Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1497487 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1181189 Aug 6, 2014
POLL: Obama Approval Hits All-Time Low...Obama careless about Poll Numbers his focus is on the next Two Years to complete his Agenda/Mission…PERIOD!!

These Low Approval Numbers only affects Democrats and the Democratic Party which is little concern to Obama!!
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1181190 Aug 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Wine and whine kinda go together in your miserable life huh Dumbo.
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, "I don't get no respect!"

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1181191 Aug 6, 2014
Italy slides back into recession with surprise GDP fall

Italy fell back into recession for the third time in five years, data showed Wednesday, with gross domestic product dropping 0.2% in the second quarter of 2014 from the previous three months.

National statistics institute Istat said Wednesday that the decline in Italy’s GDP during the second quarter stemmed from a contraction in all three main sectors of the economy — agriculture, manufacturing and services.
http://www.marketwatch.com/story/italy-slides...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1181192 Aug 6, 2014
An excellent example of an anti-Semitic, racist bigot who is a radical leftwing lying lowlife dirtbagger:

USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
An excellent example of the radical change in temperature caused by global warming.
How's it going Stretchpants?

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1181193 Aug 6, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet you like to brag about your writing so...
let me guess, a picasso imitator wannabe?
It's foolish to think that tearing someone else down builds you up but it does say something about your insecurities.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1181194 Aug 6, 2014
Iraqi Yazidis stranded on isolated mountaintop begin to die of thirst

Stranded on a barren mountaintop, thousands of minority Iraqis are faced with a bleak choice: descend and risk slaughter at the hands of the encircled Sunni extremists or sit tight and risk dying of thirst.

Humanitarian agencies said Tuesday that between 10,000 and 40,000 civilians remain trapped on Mount Sinjar since being driven out of surrounding villages and the town of Sinjar two days earlier. But the mountain that had looked like a refuge is becoming a graveyard for their children.

Unable to dig deep into the rocky mountainside, displaced families said they have buried young and elderly victims of the harsh conditions in shallow graves, their bodies covered with stones. Iraqi government planes attempted to airdrop bottled water to the mountain on Monday night but reached few of those marooned.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/world/iraqi-yaz...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1181195 Aug 6, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
It wasn't anything about being against poor white people doofus; it was all about Palin being without a doubt the most ignorant individual to run for national office. This is the person who thought that the 1st Amendment shielded her from media criticism, thought the Vice President ran the Senate and couldn't describe what the Bush Doctrine was if her life depended on it.
She was put on the ticket as a sop to the extreme right and was one of the reasons McCain lost.
Who's actually at war with poor white people or poor people of any race for that matter? Raising the minimum wage would pull thousands out of poverty but that's been blocked by the GOP. Extending Medicaid would help many low income individuals get health coverage but it's been blocked in states with Republican governors and legislatures.
You're an idiot!
Do you think that Biden is 'smarter than a 5th grader'? How dumb can a vice president be? "When the stock market crashed, Franklin D. Roosevelt got on the television and didn't just talk about the, you know, the princes of greed. He said,'Look, here's what happened." –Joe Biden, apparently unaware that FDR wasn't president when the stock market crashed in 1929 and that only experimental TV sets were in use at that time, interview with Katie Couric, Sept. 22, 2008. "Look, John's last-minute economic plan does nothing to tackle the number-one job facing the middle class, and it happens to be, as Barack says, a three-letter word: jobs. J-O-B-S, jobs." --Joe Biden, Athens, Ohio, Oct. 15, 2008. "Stand up, Chuck, let 'em see ya." –-Joe Biden, to Missouri state Sen. Chuck Graham, who is in a wheelchair, Columbia, Missouri, Sept. 12, 2008. "His mom lived in Long Island for ten years or so. God rest her soul. And- although, she's- wait- your mom's still- your mom's still alive. Your dad passed. God bless her soul." --Joe Biden, on the mother of Irish Prime Minister Brian Cowen, who is very much alive, Washington, D.C., March 17, 2010. "You cannot go to a 7-11 or a Dunkin' Donuts unless you have a slight Indian accent.... I'm not joking." --Joe Biden, in a private remark to an Indian-American man caught on C-SPAN, June, 2006. "A man I'm proud to call my friend. A man who will be the next President of the United States — Barack America!" --Joe Biden, at his first campaign rally with Barack Obama after being announced as his running mate, Springfield, Ill., Aug. 23, 2008. Several reasons McCain lost,none of them are Palin,most of them have to do with the fact that he supported the same liberal ideas held by Obama. How dumb can a president be? "The reforms we seek would bring greater competition, choice, savings and inefficiencies to our health care system." "What I was suggesting -- you're absolutely right that John McCain has not talked about my Muslim faith..." "UPS and FedEx are doing just fine, right? It's the Post Office that's always having problems." –attempting to make the case for government-run healthcare, while simultaneously undercutting his own argument, Portsmouth, N.H., Aug. 11, 2009. "The Cambridge police acted stupidly." "I've now been in 57 states — I think one left to go." The Democrat party exploits poor people. To help poor people they need to encourage job development not raising taxes. Raising the minimum wage will do nothing but cause inflation. People need jobs,not higher taxes or higher costs of living.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1181196 Aug 6, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I feel like Rodney Dangerfield, "I don't get no respect!"

But Rodney is far more successful and has a much better sense of humor. Actually you seem to be personality deprived. Miserable is a way of life for you.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1181197 Aug 6, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Here's another Obamacare "disaster's a-comin'" alert....
The Gallup-Healthways Well-Being Index found an overall drop of 4 percentage points in the share of uninsured residents for states accepting the law's core coverage provisions. Those are states that expanded their Medicaid programs and also built or took an active role managing new online insurance markets.
States whose leaders still object to "Obamacare" are seeing much less change.
http://news.msn.com/us/poll-obama-health-law-...
Who woulda thought it would backfire the most in the states that played along?
Now what, Patrick? Remember that millions who are now insured by their employer will be receiving cancellations around October.
Hope most of them live in the states who rejected Obamacare. Apparently, they're going to be better off than the states who welcomed it with open arms.
Talk about your basic twist of fate...
Backfire? How is "a significant drop in the number of uninsured residents in states that fully embraced the law's coverage expansion" a backfire?

"Those states that implement the law's major mechanisms are seeing a significantly greater decline in their uninsured rates," said Dan Witters, research director for the poll.

http://news.msn.com/us/poll-obama-health-law-...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1181199 Aug 6, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
An excellent example of the radical change in temperature caused by global warming.
It is an example of seasonal weather,yesterday was August 5. Check the temperature on January 5 or February 5. Man has no control over the seasons,the rotation of the Earth, the Sun or the Moon.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1181200 Aug 6, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
But Rodney is far more successful and has a much better sense of humor. Actually you seem to be personality deprived. Miserable is a way of life for you.
Rodney Dangerfield has been dead since 2004.,
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1181201 Aug 6, 2014
After Year One Of Obamacare, Kansas' Uninsured Rate Is Up Five Percent…WOW!!

The dirty little secret Obamacare was never about Health Care or the Uninsured it was Simply about Power/Control!!
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1181202 Aug 6, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Rodney Dangerfield has been dead since 2004.,
I've been brain dead since 1974.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181203 Aug 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Who is this Steven Goddard you speak of?
who was mark twain?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181204 Aug 6, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Really, who is this Steven Goddard?
Is he a real person?
Mark Twain
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181205 Aug 6, 2014
Who is this J.K Rowling?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181206 Aug 6, 2014
Patrick

United States

#1181207 Aug 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
ISIS is Al Qaeda, moron.
And why are you part of the Islamist jihad today?
Moronic
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1181208 Aug 6, 2014
Patrick

United States

#1181209 Aug 6, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
I've stated that many times. It's your turn to answer the question. You condemn Bush, so....
So, where would you fight the Islamist jihad?
Bush left Iraq and signed off of all troops in the agreement He signed

I supported the Afghanistan war by President Bush and thought the war in Iraq, by G H W Bush ,was done well.
The overthrow of Saddam by GW Bush was done well but Not the occupation.
I supported some of the foreign policy of President Bush and always supported the USA.
You might try doing the same in 2014?
If you were a Vietnam vet... then Thanks go to you!
Peace

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 44 min Dr Guru 237,349
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 46 min Susanm 10,341
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 1 hr USA-1 63,272
The Mexicans stay home 3 hr blue devil 25
News Sleep In to Benefit 13 Youth Homeless Agencies ... 3 hr Trump is the man 1
Study Aides 3 hr Chicago815 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 5 hr Go Blue Forever 104,990

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages