Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1403201 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180080 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Swoosh, Dems were responsible. In fighting over with. Really sad day for you.
And you think I'm gonna feel bad because Dems were smart enough to get Repubs fighting amongst themselves?? HAHA

Over with?? It's hardly begun!!

I think it's wonderful!!

Location hidden

#1180083 Aug 4, 2014
el perfecto wrote:
<quoted text> Many of us here said fk u Nuculur option also an if they didn't I WILL FK U.
That's about the best you mediocrities can do.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180084 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
The Progressives forget how big of jerks they have been...
Hung Bush images
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...
Can't get any nastier than that.
Bush outhouse pictures and he didn't send his DOJ goon out to punish the offenders
http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;...
Let's don't forget some of the morons on your side accusing him of bombing the twin towers. Makes the Birther conspiracy started by Hillary look very inane in comparison
Cry all you want but do you really want to pretend Obama is some snowflake that is too fragile to endure this stuff.
"...Cry all you want but do you really want to pretend Obama is some snowflake that is too fragile to endure this stuff."

lol! Well gee son. That's the picture you idiots were trying to paint.

What a bunch of clowns you people are!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180085 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think if it isn't all quotes than it can't be a news article and you are SMARTER than MSN in these manners.
I am not buying this, Skippy.
lol! You're right son. You keep telling us how the MSM is right.. now!
Patrick

United States

#1180088 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You don't get to make those decisions --moron. It was listed under US News.
Feel free to cry all you want.
Roxlo Melt down in progress.:-)

In a defiant statement, a spokesman for the fast-food industry today lashed out at fast-food workers’”outrageous and unacceptable demand to be considered human beings.”

Arguing that “granting fast food workers anything beyond a grim, scraping existence would put a serious dent in our profits,” the Fast Food Restaurant Council spokesman Tracy Klugian said.“Considering our workers human would be ruinous to the fast food industry as we know it.”

But Mr. Klugian was quick to point out that the controversy was about more than money:“It’s about dignity and respect—two things this industry has zero tolerance for.”

As fast food workers mounted protests across the country, the industry spokesman urged them to abandon their “reckless quest for human status” at once.

“They have to ask themselves, why did they want to work in the fast food industry to begin with?” he said.“Anyone who walks into one of our restaurants should realize that it’s no place for humans.”
Patrick

United States

#1180089 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously.
I go out of my way to find credible sources

just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.
One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.
Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.
Incredible and unsettling at the same time.
"I go out of my way to find credible sources"..:-)
Irony Meter

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180091 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! Is that what all the hub-bub is about? Calling someone 'Asian?'
Reich wingers must really be going off their rockers!!!
They ARE good at making mountains out of mole hills.

It all started when McConnell said that his wife was the only Kentucky woman to serve in a president's cabinet, which she did under former President George W. Bush.

To that, Kathy Groob, who owns a political consulting firm tweeted:

"Hey Mitch, nothing against your wife and spouses should be off limits; since you mentioned, She isn't from KY, she is Asian."

The Kentucky Democratic Party tweeted: "These comments are abhorrent and have no place in Kentucky politics. We strongly denounce them."

That's all there was to it. Nutcases like kvetch are the ones who have taken the incident and run with it by claiming McConnell's wife was called a "chink". It's what they do.
Patrick

United States

#1180092 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! You're right son. You keep telling us how the MSM is right.. now!
Roxlo voted for Woodrow Wilsosn in 1916 and now has regrets.
Sad :-(
Patrick

United States

#1180093 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your comedy channel.
You are watching a test pattern :-)
Back to your meds?

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1180094 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
In a defiant statement, a spokesman for the fast-food industry today lashed out at fast-food workers’”outrageous and unacceptable demand to be considered human beings.”
Arguing that “granting fast food workers anything beyond a grim, scraping existence would put a serious dent in our profits,” the Fast Food Restaurant Council spokesman Tracy Klugian said.“Considering our workers human would be ruinous to the fast food industry as we know it.”
But Mr. Klugian was quick to point out that the controversy was about more than money:“It’s about dignity and respect—two things this industry has zero tolerance for.”
As fast food workers mounted protests across the country, the industry spokesman urged them to abandon their “reckless quest for human status” at once.
“They have to ask themselves, why did they want to work in the fast food industry to begin with?” he said.“Anyone who walks into one of our restaurants should realize that it’s no place for humans.”
you really shouldn't steal other people's work. it is immoral and illegal.

Location hidden

#1180095 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Pressure is growing on Montana’s junior senator to step down as he and his campaign team try to find their footing in the wake of a plagiarism scandal that could cost him his master’s degree and military rank. One of the largest newspapers in Montana is calling for embattled incumbent Sen. John Walsh, D-Mont., to drop out of the Senate race. Walsh has been reeling since the NYT reported that he plagiarized large swaths of a research paper he submitted to the Army War College in 2007. The Missoulian has now called for Walsh to step down or at least withdraw from the race before the Aug. 11 deadline for Democrats to find a new candidate. The Montana Standard in Butte reached a different, but still damning, conclusion after its editorial board talked with Walsh:“Walsh has offered no suggestions for resolving his error, other than to throw himself on the mercy of the War College board now investigating the plagiarism. So allow us: The senator should immediately forfeit the degree and offer to redo the paper properly.”
Funny how you haven't posted anything aobut Bob McDonnell's trial in VA.

Isn't taking bribes worse than plagiarism?? Yes, I think so.

You're very selective in who's committed a crime, I see.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180096 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They ARE good at making mountains out of mole hills.
It all started when McConnell said that his wife was the only Kentucky woman to serve in a president's cabinet, which she did under former President George W. Bush.
To that, Kathy Groob, who owns a political consulting firm tweeted:
"Hey Mitch, nothing against your wife and spouses should be off limits; since you mentioned, She isn't from KY, she is Asian."
The Kentucky Democratic Party tweeted: "These comments are abhorrent and have no place in Kentucky politics. We strongly denounce them."
That's all there was to it. Nutcases like kvetch are the ones who have taken the incident and run with it by claiming McConnell's wife was called a "chink". It's what they do.
lol! Talk about a lost perspective.

I couldn't find the issue so all I could do was laugh about it.

Thanks for clarifying...
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180097 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
Pressure is growing on Montana’s junior senator to step down as he and his campaign team try to find their footing in the wake of a plagiarism scandal that could cost him his master’s degree and military rank. One of the largest newspapers in Montana is calling for embattled incumbent Sen. John Walsh, D-Mont., to drop out of the Senate race. Walsh has been reeling since the NYT reported that he plagiarized large swaths of a research paper he submitted to the Army War College in 2007. The Missoulian has now called for Walsh to step down or at least withdraw from the race before the Aug. 11 deadline for Democrats to find a new candidate. The Montana Standard in Butte reached a different, but still damning, conclusion after its editorial board talked with Walsh:“Walsh has offered no suggestions for resolving his error, other than to throw himself on the mercy of the War College board now investigating the plagiarism. So allow us: The senator should immediately forfeit the degree and offer to redo the paper properly.”
Could it be Montana democrats to maintain a bit of honor? Had this fraud been an East Coast liberal, nothing short of photos showing him molesting a child would move them to call for a resignation...and even then they'd blame someone or something else.
Helena

Detroit, MI

#1180098 Aug 4, 2014
OK
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180099 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny is you democraps ignoring the FACT you have a racist VP and racist Senate Leader.

Had they been GOP and made the same comments your ilk would be screaming for their impeachment.

What do we get instead? Aw, shucks. They're just a couple of harmless, old white guys...they didn't mean anything.
Grey Ghost

Simsbury, CT

#1180100 Aug 4, 2014
Worthless Democrat Communist moronic post in progress:
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1180101 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because israel and Palestine hate each other is no excuse for the hate mongering spread by you and yours. We should work toward securing peace in the regiion and that is not going to happen if we continue to ignore israel's vast human rights violations.
"nutsucker000"
hamas does not commit human rights violations? Sending rockets, what 3000 to date into civilian areas is not a civil rights violation? You must be on board with nancy pelousi who claims hamas is a humanitarian institution.
O do have a question for you, are you as stoopid as the posts you offer indicate?
Peace
KMA
GPUAR

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1180102 Aug 4, 2014
al tigre wrote:
Look at this, they're at it again.
WASHINGTON — Department of Veterans Affairs whistle-blowers took turns ripping their own agency during a congressional hearing Tuesday, not only for failing America's veterans and falsifying appointment records, but for retaliating against employees who try to expose safety and ethics violations.
The testimony refers to scores of whistle-blowers nationwide who have been victimized by retribution, with 76 instances now under investigation. "It is clear that the workplace culture in many VA facilities is hostile to whistle-blowers and actively discourages them from coming forward with what is often critical information," says the written testimony. "The number of cases increases daily."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201 ...
But, but, the lying sack of crap and talking chimp Oblamer said he would fix the VA if he was elected

What happened?

Did he lie?

Of course he lied, he's a habitual liar, it's what he does.
Grey Ghost

Simsbury, CT

#1180103 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Naw - Chicago Democrats use bribery all the time.

Ask your stooge Obama, mental freak.

“you know i know”

Since: Oct 07

denver

#1180104 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
House report says Republicans lied & had a f*cking fit about nothing with Benghazi. There was no wrong doing from the White House, Obama was there & engaged. There was no "stand down".
"OMG OMG where was Obama OMG OMG"
"OMG OMG they lied about the video! OMG OMG"
"OMG OMG they withheld military support OMG OMG OMG"
"OMG OMG OMG OMG"
More proof Republicans in Congress don;t give a sh*t about this country & only care about their stupid party.
Americans died

The talking chimp lied

and lied

and lied

then lied some more

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 3 min JackArmStrong 219,296
the larry meber political forum (Jun '11) 7 min Mr Whiny Ferret 77
News Thursday was actually a bad day for Trump 33 min Go Blue Forever 7
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 39 min Ize Found 70,823
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 45 min SweLL GirL 9,195
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,265
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 103,113

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages