to the House an Senate have NO Jews, thanks to the tea party ....don't hold your breath!
THE DEVIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#1179293 Aug 3, 2014
JEEZUM CROW! THOSE CRAZY RED DOTS AT TOPIX LOST HALF MY STORY AGAIN,,, WHAT'RE YA GONNA DO?
BEGIN AT THE BEGINNING I GUESS...

I WUZ JUS' LYIN' HERE... WAITIN' FO' Y'ALL TO WAKE UP... THE FISHIN' SUCKD DESPITE THE COL' SNAP SO I WUZ CASTIN' BACK IN MY MIND TO A TIME YEARS AGO BEFO' A FLYROD HAD EVEN BEEN SEEN IN GEORGIA... THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER RUN FROM ABOVE HELEN ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FLINT RIVER AN' BEYOND, AN' I GUESS I FISH EVERY INCH OF THAT RIVER... HELL, I'D GET IN A FLOAT TUBE WITH A BOTTLE OF BUSHMILLS AN' SOMETIMES I WOKE UP IN GOD KNOWS WHERE IN FLORIDA OR ALABAMA... LOTS OF TIMES...

NOW BACK THEN I FISHED OR HUNTED EVERY SINGLE DAY.. I WORE OUT A MEC 300 JUNIOR IN 15 DAYS SO I'D INSTALLED HIS BIG BROTHER UNDER THE CAP OF MY OL' RUSTY DATSUN PICKUP AN' THERE WAS 20... 25 POUNDS OF SMOKELESS POWDER IN THAT TRUCK AN PROLLY 150 LBS OF LEAD SO IT WOULDA BEEN BAD TO RUN INTO ME BY ACCIDENT.... I HAD TWO GOOD DOGS, BLACK LABS, AN' I HAD THE LOVE OF A GOOD WOMAN WHOSE DADDY OWNED THE SPORTIN'' GOODS STORE IN MARTINSBURG, WV CONVENIENTLY... AND SHE DINT MIND MAKIN' SWEET LOVE ON THE ROUGH, RED METAL FLOOR OF THAT SERVICEABLE VEHICLE.

AND I WAS BATSHIT CRAZY BACK THEN...

I WAS FISHIN' BELOW THE LAKE LANIER DAM... WAY BELOW BUT JUST ABOVE ATLANTA IN THE BIG WATER WITH A 9' ROD I BUILT MYSELF... MY BLOOD STREAKED AN' RAGGEDY VEST, AN' A PAIR OF LATEX WADERS I'D PATCHED SO MANY TIMES AFTER HANGIN' ON THORN BUSHES AROUN' THE SOUTH FO' 8 OR 9 YEARS... THE WADERS WAS BROWN, THE PATCHES TAN AN' RED.... I S'POSE I WAS A SORRY SIGHT...

I ENTERED THE WATER ON THE HIGHWAY SIDE AN' TOOK SEVERAL GOOD RAINBOWS, 2-3 LBS ON ONE OF MY FRIEND BEN SCHLEY’S UGLY CRAYFISH FLIES AN' THEN, ACROSS THE WAY, I SEE A FISH JUMP AN' FLASH IN THE SUN... I'M NOT LOOKIN' AT HIM SO I DON' SEE WHAT IT IS EXACTLY... BUT IT BIG, I KNOW THAT.. HE WORKIN' A LONG DRAW NEXT TO THE BANK IN MEDIUM FAST WATER AN' HE ABOUT... 200 YARDS AWAY... MAYBE 150...

I WATCH AN' EVENTUALLY HE JUMP AGAIN, SOME KINDA INCIDENTAL HATCH I GUESS? HE OVER 10 LBS... LOOK LIKE A GIANT PINK AN' GREEN FOOTBALL.... SO I TAKE STOCK AN’ I HEAD OVER THERE... I MAKE IT TO THE FAR BANK AN' START TO WORK MY WAY CAREFULLY TO A POINT BELOW HIM FROM WHERE I IMAGINE I COULD FARM A CAST...

AN, AS I'M WALKIN' DOWN... SNEAKIN' DOWN ACTUALLY... I MEET TWO DAPPER MEN IN FISHIN' GEAR COMIN UP TOWARDS ME... THEY FLY FISHERMEN TOO, APPARENTLY, AN' THEY WEARIN' ENOUGH SNAZZY NEW GEAR TO BUY A SMALL PLANE... I SMILE AN GREET THEM... MAYBE EVEN TIP MY CAP, I DON' REMEMBER? BUT I REMEMBER THEIR RESPONSE, THEY TOTALLY IGNORE ME... LIKE I WUZ BLACK OR SUMTHIN'... I ASK ‘EM HOW THEY WAS DOIN’ AN’ GET NO ANSWER THERE EITHER…

WELL, BAFFLED, I WATCH THEM FO' A BIT AN' THEY MAKE THEY WAY DOWN INTO THE WATER AN' START FISHIN' IF THAT WHAT YOU CALL IT... THEY CASTIN' UPSTREAM IN FULL SUNLIGHT WITH TINY DRY FLIES AT 10 AM, AN THAT NEVER GON' WORK, NOT IN THIS LIFETIME SO I WENT ON TO WHERE I THOUGHT I MIGHT BE BELOW MOBY AN' SNUCK INTO THE DARK WATER...
Film at a 11

Costa Mesa, CA

#1179294 Aug 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
unwarranted right wing entitlement issues based in warranted paranoia; seems Europe doesn't feel the same way about Israel that the GOP does. so Israel does what right wing losers do...cheat.
now all we need to do is wait for the lies about the cheating. which begs the question....are they showing FOX in Israel?
Is sonicfullofshitfilter a muzzie? KILL THEM ALL LET GOD SORT THEM OUT.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179295 Aug 3, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I know son.
When Shinseki told bushie boy he needed twice as many troops to accomplish the mission, bushie boy promptly fired him.
That was a scandal wasn't it? And then it blew into an even bigger one!
Shinseki was correct__Runsfield and Wolfowitz were guys with size 6 feet trying to walk around wearing size twelve shoes.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1179296 Aug 3, 2014
TSM wrote:
This is a president that careless about the Democratic Party/Democrats but he’s the Albatross hanging around their necks!!
Poll: Registered Voters Want A Republican House AND Senate!!
but they don't want a Republican in the White House.
fact you

Costa Mesa, CA

#1179297 Aug 3, 2014
Where's that little devil? a no show.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1179298 Aug 3, 2014
Racism is White America’s HIV

For white America, confronting its own racism is a lot like attitudes surrounding HIV.

We white Americans all-too-seldom reflect upon the issue of racism, because we don’t have to. We don’t have to think about it, because the system is set up to benefit us, at the expense of people of color, without our ever doing anything mean or unkind, so it is very easy never to even notice how life is for someone not in our majority.

Racism has often been referred to as a “cancer” on and in society. But that has never struck me as terribly apt or helpful, despite its obviously negative connotation. So I began wondering what a more helpful metaphor might be for racism and its on-going effect on many of our citizens. And for some reason, it occurred to me that many of the things we say about being infected with HIV, the virus that can lead to AIDS, are true of racism:

Many people who are infected don’t know it.

Those infected by racism are largely oblivious to it. It operates behind the scenes and barely shows itself in the early stages. It can be an important part of who we are and how we operate without our knowledge. And because the system is set up to benefit us, we can easily believe that racism is something that other people get. Understanding our being white in a racist society is akin to getting a fish in an aquarium to understand the concept of water – it is simply the medium in which we swim, the reality that supports us and in which we thrive without so much as a passing thought.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2014/08...

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1179299 Aug 3, 2014
Surely, even those on here who represent the die-hards - the ones who are left - must know Obama has lost many former glittery-eyed followers.

He over promised and under delivered. The only thing that's transparent is his clear detachment and his administration's glass-like corruption. The gig is up.

Even so, the mean lean liberal machine will continue to lie, cheat, steal...whatever...to keep the same caliber of leadership in power. And the die-hards will continue to defend them.

Wait and see.
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179301 Aug 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't worry. The imposters are quite easy to detect. We're getting used to them. One in particular. We just ignore him.
I'm not worried ... Worry is too much to invest on a blog.

Even concern at this point is above my posting pay. ;-)

That's good. Though not all of the "we" ignore her.

I only come here for The Recipes!...:-)

THE DEVIL

Copenhagen, Denmark

#1179302 Aug 3, 2014
fact you wrote:
Where's that little devil? a no show.
SHE PROLLY HIDIN' FROM YOU INCISIVE CRITICISM?...
paddeyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1179303 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder how many unqualified "rich kids" get in because their daddies were governors or had lots of money.
Is that a problem too?
"What difference does it make"? asked Hillary. If entry into college was based solely on the SAT, colleges and universities would be crammed full with Japanese, Chinese, Vietnamese, Indian, and white students,. there would be no room for Hispanic or Blacks.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1179304 Aug 3, 2014
Film at a 11 wrote:
<quoted text> Is sonicfullofshitfilter a muzzie? KILL THEM ALL LET GOD SORT THEM OUT.
Muzzies.....

A global poll in and about several countries, conducted for the BBC long before the latest strife in Gaza, reported that negative views of Israel’s influence in the world outweighed positive ones by more than two to one.

http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/216103...

so once again...right wing nutjobs on the wrong side of another issue.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1179305 Aug 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Surely, even those on here who represent the die-hards - the ones who are left - must know Obama has lost many former glittery-eyed followers.
He over promised and under delivered. The only thing that's transparent is his clear detachment and his administration's glass-like corruption. The gig is up.
Even so, the mean lean liberal machine will continue to lie, cheat, steal...whatever...to keep the same caliber of leadership in power. And the die-hards will continue to defend them.
Wait and see.
see....GOP Congress under promised and delivered nothing.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1179306 Aug 3, 2014
Hamas should thank Israel’s right-wing

The rising death toll in Gaza and ever-expanding swath of destruction in the territory are the perfect backdrop for the restoration of Hamas’ reputation.

http://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-1.607...
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179308 Aug 3, 2014
Republicans running the U.S. House started this session of Congress vowing to consider immigration policy changes that would appeal to Hispanic voters, the nation’s fastest growing voter bloc.

They’re delivering just the opposite.

To win support for border legislation, House Speaker John Boehner, R-Ohio, and his leadership team had to add money on Friday for National Guard troops along the Texas-Mexico line.

They also included a measure to stop protecting some migrant children from deportation, undermining an Obama administration policy that most Hispanic voters support.

“It’s something that I think can be perceived pretty negatively by many in our country,” Rep. Mario Diaz- Balart, a Florida Republican, said in an interview about the measure that would end the deportation protections for children.

The House on Friday voted 223-189 mostly along party lines to spend $694 million — less than one-fifth of the money President Barack Obama said was needed – to handle the surge of children arriving at the U.S.-Mexico border from Central America. The second measure also passed, 216-192.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1179309 Aug 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Muzzies.....
A global poll in and about several countries, conducted for the BBC long before the latest strife in Gaza, reported that negative views of Israel’s influence in the world outweighed positive ones by more than two to one.
http://www.economist.com/news/briefing/216103...
so once again...right wing nutjobs on the wrong side of another issue.
Real leaders don't lead by polls.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min Learn to Read 177,967
Amy 9-16 9 min edogxxx 2
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 14 min J RULES 69,354
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 16 min Blwlgo 1,919
Abby 9-16 23 min edogxxx 2
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 34 min Blwlgo 4,018
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 37 min TRD 68,469
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr edogxxx 98,199
•••
•••

Chicago Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE