Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Nov 5, 2008, Hampton Roads Daily Press story titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1179507 Aug 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You idiot Ghost. I told you a dozen times, the guy from East Hartford is not me you old homo.
Your reputation precedes your lying ass. But In your obvious search for a man...Good luck...but I would only break your heart. I'm gonna stick with my women, but thanks for the offer.
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1179508 Aug 3, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, now we know for certain that ¨Emeem¨ is the registered version of Grey Ghost.
Another of your lies exposed.
You liberals have been blaming everything on Bush for 14 years...but apparently that's OK.
WAXMAN meltdown!!!!!!!!!! Bahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1179509 Aug 3, 2014
WAKE UP DEM wrote:
JESUS(GOD) PROMISE THIS LAND TO ISRAEL !!!!
And there we have it folks...the very reason the region is on fire...insanity.
Nostrilis Waxman

Anonymous Proxy

#1179511 Aug 3, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you call an idiot that obsesses over other men every hour of every day. Has imaginary friends, A Castle in England, lives in self inflicted misery, consumed by hatred and bigotry and his only obvious life is posting every day of the week to a group of people that couldn't care less about him or his misery. Grow a pair you worthless Waxturd maggot. Use some of that professed money and buy you a woman [as that would be the only way] get laid, oops forgot [one nut] oh well at least be a man and suffer in silence. GFY but then again you do that daily.
Lord Dumbwaiter?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1179512 Aug 3, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Your dumbazz didn't realize that was a rhetorical question. The peace agreement was violated by Hamas causing the killed in action.
Very weak__many of your answers are weak__what's up with that?

The article that the other poster cited clearly said "killed in battle."

And you called her out.

Forrest Gump had your number!

Weak as pizz on a plate.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1179514 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Israel’s U.N. ambassador, Ron Prosor, has called for the spokesman of the United Nations Relief and Works Agency, Chris Gunness, to be suspended because he began to weep after an interview on national TV.
"Among other complaints, he accused Gunness of “an ongoing pattern of anti-Israel bias,” adding:“He has abused his position to promote incitement against Israel and present a one-sided view of reality…. "
What Prosor really doesn't like is how Gunness's emotions channeled "a collective sadness over the loss of life in the Gaza Strip."
Gunness’s tweeting:“Imagine being a disabled child @ an UNRWA facility hit by Israeli artillery,” he wrote yesterday.“Weep for the pitilessness of it all RT.” He added,“UNRWA stepping up counseling of deeply traumatized children in Gaza. My heart is broken for those fragile lives…. There r times when tears speak more eloquently than words. Mine pale [in] insignificance compared with Gaza’s RT.” And this plaintive dispatch collected 5,000 retweets:“UNRWA is overwhelmed in Gaza we have reached breaking point, our staff are being killed our shelters overflowing. Where will it end? RT”
And israel's response? Off with his head. They are trying to keep the lid on a boiling pot.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mi...
Wow, it's the unsung heroes who do this dreadful job of relief work that really see the results of war. Perhaps some of these leaders who make the decisions to demolish countries and thousands of peoples lives should spend some time on the ground see the spoils of their so call victories.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1179515 Aug 3, 2014
leosnana wrote:
<quoted text>Right, Oxblow, Africans are surging across the Rio Grand as we speak...god, but you're one of dumbest right-wingers on here.
lol

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1179516 Aug 3, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
SPIEGEL has learned from reliable sources that Israeli intelligence eavesdropped on US Secretary of State John Kerry during Middle East peace negotiations. In addition to the Israelis, at least one other intelligence service also listened in as Kerry mediated last year between Israel, the Palestinians and the Arab states, several intelligence service sources told SPIEGEL. Revelations of the eavesdropping could further damage already tense relations between the US government and Israel.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/isr...
This is hilarious!

The Magic Negro Boy spies on everybody's telephone and internet access across the globe and laughs it off and here the Israeli's are listening in on the Ketchup King as he helps Hamas.

Brilliant. Simply brilliant:-)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1179517 Aug 3, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Harry Reid has a record of opposition to racism.
Yes, but his stagements indicate a level of sensitivity that is not acceptable today. It was, and not that long ago.

I don't think the Mormons are big on diversity.

I believe it's referred to as 'damning him with faint praise'.

I'm sure tha he is thoughtful and not racist in the legislative process, but he still looks at blacks differently on a personal level.
WAKE UP DEM

Buies Creek, NC

#1179518 Aug 3, 2014
Barack Obama Mocks & Attacks Jesus and the Bible

IS THE LORD UNFAIR??????
DO THE JEWISH PEOPLE RULE AN UNFAIR AMOUNT OF LAND?
HOW MUCH LAND IS RULED BY JEWISH PEOPLE COMPARED WITH
ARABIC-RULED LANDS?LOOK AT ALL THE ARBIC STATES LAND JORDEN,KUWAIT,LEBANON,U.A.E.,O MAN,YEMEN,TUNISIA,EGYPT,SYRIA,
MOROCCO,IRAQ,LYBIA,SAUDI ARABIA,ALGERIA AND SUDAN.THE PALESTINIANS COULD SET UP THEIR STATE IN THESE ARABIC STATES
NOT ONLY THAT AN ARAB PALESTINIAN STATE EXISTS 77% OF PALESTINE IS RULED BY ARABIC PEOPLE,THE LAND IS CALLED JORDEN.ONLY 23% OF
PALESTINE IS RULED BY ISRAEL .THE PALESTININIAN PEOPLE NEED TO LEAVE ISRAEL OR STAY AND BE RULED 100% UNDER ISRAEL RULES.YET WITH 17 NATIONS AND 500 TIMES MORE LAND THAN ISRAEL WITH FABULOUS WEALTH FROM OIL,ARAB MOSLEMS DID NOT SETTLE THEIR BROTHERS.THIS IS THE CAUSE OF THE PALESTINIAN PROBLEM!!!! The Promised Land was again promised to the descendants of Isaac (Israelis), not to the descendants of Ishmael (Palestinians). Even though Abraham suggested that Ishmael might be the recipient of God’s covenant blessings and even though God promised to bless Ishmael and his progeny, God made it crystal clear to Abraham that His covenant to Abraham and his descendants would only be accomplished through his son Isaac.

And Abraham said to God, "Oh, that Ishmael might live before You!" Then God said: "No, Sarah your wife shall bear you a son, and you shall call his name Isaac; I will establish My covenant with him for an everlasting covenant, and with his descendants after him. And as for Ishmael, I have heard you. Behold, I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly. He shall beget twelve princes, and I will make him a great nation. But My covenant I will establish with Isaac, whom Sarah shall bear to you at this set time next year." (Genesis 17:18-21)

But God said to Abraham, "Do not let it be displeasing in your sight because of the lad or because of your bondwoman. Whatever Sarah has said to you, listen to her voice; for in Isaac your seed [descendants] shall be called.(Genesis 21:12

OBAMA YOU HAVE NOT BEEN READING YOUR BIBLE !!!!

Location hidden

#1179519 Aug 3, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Nuculur…In 2008 Democrats told us Hillary had Stature, Experience; most qualified person in the Democratic field, one could view her opponents as mere Midgets compared to her Political status!! Nuc again what happen in 2008?
I'm still not sure..........Obama caught on fire with the public.

The rest is history.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179520 Aug 3, 2014
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179521 Aug 3, 2014
Kentucky DemoKKKrats in racist attack on Mitch McConnell's wife....

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1179522 Aug 3, 2014
Pictures are worth a thousand words:

Free Palestine, Let Gaza live, Stop the massacre, End the Siege demonstrations worldwide...Chicago; Caracas; Venezuela; Montevideo, Uruguay; Austin, Texas; Washington DC ; Paris; Arequipa, Peru ; Chile; Brussels, Belgium; Karachi, Pakistan ; Nicosia, Cyprus; Derry, Ireland; Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia ; Warsaw, Poland; Sofia, Bulgaria; Japan; Bangladesh; Hong Kong; San Francisco; Sana’a, Yemen; Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain; Ecuador; London ; Houston; Egypt; Guadalajara, Mexico; Edinburgh; Fort-de-France, Martinique ; Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxemburg ; Paseo Colon, Costa Rica; Geneva, Switzerland; Amsterdam; Nigeria ; Hague, Netherlands; Limpopo , South Africa; Philippines ; Zimbabwe; Manchester, UK ; Rotterdam; Atlanta, Georgia; Belfast; Lebanon; Bahrain; London, Ontario ,Canada; Boston; Portland, Oregon; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; Taipei; Bahrain ; Cape Town, South Africa; Rabat, Morocco; Nazareth; Bethlehem, Palestine; Auckland, New Zealand; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Maldives; Valparaiso, Chile; Amman, Jordan; Nablus; Madrid, Spain; Dublin; Tunisia; Philadelphia; Metz, France; New York City; South Korea etc.

Rethugs on this thread need to broaden their horizons.

http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/worldwide-prote...

Location hidden

#1179523 Aug 3, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
It's justified if weapons and rockets are stored there. Rockets were found in other UN schools.
The population imprisoned themselves with aggressive behavior. The Gaza strip was returned to them and they decided to use it for rocket launches.
The world you speak of (Europe) has always been anti-Semite. No surprise. Their anti-Semitism caused the Zionist movement to begin with. You can't separate the two.
Jews run America? Really? Is that an anti-Semite statement?
There you are, being stupid again.

Saying Jews run America is a statement of fact. It casts no aspersions on them, merely states their position in American society.

You fell for the oldest Jewish trap today. Mentionthe word 'jew' and you're lavbelled an anti-semite.

And you deny Jews run America??

Name any other religion that has the power to prevent people from even discussing them in a less than complimentary manner without being attacked as the dreaded 'anti's'.

Go ahead, I'll wait.

Do you know what anti semitism means? Because you chose a truly stupid example to try on me, nitwit.

As far as rockets, since when has anyone condoned random bombing and shelling of civilian areas under any circumstances??

Nuremburg put Nazi's on trial for similar crimes.

Gaza is the most densely populated place on earth, with nowhere to run.

For you to support this wanton slaughter speaks badly for you, esp. as you claim to be a veteran of Vietnam. Is that the way you behaved?? Kill'em all??

It sure sounds like it, if you told the truth about that. You appear not to care about the hundreds of children killed.

And they haven't stopped the rockets. So what has the killing accomplished, except another generation of hatred??

Are you so lame you think this can end well for Israel??

Did you really serve?? Did you learn anything about War?? What has any war ever accomplished??
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179524 Aug 3, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah…You need to ask Reid why he’s failed to bring up Legislation already passed by the House setting there in the Senate for an Up or Down vote!! You don’t think he’s playing Politics do you?
Why bring partisan legislation to vote son?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179525 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The UN is whining it is unfair that Israel has the Iron Dome that is preventing casualties.
They are treating it like a ball game. Of course Gaza shouldn't be shooting rockets at Israel but the Iron Dome.
lol! So now you flip the UN to the other side of the line.

You idiots are so lost son!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179526 Aug 3, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Typed enough?
Look at Realslime --¨per usual¨ trying to monopolize Topix irrelevance.
Bwahahahaha!
So...you're claiming you're the king of topix irrelevance?

I'm sure you 're one of the top, son!
Patrick

United States

#1179527 Aug 3, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, it's the unsung heroes who do this dreadful job of relief work that really see the results of war. Perhaps some of these leaders who make the decisions to demolish countries and thousands of peoples lives should spend some time on the ground see the spoils of their so call victories.
They won't.. cowards that they be.
"People suffer the decisions of their leaders : Herbert J Mueller

Location hidden

#1179528 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
Pictures are worth a thousand words:
Free Palestine, Let Gaza live, Stop the massacre, End the Siege demonstrations worldwide...Chicago; Caracas; Venezuela; Montevideo, Uruguay; Austin, Texas; Washington DC ; Paris; Arequipa, Peru ; Chile; Brussels, Belgium; Karachi, Pakistan ; Nicosia, Cyprus; Derry, Ireland; Kuala Lumpur , Malaysia ; Warsaw, Poland; Sofia, Bulgaria; Japan; Bangladesh; Hong Kong; San Francisco; Sana’a, Yemen; Bilbao, Basque Country, Spain; Ecuador; London ; Houston; Egypt; Guadalajara, Mexico; Edinburgh; Fort-de-France, Martinique ; Esch-sur-Alzette, Luxemburg ; Paseo Colon, Costa Rica; Geneva, Switzerland; Amsterdam; Nigeria ; Hague, Netherlands; Limpopo , South Africa; Philippines ; Zimbabwe; Manchester, UK ; Rotterdam; Atlanta, Georgia; Belfast; Lebanon; Bahrain; London, Ontario ,Canada; Boston; Portland, Oregon; Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina; Taipei; Bahrain ; Cape Town, South Africa; Rabat, Morocco; Nazareth; Bethlehem, Palestine; Auckland, New Zealand; Sao Paulo, Brazil; Maldives; Valparaiso, Chile; Amman, Jordan; Nablus; Madrid, Spain; Dublin; Tunisia; Philadelphia; Metz, France; New York City; South Korea etc.
Rethugs on this thread need to broaden their horizons.
http://mondoweiss.net/2014/07/worldwide-prote...
They're the ones complaining about America being more unpopular worldwide.

Our support of Israeli atrocities is a huge part of the reason.

Obama is as bad as Bush at this.

This wil not turn out well for either Israel or the USA.

This war is a terrorist recruiting dream.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 min Doug77 5,903
Ask Amy 4-25-15 37 min Kuuipo 2
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 56 min FastandFurious 187,289
Word (Dec '08) 3 hr Wolverine33 5,201
Dear Abby 4-25-15 4 hr PEllen 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 69,677
Bill Clinton's Wife. 5 hr No GOP 4
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]