Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1417470 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180899 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
If the progressive liberals spent as much money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion in an effort to make casual and unprotected sex more taboo as they do funding Planned Parenthood and ads to push a war on women using birth control, ironically enough, as the frontline of choice, there'd be a helluva lot less aborted babies.
It's an absolute certainty.
But they don't. Wonder why that is?
So why aren't conservatives spendinig their money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion??

And if you say they are, why isn't it working??

Last I checked, it was Red states that had the highest rates of teen and unmarried pregnancies.

Conservative girls can't keep their legs closed.

Bristol Palin, anyone?? All the no sex preaching in the world kept that little Christian child from getting knocked up, did it??

Raging hormones, remember, Carol??

Lily asked you a question. Answer it.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1180900 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're the topix Christian representative? Make up your mind.
Either Jesus would condone sucking human life into a vacuum and condoning same sex matrimony or he wouldn't. It's either scriptural or it isn't.
There is absolutely no difference between liberals and conservatives when it comes to helping those less fortunate. The only difference is most liberals want to open somebody else's wallet and give to Caesar (a secularist government) in order to feel good about themselves. Conservatives open their own wallets and experience the reward of giving from the heart.
Which do you think Jesus would approve?
However, if liberals would lead by example, spouting scriptures might have some weight to it whenever they want to use Christianity for political maneuvering. But there's a big log in their eye that's too distracting when they're fussing about a splinter in someone else's.
yet when you take out tithing to one's private club, liberals actually give more than conservatives to what is actually charity.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180901 Aug 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank, the veteran hating POS tells part of the story.
"David Lloyd, a Marine in a nearby mortar bunker, rushed to the scene, took off his web belt and tied it around one of Cleland's legs to control bleeding.[4] When the medics arrived, Lloyd left to help another injured soldier – one of the two who had gotten off the helicopter with Cleland.
Lloyd says that the unnamed soldier was crying.'It was mine,' he said,'it was my grenade.' According to Lloyd, the private had failed to take the extra precaution that experienced soldiers did when they grabbed M-26 grenades from the ammo box: bend the pins, or tape them in place, so they couldn't accidentally dislodge. This soldier had a flak jacket full of grenades with treacherously straight pins, Lloyd says. "He was a walking death trap."[5]"
My God you right whiners will lie about anything.
Max Cleland was a veteran who served his country & lost 3 limbs only to come bask to his country to be trashed by the rabid right. Karl Rove, & Republicans told liees about Max so a Republican could win his seat.
These are quotation marks,they are not my opinion,I was not getting off that helicopter. I never met met Senator Cleland and have no reason to say anything bad about him. "When the helicopter landed, Cleland jumped out, followed by the two soldiers. They ducked beneath the rotors and turned to watch the liftoff. Cleland reached down to pick up a grenade he believed had popped off his flak jacket. It exploded and the blast slammed him backward, shredding both his legs and one arm." Here is a different quote "On April 8, 1968, as Cleland was returning to his barracks, a grenade was accidentally dropped. Cleland reacted quickly by falling upon it, no doubt saving the lives of several soldiers. He lost both his legs and his right hand in the explosion. He was awarded the Silver Star and the Soldier's Medal, and he underwent many months of rehabilitation in army hospitals."

Location hidden

#1180902 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So now you're the topix Christian representative? Make up your mind.
Either Jesus would condone sucking human life into a vacuum and condoning same sex matrimony or he wouldn't. It's either scriptural or it isn't.
There is absolutely no difference between liberals and conservatives when it comes to helping those less fortunate. The only difference is most liberals want to open somebody else's wallet and give to Caesar (a secularist government) in order to feel good about themselves. Conservatives open their own wallets and experience the reward of giving from the heart.
Which do you think Jesus would approve?
However, if liberals would lead by example, spouting scriptures might have some weight to it whenever they want to use Christianity for political maneuvering. But there's a big log in their eye that's too distracting when they're fussing about a splinter in someone else's.
I think Jesus is ashamed of you.

Of course, I don't believe in the Jesus fairy tale at all.

Location hidden

#1180903 Aug 5, 2014
Gojira wrote:
More than 1,500 Pakistani civilians have been reported killed since the government's offensive began in mid June.
Where's the outrage?
Where's the media?
Where are Opie and Lurch?
What's that...Israel and Jews aren't involved? Oh, got it.
#stophatinjews
If there were Jews in Pakistsan getting killed, America would be forced to invade Pakistan.

By our Israeli overlords.
Maddy

United States

#1180904 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
No I am not; nor am I privy to the situations of these women and their reasons for seeking an abortion. That is their personal business.
the other side to your scenario is this: what of the female who gets pregnant and the man does not want to be a father?
The ultimate solution is for people to be responsible and prevent pregnancy until they are ready to make a family with that person. However; you cannot legislate human behavior and people are human and make mistakes. Before people have sex with someone without protection they should think about the consequences of a pregnancy; but there are a lot of dumb people around; or there was a failure of the method, or they were a teenager etc.
Why should women wear bras? If they don't want to, they don't have to. Period.
Are you advocating for the government to fine women who choose not to?
You are the typical republican who favors a police state.
Again you walk around the root issue which is a father's rights constitutionally he is totally ignored. A responsible man who has no criminal history or other significant reasons he shouldn't be in custody of child should retain his constitutional 'rights' but as it stands today he has no rights and the law protects ALL women. That isn't remotely fair or just.

I could care less whether you have baggy, perky boobs or flat chested for that matter heck why don't you protest wearing shirts or blouses in public since it's socially acceptable for men to do so...

Should be good for a laugh or two.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1180905 Aug 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is the case, then why is requiring admitting privileges at local hospitals a burden???...
Because of the violent threats to doctors in Alabama and elsewhere. Many of the doctors who perform abortions are travelers from other states to maintain their anonyimity

Location hidden

#1180906 Aug 5, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is the case, then why is requiring admitting privileges at local hospitals a burden???...
As the courts indicated, it is neither necessary nor Constitutional.

Y'know, that same document you nitwits think only contains the Second Amendment??
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180907 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you hate decorated veterans??
Why do you mock reciepients of the Silver Star??
Why are you a serial liar, a sad and envious one??
Here is a completely different quote from the same incident "On April 8, 1968, as Cleland was returning to his barracks, a grenade was accidentally dropped. Cleland reacted quickly by falling upon it, no doubt saving the lives of several soldiers. He lost both his legs and his right hand in the explosion. He was awarded the Silver Star and the Soldier's Medal, and he underwent many months of rehabilitation in army hospitals."
Maddy

United States

#1180908 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't conservatives spendinig their money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion??
Last I checked, it was Red states that had the highest rates of teen and unmarried pregnancies.
Bristol Palin, anyone?? All the no sex preaching in the world kept that little Christian child from getting knocked up, did it??
You libs need to leave Bristol Palin alone you people even claimed her brother wasn't her brother. Bristol at least gave her child a fighting chance at life and from what I know about the baby it's doing very well and so is Bristol despite your personally wishes she has more hardship and failures in her life.

What is wrong with you people?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1180909 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I've read of at least 3 young girls who had their babies at home and the babies died; the parents claimed they didn't know their daughters were pregnant! Not every girl has a family that they can go to when they're in trouble.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180910 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>have you red his recent book, "Zealot"? a great historical look at jesus's life and times.
good reading for all the cult freaks to actually learn about their cult.
We know about the communist cult of Democrats. You don't even have to study history for that as we see it going on today.

Most conservatives including me couldn't care less about abortion and what the far left whines about.

The far left is far worse than religious people. They are the cult members ticker.

Intolerance. Hate. Democrats.

Location hidden

#1180911 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we know w to greatly reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, but it is the supposed anti-abortion crowd that usually opposes these methods.
do you want to stop abortions or do you just want to make it illegal and take it back to how it was before? lots of unsafe abortions an no regulations at all.....
or we can educate our kids and stop most unwanted pregnancies
Can someone tell me why they are against both abortion and birth control??

I would think if they're against abortion, there'd be a pro-life person on every corner in America, passing out free birth control pills or devices!!

You won't cut abortions by letting Hobby Lobby dictate who can get birth control. Or even ask for it.

It appears they want women to suffer unwanted children. That's real good for society.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180912 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As the courts indicated, it is neither necessary nor Constitutional.
Y'know, that same document you nitwits think only contains the Second Amendment??
Communists like you have no respect for laws.

You are the nitwit, weirdo.

Location hidden

#1180913 Aug 5, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a completely different quote from the same incident "On April 8, 1968, as Cleland was returning to his barracks, a grenade was accidentally dropped. Cleland reacted quickly by falling upon it, no doubt saving the lives of several soldiers. He lost both his legs and his right hand in the explosion. He was awarded the Silver Star and the Soldier's Medal, and he underwent many months of rehabilitation in army hospitals."
We have to go by the official record, don't we??

As a soldier, don't you agree??

You know what getting involved in speculation leads to, right Frank??

Are you that willing to demonize those you disagree with??

For God's sake, he lost both legs and an arm!!

Give it a rest.

Location hidden

#1180914 Aug 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Communists like you have no respect for laws.
You are the nitwit, weirdo.
Yes, and I stuff Waxman and his socks in the sewers from whence they came.
zzz

United States

#1180915 Aug 5, 2014
Hummm, and ABC has picked up this issue. That must mean they think there maybe some real news hear.

Chris McDaniel Opens Legal Challenge in Mississippi GOP Primary Race
Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel officially announced the beginning of a legal effort to challenge the results of his primary fight against six-term incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran.

The campaign formally filed a challenge with the Mississippi Republican Party’s executive committee, the official first step to mounting a legal challenge.

On June 24, Cochran beat McDaniel by over 7,600 votes and those results were certified unanimously by the party’s executive committee. McDaniel never conceded, instead he almost immediately began accusing his opponent of “stealing” the election because Cochran was able to woo Democrats, specifically African American voters in the Magnolia State, to support him in the run-off. This is legal, but not if the Democrats also voted in their primary three weeks earlier.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/08/ ...

==========

OMG now ABC is just now reporting this? If you go to http://www.breitbart.com you can read the legal brief filed in the lawsuit.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180916 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the violent threats to doctors in Alabama and elsewhere. Many of the doctors who perform abortions are travelers from other states to maintain their anonyimity
Stuck in previous decades commie?

Your "social issue" crap is simply a way for you communists to divide people.

You commies gin that up and nobody cares.

it's like your race card and jew hating, Nazi Bitch.

Location hidden

#1180917 Aug 5, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You libs need to leave Bristol Palin alone you people even claimed her brother wasn't her brother. Bristol at least gave her child a fighting chance at life and from what I know about the baby it's doing very well and so is Bristol despite your personally wishes she has more hardship and failures in her life.
What is wrong with you people?
Her brother isn't her brother. He's her son.

And Sarah won't allow DNA testing.

What does that tell you??
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180918 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone tell me why they are against both abortion and birth control??
I would think if they're against abortion, there'd be a pro-life person on every corner in America, passing out free birth control pills or devices!!
You won't cut abortions by letting Hobby Lobby dictate who can get birth control. Or even ask for it.
It appears they want women to suffer unwanted children. That's real good for society.
Look dumbass. Woodtick has made a fool out of you 100% of the time.

You keep coming back like a dog getting sprayed in the face by a skunk moron.

God are you communists idiots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 4 min Patriot 61,007
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 16 min Hill4me 222,322
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 45 min TRD 70,938
last post wins! (Dec '10) 53 min Concerned_American 2,407
abby8-24-16 1 hr liner 4
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 103,426
News a I want them in jail:a 8-year-old wounded in s... 2 hr grounded in reality 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages