Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1496950 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1179784 Aug 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Israel was permitted to search for and dismantle tunnels during the ceasefire. Yes, Hamas violated a ceasefire by being in those tunnels. Holding ground? LOL. What is the purpose of a tunnel?
Your allegiance to Israel if baffling. And just how would Hamas know which tunnels that Israel knew about and which ones they did not. I guess you propose that Hamas wear shirts saying...Hey shoot me I'm Hamas. If I were there any Jew that approached me would be shot. If you are in my city carrying a gun and you get near me,,,Get real silly. Then make such a big deal of one of theirs getting killed, how frigging hypocritical can you get.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1179786 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong!!
Ford despised Stalin and Communism, nitwit.
Ford admired Hitler, though.
Ford sold the Soviets his outdated Model A technology, just as he was switching to new engines (V8) and body styles (Model B).
He made them pay cash for all of it, charged them through the nose. Stalin knew he needed a modern transport system and was willing to pay cash.
Ford believed that they would see the wisdom of capitalism and abandon communism.
He was dead wrong.
But to say he was Stalin's admirer proves you don't know squat, once again.
----------
""By 1929, Amtorg had managed to negotiate a formal licensing agreement with the Ford Motor Company, a contract to build in Soviet Russia both Ford trucks and cars. With the assistance of Ford and other American firms, Stalin ordered the construction of a mega industrial complex at Gorky (present day Nizhny Novgorod). This city in the heartland of Russia, east of Moscow, soon became the Soviet Detroit, a reputation it retains to this day. The Soviets learned to their chagrin that Henry Ford drove a hard bargain on any contract, requiring hard currency for all his designs, equipment, and technical assistance. Signed in May 1929, Ford agreed to oversee the construction of the Gorky facility, which would manufacture Model A cars and trucks. In return, the Soviets agreed (read guaranteed) to order no less than 72,000 unassembled Fords with spare parts for the next nine years. Even on details, Henry Ford was unrelenting in his demands, for example insisting that the Soviets pay for the travel, housing, and subsistence of his technicians sent to Gorky to assist in the gargantuan task of cloning River Rouge. The price tag for the Ford licensing agreement was high, but the benefits were manifest: the Soviet Union could create in one quantum leap a new and modern transport sector.
For the Ford Motor Company the deal with the Russians was not only profitable, it was very timely. Unwittingly, Amtorg had purchased the Model A technology at the very moment Henry Ford had decided to abandon it for a new generation of designs and to introduce the V-8 engine. Transferring this Model A technology to the Soviet Union proved to be an effective way to unload what had become an obsolescent technology. Moreover, the multi-year contract set the stage for future deals with the Russians on newer designs of Ford trucks and automobiles. The Russians dubbed their new Fords the GAZ-A (a copy of the Model A sedan) and the GAZ-AA (a truck to appear in more than one incarnation). Later, in World War II, the GAZ AA won fame during the siege of Leningrad as the prime vehicle to deliver supplies across frozen Lake Ladoga. The acronym GAZ stood for Gorkovsky Avtomobilnyy Zavod, or the Gorky automobile plant. This GAZ name endures to the present time, being associated with a wide variety of cars, trucks, buses, and special vehicles. In reality, the first GAZ-A and GAZ-AA vehicles were assembled from kits sent to Russia from Michigan. It would take several years before the Russians were able to manufacture their own components, engines, and accessories. This process of adaptation, however, took place in a relatively short time frame. By 1935, the Soviets had produced 100,000 Ford-designed vehicles.""
So, what you're saying is, Henry Ford imposed capitalism on the Soveit Union, right?
Can you tell us why you admire this and belong to a political party run by communists. One would think you're either delusional or ignorant... or both.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1179787 Aug 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Your allegiance to Israel if baffling. And just how would Hamas know which tunnels that Israel knew about and which ones they did not. I guess you propose that Hamas wear shirts saying...Hey shoot me I'm Hamas. If I were there any Jew that approached me would be shot. If you are in my city carrying a gun and you get near me,,,Get real silly. Then make such a big deal of one of theirs getting killed, how frigging hypocritical can you get.
If you're going to start a war with Israel, don't hide behind women and children because you think Israel might know where the tunnels are that you killed hundreds of children building with the money we gave you to build infrastructure and schools.
You built the tunnels to fight a war with Israel. Use the tunnels you built in your war against Israel. Or, perhaps you didn't build the tunnels to fight your war with Israel. Perhaps you built the tunnels to send terrorists into Israel. And now you're hiding behind women and children because Israel knows where your tunnels are.
You wanted a war with Israel. You got the war you wanted with Israel. And now your whining and crying about Israel beating the crap out of you and hiding behind women and children.
That's who you are.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1179789 Aug 4, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then you are even a bigger fool that I imagined, I served 21 years protecting morons like you of which at the moment I'm not sure that idiots like you were worth saving. I'm also betting there are a number of Americans living near you that need the help far more than the greedy lying assed Jews do...Good little American...You idiot.
You got thrown out of the reserves.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179790 Aug 4, 2014
Back in 2000 Charlie Rose/Tom Brokaw had questions “Who’s Obama” today this question is still relevant!!
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1179791 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're going to start a war with Israel, don't hide behind women and children because you think Israel might know where the tunnels are that you killed hundreds of children building with the money we gave you to build infrastructure and schools.
You built the tunnels to fight a war with Israel. Use the tunnels you built in your war against Israel. Or, perhaps you didn't build the tunnels to fight your war with Israel. Perhaps you built the tunnels to send terrorists into Israel. And now you're hiding behind women and children because Israel knows where your tunnels are.
You wanted a war with Israel. You got the war you wanted with Israel. And now your whining and crying about Israel beating the crap out of you and hiding behind women and children.
That's who you are.
You are way to fkn warped to even discus anything with. You should be out celebrating Obama's birthday, you moron. Hows that leg monitor working out?

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1179792 Aug 4, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Fox News analyst Juan Williams on Sunday confronted the CEO of the Heritage Foundation for his role in “demonizing” President Barack Obama to the point that many all-white tea partiers were calling for impeachment.
During a panel discussion on Fox News just moments after Rep. Steve King (R-IA) suggested impeaching the president, host Chris Wallace asked Heritage CEO Michael Needham if there was grassroots support for impeachment hearings.
“The trouble with a lawless president is it’s very difficult to constrain him because he doesn’t care about the law,” Needham opined.“He’s totally out of control.”
“He’s a lawless president?” National Journal‘s Ron Fournier interrupted.“Is that really a phrase you want? He’s a lawless president? Completely lawless?”
Needham argued that Republicans were suing Obama instead of impeaching him because “they’re trying to find a way to constrain a lawless president.”
Williams, however, said that it was exactly that kind of talk that was creating a groundswell for impeachment.
“You listen to Michael, and you understand why there are lots of Republicans who think,‘This man’s a demon, this guy’s awful, we got to get this guy out of here any way we can, he’s breaking the law,’” Williams explained.“I hear this on talk radio, I hear this in conservative columns, that people are saying they think this guy’s way over the line. And then they say, we got to find a way to get him.”
blah... blah... blah...
The people have written immigration laws.
These immigration laws are being violated.
The Constitution does not give the President the authority to grant amnesty to any person or group of people violating the law.
Please tell us why the Democrats are telling the country Obama plans to violate the Constitution and write his own immigration law this month.
You do realize that the difference between the United States of America and a dictatorship is, here in the United States of America the people write the laws, and in a dictatorship the head of state writes the laws and can select people to grant amnesty to after they violated the law, right?
So, tell us why the Democrats are telling the Country Obama will write his own immigration law this month. What's wrong with the people writing the laws?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1179793 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Ever since I proved you to be a liar you have concocted that lie, What you think means nothing to anyone that knows just what a liar and demented psycho that you are. I guess it makes an idiot like you feel better about your lying service record...By the way have you learned how to spell Sergeant yet..BWAAAA LMAO
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179794 Aug 4, 2014
Obama/Holder disrespect for the Constitution and the Rule of Law isn’t complicated both has been educated by radicals!!
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1179797 Aug 4, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
Another liberal cross-eyed moron defending terrorists:
<quoted text>
Grey ghost wouldn't be defending any one if Obama wasn't occupying the White House. Pops thinks that everything Obama does is perfect,because his father (who he meet for a few minutes) was a British Kenyan Subject. Go figure?
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1179799 Aug 4, 2014
al tigre wrote:
You're right there, it's a transparency thing... DC is a cesspool of liberal haters.
lol! Yep! Especially from the conservatives!!!

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1179800 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is, Henry Ford imposed capitalism on the Soveit Union, right?
Can you tell us why you admire this and belong to a political party run by communists. One would think you're either delusional or ignorant... or both.
Where did it say that??

Ford was a businessman, not a politician, you moron!!

You're crazy as ever, making shit up.

that was as dumb as your Gov't Shutdown craziness!!

Still talking to your TV, Dweeb??

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Location hidden

#1179802 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a draft dodger hiding in Russia.

Location hidden

#1179803 Aug 4, 2014
TSM wrote:
Back in 2000 Charlie Rose/Tom Brokaw had questions “Who’s Obama” today this question is still relevant!!
Funny, you seem to know him.

You've been whining about him for 6 years.

You're pretty stupid, y'know??
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1179804 Aug 4, 2014
Chicagoan by Birth wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah and when Ghostie quotes out of context we might find she doesn't know very much about the subject what so ever..
lol! Son, you don't even know the US Constitution so you're out of your league when you talk about others!!!

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1179805 Aug 4, 2014
Grim Reaper wrote:
<quoted text>
Voted: Clueless 2 Nut 2 Incorrect 2
Obama was never qualified to be a president of anything.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1179806 Aug 4, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would Hamas be in a tunnel during a truce or ceasefire?
Because they're being shot at?

Location hidden

#1179807 Aug 4, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what you're saying is, Obama and the Democrats turning the DHS into a large scale war machine was just another stupid thing the Democrats did, right?
So, why does the DHS need 2,700 tanks, 7,000 machine guns, and 2 BILLION rounds of ammunition?
Name the countries in the world that have 2,700 tanks in their military.(It won't take long. That list is very short.)
In the United States of America, the laws ar written by the people. The Constitution gives only Congress the authoriy to write any law. It also commands the President to "take care that the laws be faithfully executed". In the United States of America, the President does not have the authority to give amnesty to illegal aliens. In the United States of America, the President must enforce the laws written by the people.
If the President can exempt anyone from compliance with any law, such as pretending he has the authority to give amnesty to illegal aliens, then you do not live in the United States of America.
If the place where you live used to be in the United States of America, then you now live in some other country. If you are told you must comply with the unconstitutional act of the President, you live in a fascis country.
Obviously the Speaker of the House is part of this conspiracy to execute a coup and overthrow the government of the United States. Without Congress taking action, the United States of American will only be saved by the people. And that is why the Democrats are preparing for a large scale war with the American people by turning the Department of "Homeland Security" into one of the largest and well armed military units in world.
Had enough yet?
It's all in storage for Israel.

Israel basically uses the USA as it's weapons and money supplier.

As you've often pointed out, the Jews in Israel are running America.

All these weapons are paid for you and I and provided free to Israel to allow them to commit genocide.

“Constitutionalis t”

Spring, TX

#1179808 Aug 4, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a shut-in.
Why not take a walk and enjoy the day?
Are you off medication?
Obama was elected solely because of his Skin color!! Obama the first affirmative action/radical President in U.S. history!!
The American People having Buyer’s Remorse, like Malcolm X said,‘America’s Chickens are coming home to roost!"

Electing an enemy of the United States to be President may cause the end of our existence. If we survive this, then you can conclude there is something very special about the Constitutional Republic of the United States of America.
Lily Boca Raton FL

Boca Raton, FL

#1179809 Aug 4, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't really know anything about her, but if she married that loser, she must have issues.
I men, look at the dude!! All slackjawed like a fool.
Amazing what some women will do

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 5 min Rogue Scholar 05 237,485
last post wins! (Apr '13) 35 min honeymylove 2,297
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 42 min Julia 63,296
News Joshua James, Shawn Mullins, Murder Mystery and... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Deportation fears, rumors are affecting busines... 1 hr Trump is the man 2
News Chicago kids are bringing education to girls (a... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News 4 dead, 25 wounded in weekend shootings 2 hr former democrat 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages