Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179084 Aug 2, 2014
Hawkish Delusions and “Staying the Course”

Daniel Henninger makes the latest unpersuasive attempt to spin the public’s aversion to involvement in foreign conflicts:

Some note the current paradox of the public’s low approval for Mr. Obama’s handling of everything from Iraq to Ukraine to Gaza, while the same polls show a reluctance to involve the country in those problems.

But there is no contradiction. The U.S. public’s resistance reflects coldblooded logic: Why get involved if the available evidence makes clear that America’s president won’t stay the course, no matter how worthy the cause?

There is always a gap between public and elite attitudes on these issues, but it is remarkable how determined many interventionists are not to understand the plain meaning of the public’s opposition to involving the U.S. in these conflicts. If the public is tired of hearing incessant demands for “action” and “leadership” overseas and rejects them, it can’t be because most Americans are genuinely sick of being told that it is America’s responsibility to fix other nations’ problems. No, it must be that the president has failed to “rally” them, or that they don’t trust him to “stay the course,” or because they are supposedly embarrassed that they want to keep their country out of new wars.

Never mind that there is no desire to begin U.S. involvement in these conflicts, much less to “stay the course.” The problem that many Americans have with Obama isn’t that he won’t “stay the course,” but that they have seen him stumble and back into involvement in crises and conflicts that he could have stayed out of. Another reason that Americans aren’t eager to “stay the course” in unnecessary conflicts is that they know that hawks want the U.S. to stay in these places indefinitely, so that once U.S. involvement begins in a certain place there is a chance that it may never end.

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/lariso...

so the next time one of you nutjobs wants to talk about Obama's polling on foreign policy, just remember that it's because of too much intervention and not the FOX fairy tale that you keep repeating. Americans see no need for any more wars and the use of the Treasury to fund them.
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179085 Aug 2, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Look senseless. The end of hostilities ALWAYS brings a new directive from the government — your services are no longer needed.
This is merely the latest in a long history of drawdowns, going back to the American Revolution,
which "restructures, repositions and reduces U.S. military forces after each major conflict." Live with it.
What end of hostilities?
"Things" appear to be gearing up Globally, setting the stage for WW3.

Agree we should restructure and reposition our Military Forces, but not drastically reduce, downsize Forces or Funding. That just exhibits Baraq's inadequate leadership abilities.

No such concept as a drawdown where, what did you call them, "fanatic" muslim terrorists are concerned. And the discussion wasn't about a drawdown after a major conflict.

It's been one major conflict after another since Bonehead's been in office.

When did you exchange reason for folly.
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179086 Aug 2, 2014
Sovereign citizen movement seen by US law enforcement as top terrorist threat: study

In a new study conducted by researchers tasked with studying of the root causes and consequences of terrorism in the U.S. and abroad, the sovereign citizen movement was perceived to be the gravest terrorist threat, rivaling Islamist extremists and militia/patriot groups.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/02/soverei...
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179088 Aug 2, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Sovereign citizen movement seen by US law enforcement as top terrorist threat: study
In a new study conducted by researchers tasked with studying of the root causes and consequences of terrorism in the U.S. and abroad, the sovereign citizen movement was perceived to be the gravest terrorist threat, rivaling Islamist extremists and militia/patriot groups.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/08/02/soverei...
O, is that liberal leftist fear at work again.
And the researchers were ALL leftist commie crackpots ...

" Sovereign citizens were the top concern of law enforcement, even as a belief that some domestic groups including the KKK, Christian Identity, and neo-Nazis represent less of an actual terrorist threat when compared to a previous study".

So, now the leftist loons are targeting and demonizing another group. So typical.
And any person who can state that or any other group is more radical then Islamic jihadist terrorists needs to have their head examined by a good shrink. Liberal Propaganda.

About The Author:
Tom Boggioni

"Tom Boggioni is based in the quaint seaside community of Pacific Beach in less quaint San Diego. He writes about politics, media, culture, and other annoyances. Mostly he spends his days at the beach gazing at the horizon waiting for the end of the world, or the sun to go down. Whichever comes first".

A good leftist lemming.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1179090 Aug 2, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
It's time for Carol and her nightly fairy tales.
It's been real.
Good. Thought you'd never leave. Just came on to see what's going on.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179091 Aug 2, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed. I've just recently read about the changing face of economics in this new age.
There used to be a rock solid correlation between Productivity, Employment and Profit. When employees became more productive, profits rose, economic activity increased and, thus, so did employment and wages.
Not any more. What happened? The Digital Age and Hi-Tech appeared.
Whenever office productivity rises today, it is because of better Computers, Networking and Software. This leads to higher profits but doesn't lead to higher employment. In fact, the reverse happens. More can be done today with fewer employees./
Factory Robotics and Software along with High-Tech materials and methods can produce manufactured products faster, more efficiently with higher quality but with far fewer employees.
Today's Unions are really caught with their collective pants down around their knees for not recognizing this. In the middle of this Technological Tsunami, Unions are demanding higher wages, more benefits and better working conditions and management is snickering as they place their orders for cheap Chinese Robots run by cheap S. Korean Software.
And you thought GM was still back in the 1950s with their stupid corporate attitude?
The UAW is still bragging about how they kicked ass in the 1930s to win contracts.
Robo-Burger has a nice ring to it, doesn't it? When the employees at McDonalds hear it, they'll have a Cow.
labor unions have lost all economic leverage and have nothing left except political power......

that is why unions are dying in business and largely exist only in government....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179092 Aug 2, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your copy and paste ended up supporting what Galt stated.
thank you for showing how ignorant that a-hole is......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179093 Aug 2, 2014
in their desperation to fight the perceived ills of "income inequality", the left fails to realize that all their policies just make the poor poorer and the rich richer.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179094 Aug 2, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Right. They should be at the discretion of the administration in office.
That's your point, correct?
no.....

government jobs should be a function of need for the work and hiring of the best talent available at the time......

without political influence......

Orlando, FL

#1179095 Aug 2, 2014
F HIM wrote:
<quoted text> You didn't say OUR, better yet, MY president .PERFECT
He made that perfectly clear. He IS just your president. It's why Reid won't bring up any House bipartisan-passed legislation in the Senate and Republicans have refused to pamper him because he's just your president...your spoiled president.

The man doesn't know how to lead, compromise or get anyone to agree on anything. He simply decrees, delegates and then isolates himself and expects total obedience. When he doesn't get it, he starts calling the opposition names.

That's playground bullying. Not leadership. Face it.

Orlando, FL

#1179096 Aug 2, 2014
Been a big day. Eventful day, as it were. Started very early this morning and I'm pooped.
to shey

Boston, MA

#1179097 Aug 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He made that perfectly clear. He IS just your president. It's why Reid won't bring up any House bipartisan-passed legislation in the Senate and Republicans have refused to pamper him because he's just your president...your spoiled president.
The man doesn't know how to lead, compromise or get anyone to agree on anything. He simply decrees, delegates and then isolates himself and expects total obedience. When he doesn't get it, he starts calling the opposition names.
That's playground bullying. Not leadership. Face it.
You know, carol, I just glanced back at "the document" and it turns out they're right! He IS "our" President if you can believe it! Good thing it's so late or there wouldn't be room for us in here, what with their big heads and all. Libs!
to shey

Boston, MA

#1179098 Aug 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Been a big day. Eventful day, as it were. Started very early this morning and I'm pooped.
Nice cup of DECAFFEINATED tea, dear, and then a warm, NOT HOT,bath and maybe a little music? Something by Dionne Warwick?
to shey

Boston, MA

#1179099 Aug 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
in their desperation to fight the perceived ills of "income inequality", the left fails to realize that all their policies just make the poor poorer and the rich richer.....
Right up until they start nailing boards together with ropes hanging from them anyway, then it's anyone's game.
el tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179100 Aug 2, 2014
I remember it must've been, oh, 15 years ago or so and Tony and I went to the fights over in Niagra Falls, Tony and I both LOVE the fights and that was back when he and I couldn't keep our hands off each other cause we were still intimate with each other at that time. Anyway we sat down and Tony had his hands up my blouse I remember and they announced the first bout which was this giant black guy about 6'-3" 250 lbs and this tiny little white guy. You'd of thought it was gonna be a crappy fight but the little white guy had a flame thrower in his shorts and every time the black guy got close the little white guy would light him up. Yeah! it was over in like 35 seconds him having won by TCO -(-technical cook-out -)- Ha ha, can't be too prepared I always say.
el tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179101 Aug 2, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
labor unions have lost all economic leverage and have nothing left except political power......
that is why unions are dying in business and largely exist only in government....
Well, that and the Communist Chinese I guess?
el tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179102 Aug 2, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
So, does this mean it WASN'T a urinary tract infection? At least it's not Ebola, huh? It's not, is it???
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179103 Aug 2, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
Ms. Pelosi, meet the ¨divine¨ Jonathan DelCarmen
Jonathan DelCarmen sounds like the kind of person Nancy Pelosi wants America to welcome and support. After all, he came to this country illegally as a child, at the tender age of 12. According to the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, he might well be the next Moses or Jesus.
A 19-year-old charged with murder in connection with last week's fatal assault on a USC graduate student told immigration officials that he entered the country illegally about seven years ago, a federal official said.
The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said Jonathan DelCarmen made the comments during an interview at a Los Angeles County jail where he is being held in connection with the death of Xinran Ji, 24.
give the illegal scum a break....

he didn't use a gun....

he beat the student to death with a baseball bat.....

turnaround would be fair play......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1179104 Aug 2, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
Ms. Pelosi, meet the ¨divine¨ Jonathan DelCarmen
Jonathan DelCarmen sounds like the kind of person Nancy Pelosi wants America to welcome and support. After all, he came to this country illegally as a child, at the tender age of 12. According to the Minority Leader of the House of Representatives, he might well be the next Moses or Jesus.
A 19-year-old charged with murder in connection with last week's fatal assault on a USC graduate student told immigration officials that he entered the country illegally about seven years ago, a federal official said.
The official, who was not authorized to speak publicly on the matter, said Jonathan DelCarmen made the comments during an interview at a Los Angeles County jail where he is being held in connection with the death of Xinran Ji, 24.
one of Obama's precious "dreamers"....

if Bush had granted him amnesty, he would never have become a perverted killer....
Rosalia Doyle

Buffalo, NY

#1179105 Aug 2, 2014
So! Here you are, Chica! I should've known the gringo puta would be online putting on airs! I have NO IDEA what Chaco sees in you? Other than his beeg brown deeck, of course, and even that ees no beeg enough to stay in a giant hole like churs! Now GET BACK to thee house an wash thee dog like I already tells you! And put some CLOTHES ON!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min OzRitz 51,552
cattle ranchers 1 hr SUSAN PAGE 1
BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 hr wojar 185,099
Mrs. Bush: History will vindicate her husband (Jun '08) 4 hr swedenforever 54,547
Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 hr Ratloder 69,133
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 8 hr Non _cents 5,726
Word (Dec '08) 8 hr Non _cents 5,079
Chicago Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:57 pm PST

Bleacher Report 8:57PM