Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1375617 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180067 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an opinion ppiece, nitwit.
Be careful.
You don't get to make those decisions --moron. It was listed under US News.

Feel free to cry all you want.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180068 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
A senior Israeli official says the Israeli government has accepted an Egyptian cease-fire proposal to end a monthlong war against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.
The official says a preliminary 72-hour truce will begin at 0500 GMT on Tuesday morning. An Israeli delegation will head to Egypt for talks meant to work out a long-term truce in the next three days
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/israeli-airstr...
And what has been accomplished??

Except more pain and violence and hatred??

A pox on both their houses.

Location hidden

#1180069 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the rest of the story. It was the Dems who ran the KKK add against McDaniels
According to the Examiner, Ruth Harris, 65, of Jackson said she and five-other Democratic women paid for three radio spots urging voters to support Sen. Thad Cochran
The McDaniel camp has been criticizing the family of former Gov. Haley Barbour for having responsibility for the the ads, even going so far as to say those responsible should be "purged" from the GOP.
Henry Barbour in the Examiner denied being involved with the "KKK ads."
The ads also have been attributed to a new political action committee, All Citizens for Mississippi, although that group didn't report the purchase of radio advertising on its FEC report in mid-July.
Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2014/08/04/5728788/d...
I just love it when Repugnetards fight!!

Seems you do too!!

Not that it can happen, but I'd love to see this civil war to allow dht Democrat to win.

Not in Mississippi Burning.

Location hidden

#1180070 Aug 4, 2014
Cliven Bundy: God Told Me To Fight 'Civil War' Against Feds

""ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP)— Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claims the April confrontation between the federal government and his armed supporters was part of an age-old spiritual battle between good and evil.

Bundy, a Mormon, told an Independent American Party gathering in St. George, Utah, on Saturday that God provided him personal inspiration in the showdown over cattle in Bunkerville, Nevada, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

"The Lord told me ... if (the local sheriff doesn't) take away these arms from federal agents, we the people will have to face these arms in a civil war. He said,'This is your chance to straighten this thing up,'" Bundy said, according to The Spectrum of St. George ( http://bit.ly/1pRx8nq ).""

----------

Many here supported this crazy bas turd.

“Bill Clinton could have ”

Since: May 10

Prevented this

#1180071 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
"If Obama is elected, Putin will invade Ukraine."
"Russia is the most significant geopolitical foe of the United States."
"The 80s called and they want their foreign policy back".
Well, the 30s called and they want their foreign policy back.
I just wish O'bama would give the little girl's pink tutu back, that pretty much describes his foreign policy, must make the lefties cringe knowing GW was smarter than O'bama ever thought he could be.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180072 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
So this lack of racism you profess allows you to post fake pictures of Obama's mother, make outrageous claims about who his father 'just might be', insult him personally, and took part in the birfer conspiracy.
That's the problem with you. You keep insisting you're not a racist, and the next moment you're calling blacks stupid for becoming dependent and on the democrat plantation and wondering when they'll 'smarten up'.
So Obama won heavily among Jews. Should they 'smarten up'??
You really think that isn't racist thinking??
The Progressives forget how big of jerks they have been...

Hung Bush images
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...

Can't get any nastier than that.

Bush outhouse pictures and he didn't send his DOJ goon out to punish the offenders

Let's don't forget some of the morons on your side accusing him of bombing the twin towers. Makes the Birther conspiracy started by Hillary look very inane in comparison

Cry all you want but do you really want to pretend Obama is some snowflake that is too fragile to endure this stuff.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180073 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I just love it when Repugnetards fight!!
Seems you do too!!
Not that it can happen, but I'd love to see this civil war to allow dht Democrat to win.
Not in Mississippi Burning.
Swoosh, Dems were responsible. In fighting over with. Really sad day for you.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1180074 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, you lose...again.
"In those neighborhoods, 35% of residents are now considered to be below the poverty line, defined as a family of four making $23,492 or less in 2012."
It's about income and the decline in earnings in the middle class.
"Much of the outflow of population from urban cores to suburbs has historically been middle- and upper-income. That is less true now.”
http://news.msn.com/us/the-rise-of-suburban-p...
Obama should have spent more time focusing on turning this around than his failed legacy of Obamacare.
Think how much time was wasted on this - and him - and a decline in full-time jobs to part-time because of it is causing even more distress among the middle class.
It's about the economy, stupid.(Think whoever said that was talking about you.)
Not about Obama's self-imposed legacy that has failed miserably.
Incognito's post that seems so confusing to the rightie tighties__note that it's by Josh Sunborn of Time and that it's just a basic economy puke piece with no details or even a message to take away.

Just some puke to fill up space.__that Incognito thought proved some mindless point.

ROFLMAO

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180075 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The Brookings Report was the real deal.
The article was a reporters take on it. His opinion, with stats from the Report.
That doesn't make it any less valuable.
So you think if it isn't all quotes than it can't be a news article and you are SMARTER than MSN in these manners.

I am not buying this, Skippy.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180076 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Incognito's post that seems so confusing to the rightie tighties__note that it's by Josh Sunborn of Time and that it's just a basic economy puke piece with no details or even a message to take away.
Just some puke to fill up space.__that Incognito thought proved some mindless point.
ROFLMAO
The comments from the Brooking Institute and the stats from the census bureau was the message.

"Even a message to take away" --No, most news articles do not include this.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180078 Aug 4, 2014
Off to a Birthday party.

Location hidden

#1180079 Aug 4, 2014
Sheriff's Deputy Kills Hostage During Standoff With Parolee In Los Angeles

""PICO RIVERA, Calif.(AP)— A Los Angeles County sheriff's deputy accidentally shot and killed a man during a gunfight with a wanted parolee who invaded the man's house and took his wife hostage, authorities said Saturday.

The deputy mistook Frank Mendoza, 54, for the parolee during an 8-hour standoff that ended with SWAT officers storming his home in the suburb of Pico Rivera to rescue his wife and kill the suspect, said William McSweeney, chief of the sheriff's detective division.""

==========

So much for the good guys with guns.

Just more people end up dead.

Location hidden

#1180080 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Swoosh, Dems were responsible. In fighting over with. Really sad day for you.
And you think I'm gonna feel bad because Dems were smart enough to get Repubs fighting amongst themselves?? HAHA

Over with?? It's hardly begun!!

I think it's wonderful!!

Location hidden

#1180083 Aug 4, 2014
el perfecto wrote:
<quoted text> Many of us here said fk u Nuculur option also an if they didn't I WILL FK U.
That's about the best you mediocrities can do.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180084 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Progressives forget how big of jerks they have been...
Hung Bush images
Can't get any nastier than that.
Bush outhouse pictures and he didn't send his DOJ goon out to punish the offenders
Let's don't forget some of the morons on your side accusing him of bombing the twin towers. Makes the Birther conspiracy started by Hillary look very inane in comparison
Cry all you want but do you really want to pretend Obama is some snowflake that is too fragile to endure this stuff.
"...Cry all you want but do you really want to pretend Obama is some snowflake that is too fragile to endure this stuff."

lol! Well gee son. That's the picture you idiots were trying to paint.

What a bunch of clowns you people are!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180085 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think if it isn't all quotes than it can't be a news article and you are SMARTER than MSN in these manners.
I am not buying this, Skippy.
lol! You're right son. You keep telling us how the MSM is right.. now!
Patrick

United States

#1180088 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to make those decisions --moron. It was listed under US News.
Feel free to cry all you want.
Roxlo Melt down in progress.:-)

In a defiant statement, a spokesman for the fast-food industry today lashed out at fast-food workers’”outrageous and unacceptable demand to be considered human beings.”

Arguing that “granting fast food workers anything beyond a grim, scraping existence would put a serious dent in our profits,” the Fast Food Restaurant Council spokesman Tracy Klugian said.“Considering our workers human would be ruinous to the fast food industry as we know it.”

But Mr. Klugian was quick to point out that the controversy was about more than money:“It’s about dignity and respect—two things this industry has zero tolerance for.”

As fast food workers mounted protests across the country, the industry spokesman urged them to abandon their “reckless quest for human status” at once.

“They have to ask themselves, why did they want to work in the fast food industry to begin with?” he said.“Anyone who walks into one of our restaurants should realize that it’s no place for humans.”
Patrick

United States

#1180089 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously.
I go out of my way to find credible sources

just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.
One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.
Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.
Incredible and unsettling at the same time.
"I go out of my way to find credible sources"..:-)
Irony Meter

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180091 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Is that what all the hub-bub is about? Calling someone 'Asian?'
Reich wingers must really be going off their rockers!!!
They ARE good at making mountains out of mole hills.

It all started when McConnell said that his wife was the only Kentucky woman to serve in a president's cabinet, which she did under former President George W. Bush.

To that, Kathy Groob, who owns a political consulting firm tweeted:

"Hey Mitch, nothing against your wife and spouses should be off limits; since you mentioned, She isn't from KY, she is Asian."

The Kentucky Democratic Party tweeted: "These comments are abhorrent and have no place in Kentucky politics. We strongly denounce them."

That's all there was to it. Nutcases like kvetch are the ones who have taken the incident and run with it by claiming McConnell's wife was called a "chink". It's what they do.
Patrick

United States

#1180092 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're right son. You keep telling us how the MSM is right.. now!
Roxlo voted for Woodrow Wilsosn in 1916 and now has regrets.
Sad :-(

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Father Of Hans Peterson Speaks Out (Oct '07) 17 min Carol 52
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 37 min Jacques Orleans 213,275
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 52 min Patriot AKA Bozo 58,887
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr USS LIBERTY 70,492
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr SweLL GirL 8,125
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr In Summation 101,762
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 1,978
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages