Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1708010 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179246 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the idiot denying what the press is reporting. You have no excuse
Democratic party thanks you for your posts.
Don't stop posting!
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1179247 Aug 3, 2014
House Republicans Want President Hillary Clinton

Viewed from the standpoint of a year or even six months ago, Friday night’s House vote to deport some half-million immigrants who arrived illegally in the United States as children would have been unthinkable. After the 2012 election, an official Republican postmortem urged the party to embrace comprehensive immigration reform. Republicans in both chambers followed through on this advice. No less orthodox a figure than Paul Ryan toured around Chicago with Democrat Luis Gutierrez, where he was greeted enthusiastically by a mariachi band.

Comprehensive immigration reform has suffered a slow, painful death for months on end. For a while, it seemed Republicans might instead try to force Democrats to accept the quarter-of-a-loaf compromise of a Dream Act, which would legalize illegal immigrants brought to the United States as children (and, thus, personally blameless). Even that gambit foundered. The worst-case scenario then seemed to be that Republicans would do nothing at all to address the broken immigration system or the gulf of mistrust among Latino and Asian voters.

Now they have settled upon a course of action even worse than the worst-case scenario. The cause, of course, is the child-migrant crisis, which is driven by a combination of a badly written 2008 law and endemic violence in Central America, but which Republicans blame instead on President Obama’s granting of temporary amnesty to some Dream Act–eligible immigrants. When House conservatives revolted against a border security measure, the party leadership mollified them by holding a vote to nullify Obama’s dispensation for the Dreamers.

The House bill stands no chance of being enacted into law. Indeed, the sheer political illogic of the maneuver is baffling. House Republicans were facing a medium-sized debacle caused by their failure to pass any border security bill. This left them with the prospect of going into August recess deprived of a decent talking point.

The cure they settled upon is a thousand times worse than the disease. A party that began the Congressional term hoping to move left from Mitt Romney’s immigration stance has instead moved toward Michele Bachmann’s.(Bachmann — who, along with Steve King, helped draft the House bill — pronounces herself thrilled.) The party’s new dogma will potentially entangle its next nominee in an even less humane debate than the one that ensnared Romney. At the very least, it has put 216 House Republicans, many of whom will one day seek higher office, on record for a policy most Latino voters consider disqualifying. The aye votes include potential 2016 presidential candidate Paul Ryan, who is not likely to be greeted by friendly mariachi bands any time soon.

It is understandable that the party's Congressional wing, based mostly in safe, deep-red districts, has failed to craft a national strategy for its 2016 candidate. But the House's course of action has fallen well below "unhelpful" and instead verges on outright sabotage. How do they think this is going to work out for them?

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2014/08/...
paddeyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1179248 Aug 3, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
some body throw water on me gooddddddddddddddddddddddddd I'm a traitor since birth.
No, you just need a bath, puke breath.
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179249 Aug 3, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Been a big day. Eventful day, as it were. Started very early this morning and I'm pooped.
el tigre wrote:
<quoted text>
So, does this mean it WASN'T a urinary tract infection? At least it's not Ebola, huh? It's not, is it???

O, this is beautiful. Think by insulting Republicans under my screen name ( slight tweak on this one ) that you're somehow doing ME a disservice causing Republicans to dislike me.

I got news for you suga', I can manage that dislike all on my own, and perhaps already have.

The cruel irony is, you believe you're the cause. HeH!!
The Republicans only like me a little less than the Democrats do on this thread.
A wasted endeavor of futility on your part Devil.

Hope Carol is wise enough to know it's your crudeness at play here. If not ...
paddeyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1179250 Aug 3, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
Wiretapped: Israel Eavesdropped on John Kerry in Mideast Talks
SPIEGEL has learned from reliable sources that Israeli intelligence eavesdropped on US Secretary of State John Kerry during Middle East peace negotiations. In addition to the Israelis, at least one other intelligence service also listened in as Kerry mediated last year between Israel, the Palestinians and the Arab states, several intelligence service sources told SPIEGEL. Revelations of the eavesdropping could further damage already tense relations between the US government and Israel.
http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/isr...
Israel and it's right wing entitlement issues strike again.
Why would anyone listen in to Kerry's babble when they weren't forced to do so at the point of a gun. That would be the same as listening to you or the blackface president.

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1179251 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention. I have not blamed Bush or Obama for what has been happening within the VA. I merely pointed out that the Bush administration was well aware of the problem in 2005 and it was well documented throughout his presidency but the whistle blowers didn't feel safe to come forward until the Obama administration. You people are stuck on stupid.
Pay attention: We are discussing the current VA scandal. This started when Shinseki paid VA directors bonuses for clearing up back-logs. The directors did not clear up the back-log but lied and hid records.

So, NO this is not something that occurred in the past admin.
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1179252 Aug 3, 2014
Liberalism/Obama’s presidency is a Pyramid of lies!! The problem Obama/Democrats have is remembering the last lie told!!
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179253 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You do know this gig is up. From now on I will referrer to this duo as
senseless1 and senseless 2
Skoot along.
Breaking News !!!
".....senseless1 and senseless 2...." wow :-)

How have the last two presidential elections worked for you?
With your daily assistance the Democrats may have another victory in 2016.
In their heart, Republicans wish to deport all Latinos?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179254 Aug 3, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No it is knowing what a total fcuk up this president is on the world stage and the danger this country is in. We are laughed at around the world and eventually will lead to someone testing the waters of war. You are seeing it start right in front of your eyes!
lol! Oh.. right....

bushie boy did such a MUCH better job on the world stage!!!
la tigre

Buffalo, NY

#1179256 Aug 3, 2014
to shey wrote:
<quoted text> how bout the Bitch is back by Elton John
No, wouldn't want to be pompous by announcing my arrival.

Frank

Spokane, WA

#1179257 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention. I have not blamed Bush or Obama for what has been happening within the VA. I merely pointed out that the Bush administration was well aware of the problem in 2005 and it was well documented throughout his presidency but the whistle blowers didn't feel safe to come forward until the Obama administration. You people are stuck on stupid.
Obama knew there were problems at the Veterans Administration. Obama put Shinseki in the position and said that the problems would be taken care of. The problems are much worse than they were before January 21,2009. Did Obama order Shinseki to hide the problems so that Obama would not have to deal with them?
Patrick

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1179258 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention: We are discussing the current VA scandal. This started when Shinseki paid VA directors bonuses for clearing up back-logs. The directors did not clear up the back-log but lied and hid records.
So, NO this is not something that occurred in the past admin.
Seems it did!

Bill O’Reilly took on Karl Rove over the management
of the VA during the Bush administration.

“The problems existed on the day President Bush left office,” the Fox News host said to Rove, who was a White House aide to President George W. Bush, on Wednesday evening.

He cited a 2008 report issued by VA to the Obama-Biden presidential transition team that said waiting times at the department were too long and threatened veterans’ access to health care. The report, obtained by CBS News, said,“the problems and causes associated with scheduled, waiting times and waiting lists are systemic.”

“Because President Bush
involved the nation in two very intense wars,
he had to upgrade the VA facilities.
Everybody knows that,” O’Reilly replied, referring to the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.

4500 dead
140,000 needing care

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179260 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No one cares what a nutcase like yourself thinks. "Scoot along."
LOL, that is probably something others think of many posts here including your own. However, it takes a bitter, angry person like yourself to whine about it.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1179261 Aug 3, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Flack provres once again how easily he is duped by the fossil fuel funded deniers.
Really, Flack? CO2 is good for us so we can't possible have too much in our atmosphere? This is how GD stupid you people are???
DumbDave proves once again that he will swallow any sugar coated shit he is spoon feed by the libtard commies.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179262 Aug 3, 2014
flack wrote:
The numbers never lie. Currently, 352 bills that passed the House are awaiting action on Harry Reid’s desk. Of these bills:
- 98% passed with bipartisan support
- Nearly 70% passed with 2/3rds support or more
- Over 50% passed with no opposition at all
- And 55 were introduced by Democrats
And still, Harry Reid refuses to bring them up for a vote.
lol! And only the House speaker can bring anything to vote!

You speak in half truths son!!!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179263 Aug 3, 2014
la tigre wrote:
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Been a big day. Eventful day, as it were. Started very early this morning and I'm pooped.
<quoted text>
The Republicans only like me a little less than the Democrats do on this thread.
A wasted endeavor of futility on your part Devil.
Hope Carol is wise enough to know it's your crudeness at play here. If not ...
Carol rarely falls for her tricks. I think that the Devil, et al knows this. It is more designed to irritate you
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179264 Aug 3, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You are the idiot denying what the press is reporting. You have no excuse
lol! So the so called msm is now legitimate in your eyes son?

Reich wingers... they just can't figure out where they stand!!!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179265 Aug 3, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I notice that Nutcase is always projecting her negative qualities onto others. It's just what she does to deal with her numerable inadequacies.
lo! Sorry. I need to correct you...

Rolo's 'innumerable inadequcies'!!!!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1179266 Aug 3, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems it did!
Bill O’Reilly took on Karl Rove over the management
of the VA during the Bush administration.
“The problems existed on the day President Bush left office,” the Fox News host said to Rove, who was a White House aide to President George W. Bush, on Wednesday evening.
He cited a 2008 report issued by VA to the Obama-Biden presidential transition team that said waiting times at the department were too long and threatened veterans’ access to health care. The report, obtained by CBS News, said,“the problems and causes associated with scheduled, waiting times and waiting lists are systemic.”
“Because President Bush
involved the nation in two very intense wars,
he had to upgrade the VA facilities.
Everybody knows that,” O’Reilly replied, referring to the conflicts in Afghanistan and Iraq.
4500 dead
140,000 needing care
Maybe you should have attempted to read what I posted and responded to that-eh?
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1179267 Aug 3, 2014
LRDII wrote:
<quoted text>Bush hasn't been in control of anything governmental since Jan. 2009. It may seem bizarre to you little progressive types, but time does move on, and your Dear Leader Barak Hussein has been in control for quite a long time. Blaming Bush is so passe, you need another straw man.
lol! You must have missed all those posts about blaming Clinton for 911 son.

Flip.... Flop.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 15 min hojo 64,464
Should AR15 be banned? 3 hr Truth About AR15 2
TEACHER of year at FL. middle school posts mess... 5 hr READ The TEACHER 13
Married men in panties 5 hr OUTTA carry a GUN 2
Pure Nasty Gullible Fool. 5 hr LEFT Coast Shiff 14
Maybe We Outta Ban Knives? 11 hr 2nd AMENDMENT 3
Men that wear panties 13 hr Should Carry Gun 9

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages