Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1550281 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Maddy

United States

#1180908 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't conservatives spendinig their money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion??
And if you say they are, why isn't it working??
Last I checked, it was Red states that had the highest rates of teen and unmarried pregnancies.
Conservative girls can't keep their legs closed.
Bristol Palin, anyone?? All the no sex preaching in the world kept that little Christian child from getting knocked up, did it??
Raging hormones, remember, Carol??
Lily asked you a question. Answer it.
You libs need to leave Bristol Palin alone you people even claimed her brother wasn't her brother. Bristol at least gave her child a fighting chance at life and from what I know about the baby it's doing very well and so is Bristol despite your personally wishes she has more hardship and failures in her life.

What is wrong with you people?
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1180909 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So why aren't conservatives spendinig their money on public service advertisements to encourage safe sex, birth control and honest information about the reality of abortion??
And if you say they are, why isn't it working??
Last I checked, it was Red states that had the highest rates of teen and unmarried pregnancies.
Conservative girls can't keep their legs closed.
Bristol Palin, anyone?? All the no sex preaching in the world kept that little Christian child from getting knocked up, did it??
Raging hormones, remember, Carol??
Lily asked you a question. Answer it.
I've read of at least 3 young girls who had their babies at home and the babies died; the parents claimed they didn't know their daughters were pregnant! Not every girl has a family that they can go to when they're in trouble.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180910 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>have you red his recent book, "Zealot"? a great historical look at jesus's life and times.
good reading for all the cult freaks to actually learn about their cult.
We know about the communist cult of Democrats. You don't even have to study history for that as we see it going on today.

Most conservatives including me couldn't care less about abortion and what the far left whines about.

The far left is far worse than religious people. They are the cult members ticker.

Intolerance. Hate. Democrats.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180911 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>we know w to greatly reduce the number of unwanted pregnancies, but it is the supposed anti-abortion crowd that usually opposes these methods.
do you want to stop abortions or do you just want to make it illegal and take it back to how it was before? lots of unsafe abortions an no regulations at all.....
or we can educate our kids and stop most unwanted pregnancies
Can someone tell me why they are against both abortion and birth control??

I would think if they're against abortion, there'd be a pro-life person on every corner in America, passing out free birth control pills or devices!!

You won't cut abortions by letting Hobby Lobby dictate who can get birth control. Or even ask for it.

It appears they want women to suffer unwanted children. That's real good for society.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180912 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
As the courts indicated, it is neither necessary nor Constitutional.
Y'know, that same document you nitwits think only contains the Second Amendment??
Communists like you have no respect for laws.

You are the nitwit, weirdo.

Location hidden

#1180913 Aug 5, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Here is a completely different quote from the same incident "On April 8, 1968, as Cleland was returning to his barracks, a grenade was accidentally dropped. Cleland reacted quickly by falling upon it, no doubt saving the lives of several soldiers. He lost both his legs and his right hand in the explosion. He was awarded the Silver Star and the Soldier's Medal, and he underwent many months of rehabilitation in army hospitals."
We have to go by the official record, don't we??

As a soldier, don't you agree??

You know what getting involved in speculation leads to, right Frank??

Are you that willing to demonize those you disagree with??

For God's sake, he lost both legs and an arm!!

Give it a rest.

Location hidden

#1180914 Aug 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Communists like you have no respect for laws.
You are the nitwit, weirdo.
Yes, and I stuff Waxman and his socks in the sewers from whence they came.
zzz

United States

#1180915 Aug 5, 2014
Hummm, and ABC has picked up this issue. That must mean they think there maybe some real news hear.

Chris McDaniel Opens Legal Challenge in Mississippi GOP Primary Race
Mississippi State Sen. Chris McDaniel officially announced the beginning of a legal effort to challenge the results of his primary fight against six-term incumbent Sen. Thad Cochran.

The campaign formally filed a challenge with the Mississippi Republican Party’s executive committee, the official first step to mounting a legal challenge.

On June 24, Cochran beat McDaniel by over 7,600 votes and those results were certified unanimously by the party’s executive committee. McDaniel never conceded, instead he almost immediately began accusing his opponent of “stealing” the election because Cochran was able to woo Democrats, specifically African American voters in the Magnolia State, to support him in the run-off. This is legal, but not if the Democrats also voted in their primary three weeks earlier.
http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2014/08/ ...

==========

OMG now ABC is just now reporting this? If you go to http://www.breitbart.com you can read the legal brief filed in the lawsuit.
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180916 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Because of the violent threats to doctors in Alabama and elsewhere. Many of the doctors who perform abortions are travelers from other states to maintain their anonyimity
Stuck in previous decades commie?

Your "social issue" crap is simply a way for you communists to divide people.

You commies gin that up and nobody cares.

it's like your race card and jew hating, Nazi Bitch.

Location hidden

#1180917 Aug 5, 2014
Maddy wrote:
<quoted text>
You libs need to leave Bristol Palin alone you people even claimed her brother wasn't her brother. Bristol at least gave her child a fighting chance at life and from what I know about the baby it's doing very well and so is Bristol despite your personally wishes she has more hardship and failures in her life.
What is wrong with you people?
Her brother isn't her brother. He's her son.

And Sarah won't allow DNA testing.

What does that tell you??
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180918 Aug 5, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Can someone tell me why they are against both abortion and birth control??
I would think if they're against abortion, there'd be a pro-life person on every corner in America, passing out free birth control pills or devices!!
You won't cut abortions by letting Hobby Lobby dictate who can get birth control. Or even ask for it.
It appears they want women to suffer unwanted children. That's real good for society.
Look dumbass. Woodtick has made a fool out of you 100% of the time.

You keep coming back like a dog getting sprayed in the face by a skunk moron.

God are you communists idiots.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1180919 Aug 5, 2014
<quoted text>
How do you know? All the information in the world cannot combat raging hormones. The illegitimate birth rate has decreased.
All you think about is people having sex and that gets to you. Well, people like to have sex, because that is what they are made to do, and, it feels good.
You just spout out things that have no basis in fact. One thing I know for sure is that a teenager is not meant to be a parent.
Human nature hasn't changed since the beginning of recorded civilization.

But there was a time when everyone accepted the consequences of moments of passion.

Young women would marry the father if he took the responsibility for creating a life or raised the child alone with the help of family and friends. Or gave the baby up for adoption.

Birth control wasn't on the table yet.

To get an abortion meant saving a few hundred dollars and flying to New York. Which was the only other option.

There was actually a time - in my lifetime - when abortion was associated with a sense of shame and guilt. Even barbaric. Much less the first option.

Why have we stopped accepting the consequences of our actions - even if in a moment of passion? Especially in this day and age when the consequences of these moments of passion are so preventable?

Why has abortion - especially the inconceivable number since Roe v Wade - become the norm rather than the exception and encouraged rather than discouraged?

It's time women stopped acting like it's all about them. It's about the life they created too.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1180920 Aug 5, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it true that you were 15 years old before you learned to wave goodbye??
Make that 5 years old.

I learned early to wave goodbye to Liberals using my middle finger.

Bye-e-e-e-e-e...:-)
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180921 Aug 5, 2014
<quoted text>
You are not paying for anything at $15.00 an hour; stop lying. And, even if you were; the $500 or so dollars it costs for an abortion is peanuts compared to providing welfare or fostercare and medical care for life. Get a grip. It's none of your business why or when a woman decides to have an abortion. One thing I know for sure is that women do not take these decisions lightly; contrary to your lies about it. Most women are in distress; maybe they accidently got pregnant; maybe they're married and had an affair; maybe they were raped; maybe they were molested by a family member....again, it's not your business to be judgemental about them.
So, how many abortions have you had?
Why should I or my next door neighbor pay for the children by "providing welfare or fostercare and medical care for life" for a women that "had an affair" or "accidentally got pregnant". How does someone "accidentally get pregnant"? I am surprised that in this society when lawyers have their hands out trying to get every penny there are not law suits to force promiscuous women and unfaithful men to pay for "providing welfare or fostercare and medical care for life".

Location hidden

#1180922 Aug 5, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
We know about the communist cult of Democrats. You don't even have to study history for that as we see it going on today.
Most conservatives including me couldn't care less about abortion and what the far left whines about.
The far left is far worse than religious people. They are the cult members ticker.
Intolerance. Hate. Democrats.
Many of the conservatives here are deeply concerned about abortion.

In your many sock appearances during the day, and your return as Waxman after 6pm, you surely noticed.

Right, Shirley??
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180923 Aug 5, 2014
Weak minded fool:
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
If there were Jews in Pakistsan getting killed, America would be forced to invade Pakistan.
By our Israeli overlords.
You belong in a mental institution.

Location hidden

#1180924 Aug 5, 2014
Waxman is really letting me down on judgeits.

I used to get 10 or 11 nuts and now i'm lucky to get 3.

Get off your lazy ass, Waxman!!

Judgeit!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1180925 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>yet when you take out tithing to one's private club, liberals actually give more than conservatives to what is actually charity.
Total Bullshit. Liberals are selfish and there are polls and data to back up the greed of Democrats/liberals.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0812/798...

Stop being an idiot.

Location hidden

#1180926 Aug 5, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Make that 5 years old.
I learned early to wave goodbye to Liberals using my middle finger.
Bye-e-e-e-e-e...:-)
So where'd you read that Henry Ford admired Stalin??

I'd like to know what educational system you come from..........

it sure wasn't one that knew anything about Henry Ford.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1180927 Aug 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, meanwhile the talking chimp and the Mrs. plan their extravagant vacation amongst their fellow 1% er's.
The last scene in Animal Farm: The Pigs are partying with the Farmer in his house.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 9 min SweLL GirL 10,870
Julieanne Zenz 2 hr Julieanne Zenz 5
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr WelbyMD 241,699
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr Gorebal Warming Inc 63,860
Why are White men obsessed with Latina women? (Feb '10) 14 hr patosm 213
last post wins! (Apr '13) 16 hr honeymylove 2,555
last post wins! (Dec '10) 16 hr honeymylove 3,184

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages