Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1509132 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1180040 Aug 4, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Just like your 'leader...."
"Make the lie big, make it simple, keep saying it, and eventually they will believe it."
- Adolf Hitler
I like your comedy channel.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1180041 Aug 4, 2014
Jake Trapper: BREAKING Israel signs off on Egyptian cease-fire proposal, government spokesman tell CNN
molly bolts

Boston, MA

#1180042 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I go out of my way to find credible sources just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.
One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.
Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.
Incredible and unsettling at the same time.
Boy, when you're right, you're right!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180043 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The guy appointed to execute and enforce the laws wants to be the one to interpret them, originate them and selectively enforce them at will.
And then dis them when he feels like it.
Kenyan Tribal Chieftain
Dreams From My Marxist C*ckhound Father has become America's Nightmare.
Obama is "hatin' on America", to use his own Harvard Law lingo....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180044 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously. I go out of my way to find credible sources just to prove when Realtime is out of the loop by posting what's being reported in the headlines.
One time I really did find a New York Times article that backed up something I had posted which he insisted was gibberish.
Even posting the link to the article, he wouldn't budge from his high horse.
Incredible and unsettling at the same time.
the old drunk is just playing with you....

maybe he wants a date....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180045 Aug 4, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Why not? They had just as much right to be there as israeli forces.
When Kerry announced the ceasefire deal, he said Israel and Hamas will “cease all offensive military activities and NEITHER side will advance beyond its current locations.” The only way to insure that the IDF didn't advance their way through the tunnels was to retain their positions. Odds are...both sides were advancing. Israel can't be trusted anymore than Hamas.
"In a statement published to its website, Hamas’ military wing, the Izz ad-Din al-Qassam Brigades, said that Israel used the cease-fire to advance troops and likely clashed with advancing Hamas forces. The Israeli soldier is likely dead, according to Hamas, as are all the Hamas troops involved."
the old lady in the pants suit supports Israel.....

live with it.....
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1180046 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me figure out your reasoning here.
Because Microsoft News posted a Time article it makes it somehow less than an article from Time? You surely are not that illogical
The information is a Brookings Institute report? Are you claiming Brookings is right-wing? If so, that is laughable
The Brookings Institute used census data. Are you saying the census bureau is dishonest?
Really, what is your complaint here other than you didn't like what it stated.
Opinion pieces mean squat__the authors opinion__not worth arguing really.
molly bolts

Boston, MA

#1180047 Aug 4, 2014
Hey, DB, where'd you buy that fan you were talking about that fits in your ass crack?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1180048 Aug 4, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I like your comedy channel.
I'm sure you do son.

I'm sure these quotes bring back old memories for you....
bob apples

Boston, MA

#1180049 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Like a cat with a ball of yarn

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1180050 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Arguing or discussing from a position of vanity is fruitless. Pride goes before a fall and any attempts to brag about your knowledge of world events and science will come back to bite you in the azz eventually. A Pompous Azz is a sitting target.
Shove a cafeteria tray down the back of your skivvies, brutha':-)
So it's my fault you were clueless about Ford hating Stalin and Communists?? LOL

I said you were brighter than some of these idiots, but not by much.

You just proved that.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1180051 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact, Jack, is that those outside the South voted yes & those within the South voted no.
It passed with majorities in both parties voting for it. So, Jack, you lied.
House vote
Dem. 152-96
Rep. 138-34
(I.e.for dumbass TSM, the Republicans alone did not have the votes to pass it)
Senate Vote
Dem: 46-21`
Rep 27-6
Now if we look by region & at the votes by Southern legislators vs those outside the South:
House
Southern Dems 7-87
Southern Rep 0-10
"northern" Dems 145 -9
"northern" Rep 138-24
Senate
Southern Dems: 1-20
Southern Rep 0-1
Northern Dem: 45-1
Northern Rep - 27-5
It had nothing to do with political party. He was regional.
One day you dumbf*ck whiners will learn this instead of posting the same lies that TSM & Carol do all the time.
Always try to make it a point to say not all Democrats were Southern Democrats. And not all Republicans voted for all civil rights legislation.

But, historically, the South predominantly bred racism by the institution of slavery - although not exclusively - and Republicans predominantly passed every piece of civil rights legislation with the majority of votes even though many Democrats did too.

It's when liberals like nuc accuse conservatives as an entire group of being racist for honest dissent against a president's ideology who also happens to be black, it's time to set the record straight.

All of this racism nonsense has to end. Obama erased all the progress that had been made between the races and set us back 40 years by his divisive rhetoric.

Most Americans have long since moved on. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society and it's been that way for decades. Now too many of us look at each other again with the same old suspicions that weren't there before 2008 and are completely unnecessary.

Again, progressive liberals want power at any cost and by any means necessary. Even if it means pitting us against each other. Obama has made it an art form.

Location hidden

#1180052 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion pieces mean squat__the authors opinion__not worth arguing really.
Yet Roxblow is the first to criticize others for posting 'opinion pieces'.

Except when they're hers.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1180053 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, and I paid for the generation before me. That's what the Democrats wanted. So stop complaining about your own party's brilliant ideas if you're going to support more of them.
The question was for Grey - about his values. But since you piped in, what are yours?
I asked first.
If they support Obama,they expect you to abandon your morals,values, and principles.
bob apples

Boston, MA

#1180054 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the old lady in the pants suit supports Israel.....
live with it.....
Well blow me down! If it ain't Beth Shalom

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1180056 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Opinion pieces mean squat__the authors opinion__not worth arguing really.
It was listed under the news section. So much for that claim.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1180057 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You're probably right. He doesn't seem to like strong women. Not sure how he feels about women in general. But he's always been condescending to me. That's all I know.

Location hidden

#1180058 Aug 4, 2014
Cochran foe challenges GOP Senate primary loss

""The tea party-backed lawmaker defeated by U.S. Sen. Thad Cochran in Mississippi's Republican primary said Monday that he has formally challenged the election's outcome with the state GOP.

State Sen. Chris McDaniel filed the challenge with the Mississippi GOP state executive committee over Cochran's June 24 runoff victory, McDaniel attorney Mitch Tyner said during a news conference.

McDaniel has called the June 24 runoff a "sham" and excoriated Cochran for seeking votes from "liberal Democrats." While McDaniel stops short of mentioning race, Mississippi is a state where Democrat is often synonymous with black. Cochran says there's nothing wrong with seeking support from Democrats and independents — it's something he's done for decades.

While Mississippi courts have ordered some new local elections, there has been no court-ordered do-over of a statewide election in at least the past six decades of records reviewed by The Associated Press. Tyner has said he had found no examples of a Mississippi court ever ordering a new statewide vote.""

----------

Mississippi racism in action.

Hasn't changed all that much.

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1180059 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Yet Roxblow is the first to criticize others for posting 'opinion pieces'.
Except when they're hers.
Clueless as always. I didn't post the article and realtime is lying. The article appeared under us/news.

Move along.

Location hidden

#1180060 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Always try to make it a point to say not all Democrats were Southern Democrats. And not all Republicans voted for all civil rights legislation.
But, historically, the South predominantly bred racism by the institution of slavery - although not exclusively - and Republicans predominantly passed every piece of civil rights legislation with the majority of votes even though many Democrats did too.
It's when liberals like nuc accuse conservatives as an entire group of being racist for honest dissent against a president's ideology who also happens to be black, it's time to set the record straight.
All of this racism nonsense has to end. Obama erased all the progress that had been made between the races and set us back 40 years by his divisive rhetoric.
Most Americans have long since moved on. Blacks have taken their rightful place in society and it's been that way for decades. Now too many of us look at each other again with the same old suspicions that weren't there before 2008 and are completely unnecessary.
Again, progressive liberals want power at any cost and by any means necessary. Even if it means pitting us against each other. Obama has made it an art form.
So this lack of racism you profess allows you to post fake pictures of Obama's mother, make outrageous claims about who his father 'just might be', insult him personally, and took part in the birfer conspiracy.

That's the problem with you. You keep insisting you're not a racist, and the next moment you're calling blacks stupid for becoming dependent and on the democrat plantation and wondering when they'll 'smarten up'.

So Obama won heavily among Jews. Should they 'smarten up'??

You really think that isn't racist thinking??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 239,551
Obama has LEAK under sink. 2 hr TroyTheRealPlumber 39
Graduation in Detroit. 2 hr Beyond Stoooopid 3
The Scoop on Weiner. 3 hr Weiners A weiner 4
Local Politics Do you approve of Michael Madigan as ? 3 hr HANG MADIGAN 3
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 8,068
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 6 hr Patriot AKA Bozo 63,569

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages