Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395579 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180050 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing or discussing from a position of vanity is fruitless. Pride goes before a fall and any attempts to brag about your knowledge of world events and science will come back to bite you in the azz eventually. A Pompous Azz is a sitting target.
Shove a cafeteria tray down the back of your skivvies, brutha':-)
So it's my fault you were clueless about Ford hating Stalin and Communists?? LOL

I said you were brighter than some of these idiots, but not by much.

You just proved that.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1180051 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact, Jack, is that those outside the South voted yes & those within the South voted no.
It passed with majorities in both parties voting for it. So, Jack, you lied.
House vote
Dem. 152-96
Rep. 138-34
(I.e.for dumbass TSM, the Republicans alone did not have the votes to pass it)
Senate Vote
Dem: 46-21`
Rep 27-6
Now if we look by region & at the votes by Southern legislators vs those outside the South:
House
Southern Dems 7-87
Southern Rep 0-10
"northern" Dems 145 -9
"northern" Rep 138-24
Senate
Southern Dems: 1-20
Southern Rep 0-1
Northern Dem: 45-1
Northern Rep - 27-5
It had nothing to do with political party. He was regional.
One day you dumbf*ck whiners will learn this instead of posting the same lies that TSM & Carol do all the time.
Always try to make it a point to say not all Democrats were Southern Democrats. And not all Republicans voted for all civil rights legislation.

But, historically, the South predominantly bred racism by the institution of slavery - although not exclusively - and Republicans predominantly passed every piece of civil rights legislation with the majority of votes even though many Democrats did too.

It's when liberals like nuc accuse conservatives as an entire group of being racist for honest dissent against a president's ideology who also happens to be black, it's time to set the record straight.

All of this racism nonsense has to end. Obama erased all the progress that had been made between the races and set us back 40 years by his divisive rhetoric.

Most Americans have long since moved on. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society and it's been that way for decades. Now too many of us look at each other again with the same old suspicions that weren't there before 2008 and are completely unnecessary.

Again, progressive liberals want power at any cost and by any means necessary. Even if it means pitting us against each other. Obama has made it an art form.

Location hidden

#1180052 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion pieces mean squat__the authors opinion__not worth arguing really.
Yet Roxblow is the first to criticize others for posting 'opinion pieces'.

Except when they're hers.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180053 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I paid for the generation before me. That's what the Democrats wanted. So stop complaining about your own party's brilliant ideas if you're going to support more of them.
The question was for Grey - about his values. But since you piped in, what are yours?
I asked first.
If they support Obama,they expect you to abandon your morals,values, and principles.
bob apples

Boston, MA

#1180054 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the old lady in the pants suit supports Israel.....
live with it.....
Well blow me down! If it ain't Beth Shalom

“Depends on the Day”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180056 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion pieces mean squat__the authors opinion__not worth arguing really.
It was listed under the news section. So much for that claim.

Orlando, FL

#1180057 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the old drunk is just playing with you....
maybe he wants a date....
You're probably right. He doesn't seem to like strong women. Not sure how he feels about women in general. But he's always been condescending to me. That's all I know.

Location hidden

#1180058 Aug 4, 2014
Cochran foe challenges GOP Senate primary loss

""The tea party-backed lawmaker defeated by U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran in Mississippi's Republican primary said Monday that he has formally challenged the election's outcome with the state GOP.

State Sen. Chris McDaniel filed the challenge with the Mississippi GOP state executive committee over Cochran's June 24 runoff victory, McDaniel attorney Mitch Tyner said during a news conference.

McDaniel has called the June 24 runoff a "sham" and excoriated Cochran for seeking votes from "liberal Democrats." While McDaniel stops short of mentioning race, Mississippi is a state where Democrat is often synonymous with black. Cochran says there's nothing wrong with seeking support from Democrats and independents — it's something he's done for decades.

While Mississippi courts have ordered some new local elections, there has been no court-ordered do-over of a statewide election in at least the past six decades of records reviewed by The Associated Press. Tyner has said he had found no examples of a Mississippi court ever ordering a new statewide vote.""

----------

Mississippi racism in action.

Hasn't changed all that much.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180059 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Roxblow is the first to criticize others for posting 'opinion pieces'.
Except when they're hers.
Clueless as always. I didn't post the article and realtime is lying. The article appeared under us/news.

Move along.

Location hidden

#1180060 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Always try to make it a point to say not all Democrats were Southern Democrats. And not all Republicans voted for all civil rights legislation.
But, historically, the South predominantly bred racism by the institution of slavery - although not exclusively - and Republicans predominantly passed every piece of civil rights legislation with the majority of votes even though many Democrats did too.
It's when liberals like nuc accuse conservatives as an entire group of being racist for honest dissent against a president's ideology who also happens to be black, it's time to set the record straight.
All of this racism nonsense has to end. Obama erased all the progress that had been made between the races and set us back 40 years by his divisive rhetoric.
Most Americans have long since moved on. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society and it's been that way for decades. Now too many of us look at each other again with the same old suspicions that weren't there before 2008 and are completely unnecessary.
Again, progressive liberals want power at any cost and by any means necessary. Even if it means pitting us against each other. Obama has made it an art form.
So this lack of racism you profess allows you to post fake pictures of Obama's mother, make outrageous claims about who his father 'just might be', insult him personally, and took part in the birfer conspiracy.

That's the problem with you. You keep insisting you're not a racist, and the next moment you're calling blacks stupid for becoming dependent and on the democrat plantation and wondering when they'll 'smarten up'.

So Obama won heavily among Jews. Should they 'smarten up'??

You really think that isn't racist thinking??

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180061 Aug 4, 2014
A senior Israeli official says the Israeli government has accepted an Egyptian cease-fire proposal to end a monthlong war against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.

The official says a preliminary 72-hour truce will begin at 0500 GMT on Tuesday morning. An Israeli delegation will head to Egypt for talks meant to work out a long-term truce in the next three days

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/israeli-airstr...

Location hidden

#1180062 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Clueless as always. I didn't post the article and realtime is lying. The article appeared under us/news.
Move along.
It was an opinion ppiece, nitwit.

Be careful.

Orlando, FL

#1180063 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>One time eh?
That pretty much spells it all out....
You always miss the point.

When every CNN article and every MSN article and every USA Today article isn't good enough for Realtime, even if it's just one article from the New York Times' that's still not good enough...

...now think about the point.

Location hidden

#1180064 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right. He doesn't seem to like strong women. Not sure how he feels about women in general. But he's always been condescending to me. That's all I know.
Excuse me, but you once told me Realtime was an old buddy from an earlier time.

You even told me he could back up some of your stories about bieng a nurse, etc.

Surprise, he didn't!! And now you don't like Realtime.

I been here a long time, Carol. You know that. I come and go, but I have an excellent memory.

You're not a strong woman. You're a puppet who can never back up what you say, because you just repeat what you hear.

Nobraina insults you worse than Realtime, yet you still suck up to him.

Real strong woman. As long as the rest of the nitwits approve, you're strong.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180065 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
Cochran foe challenges GOP Senate primary loss
""The tea party-backed lawmaker defeated by U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran in Mississippi's Republican primary said Monday that he has formally challenged the election's outcome with the state GOP.
State Sen. Chris McDaniel filed the challenge with the Mississippi GOP state executive committee over Cochran's June 24 runoff victory, McDaniel attorney Mitch Tyner said during a news conference.
McDaniel has called the June 24 runoff a "sham" and excoriated Cochran for seeking votes from "liberal Democrats." While McDaniel stops short of mentioning race, Mississippi is a state where Democrat is often synonymous with black. Cochran says there's nothing wrong with seeking support from Democrats and independents — it's something he's done for decades.
While Mississippi courts have ordered some new local elections, there has been no court-ordered do-over of a statewide election in at least the past six decades of records reviewed by The Associated Press. Tyner has said he had found no examples of a Mississippi court ever ordering a new statewide vote.""
----------
Mississippi racism in action.
Hasn't changed all that much.
Now the rest of the story. It was the Dems who ran the KKK add against McDaniels

According to the Examiner, Ruth Harris, 65, of Jackson said she and five-other Democratic women paid for three radio spots urging voters to support Sen. Thad Cochran
The McDaniel camp has been criticizing the family of former Gov. Haley Barbour for having responsibility for the the ads, even going so far as to say those responsible should be "purged" from the GOP.
Henry Barbour in the Examiner denied being involved with the "KKK ads."
The ads also have been attributed to a new political action committee, All Citizens for Mississippi, although that group didn't report the purchase of radio advertising on its FEC report in mid-July.
Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2014/08/04/5728788/d...

Location hidden

#1180066 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It was listed under the news section. So much for that claim.
The Brookings Report was the real deal.

The article was a reporters take on it. His opinion, with stats from the Report.

That doesn't make it any less valuable.

No question that the Middle Class has been eliminated by Repugnetard policies, as evidenced by the Bush Depression.

So long as people can't earn enough to get by, the economy won't improve.

Wages are far too low for a majority of Americans.

Hence the poverty spreading..........

Remember, folks like Rmoney shipped our factories to China, so he could make a buck.

“Depends on the Day”

Location hidden

#1180067 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
It was an opinion ppiece, nitwit.
Be careful.
You don't get to make those decisions --moron. It was listed under US News.

Feel free to cry all you want.

Location hidden

#1180068 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
A senior Israeli official says the Israeli government has accepted an Egyptian cease-fire proposal to end a monthlong war against Hamas militants in the Gaza Strip.
The official says a preliminary 72-hour truce will begin at 0500 GMT on Tuesday morning. An Israeli delegation will head to Egypt for talks meant to work out a long-term truce in the next three days
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/israeli-airstr...
And what has been accomplished??

Except more pain and violence and hatred??

A pox on both their houses.

Location hidden

#1180069 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Now the rest of the story. It was the Dems who ran the KKK add against McDaniels
According to the Examiner, Ruth Harris, 65, of Jackson said she and five-other Democratic women paid for three radio spots urging voters to support Sen. Thad Cochran
The McDaniel camp has been criticizing the family of former Gov. Haley Barbour for having responsibility for the the ads, even going so far as to say those responsible should be "purged" from the GOP.
Henry Barbour in the Examiner denied being involved with the "KKK ads."
The ads also have been attributed to a new political action committee, All Citizens for Mississippi, although that group didn't report the purchase of radio advertising on its FEC report in mid-July.
Read more here: http://www.sunherald.com/2014/08/04/5728788/d...
I just love it when Repugnetards fight!!

Seems you do too!!

Not that it can happen, but I'd love to see this civil war to allow dht Democrat to win.

Not in Mississippi Burning.

Location hidden

#1180070 Aug 4, 2014
Cliven Bundy: God Told Me To Fight 'Civil War' Against Feds

""ST. GEORGE, Utah (AP)— Nevada rancher Cliven Bundy claims the April confrontation between the federal government and his armed supporters was part of an age-old spiritual battle between good and evil.

Bundy, a Mormon, told an Independent American Party gathering in St. George, Utah, on Saturday that God provided him personal inspiration in the showdown over cattle in Bunkerville, Nevada, about 80 miles northeast of Las Vegas.

"The Lord told me ... if (the local sheriff doesn't) take away these arms from federal agents, we the people will have to face these arms in a civil war. He said,'This is your chance to straighten this thing up,'" Bundy said, according to The Spectrum of St. George ( http://bit.ly/1pRx8nq ).""

----------

Many here supported this crazy bas turd.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 min District 1 216,820
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min don t drink the k... 60,104
Chicago has the Worst Women 57 min Amazing but True 13
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 1 hr SweLL GirL 8,894
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 102,488
Who's this Fauxcahontas? 2 hr ReadAllAbout IT 25
Guess I'm voting for the businessman. 2 hr HRC is a douche-bag 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages