Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1578998 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1180201 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
You come on here and criticize me for collecting Social Security when it was the Democrats' bright idea and then have the nerve to say your concerned about my "lack of honesty"?
Seriously???
Hypocrite be thy name, nuc.
And shame on you to boot.
you don't need to cash those checks...
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180202 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no bigger manipulator of the truth than the Rupert Murdoch empire which includes your beloved Fox. That is a proven FACT and it is a reason the median age of Fox viewers is 68.8 years.(O'Reilly's average viewer is over 72 years old). Only people who are out of touch with the world swallows their lies.
My beloved FOX? Really?

1. I don't cite FOX, nor do I post their articles.

2. Your assumption has confirmed you're nothing but a rhetoric parrot from the left.
Patrick

United States

#1180203 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Progressives have an active imagination. All this whining and nothing else to offer.
Woodrow Wilson voter with buyers remorse has returned, low we go back to 1914 and the original crimes of the progressives ?

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180204 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Would love to see you" watch homeless family cut off food stamps and welfare die in poverty?
Same kind of loaded question?
Republicans bleed for the fetus but find the homeless and poor moochers.
First you wish to kill Obamacare?
You want to do away with Medicare as well?
Answer that question?
Progressives are totally for fairness, but more importantly, for the Progressive to have the power to define “fairness.”
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180205 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You Progressives have an active imagination. All this whining and nothing else to offer.
It's obvious where she gets her orders from.

How many Topix libs accuse conservatives of watching nothing but FOX, call them racists, say they hate children and the poor...blah, blah, blah. 6 years and counting. Saul would be proud.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180206 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
yada yada yada
Repeat Post number 1,256 in a continuing series of generalizations and "glittering generalities "
Peace
Take it easy Patrick. We don't make fun of you for using the same lines over and over again.
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180207 Aug 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>no, you are left tot he mercy of the table scraps you are tossed like the dog you are...
haven't you ever wondered why i always know the correct facts and you always look like the idiot parrot spewing crap you cannot possibly understand?
LMAO! You're delusional, but at least you stuck to the insults.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180208 Aug 4, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious where she gets her orders from.
How many Topix libs accuse conservatives of watching nothing but FOX, call them racists, say they hate children and the poor...blah, blah, blah. 6 years and counting. Saul would be proud.
Nay, neither her or Patrick has the skills to apply principles of any sort. They copy what they read elsewhere.

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180209 Aug 4, 2014
*have

“Stop child soldiers ”

Location hidden

#1180210 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Woodrow Wilson voter with buyers remorse has returned, low we go back to 1914 and the original crimes of the progressives ?
If I was alive when Wilson was POTUS, I wouldn't have voted for him. However, you are right him and Teddy were the start of the Progressive movement.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1180211 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What you neglect to understand - or fail to grasp - or can't get your head around - is many Democrats up for reelection now wish to gracious Obamacare had been repealed.
The GOP would have done them and all of us a favor. Obamacare is already a huge chaotic mess and it's only just begun.
You act like they wanted to repeal something that's actually going to work. Obamacare was a failure right out of the starting gate.
Wait until a huge number of Americans find out in a few more months they no longer have employer-based insurance and will have to pay thousands up front just to see a physician.
You will regret having been so blind.
You are deflecting. Your claim was that if Obama had not "wasted time" on the Affordable Care Act, he could have spent more time dealing with other important issue. Fact is, Obama only spent about one year getting the Affordable Care Act passed while it is the Republicans in Congress that have been wasting time fighting it. You can't sweep that FACT under the rug.
Patrick

United States

#1180213 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You are deflecting. Your claim was that if Obama had not "wasted time" on the Affordable Care Act, he could have spent more time dealing with other important issue. Fact is, Obama only spent about one year getting the Affordable Care Act passed while it is the Republicans in Congress that have been wasting time fighting it. You can't sweep that FACT under the rug.
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security.

Anne Rand herself received Social Security payments and Medicare benefits under the name of Ann O'Connor .

St. Croix valley

#1180214 Aug 4, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO! You're delusional, but at least you stuck to the insults.
no i stick with facts, so not delusional at all. if you can show where i have strayed from the facts, please point it out to me.
Patrick

United States

#1180215 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
What you neglect to understand - or fail to grasp - or can't get your head around - is the number of people who are abusing and manipulating a broken system.
And taking advantage of Obama's naivety.
Nancy Pelosi wants you to believe conservatives don't care about children. Don't be another liberal stooge.
No one is going to take away food stamps for those its meant to help. Fixing a broken system is just common sense. Pelosi has none. Do you??
"No one is going to take away food stamps for those its meant to help."
Rather broad generalization
You want to end Medicare?

St. Croix valley

#1180216 Aug 4, 2014
King James wrote:
<quoted text> struck a nerve
had no point or reason for you post...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1180217 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Would love to see you and Lily witness an actual abortion. Better yet, for both of you to turn on that industrial strength vacuum and suck a human being into it.
My hope is your and Lily's sanctimonious ignorance would go right out the window.
My fear, however, is that you both would do it and give each other a high five afterwards.
Could you suck a human being with a heartbeat and functioning organs and a central nervous system into an industrial strength vacuum? And still be able to sleep at night?
How many unwanted children have you adopted? I would suggest you should watch the autopsy of an unwanted baby who has been tortured and beaten. My hope is "you and your sactimonious ignorance will go right out the window." Better to die as an unthinking, unfeeling polywog than as a an abused, starved child.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1180218 Aug 4, 2014
woodtick57 wrote:
<quoted text>ectly why Israel is retaliating against the stick pokers...and they do have a bombs... you should be glad they haven't used them yet...
so what were those tunnels into israel for? to place mints onthe jews pillows in the evening or to kill them?
how long would you allow your enemy to do such things before you retaliated? you are lucky they haven't lined up teh dozers and flattened Gaza and all within it and turned it into a real state where goods and services can be produced that add to teh planet...
Israeli's oppressive polices are the enemy. To bad you can't accept that FACT. The rethug rhetoric of demanding to see the Palesinians pushed into the see or bulldozed into oblivian will be the death of israel.

St. Croix valley

#1180219 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
while also righting the overturned Bush economy, dealing with the beginnings of the arab spring, the ending of the Iraq war, the finishing of the real war against terrorism bush ran from in afghanistan..

yeah...so much wasted time...

St. Croix valley

#1180220 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Republicans opposed Medicare and Social Security.
Anne Rand herself received Social Security payments and Medicare benefits under the name of Ann O'Connor .
Ayn Rand?

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1180221 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, "it's" BAAACK. And, what follows will be the comedy hour.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min ImPeach 242,524
last post wins! (Dec '10) 3 hr honeymylove 3,202
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr honeymylove 2,603
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Ricky F 105,230
Looking for a girl 4 hr Tyrone Harris 5
Hire Dedicated PHP Developers For 1 Week Free! 5 hr Medma Infomatix 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 6 hr SweLL GirL 11,160

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages