Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1566342 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1179999 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more concerned about your lack of honesty as a value.
Calling your bigotry a 'traditional value' is about as dishonest as you can get, eh??
What bigotry, nuc?? What bigotry??

Wanting to preserve the traditional definition of marriage and allowing gays the same rights?
Is that bigotry in your warped brainwashed mind?

Being pro life and expecting women to exercise more responsibility in their sexual behavior before creating an unwanted life?

Honest dissent against a radical liberal president who is changing the face of this nation with his pen and cellphone against my will and that of my entire party's?
Is that bigotry in your warped and brainwashed mind?

Demanding parents be given a choice in their child's education to get out of the rut of poverty?

Expecting the free market to be let loose to create jobs and incentives so more people will have the same opportunities to be less dependent with a working income and dignity?

So what bigotry exactly am I being accused?

Please, for crying out loud, tell me.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1180000 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
The 1960 Segergationist Southern Democrats all became Repugnetards, after Kennedy/Johnson went big on Civil Rights....and she knows that.
Ronald Reagan. Strom Thurmond. Jesse Helms. So many others.
Carol creates history like a Bible story. Not a lot of facts there, but it sounds pretty.
Hey Realslime! Here you go!

That's an opinion piece babe__from a poor memory aggregator__and it's bullcht.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHA......

If you can't make points in the present then drop back a hundred years into the fog of history to conjure up some "facts". Funny stuff, babee:-)
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1180001 Aug 4, 2014
YYYY GUY wrote:
<quoted text>
Obsessed with trying to bully Carol is more accurate. Oh, and you're failing miserably.
Republicans always view reality and the facts as being bullied. I guess in that respect they are undermanned and helpless,

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1180002 Aug 4, 2014
... typo....

The Democrats are saying Obama will declare himself dictator this month and start writing his own laws. The Constitution does not give the President the authority to give amnesty to anyone in violation of a law. As for violations of the law, the Constitution only allows the President to grant an individual a pardon. The Constitution commands the President "take care the laws are faithfully enforced". Obama says he's going to declare himself dictator and write his own immigration law.
So, if there is a significant opposition to Obama declaring a dictatorship, do you think Obama will order the DHS to use those 2,700 tanks they have to enforce the dictatorship?
Do you think Americans will give up the Constitution after Obama declares himself dictator?
YYYY GUY

United States

#1180004 Aug 4, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Give it a rest, Realtime. You've discredited every article I've ever posted including CNN, USA Today, MSN and even the New York Times if it backed up my argument and proved you wrong and out of the loop.
Realslime typing his two favorite words --¨mindless drivel¨-- does not discredit anything, no matter how high the horse he thinks he sits on.

Lapeer, MI

#1180005 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I like it when you get angry and moralize!!
You never could push your bullshit past me, Carol. That's not gonna change.
That's right, carol. You can't slip bullshit past a lifelong bullshitter.

In fact, he's so damned good at bullshitting that you can't even slip the Truth past him!

Now how's *that* for talent, huh?

This guy's a Master :-)

Lapeer, MI

#1180006 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm more concerned about your lack of honesty as a value.
Calling your bigotry a 'traditional value' is about as dishonest as you can get, eh??
Calling your bigotry a basis for political partisanship is about as dishonest as you can get, eh??
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180007 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact, Jack, is that those outside the South voted yes & those within the South voted no.
It passed with majorities in both parties voting for it. So, Jack, you lied.
House vote
Dem. 152-96
Rep. 138-34
(I.e.for dumbass TSM, the Republicans alone did not have the votes to pass it)
Senate Vote
Dem: 46-21`
Rep 27-6
Now if we look by region & at the votes by Southern legislators vs those outside the South:
House
Southern Dems 7-87
Southern Rep 0-10
"northern" Dems 145 -9
"northern" Rep 138-24
Senate
Southern Dems: 1-20
Southern Rep 0-1
Northern Dem: 45-1
Northern Rep - 27-5
It had nothing to do with political party. He was regional.
One day you dumbf*ck whiners will learn this instead of posting the same lies that TSM & Carol do all the time.
"What difference does it make" who voted for or against a bad bill 50 years ago.....

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1180008 Aug 4, 2014
Maddy wrote:
$7,060,259,674,497.51--Federal Debt Up $7 Trillion Under Obama August 4, 2014 - 4:04 AM
( CNSNews.com )- The total federal debt of the U.S. government has now increased more than $7 trillion during the slightly more than five and a half years Barack Obama has been president.
That is more than the debt increased under all U.S. presidents from George Washington through Bill Clinton combined, and it is more debt than was accumulated in the first 227 years of this nation's existence--from 1776 through 2003.
The total federal debt first passed the $7-trillion mark on Jan. 15, 2004, after President George W. Bush had been in office almost three years.
federal-debt
When President Obama took office on Jan. 20, 2009, the total federal debt was $10,626,877,048,913.08. As of the close of business on July 30, 2014, it had risen to $17,618,599,653,160.19--up $6,991,722,604,247.11 from Obama’s first inauguration day.
By the close of business on July 31, 2014, it had risen to $17,687,136,723,410.59—up $7,060,259,674,497.51 since Obama first inauguration day.
As of June, there were 115,097,000 households in the United States, according to the U.S. Census Bureau. The $17,687,136,723,410.59 in debt the federal government had accumulated as of the end of July equaled $153,671.57 per household.
The $7,060,259,674,497.51 in new debt that the federal government has taken on during Obama’s presidency equals $61,341.82 per household.
The median household income in the United States in 2012 (the latest year estimated) was $51,017. Thus, President Obama has increased the federal debt by more than the typical household’s annual income.
==========
WOW and not in a good way!
The debt increased a grand total of 5.5 trillion dollars during the war the Arab Islamists started between September, 2001 and January, 2009. Without a war (Obama ordered all combat cease and all US forces to retreat in Afghanistan in his first month as President, and declared Iraq a stable democracy) the debt increased over 7 trillion dollars since Obama was named President.
What's worse, the Democrats are so incompetent they can't even generate a budget. There's no plan whatsoever to halt government spending increase and the ludicrous and suicidal debt increase.
Even the government of Zimbabwe can generate a budget. The Democrats aren't even as competent as the government of Zimbabwe.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1180009 Aug 4, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
let's look at the facts....
non-union supermarkets are prospering and union supermarkets are closing.....
but there is no correlation....
Hah, that's some funny chit pal.

You don't know dik on the subject.

Since: May 11

Chambersburg, PA

#1180010 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave proved something besides he knows how to regurgitate party line bullshit? I noticed you forgot to put that proof here. How about you go back and copy and paste that proof for us, dupe.
Now, back to the issue you run away from....
You continually run away from the issue. The Democrats are saying Obama will declare himself dictator this month and start writing his own laws. The Constitution does not give the President to give amnesty to anyone in violation of a law. The Constitution commands the President "take care the laws are faithfully enforced". Obama says he's going to declare himself dictator and write his own immigration law.
So, if there is a significant opposition to Obama declaring a dictatorship, do you think Obama will order the DHS to use those 2,700 tanks they have to enforce the dictatorship?
Do you think Americans will give up the Constitution after Obama declares himself dictator?
I shoved your 2700 tank lie down your lying POS throat.

Speaking of proof, prove that the administration is buying 2700 tanks for DHS. Maybe you can post the spammed e-mail you read that on so we can all know what a dumbsh*t you are.

Lapeer, MI

#1180011 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
I did enjoy the Ford/Russia talk.
You're better informed than many here, yet you rarely show it.
Arguing or discussing from a position of vanity is fruitless. Pride goes before a fall and any attempts to brag about your knowledge of world events and science will come back to bite you in the azz eventually. A Pompous Azz is a sitting target.
Shove a cafeteria tray down the back of your skivvies, brutha':-)
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1180012 Aug 4, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
The fact, Jack, is that those outside the South voted yes & those within the South voted no.
It passed with majorities in both parties voting for it. So, Jack, you lied.
House vote
Dem. 152-96
Rep. 138-34
(I.e.for dumbass TSM, the Republicans alone did not have the votes to pass it)
Senate Vote
Dem: 46-21`
Rep 27-6
Now if we look by region & at the votes by Southern legislators vs those outside the South:
House
Southern Dems 7-87
Southern Rep 0-10
"northern" Dems 145 -9
"northern" Rep 138-24
Senate
Southern Dems: 1-20
Southern Rep 0-1
Northern Dem: 45-1
Northern Rep - 27-5
It had nothing to do with political party. He was regional.
One day you dumbf*ck whiners will learn this instead of posting the same lies that TSM & Carol do all the time.
RealDave no matter how you try to rearrange the chairs the Facts are 21 Democrats voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act while only 6 Republicans!! 90% of Republicans supported Black Legislation while 80% of Democrats opposed it!! The Civil Rights Act of 64 was passed by Republicans!!

Location hidden

#1180013 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
An opinion piece that uses data garnered from respectable sources.
Hee, Hee.
Calling your post an "opinion piece" would be hilarious.
Problem for Realtime is that article was not an Op/Ed piece.

http://news.msn.com/us/the-rise-of-suburban-p...

Unless Josh Sanburn of TIME is an opinion piece. MSN got that article from TIME.com .

http://time.com/author/josh-sanburn/

Josh Sanburn is a writer-reporter for the Briefing section, writing for the World, Milestones and Economy pages as well as contributing articles for the Culture section, TIME.com and NewsFeed.

What's disturbing is how desperate some people become before admitting they're wrong. It's hard to admit, I know. But sometimes you just have to deal with it and move on.

Realtime is a die-hard liberal desperate to be right. No matter what. Too many are just like him. That's the biggest problem this nation faces.

Lapeer, MI

#1180014 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>I'm only focused on your lies and bluster babe.
Telling us that you're focusing on her lies and bluster tells us just how intently *unfocused* you are, brutha':-).
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180015 Aug 4, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Hah, that's some funny chit pal.
You don't know dik on the subject.
go back to your barstool, old man, until you have something to say....
Gazagas

Houston, TX

#1180016 Aug 4, 2014
I will dig a tunnel and fart it in. Hummus farts are the best.
el perfecto

Boston, MA

#1180017 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
... typo....
The Democrats are saying Obama will declare himself dictator this month and start writing his own laws. The Constitution does not give the President the authority to give amnesty to anyone in violation of a law. As for violations of the law, the Constitution only allows the President to grant an individual a pardon. The Constitution commands the President "take care the laws are faithfully enforced". Obama says he's going to declare himself dictator and write his own immigration law.
In truth, DB, if the TEA were to become an "official" party, it would be a 35th party.
But if that isn't enough to convince you that it's a completely idiotic idea, how about the fact that it would literally split the GOP and ensure the Marxists retain power.

Are you so angry that you're willing to destroy the country, just to teach the RINO a lesson?
How about redirecting that anger into something c

Location hidden

#1180018 Aug 4, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Clinton's 1992 campaign promise to "end welfare as we have come to know it" came to fruition with the Republican-sponsored Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act bill which he signed into law.
Afterwards, the NY Times went nuts on him crying about "children in poverty".
"Do it for the children!" again. Some things never change, do they?!!!
Hee, Hee.
I remember distinctly the news reports after the Welfare Reform bill was passed. The numbers of people on welfare had diminished significantly and - miraculously - people were finding employment and making arrangements for child care with family and friends to be able to go to work.

It's much easier now to have more kids to pick up a bigger check. Obama seems to have planned it that way.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1180019 Aug 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
RealDave no matter how you try to rearrange the chairs the Facts are 21 Democrats voted against the 1964 Civil Rights Act while only 6 Republicans!! 90% of Republicans supported Black Legislation while 80% of Democrats opposed it!! The Civil Rights Act of 64 was passed by Republicans!!
the 1964 Civil Rights Act targeted the Southern states and ignored the institutional racism of the Northern states, often far worse than that in the South....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 242,295
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr JoJo Gunne 11,027
Trump Just Sux 7 hr They cannot kill ... 95
Trump Twilight Zone 10 hr Slog 1
OVERALL CDST of electric autos. 11 hr PRECC 3
That's all your good for God!!! 12 hr doG mnaDde lHyo i... 1
____ POPE & ISRAEL Agreement :: *7 YR TRIB ____ 12 hr tesr 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages