Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419561 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1177423 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Quite the opposite. What Obama needs to do is stop interfering. Period.
"U.S. Gives Israel More Grenades and Mortar Rounds for Gaza Offensive"
WASHINGTON (Reuters)- The United States has allowed Israel, waging an offensive in the Gaza Strip, to tap a local U.S. arms stockpile in the past week to resupply it with grenades and mortar rounds, a U.S. defense official said on Thursday.
The munitions were located inside Israel as part of a program managed by the U.S. military and called War Reserves Stock Allies-Israel (WRSA-I), which stores munitions locally for U.S. use that Israel can also access in emergency situations.
Israel, however, did not cite an emergency when it made its latest request about 10 days ago, the defense official said, speaking on condition of anonymity."
http://www.newsweek.com/us-gives-israel-more-...
the US should do the same for Ukraine instead of issuing meaningless sanctions against Russia.......
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1177424 Jul 31, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist...

'Over the past 10 months, 74% of the US has been below normal, with the average deviation being -1.25 degrees F.'

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177425 Jul 31, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Can't read huh? It's right there in the piece!
you mean where the nutjob site cited a different nutjob site?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1177426 Jul 31, 2014
Al Gore is not a scientist...

'The amount of Arctic sea ice greater than one meter thick, has increased by 18% since the same date in 2012. Green shows ice gain, red shows ice loss.'

http://stevengoddard.wordpress.com/
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177427 Jul 31, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you have anything to post from thinkprogress, mediamatters, the root or one of your other mindless sleazeball websites, Leroy?
sure.

Climate Change Misinformer Of The Year: Marc Morano

These days Morano is paid by an industry-funded group to run the climate denial website ClimateDepot.com .

http://mediamatters.org/research/2012/12/27/c...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1177428 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
nutjob site doesn't have enough credibility to cite it?
no doubt.
It's NOAA data so where it comes from is a moot point. You are starting to sound like realtime.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1177429 Jul 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
He seems out of his depth in the shallow end of the pool ?
That would be the stagnating end I take it?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1177430 Jul 31, 2014
Homer wrote:
Hello everyone, I apologize for not being around as I have been very busy at work. I feel bad not being here to support you lefties/moderates as you continue to find ways to may America better and to insult you rightwingers as you continue to look for ways to destroy it.
Sincerely,
Homer
time to protect your retirement fund gains before they evaporate....

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1177431 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177432 Jul 31, 2014
Marc Morano

Climate Depot is sponsored by the Committee for a Constructive Tomorrow, an Exxon funded think tank. Supposedly, he exposes the "lies" of the "warmists" and "scientific McCarthy-ites" (oh the irony!) who do research in that inconvenient thing called science. The site is really more of a denialist-style Drudge Report that links to whatever nonsense it can find.

http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Marc_Morano
XYZ

United States

#1177433 Jul 31, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So now an idiot like you is speaking for everyone?? You are one of the dumbest posters on here without doubt. Allow me old clueless one, it all breaks down on party lines even as stupid as you are you should at least know that..Actually if not for Waxturd and all of his socks you would never get an atta boy. The only time you ever even get one of them is from someone that I make look silly like I do you every day. You are a obsessed nutcase and your posts prove it. Now go peddle your papers retard.
Ghost the boot licker thinks calling people names and denying he posted a bunch of lies a few years ago equals making someone look ¨silly.¨

Ghost the apple polisher thinks he makes people look ¨silly¨ by re-posting opinions of those he sucks up to.

Ghost is a pinko flunky.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1177434 Jul 31, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
There was a US in colonial times?
I guess if you're British, you'd have a different perspective....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1177435 Jul 31, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the similarity to Obama is striking.......
That's what started this whole thing with Patrick's nitpicking about Hitler. My comments about the danger of blind loyalty and propagandists on the side of power. One other similarity is Hitler becoming Chancellor out of virtual obscurity after the Great Depression. We also were going through an economic crisis when another candidate rose out of obscurity and was adulated as some kind of deliverer.

No one is comparing Obama to Hitler's evil side.

But there are similarities when it comes to the dangers of blind adulation and believing only what you are told to believe. Some on here fall into that category whether they like it or not.
Others who used to fall into that category realized it and stopped liking it.

My hope is the ones on here eventually will too.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1177436 Jul 31, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Appears the stock market is fearful that the FEDs may raise interest rates.
lol! That would be your opinion son.

Nothing new there....
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1177437 Jul 31, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> It's NOAA data so where it comes from is a moot point. You are starting to sound like realtime.
data taken out of context is no longer 'data'.

do i have to prove it was taken out of context? everyone knows, or at least 75% of us, that denial is just a lie.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1177438 Jul 31, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"yuck"
. If "poop" had any information or if his relative/"employee" had dug up anything he would let all know, he would be in hog heaven. On the other hand no one, except "poop" have access to information on "poops" bio/fantasy.
Little girl you should thing a bit before you offer a post. If you did your stoopidity would not come to the fore front.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
lol! "No proof on my part is required..."

I know son. You've taken that position over and over on a regular basis....

You just don't allow that option to others....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1177439 Jul 31, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
MSNBC host and former Republican Rep. Joe Scarborough offered a heated criticism of Israel during his show on Thursday, saying the nation appeared to be carrying out "indiscriminate" killings during its conflict in Gaza.
“I’ve always been a 100 percent supporter of Israel. The joke in Congress was anytime I wanted a key to the city of Tel Aviv, I could, you know, get a gold-plated one,” Scarborough said on “Morning Joe.”
But, he said, recent reports from the Middle East were troubling.
“I’m sorry this just, this is asinine. This continued killing of women and children in a way that appears to be indiscriminate is asinine,” he said.“It is bad, of course it is tragic for the Palestinian people. It is bad for the Israeli people. I mean, we will rue the day that this is happening every day.”
The Associated Press reported Thursday more than 1,300 Palestinians have been killed in Gaza since July 8, with most of the victims being civilians.
Scarborough said the growing civilian casualty rate could hurt America's standing because of its relationship with Israel.
“We share Israel’s values a hell of a lot, a lot more than the people they’re bombing, but you know what? The United States of America, we cannot be associated with this if this continues,” he said.“This is so bad, not only for the Israeli people, but for us.”
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/joe-sca...
Joe needs to spout the party line to keep his job at MSNBC.....
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1177440 Jul 31, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insults sound like you are phoning them in. Same idiocy over and over again.
I KNOW people who could instantly tell you who did what song in the seventies or eighties, etc. Maybe, you don't know these things--your issue.
To cry about the fact someone may have knowledge you don't have without looking it up is pure GHOST
?????????

wow.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1177441 Jul 31, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>I was and am so repulsive, everyone, including the doctor slapped my mother when I was born.
The reall Ghost would never say anything that corny, Baggers and humor are like fire and water.You are one sick puppy Waxturd.
Patrick

United States

#1177442 Jul 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>That would be the stagnating end I take it?
Carol back to the Hitler "in her mind" :-)
Lilly was correct in the President Obama hatred becoming the six year obsession.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 8 min Ize Found 70,958
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 17 min Leeward Outlier 222,635
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 46 min Too Funny 61,058
last post wins! (Apr '13) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1,475
Social Security 3 hr Master L-Bates 8
Star news is Annoying. 3 hr Jerkt toff 1
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr SweLL GirL 9,391

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages