Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620784 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Ray Donovan

United States

#1181946 Aug 7, 2014
Debunker wrote:
<quoted text>
Millions haven't had their premiums go up,. Are you lying or stupid?
Are you lying, stupid or get your information from barackbama.com ? All three?

According to eHealthInsurance, premiums have risen more after Obamacare than the average premium increases over the eight years before it became law.

The individual market for health insurance has seen premiums rise by 39 percent since February 2013, eHealth reports. Without a subsidy, the average individual premium is now $274 a month. Families have been hit even harder with an average increase of 56 percent over the same period — average premiums are now $663 per family, over $426 last year.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1181947 Aug 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressives would rather bang Bill Maher...
Sarah Palin...
'Sarah Palin first made history on December 4, 2006, when she was sworn in as the first female and youngest governor of Alaska. In August 2008, Senator John McCain tapped Palin to serve as his vice-presidential running mate in his presidential campaign, making her the first woman to run on the Republican Party’s presidential ticket.'
http://www.sarahpac.com/sarahs-story

So McCain tapped her also...Good little running mate.
Barack Ovomit

Murrieta, CA

#1181948 Aug 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You poor miserable baby, you are so used to hearing that you actually think it applies to everyone.What a frigging clown you are Guilt.
Time to change your colostomy bag you old washed up elsinore turd. Is your mom still huffing the fumes from your turd bag?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1181949 Aug 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
HAHAHAHA
I have a bridge you might want to by.....
President Obama has sent out a subtle message to Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents to stand down and slack off the enforcement, former border agents told the National Review Online.
Some agents say the White House has purposely failed to order them to take care of the influx of illegals across the border, said Ronald Colburn, the former national deputy chief of the U.S. Border Patrol, National Review Online reported. And that neglect has led to the scores of illegal minor-age immigrants coming up from Central America, Mr. Colburn said.
“They’re sitting still at their desks, reading newspapers, playing video games on their government computers, because they’re not being tasked with work, and they feel like it’s coming all the way down from the top,” Mr. Colburn told National Review Online.“These are guys that do want to go out more, but basically they’re not.”
Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/jul/...
Follow us:@washtimes on Twitter
Colburn retired in January, 2013.

Funny how he takes credit in his bio for helping to "oversee the effort to double the size of the U.S. Border Patrol under Obama and claim he was critical to the operational deployment of billions of dollars’ worth of technology and tactical infrastructure designed to bolster U.S. law enforcement efforts" but seems to believe things have changed since he left. What a kook.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1181950 Aug 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Wow!
Ann Coulter!
'A Connecticut native, Coulter graduated with honors from Cornell University School of Arts & Sciences, and received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School, where she was an editor of The Michigan Law Review.'
http://www.anncoulter.com/my_life.html
MY FIRST WIFE WAS A CORNELL GRADUATE... FIRS' TIME I EVER PENETRATE HER WAS IN THE MEDIAN STRIP OF I-95... MMMMM... IVY LEAGUE, HUH?...

WITH THAT SAID, I WUZ PICKIN' PIECES OF ASPHALT OUT OF HER ASS FO' WEEKS AFTERWARDS.... WIT MY TONGUE...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1181951 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I heard the storm fizzled with little more than electrical outages...but those can be a huge annoyance. Glad it didn't turn out to be what they predicted. Several years ago we bought a 20,000 Watt generator for our cabin in the mountains. We have never used it but I like knowing it is there.
several years ago and never used???...

good luck with that.....

(typical leftwing economic ignorance)
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1181952 Aug 7, 2014
ASPHALT DON' TASTE HALF BAD WHEN YOU EATIN' IT OUT A GOOD LOOKIN', BIG-BREASTED WOMAN'S ASS, LEMME TELL YOU...
Barack Ovomit

Murrieta, CA

#1181953 Aug 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
She is one psycho bitch. I would be afraid to go to sleep around that weirdo. Be a good match for your crazed bagger ass though.
pffft, plop, squirt, pffffett. sniff sniff( your mom) pfttt. You still giving dem a rusty trombone? Felcher you are
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1181954 Aug 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
It's laughable when the liberals are left with nothing but childish insults, because they cannot support their claims.
Last year, scholars at the Manhattan Institute ran a 49-state analysis of individual market healthcare rates under Obamacare and found a 41 percent increase on average. Their follow-up study of more than 3,100 counties across the country pegs the average hike at 49 percent. Consumers in New York -- home to a distorted, "death spiral"-plagued individual market prior to Obamacare -- are among the few Americans who've enjoyed an average rate drop. Virtually everywhere else, price tags went in the wrong direction:
Across the country, for men overall, individual-market premiums went up in 91 percent of all counties: 2,844 out of 3,137. For 27-year-old men, the average county faced 91 percent increases; for 40-year-old men, 60 percent; for 64-year-old men, 32 percent. Women fared slightly better; their premiums “only” went up in 82 percent of all counties: 2,562 out of 3,137. That’s because Obamacare bars insurers from charging different rates to men and women; prior to Obamacare, only 11 states did so. Because women tend to consume more health care than men, the end result of the Obamacare regulation is that men fare somewhat worse. Relative to men, the average rate increase for women was less extreme: 44 percent for 27-year-olds; 23 percent for 40-year-olds; 42 percent for 64-year-olds.
http://townhall.com/tipsheet/guybenson/2014/0...
Townhall? You couldn't find anything by Art Thompson? Or Jim Hoft? Or Steven Goddard?

How about Robert M Grooms? The American Music Festival's Mike Hilton?

Anyone?
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1181955 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are really haunted by my short lived stent as a "birther". Why is that? Can't accept the fact that not everyone is stuck on stupid? That seems to be a conservative trait.
“Being ignorant is not so much a shame, as being unwilling to learn.”(Benjamin Franklin)
I resent your characterizing conservatives as "stupid" and "ignorant". Liberals and conservatives have very different ideologies. We feel as strongly about ours as you do yours. I don't agree with the vast majority of your beliefs but you certainly have the right to them. I don't feel the need to question your intellect based on your ideologies.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1181956 Aug 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
Please ask that idiot 'DEVIL' that question....
UM... DID NOBODY TELL YOU BOUT ME BEFO' YOU COME IN HERE WAVIN' YOU ASS IN THE AIR LIKE ORVILLE WRIGHT?... WELL, THEN, HI! HOW YOU DOIN', AMOS... I ANDY...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1181957 Aug 7, 2014
Barack Ovomit wrote:
<quoted text>Time to change your colostomy bag you old washed up elsinore turd. Is your mom still huffing the fumes from your turd bag?
WOW, no one would ever guess that you are Waxturd>> What a loser no life crybaby.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181958 Aug 7, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
DID THE BAD LADY UPSET YOU?... I'LL SCRATCH HER EYES OUT...
Thanks but no. Gynger and I have a long history. It's not always confrontational and, as a whole, she is one of the few who makes an effort (not always successful) to engage in discussion without the ugly personal attacks embraced by her cohorts.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1181959 Aug 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
good luck with that.....
YOU A L'IL CONFUSED, HONEY... PLUS, YOU OBVIOUSLY NEVER A BOY SCOUT.... THAT MEAN YOU A POLE DANCER?... WHAT PART OF POLE-LAND YOU FROM?...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1181960 Aug 7, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So McCain tapped her also...Good little running mate.
William Kristol maybe__not McCain__definitely not McCain.

Have you ever read what Cindy and Megan had to say about Sarah Palin?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1181961 Aug 7, 2014
Aphelion wrote:
<quoted text>
Not surprising that you cannot refute the information, but attempt to deride the source. HAHAHA
That's not fair.

A common tactic of the Teabaggers is to challenge all sources as MSM or worse.

Post something from HuffPost, and they go into a frenzy!! Politifact?? Nobraina has seizures!! MediaMatters?? Roxy gets the runs!!

Washington Times is clearly a right wing paper.

Good to question it's stories. Maybe Realtime will show where they drifted.
THE DEVIL

Buffalo, NY

#1181962 Aug 7, 2014
16, YOU ARE NOT A "PRUDE!" YOU WAS JUS' SAVIN' YOUSELF FO' THIS MOMENT... GYNGER'S NOT A PRUDE EITHER... THAT JUS' A CURTAIN SHE HIDE BEHIND...LOTTA CATLICKS DO...DEVIL WON' GO OVER TO CATLICK'S HOUSES FO' DINNER NO MO' JUS' CAUSE HE DON' LIKE FEEDIN' THE WOMEN UNDER THE TABLE...
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181964 Aug 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
dumbass Dave is a dumb shit....that is common knowledge....
She's obviously blind to the fact Dave The Shill can't post without calling whomever he's responding to ¨dumber than sh*t.¨

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181965 Aug 7, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
good luck with that.....
Well, never "used" outside of normal operation for maintenance.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1181967 Aug 7, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Progressives would rather bang Bill Maher...
Sarah Palin...
'Sarah Palin first made history on December 4, 2006, when she was sworn in as the first female and youngest governor of Alaska. In August 2008, Senator John McCain tapped Palin to serve as his vice-presidential running mate in his presidential campaign, making her the first woman to run on the Republican Party’s presidential ticket.'
http://www.sarahpac.com/sarahs-story
MONDAY, JUL 28, 2014 01:45 PM EDT
Sarah Palin’s new TV network shows just how far her star has fallen
Palin was one of the biggest TV personalities of the decade. What went wrong?

Credit where it’s due: Sarah Palin, who has just announced the launch of her subscription-based online video channel, is one of the most skilled, and resilient, TV stars of the past decade.

After her resignation as governor of Alaska in 2009, Palin pivoted seamlessly to television, where she served in an official capacity as a Fox News contributor and in an unofficial capacity as a shameless entertainer ready to take any gig; she showed up in the audience of “Dancing With the Stars” week after week as her daughter competed, and guest-hosted “Today.” She had her own reality show on TLC, too. But no matter how often and widely she touted her on-air persona, her particular brand of charisma proved a little too spiky to really work in established TV contexts.

Her difficulties with Fox News have been widely reported. But across the dial, Palin never quite fit in. Brought in to boost “Today’s” ratings for a day, Palin couldn’t resist bringing up how she thought “Game Change” was based on lies about her — a little too bilious a subject for a morning show. Working on reality TV, Palin basically ignored the vintage-sitcom family-reality-show template (one that’s run from “The Osbournes” to “Duck Dynasty”). Everyone involved was so focused on projecting a postcard image of brave, hardy Alaskan pioneers that they forgot that actual events need to happen in order for television to be interesting. And Palin basically haunted “Dancing With the Stars,” not only appearing in the audience but also making cameos in the lyrics, as several of the dance numbers young Bristol performed referring to a conservative mother (“You Can’t Hurry Love,”“Mama Told Me [Not to Come]“). Palin’s daughter was an amiable blank, reflecting the light and heat generated by her mother rather than generating any of her own. This wasn’t the way the show was meant to work — the contestants, generally, are supposed to be charismatic on their own.

----------

Palin is so 2008.

Where you Regressives are stuck..........in the past.

Forward!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 21 min Patriot AKA Bozo 64,004
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 37 min SweLL GirL 11,443
The Party of Racism. 51 min Testube 64
The truth and nuttin but. 53 min TimBuck2 25
Why can 2 Black Reps. get media protection & Wh... 1 hr WHY 1
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 2 hr John Trott 48
Bears Suc 3 hr Dan Wilzeysleezly 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages