Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395581 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180321 Aug 5, 2014
I SEE I GOT YOU UNDIVIDED ATTENTION, HUH? WELL, GOOD, LET THE LESSON BEGIN...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180322 Aug 5, 2014
LONG AGO AN' FAR AWAY TWO VERY OL' MEN SAT AT A WORN, PRIMITIVELY MADE PICNIC TABLE UNDER A SICKLY ELM TREE WITH ONLY ONE BRANCH LEFT ON IT, AN' AN ILL TEMPERED RACCOON LIVIN' IN IT... THE TWO OL' MEN HAD LONG WHITE BEARDS AN' SAT STOOPED OVER A PARCHEESI BOARD STARIN' INTENTLY AT... WELL, NOTHIN' REALLY, TRUTH BE TOL.. THE TALLER ONE WAS ASLEEP AND THE OTHER ONE HAD CATARACTS SO BAD HE COULDN'T SEE NUTHIN' NO WAY...

JESUS: "C'MON DAD, IT'S YOUR MOVE... WAKE UP, DAMMIT!"
GOD THE FATHER: "HUH?.. WHA...?"
JESUS: "THIS GAME IS TAKIN' US FOREVER, DAD, WOULD YOU HURRY UP?"
GTF: "HMMMPH! KIDS... WHEN ARE YOU GONNA GROW UP AN' LEARN SOME PATIENCE?"
JESUS: "PATIENCE??? WE BEEN SITTIN' HERE FOR TWO THOUSAND YEARS PLAYIN' ONE GODDAM GAME!! IF YOU'D JUST HURRY UP WE COULD GET BACK TO... HEY... I FORGET... WHERE WERE WE GONNA GO BACK TO?..."
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180323 Aug 5, 2014
YOU SEE? YOU SEE HOW EASY THAT WAS TO SHAKE YOU FAITH? TO PROVIDE A L'IL TINY FLEETING SEED OF... DOUBT... INSECURITY... NOW ALL I GOT TO DO IS WATER IT REGULARLY AN' FEED IT AN' IT'LL GROW TO A MIGHTY, BLACK OAK TREE OOZIN' POISONOUS SAP... WITH ALL SORTS OF SCARY SHIT LIVIN' IN IT...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180324 Aug 5, 2014
I SMELL BACON... BRB...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180325 Aug 5, 2014
MAIN REASON I LOVE POSTIN' EARLY IN THE MORNIN' IS THAT I CAN JUS' COPY AN' SAVE ESSENTIALLY WHOLE PAGES OF MY POSTS, JUS' IN CASE THEY GET LOST.... I RE-EDITED MY RECENT STORY, TRYIN' TO FIND A WAY TO MAKE IT PALATABLE TO THE TOPIX CENSOR... WANNA SEE?...

"I WUZ JUS' LYIN' HERE... WAITIN' FO' Y'ALL TO WAKE UP... THE FISHIN' SUCKD DESPITE THE COL' SNAP SO I WUZ CASTIN' BACK IN MY MIND TO A TIME YEARS AGO BEFO' A FLYROD HAD EVEN BEEN SEEN IN GEORGIA... THE CHATTAHOOCHEE RIVER RUN FROM ABOVE HELEN ALL THE WAY DOWN TO THE FLINT RIVER AN' BEYOND, AN' I GUESS I FISH EVERY INCH OF THAT RIVER... HELL, I'D GET IN A FLOAT TUBE WITH A BOTTLE OF BUSHMILLS AN' SOMETIMES I WOKE UP IN GOD KNOWS WHERE IN FLORIDA OR ALABAMA... LOTS OF TIMES...

NOW BACK THEN I FISHED OR HUNTED EVERY SINGLE DAY.. I WORE OUT A MEC 300 JUNIOR IN 15 DAYS SO I'D INSTALLED HIS BIG BROTHER UNDER THE CAP OF MY OL' RUSTY DATSUN PICKUP AN' THERE WAS 20... 25 POUNDS OF SMOKELESS POWDER IN THAT TRUCK AN PROLLY 150 LBS OF LEAD SO IT WOULDA BEEN BAD TO RUN INTO ME BY ACCIDENT.... I HAD TWO GOOD DOGS, BLACK LABS, AN' I HAD THE LOVE OF A GOOD WOMAN WHOSE DADDY OWNED THE SPORTIN'' GOODS STORE IN MARTINSBURG, WV CONVENIENTLY... AND SHE DINT MIND MAKIN' SWEET LOVE ON THE ROUGH, RED METAL FLOOR OF THAT SERVICEABLE VEHICLE.

AND I WAS BATSHIT CRAZY BACK THEN...

I WAS FISHIN' BELOW THE LAKE LANIER DAM... WAY BELOW BUT JUST ABOVE ATLANTA IN THE BIG WATER WITH A 9' ROD I BUILT MYSELF... MY BLOOD STREAKED AN' RAGGEDY VEST, AN' A PAIR OF LATEX WADERS I'D PATCHED SO MANY TIMES AFTER HANGIN' ON THORN BUSHES AROUN' THE SOUTH FO' 8 OR 9 YEARS... THE WADERS WAS BROWN, THE PATCHES TAN AN' RED.... I S'POSE I WAS A SORRY SIGHT... "
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180326 Aug 5, 2014
"I ENTERED THE WATER ON THE HIGHWAY SIDE OF THE RIVER AN' I TOOK SEVERAL GOOD RAINBOWS, 2-3 LBS, ON ONE OF MY FRIEND, BEN SCHLEY’S, UGLY CRAYFISH FLIES AN' THEN, ACROSS THE WAY, I SEE A FISH JUMP AN' FLASH IN THE SUN... I'M NOT LOOKIN' RIGHT AT HIM AT THAT MOMENT SO I DON' SEE WHAT IT IS EXACTLY... BUT IT BIG, I CAN SEE THAT.. HE WORKIN' A LONG DRAW NEXT TO THE BANK IN MEDIUM FAST WATER AN' HE ABOUT... 200 YARDS AWAY... MAYBE 150...

I WATCH AN' EVENTUALLY HE JUMP AGAIN, SOME KINDA INCIDENTAL HATCH I GUESS? HE OVER 10 LBS... LOOK LIKE A GIANT PINK AN' GREEN FOOTBALL.... SO I TAKE STOCK OF WHERE I AM AN’ I HEAD OVER THERE... I MAKE IT TO THE FAR BANK WITHOUT TAKIN’ A DIVE AN' START TO WORK MY WAY CAREFULLY TO A POINT BELOW HIM FROM WHERE I IMAGINE I COULD FARM A DECENT CAST...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180328 Aug 5, 2014
"I WON' BORE YOU WITH THE DETAILS BUT MOBY LIKED GARBAGE BAGS AN' HE LIKED TO JUMP TOO. THE BES' THING ABOUT MOBY WAS THAT HE LIKED TO FIGHT UPSTREAM SO MY TWO NEW FRIENDS WERE SKITTERIN' HITHER AN' YON TO GET SHED OF THE CRAZY SON OF A BITCH WHO APPEARED TO HOL' THEM IN AS MUCH CONTEMPT AS I DID...

ANYWAYS, AFTER 15 MINUTES OR SO HERE MOBY COME LIKE A GUILTY PUPPY AN' YOU CAN SEE HE THINKIN' "OH SHIT".... SO RIGHT THEN I DECIDE TO DO SUMTHIN I HARDLY EVER DO... I DECIDE TO KILL HIM... BUT I DECIDE TO DO THAT IN A WAY THAT MIGHT HEP' THESE PO' FRAIL FOOLS TO LEARN... WELL... ANYTHING, REALLY....

I DRAGGED MOBY UP ON THE BANK AN' I COMMENCED TO BEAT HIM TO A PULP WITH A BIG FLAT ROCK... TIME I WAS THROUGH, MOBY WEREN'T MOBY ANY MORE, HE WAS JUS' A COLLECTION OF FLASHY, BLOODY SCALES.... I DID THIS RIGHT IN FRONT OF MY RUDE REPUBLICAN FRIENDS... AN' THEN I LOOKED UP AT THEIR HORRIFIED FACES AND SMILED IN A FRIENDLY FASHION AN’ HELD HIM UP SO’S THEY COULD ADMIRE WHAT GOD WROUGHT. THEN I TOOK THE BIG MAN'S MANGLED REMAINS AND THREW THEM IN THE RIVER JUST IN FRONT OF WHERE THEY WERE STANDIN'...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180329 Aug 5, 2014
... AN NOW THE L'IL EXPERIMENT CONCLUDES IN RAINBOW LAND...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180330 Aug 5, 2014
"WITHOUT ANOTHER WORD I MADE MY WAY BACK TO THE CROSSIN' AND FROM THERE BACK ACROSS THE RIVER TO MY OL' DATSUN PICKUP WITH ENOUGH..(..CUTE, FLUFFY, L'IL KITTYS IN IT TO BUILD A UNION HALL IN BOSTON..).... PARKED RIGHT NEXT TO THOSE BOYS' BEAMER... AND I POPPED A WARM BEER I BELIEVED I'D EARNED... I'D LIKE TO THINK THAT THE NEXT TIME I ASK THOSE BOYS HOW THEY'RE DOIN' I GET BACK TWO SNAPPY, "FINE SIR!"S... JUS' THE WAY THE DEVIL ROLLS...."
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180331 Aug 5, 2014
NOW I CALL THAT A MAGNIFICENT REVISION OF A TRUE STORY, DESIGNED TO MAKE THE TRUTH MO' PALATABLE TO THE SQUEAMISH AN' DELICATE NATURES OF MY LOYAL SOUTHERN READERS. Y'ALL UNDERSTAN' THE PROCESS OF MAKIN' THE TRUTH MO' PALATABLE, DON' YOU GIRLS?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180332 Aug 5, 2014
NEXT TIME I'LL MAKE IT A SLUSHY NOT A BEER... HARI...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180334 Aug 5, 2014
FROM WIKIPEDIA... JUS' THE TROOTH, MY DEARS..

"Fagin /ˈfeɪ&#6 09;ɪn/ is a fictional character who appears as an antagonist of the Charles Dickens novel Oliver Twist. In the preface to the novel he is described as a "receiver of stolen goods," but within the actual story he is more frequently referred to as the "merry old gentleman" or simply the "Jew."

Born in London, Fagin is described as "grotesque" to look at. He is the leader of a group of children, the Artful Dodger and Charley Bates among them, whom he teaches to make their livings by pickpocketing and other criminal activities, in exchange for a roof over their heads. A distinguishing trait is his constant—and thoroughly insincere—use of the phrase "my dear" when addressing others. At the time of the novel, he is said by another character, Monks, to have already made criminals out of "scores" of children who grow up to live—or die—committing the same crimes as adults. Bill Sikes, one of the novel's major villains, is hinted to be one of Fagin's old pupils, and the prostitute Nancy, Sikes's lover, clearly was."

Since: Aug 14

Clapsville, Canada

#1180335 Aug 5, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
NEXT TIME I'LL MAKE IT A SLUSHY NOT A BEER... HARI...
You wimp, The Real Devil would take a shot.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180336 Aug 5, 2014
"Although portrayed somewhat humorously, Fagin is nonetheless a self-confessed miser who, despite the wealth he has acquired over the years from the work of others, does very little to improve the squalid lives of the children he takes in – even allowing them to smoke pipes and drink gin "with the air of middle-aged men." In the second chapter of his appearance, it is shown (when he is talking to himself) that he cares less about those children who are eventually hanged for their crimes than about the fact that they do not "peach" (inform) on him and the other children. Still darker sides to the character's nature are shown when he beats the Artful Dodger for not bringing Oliver back, making Charley cry for mercy; in his attempted beating of Oliver for trying to escape after the thieves have kidnapped him; and in his own involvement with various plots and schemes throughout the story. He also indirectly but intentionally causes the death of Nancy by falsely informing the ill-tempered Sikes that she had betrayed him and Fagin, when in reality she had shielded Sikes, loving him despite his violent personality. This results in Sikes beating her to death. Near the end of the book, Fagin is captured and sentenced to be hanged, in a chapter that portrays him as pitiful in his anguish, waiting for the moment he will be led to the scaffold which is being prepared outside."

Clapsville, Canada

#1180337 Aug 5, 2014
Who knew the Devil was re----------tarded.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180339 Aug 5, 2014
SENDS SHIVERS UP YOUR SPINE, DOESN'T IT?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180340 Aug 5, 2014
THE "REAL" DEVIL? REALLY?... ARE YOU CLOSE YOU TWO?... THE "REAL DEVIL" AS YOU SO INCAUTIOUSLY DESCRIBE HIM, IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AND HAS TAKEN QUITE A FEW "SHOTS" ALREADY... LOOK AROUND... IN FACT, YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO BE ADDICTED TO RECEIVING THEM FUNNILY ENOUGH...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1180341 Aug 5, 2014
Doniarrhea wrote:
Who knew the Devil was re----------tarded.
PROBABLY THE SAME PERSON WHO TOLD YOU THERE WAS A "REAL DEVIL" I'M GUESSING?...

Clapsville, Canada

#1180342 Aug 5, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
SENDS SHIVERS UP YOUR SPINE, DOESN'T IT?...
No, nobody reads your garbage because you are just a loser with no location.

Clapsville, Canada

#1180344 Aug 5, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
THE "REAL" DEVIL? REALLY?... ARE YOU CLOSE YOU TWO?... THE "REAL DEVIL" AS YOU SO INCAUTIOUSLY DESCRIBE HIM, IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF YOU AND HAS TAKEN QUITE A FEW "SHOTS" ALREADY... LOOK AROUND... IN FACT, YOU PEOPLE SEEM TO BE ADDICTED TO RECEIVING THEM FUNNILY ENOUGH...
Funnily! LOL, you are also a moron.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 9 min District 1 216,820
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 23 min don t drink the k... 60,104
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Amazing but True 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 102,488
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 2 hr ReadAllAbout IT 25
Guess I'm voting for the businessman. 3 hr HRC is a douche-bag 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages