Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1655655 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1181847 Aug 7, 2014
The Spin from the Left on Obamacare sounds like a Snake Oil salesmen selling Poison as Medicine the Facts are Americans are losing their Health Care coverage and Doctors!! After Obamacare is implemented 30 million Americans will still be Uninsured!!
Patrick

United States

#1181849 Aug 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Just to add one more metaphor to the "no one's listening to the man wearing the conductor's hat sitting in the back of the train baffled at why it's not moving" post...
Obama let his friends derail the train during his first two years on the job and now blames the other passengers for not laying down new tracks headed for the cliff.
A zebra can't change its stripes. If he wasn't interactive as a Senator with members of his own party, he can't be the conductor of the train.
It's a rule somewhere. The conductor can't sit in the back of the train like a disengaged passenger and expect others to get on board.
Now later. Really have to leave this time.
As long as big government programs cover Carol and Family... than we have enough government.!

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1181850 Aug 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you remember when USA was a birther?
I met her while posting on the Defeating Hate Talk Radio thread....Although she was a liberal, she seemed to be reasonable, intelligent and easy to converse with.....that was until she was literally "possessed" by The Devil.....

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1181851 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Mahalo! Your thoughts are much appreciated.
I would like to back that up. Stay safe, Yeah.

Location hidden

#1181853 Aug 7, 2014
Side Bar wrote:
<quoted text> I hear you met my EX
you heard wrong

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#1181854 Aug 7, 2014
TSM wrote:
The Spin from the Left on Obamacare sounds like a Snake Oil salesmen selling Poison as Medicine the Facts are Americans are losing their Health Care coverage and Doctors!! After Obamacare is implemented 30 million Americans will still be Uninsured!!

You're right, one of my family members lost his insurance. Then he went on the Obamacare web site and got new insurance with a lower deductible, better coverage and a $250/month saving. Another family member with diabetes no longer has to worry about being denied coverage. Millions of Americans are now insured and the 30 million that aren't are still uninsured because of Republican interference and obstruction. You need to do some research before making dumbass comments like this.

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1181855 Aug 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> I am saying that when you whiners blame Democrats for not passing immigration reform that they should also ask why Republicans did not do it when they ran Congress.
I like Mexicans. I like Mexican food. i like Mexican Art. I'd like to visit Mexico again. Those of Mexican decent that I have worked with in the past were all honest hardworking people.
Those that hate because of race are most likely Republicans & very likely Tea Party members.
Very likely you're misinformed. I don't know how that can be.

Location hidden

#1181856 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Ah! Life would be boring otherwise!!! And there's no place else to vent our political frustrations!!!
Life would definitely have been boring Yeah.....

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1181857 Aug 7, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you say: "As a Senator, Obama worked with member of both parties."?
http://www.opencongress.org/people/voting_his...
You are full-o-beans liar.
Obama reached across the aisle numerous times to cosponsor bills.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1181858 Aug 7, 2014
The people that have a seat at Obama’s table are either Islamic Terrorist or Dictators!!

The reason Obama feels comfortable hanging with Despots/Dictators is Obama’s known associates… the likes of Bill Ayers “a known domestic terrorist” or Obama Mentor Franklin Marshall Davis “ a Well-known Communist” or Rev, Wright his Pastor who preaches “ Black Liberation Theology” the common thread among Obama’s friends are they hate America!!
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181859 Aug 7, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
I met her while posting on the Defeating Hate Talk Radio thread....Although she was a liberal, she seemed to be reasonable, intelligent and easy to converse with.....that was until she was literally "possessed" by The Devil.....
I remember posting on that thread and you're correct, she was much more reasonable...I was also on a ¨Michelle Obama¨ thread and think you may have been, too. Could have been another ¨Ginger¨ though.

Anyhoo...USA was definitely riding the birther train early on this thread. Quite the 180.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1181861 Aug 7, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, one of my family members lost his insurance. Then he went on the Obamacare web site and got new insurance with a lower deductible, better coverage and a $250/month saving. Another family member with diabetes no longer has to worry about being denied coverage. Millions of Americans are now insured and the 30 million that aren't are still uninsured because of Republican interference and obstruction. You need to do some research before making dumbass comments like this.
I’m getting dizzy from the SPIN!!
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181862 Aug 7, 2014
Emeem wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Ghost, you forgot to mention the millions who have seen their premiums increase...why's that?
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181863 Aug 7, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as big government programs cover Carol and Family... than we have enough government.!
What portion of your entitlements -- your food stamps, housing allowance, Obama Phone -- will you be willing to part with to help the several million new democrats after Obama waves his magic wand and grants amnesty? 10%? 15% 50%?

LOL

United States

#1181864 Aug 7, 2014
5 Ways Liberalism Destroyed Detroit
John Hawkins | Jul 30, 2013

http://townhall.com/columnists/johnhawkins/20 ...
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181865 Aug 7, 2014
What...no liberal outrage at the Obama's throwing a party for murderous, despotic, homophobic African dictators?

Crickets...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1181866 Aug 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
A new Reuters/Ipsos poll shows a strong majority of Americans say "undocumented immigrants threaten their way of life and even the economy,"
Seventy percent said they believe these illegal immigrants threaten U.S. customs and beliefs. Eighty-six percent of Republicans hold that belief.
Nearly two-thirds said illegal immigrants are a burden on the nation’s economy, the poll found.
make illegal immigrants revenue neutral by reducing welfare benefits for existing recipients.....
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181868 Aug 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
When was this?
Patrick

United States

#1181869 Aug 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Wax was in England when Obama did this
Patrick

United States

#1181870 Aug 7, 2014
Ray Donovan wrote:
<quoted text>
What por......0%?
How is England this time of year?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 4 min texas pete 2,668
99% of abusers are democrat. 2 hr Malignant-the news 4
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 2 hr Media is Malignant 2
Shouldn't this skank apologize B4 next session? 3 hr SQUAWSKANK LIAR 9
Luke dies in The Last Jedi! 3 hr Snoke kills Dumbl... 1
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 hr Justice Dale 243,089
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 10 hr Jaystone5 482

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages