Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1620106 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1181797 Aug 7, 2014
Can't stay long today either. Will catch up later on this evening. Maybe someone will have seen the light today in my absence.

Some food for thought in the meantime.

Senator Obama's colleagues on both sides of the aisle said he was not interactive with either Democrats or Republicans when he was a junior Senator in Congress himself.

He hasn't been interactive with either Democrats or Republicans while isolating himself in the White House either.

But he wants everybody to get on board. On board what? The Obama Train?

It's his job to hand out tickets and get people on board. No one wants to get on a train that hasn't moved in six years. But he acts like the train conductor at a county fair trying to coax people on a broken down train that doesn't look safe anymore while he's sitting in the caboose.

He never understood his job description from the start - to keep the train moving. Now it's too late and no one's listening to the man sitting in the caboose at the back of the train baffled at why it's not moving.

(Haven't used one of my clever metaphors in a while...)

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1181798 Aug 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats did not have a super majority when the stimulus bill passed.
Enough Republicans supported it to over ride any filibuster made.
Why didn't Republicans tackle immigration in those nearly 12 consecutive years of majorities in both houses, 8 with Bush Jr.
Crickets from the reich.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1181799 Aug 7, 2014
Side Bar wrote:
<quoted text> So your saying/said you hate Mexicans Real(D)ave .
I am saying that when you whiners blame Democrats for not passing immigration reform that they should also ask why Republicans did not do it when they ran Congress.

I like Mexicans. I like Mexican food. i like Mexican Art. I'd like to visit Mexico again. Those of Mexican decent that I have worked with in the past were all honest hardworking people.

Those that hate because of race are most likely Republicans & very likely Tea Party members.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

#1181800 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Mahalo! Your thoughts are much appreciated.
Of course! You are part of the "Topix" Ohana....even if you are a liberal :)

Location hidden

#1181801 Aug 7, 2014
Side Bar wrote:
<quoted text> Did Guam tip over yet?
Are you standing on it?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181802 Aug 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, had to work yesterday afternoon. Then had to catch up on my TV shows and a lot happening with daughter taking first step into the real world and finding her own place after becoming a recent college graduate.
Obamacare - if you read that MSN article - is all over the place. Obamacare is creating two Americas. While the uninsured rate is dropping 4 percentage points in some states that embraced it, 4 percentage points doesn't seem like a whopping success to me. In other states who rejected it, the uninsured rate is dropping to about the same level.
The uninsured rate hasn't changed that much in other both red and blue states.
There's no rhyme no reason to it and why no one in this administration or Democrats up for reelection are talking about it.
You are deflecting. Your article stated that "States that fully embraced the law's coverage expansion are experiencing a significant drop in the number of uninsured residents, according to a major new survey released Tuesday. States whose leaders still object to "Obamacare" are seeing much less change..." and your take was that Obamacare "backfired". No sense in trying to save face on this one. Just wipe the egg off and accept your defeat.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1181803 Aug 7, 2014
Obamacare is creating two Americas according to an MSN article. While the uninsured rate is dropping in some blue states who embraced it because of the expansion of Medicare -(and that part is the important part), it's dropped in some red states as well who rejected it. It hasn't changed much in other blue and red states.

How can this be considered a successful health care reform for all of America?

Later.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1181804 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too ignorant to understand we are doing the same thing. And Russia has an excuse...Sarah Palin can see Russia from her kitchen window!
"A United States aircraft – a Boeing RC-135 – was performing reconnaissance of Russian forces when the Russians noticed, began tracking the craft using ground radar and dispatched a fighter jet to intercept it. Complicating the issue is the fact that the US plane took evasive action which included flying into Swedish airspace without getting permission to do so."
Once the crew on board the spy plane realized they were being tracked, they tried their best to get out of the area as soon as possible.
The closest escape from the Russians was in Swedish airspace where they entered without gaining clearance with the country first.
CNN reports that the United States is speaking with Sweden about the fact that they may need to enter Swedish territory in the event the U.S. needs to avoid the Russian military in the future.
The breach of territory was first reported by the Swedish Media outlet DN.se. But Russian officials have not yet replied with their reaction.
‘We acknowledge a U.S. aircraft veered into Swedish airspace and will take active steps to ensure we have properly communicated with Swedish authorities in advance to prevent similar issues before they arise,’ said the U.S. State Department.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/03/us-spy-...
I would have thought a preplanned procedure would already be in place.

It sure doesn't look like it...

Location hidden

#1181805 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Crickets from the reich.
This is a good point. Why didn't any previous President tackle immigration? A lot of conservatives disliked President Bush for his pro-immigration stance. I believe if something is done to secure the border, a "comprehensive" immigration bill can pass with bi-partisan support. So you tell me, why is securing the border such a sticking point with progressives?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1181806 Aug 7, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course! You are part of the "Topix" Ohana....even if you are a liberal :)
lol! I recall a couple of stories from WWII where the US and Germans fought until a cease fire was called. The two sides would get together, swap goods, cigarettes and the like, then when the truce ended, they'd start shooting each other again...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181807 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Fortunately we won't catch the brunt of it. The Big Island will. I have family and friends there.
I'm hoping things don't get too bad.
I heard the storm fizzled with little more than electrical outages...but those can be a huge annoyance. Glad it didn't turn out to be what they predicted. Several years ago we bought a 20,000 Watt generator for our cabin in the mountains. We have never used it but I like knowing it is there.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181809 Aug 7, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The Democrats did not have a super majority when the stimulus bill passed.
Enough Republicans supported it to over ride any filibuster made.
Why didn't Republicans tackle immigration in those nearly 12 consecutive years of majorities in both houses, 8 with Bush Jr.
Remember this:
Secure Fence Act of 2006

http://georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov/ne...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181810 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! They can't help it. They can't make themselves look better so they have to tell their opponents what they're like. That's the only way they can make their case fit their claims...
If they can't accept the negative qualities in themselves. It's like the vain tigers in the children's classic thinking they are better than others. They will chase each other around a tree until they are reduced to a pool of melted butter. Pancakes anyone?

Location hidden

#1181811 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I recall a couple of stories from WWII where the US and Germans fought until a cease fire was called. The two sides would get together, swap goods, cigarettes and the like, then when the truce ended, they'd start shooting each other again...
We have seen plenty of "cease fires" here on Topix haven't we Yeah? They never lasted very long.....just long enough to rest and reload :)
Ray Donovan

United States

#1181812 Aug 7, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! They can't help it. They can't make themselves look better so they have to tell their opponents what they're like. That's the only way they can make their case fit their claims...
Earthquake!

2 count 'em, TWO hurricanes comin'!

Blame Bush! Blame the man made climate!

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1181813 Aug 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Can't stay long today either. Will catch up later on this evening. Maybe someone will have seen the light today in my absence.
Some food for thought in the meantime.
Senator Obama's colleagues on both sides of the aisle said he was not interactive with either Democrats or Republicans when he was a junior Senator in Congress himself.
He hasn't been interactive with either Democrats or Republicans while isolating himself in the White House either.
But he wants everybody to get on board. On board what? The Obama Train?
It's his job to hand out tickets and get people on board. No one wants to get on a train that hasn't moved in six years. But he acts like the train conductor at a county fair trying to coax people on a broken down train that doesn't look safe anymore while he's sitting in the caboose.
He never understood his job description from the start - to keep the train moving. Now it's too late and no one's listening to the man sitting in the caboose at the back of the train baffled at why it's not moving.
(Haven't used one of my clever metaphors in a while...)
Instead of putting the black man in the back of the us, Carol puts him in the back of the train. We know exactly what you are doing here.

As a Senator, Obama worked with member of both parties.

Funny how you whiners have a fit when Obama uses EOs but then blame him when nothng gets done because of Congressional inaction.

Location hidden

#1181814 Aug 7, 2014
Side Bar wrote:
<quoted text> In the middle can't blame me.
Lol

Keep straddling "Side Bar" :)

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1181816 Aug 7, 2014
Gynger wrote:
<quoted text>
Interesting....so you believe I am lurking about? Hardly, I like to take credit for my posts, not hide in the shadows. Who do you think I am posting as, if I am not posting as Gynger?
Narcissistic much? That's nothing new....Don't you believe everyone is obsessed with you?
Have you already forgotten? You admitted to registering under more than one screen name and actually accused me of stupidity for not recognizing it was you. Remember? You seem to be suffering from CRS.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181817 Aug 7, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They are too ignorant to understand we are doing the same thing. And Russia has an excuse...Sarah Palin can see Russia from her kitchen window!
"A United States aircraft – a Boeing RC-135 – was performing reconnaissance of Russian forces when the Russians noticed, began tracking the craft using ground radar and dispatched a fighter jet to intercept it. Complicating the issue is the fact that the US plane took evasive action which included flying into Swedish airspace without getting permission to do so."
Once the crew on board the spy plane realized they were being tracked, they tried their best to get out of the area as soon as possible.
The closest escape from the Russians was in Swedish airspace where they entered without gaining clearance with the country first.
CNN reports that the United States is speaking with Sweden about the fact that they may need to enter Swedish territory in the event the U.S. needs to avoid the Russian military in the future.
The breach of territory was first reported by the Swedish Media outlet DN.se. But Russian officials have not yet replied with their reaction.
‘We acknowledge a U.S. aircraft veered into Swedish airspace and will take active steps to ensure we have properly communicated with Swedish authorities in advance to prevent similar issues before they arise,’ said the U.S. State Department.
http://hotair.com/archives/2014/08/03/us-spy-...
can you even identify which end of an plane you are supposed to sit in?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1181818 Aug 7, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Obamacare is creating two Americas according to an MSN article. While the uninsured rate is dropping in some blue states who embraced it because of the expansion of Medicare -(and that part is the important part), it's dropped in some red states as well who rejected it. It hasn't changed much in other blue and red states.
How can this be considered a successful health care reform for all of America?
Later.
According to a MSN article?

LMAO

You couldn't find anything by Bart Sibrel or Art Thompson?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Topix keeps DELETING this info. 2 min STAR disaster 6
The Party of Racism. 6 min progressive disaster 63
Benghazi, the REAL story. 19 min Genl Creep 13
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 57 min Maverick 808 242,785
Jon Trott of JPUSA protects child molestors 1 hr John Trott 10
Film on Sex Crimes at Jesus People USA 1 hr John Trott 13
Child Molestation at Chicago Cult 1 hr John Trott 47

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages