Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581890 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1180414 Aug 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do Progressives run from the Arab Spring now? You were very much in support of it.
You have no clue of what happened--do you? What money you ask? Money sent to countries involved in the Arab Spring such as Egypt and Libya. A reward for their uprisings
So, you agree we were directly involved in the Arab Spring in Libya.
I get it,. We NEVER EVER supported Egypt prior to the Arab Spring,.

Just how GD stupid are you???

We were militarily involved in preventing a civilian slaughter in Libya.

Yes we support groups opposed to leaders we don't like and want to see replaced. It was done long before any Arab Spring.

The question is why aren't you in favor of Democracy? The right for people to chose their leaders?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1180415 Aug 5, 2014
...when you are a terrorists...everyone you know is a civilian...

'Analyses of the casualties listed in the daily reports published by the Palestinian Center for Human Rights, a Gaza-based organization operating under Hamas rule, indicate that young males ages 17 to 30 make up a large portion of the fatalities, and a particularly noticeable spike occurs between males ages 21 to 27, a pattern consistent with the age distribution typically found among combatants and military conscripts. Palestinian sources attempt to conceal this discrepancy with their public message by labeling most of these young men as civilians.'

http://www.worldaffairsjournal.org/blog/micha...
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1180416 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Could you turn on the switch to an industrial vacuum and suck out a human life with a beating heart, functioning organs and a central nervous system? And still sleep at night?
If your answer is yes, then you have no room to lecture someone else about morality and sit in judgment.
If no, then, by all means, let's keep the discussion going.
So how many abortions have you had? If you still feel guilty about it then forgive yourself and be happy that those children didn't have to grow up with a nutjob phony Christian evangelical zealot who projects her guilt onto others in the guise of self righteous bullshyt; Morality, my azz.

It's always you sickos who try to act all holier than thou who have done the most fkd up stuff in their lives. The rest of us just live our lives.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1180417 Aug 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I have news, State GOVERNMENTS have been setting policy minimum for years.
Where were you then?
To eliminate pre-existing conditions, you need the mandate.
If you have a mandate you have to define what is considered having coverage.
Its not that f*cking complicated that even a dumbf*ck like you can't get it.
Having regulation does not mean it is not a private industry. Every industry is regulated.
But hey, be a good little whiner & ruin " OMG OMG Obamacare Obamacare OMG OMG OMG.
'STATE' governments....what is that?
Obumbles the Unleader

New York, NY

#1180418 Aug 5, 2014
Obama's glaring and greatest weakness -- namely his inability to make hard decisions in crisis and lead opposing forces through or out of them -- has cost America on every front. It has further divided Washington and our nation and jeopardized our standing with the global community and even our allies, leaving us in a much more unstable place in our world.

Though most people in 2008 seemed to laud Obama's personality as a needed polar opposite to George W. Bush's, especially in an era that required the repairing of international relations, Obama's personality pendulum swing was way too far to the other side.

Without even the experience and skills of a used car salesman, Obam hasn't been able to lead our country through war, divisive crises or emergency conflicts, which often require unpopular actions.

Obama's voting record as an Illinois state senator showed his inability to take a stand in a crisis.

His own Democratic colleagues couldn't understand why he had voted "present" (instead of "yes" or "no") 129 times, including a number of noncommittal tallies on gun rights and abortion.

Lacking substance and executive experience, Obumbles unpresidential style is pitching polarities, demonizing his opposition and casting blame to justify his own divisiveness and inability to bridge gaps.

What America needs now more than ever are leaders like those from decades ago who knew how to agree to disagree agreeably, confronted tough challenges together and advanced our nation forward despite their differences.

There is no hope for America until Obumbles and his scowling wife are busy writing more untruthful autobiographies and selling speeches instead of campaign fundraising, golfing and vacationing from the White House.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1180419 Aug 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of crap as usual Carol. I'm a Christian, active in my church and I also consider myself a liberal. Jesus Himself was a liberal. Most of the liberals I know are Christians.
And stuff the "traditional values" crap Carol. That euphemism has been used to justify everything from slavery to denying women the right to vote.
When Jesus said 'render unto Caesar' wasn't that regressive? That is far form Liberal.
Obumbles the Unleader

New York, NY

#1180420 Aug 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
You're full of crap as usual Carol. I'm a Christian, active in my church and I also consider myself a liberal. Jesus Himself was a liberal. Most of the liberals I know are Christians.
And stuff the "traditional values" crap Carol. That euphemism has been used to justify everything from slavery to denying women the right to vote.
How are you active in your church when you are on Topix practically all day and night seven days a week?
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180421 Aug 5, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Obamacare IS Medicare. Except millions more will be covered. You must think there's a money tree growing in the Rose Garden too.
The middle class are burdened enough already. Those who don't qualify for the free subsidies will be paying out the wazoo in premiums and deductibles.
So you want to do away with the middle class who can't afford health care?
Snap out of it. Please.
That makes ObamaKare Medicaid.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1180422 Aug 5, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you mean like the military dictatorship of Fulgencio Bautista that was supported by the Eisenhower administration which also put the Shah in power in Iran overthrowing its democratically elected president? Or how about the regime of Augusto Pinochet in Chile which was put into power by the Nixon administration again overthrowing a democratically elected president?
You don't know much about history do you Carol?
(Carol busy googling! Chile? HA; she probably can't find it on a map)

(Carol asking Google; are there any black people in Chile?)

(Carol asking Google; "Oopsie! I thought Fulgencio Bautista was that wine I bought one Christmas when I had those Eye-talian neighbors over)

(Carol asking Google: wasn't the Shah our best friend?)

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180423 Aug 5, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ummm..no not the same. her nom de plume was ayn rand.
which of her novel have you actually read?
Hey Rookie!!

Go back and read the 5+ years you missed before you decided to show up here and dispense your lame 'wisdom'. DUH

We've been discussing Annie Rand in detail here for that long.

My screenname was Ayn Rand (unregistered) until one of the nitwits hijacked it and pulled a Waxman.

The nitwit who hijacked my name now uses 'John Galt'.

Patrick likely knows more about Tinkerbell Rand than you know about spreading mulch.

You walk into the middle of years long discussions and consider yourself an expert.

A little humility would serve you well.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1180424 Aug 5, 2014
Al GOre is not a scientist...

'Sea level at Manhattan has been rising at a steady rate since the start of records in the 1850s. The rate of rise has not accelerated or decelerated over the past 160 years. Experts blame it on melting glaciers.'

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/page/2/

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180425 Aug 5, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
I get it,. We NEVER EVER supported Egypt prior to the Arab Spring,.
Just how GD stupid are you???
We were militarily involved in preventing a civilian slaughter in Libya.
Yes we support groups opposed to leaders we don't like and want to see replaced. It was done long before any Arab Spring.
The question is why aren't you in favor of Democracy? The right for people to chose their leaders?
Afterwards we supported the Muslim Brotherhood--explain to me how this group could ever be a US ally. It is stupid to think radical groups have any interest beyond promoting their radical agendas.

There is massive civilian slaughter in Syria and Iraq happening now. Where is the US? Sniveling in the corner as this is jihadist group. You don't replace a dictator for an ideology three times worse.

Democracy involves slaughtering infidels is your logic?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1180426 Aug 5, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist...

'Why Arctic sea ice will vanish in 2013'

http://www.sierraclub.ca/en/AdultDiscussionPl...

and then we have this:

'North West Passage blocked with ice - yachts caught '

'The Northwest Passage after decades of so-called global warming has a dramatic 60% more Arctic ice this year than at the same time last year....'

http://www.sail-world.com/USA/North-West-Pass...
Nostrilis Waxman

New York, NY

#1180427 Aug 5, 2014
Obumbles the Unleader wrote:
<quoted text>How are you active in your church when you are on Topix practically all day and night seven days a week?
Duh. That would be US!!! Me, you and the rest of my sockpuppet delegation!!.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180428 Aug 5, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
When Jesus said 'render unto Caesar' wasn't that regressive? That is far form Liberal.
I like the hypocrisy of the Progressive who rant long on separation of church and state until they want to bash another for not living up to the "Christian" values -whatever a Progressive thinks they are--and then suddenly they are all in for it.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180429 Aug 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal aliens are NOT citizens despite Pelosi's claims to the contrary
Sounds like Roxblos is blowing smoke again.

You'll have to provide a link for that one.

Because it sure smells like another of Roxblow's lies.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180430 Aug 5, 2014
harmonious wrote:
<quoted text>
30 Obama claims he's above dirty political tricks; Clinton proves he lies
29 Obama claims his "bitter" remarks were mangled; then repeats attacks on guns religion and angry people
28 Obama claims never said he wouldn't wear US flag-pin; video shows he did
27 Obama says he did no favors for Rezko; untrue; he lobbied for him
26 Changes story repeatedly re Rezko's help in buying mansion
25 Obama claims he never supported a ban on handguns; he has twice
24 Obama claims stays at UCC as Pastor acknowledged comments were inappropriate; Wright never made this statement
23 Campaign is beholden to "only the people" as unlike McCain/Clinton he does not take lobbyist /PAC money; LIES!
22 Claims campaign never called Canada to say Obama not truthful re wanting leave NAFTA; smoking gun memo proves lied
21 Mrs Obama admits she's never been proud of America; Video disproves Sen. Obama's later claim she was misquoted
20 Claimed would not run for President, as he would not be qualified by 2008: confirmed 3 times to Tim Russert in one 2006 interview
19 Claims famous in Il. for not letting lobbyists even buy him lunch; took from teachers, trial lawyers, hospital admins
18 Claims his parents met at Selma civil rights march; Washington Post noted it occurred 4 yrs after Obama's birth
17 BO claims courageously opposed war in 2002 during US Senate campaign; He did not announce his senate bid until 2003
16 Claims he passes tough Nuclear Law; NYT uncovers he took Nuclear Industry pay-off and watered down the bill
15 Claimed he didn't know Rezko was corrupt when did a real estate deal with him; Chicago papers prove he lied
14 Claims does not accept money from Big Oil: Real Clear Politics proves he lied
13 Denies using his Hopefund PAC to influence endorsers; but the Washington Post reviewed the record and disagreed
12 Claims his State Chair is not a drug company lobbyist; Time magazine cries Bullshit
11 Lies about how much he received in campaign funds from Rezko; forced to significantly increase the amount twice
10 Claims he did not fill out the 1996 candidate questionaire; Politico proves he lied
9 Took credit for achievement of others in Chicago; resume puffing exposed by LA Times
8 Claims he kept no State Senate records; now he changes his story
7 Denies doubling wife's salary was due to becoming US Senator; omits within months he earmarked $1 million for hospital
6 Denied meeting Saddam bagman Auchi; now admits he was at his dinner but does not remember talking to him
5 Denies using his church for politics: IRS disagree
4 Claims he was unaware of Pastor Wrights 911 comments: NYT proves he lied
3 Claims his father was a goat-herd; actually he was a man of privilege
2 Claims not an active Muslim as child; Indonesian paper proves he lied
1 Claims father linked to Kennedys; Washington Post proves he lied
Because this article is so large, it would not allow the links to proof, please refer to the website for the links
Source: http://obamawtf.blogspot.com/2008/05/document...
Obama can't open his mouth without telling lies,yet his sycophants will defend his lies every time.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180431 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
So how many abortions have you had? If you still feel guilty about it then forgive yourself and be happy that those children didn't have to grow up with a nutjob phony Christian evangelical zealot who projects her guilt onto others in the guise of self righteous bullshyt; Morality, my azz.
It's always you sickos who try to act all holier than thou who have done the most fkd up stuff in their lives. The rest of us just live our lives.
You sound like one bitter, angry woman.

Why does feminism always sounds like fascism wearing ugly shoes.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1180432 Aug 5, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
You go lily, you are absolutely right.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1180433 Aug 5, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Insurance has always been controlled by the states. Why in the hell did Progressives think this was a Federal issue?
Grow up and stop the childish name calling. It makes you appear immature.
You said government. Back pedaling much?

Your posts make you appear dumber than sh*t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 4 hr Abc123 3
Tecumseh the prophet 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
john peppercorn the prophet 5 hr Ricardo montobomb 1
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 6 hr ThomasA 24
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 8 hr Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 10 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 10 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages