Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1581747 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1177660 Jul 31, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Interesting...
Thanks
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1177661 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
"Rolf Verleger, a Jew and former board member of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, places most of the blame for the current mood on the Israeli government. In a recent interview on German radio, he pointed out that the Gaza Strip had come to resemble a giant prison and said it should be possible for a person to express criticism of Israel's Gaza policy without being branded an anti-Semite."
Latest: "The government of Ireland is considering expelling the Israeli ambassador to Ireland, Boaz Mondai, over the growing number of Palestinian civilian casualties, the Irish Examiner reported."
Who cares? Where'd you dig this garbage up loon?

Maybe Ireland can lob a potato after one of those morons blows up himself?
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1177662 Jul 31, 2014
YOU'RE BLUSHIN' AIN'T YOU, BEAUTIFUL?... ME TOO, JUS' NOT ON MY CHEEKS... I GET LIKE THIS SOMETIMES, I CAN'T HELP IT AN' WHENEVER I DO I JUS' HAVE THIS OVERWHELMING URGE TO SHARE IT WITH A FRIEND...

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1177663 Jul 31, 2014
Lily Boca Raton FL wrote:
<quoted text>
Vurt de furk?
Now I'll have a vision of a Swedish chef in my head all afternoon.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1177664 Jul 31, 2014
Latest news feed (Roxy is falling down on the job):

"U.N.: Israel appears to be defying International law."
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1177665 Jul 31, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
FREUDIAN SLIP, HUH?... HEHEHEHEHEH... ARE YOU NAKED YET?... I'M IN ONE OF THEM MOODS...
UselessSince1680 is a tranny with a 12 incher just waiting for you and she loves double chocolate, liberal phag!
Patrick

United States

#1177666 Jul 31, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your insults sound like you are phoning them in. Same idiocy over and over again.
I KNOW people who could instantly tell you who did what song in the seventies or eighties, etc. Maybe, you don't know these things--your issue.
To cry about the fact someone may have knowledge you don't have without looking it up is pure GHOST
"I KNOW people who could instantly tell you who did what song in the seventies or eighties"

:-)
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1177667 Jul 31, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Ro-lo still looking for Woodrow Wilson..
the other moron looking for Alexander Hamilton's papers at Ellis Island :-)
-
Alexander Hamilton was born in Charlestown, the capital of the island of Nevis, in the Leeward Islands. Nevis was one of the British West Indies.
Hamilton was born out of wedlock to Rachel Faucette, a married woman of partial French Huguenot descent, and James A. Hamilton, the fourth son of the Scottish laird Alexander Hamilton of Grange, Ayrshire
I'M SORRY, PATRICK, FOR BEING RUDE EARLIER... WHEN I GET LIKE THIS I JUST INSTINCTIVELY LASH OUT AT THE MEN AROUND ME LIKE A BULL ELK... THE LOVE OF MY LIFE LIVES ON NEVIS HALF THE YEAR AND I WOULD CLIMB EVEREST TO HAVE HER BACK... REDHEAD... ONE FINGER, MAX... BEAUTIFUL FEET... GLASSES... INTERESTING OVERBITE...
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1177668 Jul 31, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
ON THE OTHER HAND, YOU WOMEN AIN'T THAT COMPLICATED EITHER... I GOT A PICTURE TAKEN ON MY BIRTHDAY WHERE I'M WAVIN' MY HANDS IN THE AIR TELLIN' A STORY AND EVERY WOMAN IN THE ROOM IS STARIN' FIXEDLY AT MY CROTCH WITH HER MOUTH SLIGHTLY OPEN...(.. 5 O' THEM OF ALL AGES, COULDN'T BE A COINCIDENCE COULD IT?..)....
Were you facing them? Or were they behind you like a choir would be?

Coulda been that pointy tail actin up__or perhaps a large brown spot on that white linen suit. I've seen that before when Benny Hinn had to help pick up a fat lady that he'd just knock out..

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1177669 Jul 31, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW YOU IGNORIN' ME ON PURPOSE AN' IT'S A DIRTY TRICK! IT WORKS, BUT IT'S DIRTY...
"A man is like a cat; chase him and he will run - sit still and ignore him and he'll come purring at your feet." Helen Rowland
THE DEVILS MENTALLY ILL

Buffalo, NY

#1177670 Jul 31, 2014
PS Had you not been so lazy ROLLING,, you could have run a search on a number of phrases within that post and hit on the website, pudge.

As I'm sure the person whom I posted it to will do if interested.

And then will understand my reasons for leaving it to that poster's discretionary request.

Now, get to Bingin'...!!!
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Link available upon request??? ROFLMAO
Flacktard and Incongruous4Ever should add that disclaimer to their nonsensical spam.
www.americanlibertypac.com
Steve Stockman
ROFLMAO
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1177671 Jul 31, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
UselessSince1680 is a tranny with a 12 incher just waiting for you and she loves double chocolate, liberal phag!
GIRLFRIEND, WHATEVER YOU "THINK" YOU'RE DOIN', IS HAVIN' THE OPPOSITE EFFECT... PLUS, YOU CAN FEEL IT TOO CAIN'T YOU, CHUCKLES?... DEVIL DON' MAKE A LOT OF MISTAKES WITH WOMEN AND THAT RASCAL CRACKLES!...
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1177672 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
This lawsuit is a joke. No different than Eric Cantor’s fifty plus meaningless votes to repeal Obamacare and look what happened to him. Boehner is a laughing stalk.
Boehner surely has partisan motives in suing Obama. But the salutary impact could transcend partisan political concerns, reining in executive power — or, at least, more clearly defining it — for President Marco Rubio or Ted Cruz or Hillary Clinton. At the end of the day, and long after Obama is out of office, we could end up with a decision buttressing the rule of law and balance of power. That would be a good thing.

But instead of taking it seriously, President Obama and his team have mocked this suit as a mere "stunt." Their dismissiveness, coupled with the arguments they've chosen to wield, present a worldview arguably more frightening than the original overreach. Obama, for example, has cited the fact that Congress failed to address these issues as reason why he has felt compelled to act. "I'm not going to apologize for trying to do something while they're doing nothing," he said.

That a misleading non sequitur. A constitutional law professor should knows better. Dysfunction or stasis are not invitations for executive overreach. I can't find anything in the Constitution that says: "Should Congress become bogged down in gridlock, the President may then assume legislative responsibilities." Congressional incompetence or inaction is not an invitation for an imperial presidency.

A constitutional law professor should knows better. Dysfunction or stasis are not invitations for executive overreach. I can't find anything in the Constitution that says: "Should Congress become bogged down in gridlock, the President may then assume legislative responsibilities." Congressional incompetence or inaction is not an invitation for an imperial presidency.

Be careful what you wish for. Because granting the president the power to ignore or overrule Congress is not a right that only applies to presidents you agree with.

http://theweek.com/article/index/264014/why-b...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1177673 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"A man is like a cat; chase him and he will run - sit still and ignore him and he'll come purring at your feet." Helen Rowland
YOU ARE "SO" MEAN TO ME!... WORKS FO' ME... ON THE OTHER HAND, I KNOW I GOT YOU TOO... YOU SLY DOG... CAT...
THE DEVILS MENTALLY ILL

Buffalo, NY

#1177674 Jul 31, 2014
And some are like dawgs ...

They always go back to the tree they pissed on ...

Bless Your Bark ...!!!
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1177675 Jul 31, 2014
What people choose to forget:

"During his presidency, FDR, who was considered a hero by many Jews, refused to open the gates of America for European Jews fleeing Nazi Germany. Unlike the British, who took in 10,000 German Jewish teenagers, Roosevelt would not even allow a kindertransport of European Jewish kids to America. The ship St. Louis, in 1939 filled with Jewish refugees, was denied entry to the United States and forced to return to Europe. In 1943, when a delegation of Orthodox rabbis had an appointment with the president to plead their case, Roosevelt, even though his schedule for the day was largely empty, refused to meet with them.

In 1948 President Harry Truman recognized the state of Israel 11 minutes after its creation. Less well known was that he slapped an arms embargo on the new Jewish state, which had almost no tanks or planes at that time. Meanwhile England was busy selling arms to Jordan and Iraq and the commander of the Arab Legion was Sir John Glubb Pasha.

After the blazing success of the new Israeli army in the 1956 Sinai campaign, President Dwight D. Eisenhower's pro-Arab Secretary of State John Foster Dulles in March 1957 forced Israeli withdrawal from Sinai and Gaza in return for a promise that the United States would keep open the Straits of Tiran. When in 1967 Egypt moved large number of tanks into the Sinai desert and threatened Israel, Israeli Foreign Minister Abba Eban brought up that promise to President Lyndon Johnson and Secretary of State Dean Rusk. Eban was told it was only a piece of paper and if the Israelis attacked against three surrounding armies, "they would be on their own."

The 1973 Yom Kippur War went so badly that on the third day of the war Israeli Defense Minister Moshe Dayan bemoaned the fact that "the third Jewish Commonwealth is falling." And the response of the Nixon administration? To delay military aid to Israel. In the early 1990s, President George H.W. Bush, angered by Israeli Prime Minister Yitzhak Shamir's settlement policy, held up vitally needed aid for the hundreds of thousands of Russian Jews immigrating to Israel after the decline and fall of the Soviet Union."

Yet, Rethugs continue to insist that israel is the equivalent of a 51st state. I don't get it.

http://politix.topix.com/story/13354-israeli-...

“Stop child soldiers ”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1177676 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
"Rolf Verleger, a Jew and former board member of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, places most of the blame for the current mood on the Israeli government. In a recent interview on German radio, he pointed out that the Gaza Strip had come to resemble a giant prison and said it should be possible for a person to express criticism of Israel's Gaza policy without being branded an anti-Semite."
Latest: "The government of Ireland is considering expelling the Israeli ambassador to Ireland, Boaz Mondai, over the growing number of Palestinian civilian casualties, the Irish Examiner reported."
From the same article

""We have nothing against demonstrations or against freedom of expression - that's the core of democracy," Hadas-Handelsman told DW in an interview. "But when, as happened this weekend, it leads to violence against the police or against pro-Israeli demonstrators, then it is unacceptable. I think Germans should be worried by that, because you also hear anti-Semitic slogans like 'Jews into the gas'- in Germany?"

He added that Germany needed to consider how to deal with anti-Jewish protests of this kind.

Politicians from nearly all German political parties have condemned the hostile displays. However, at this stage, the German government does not see a reason to raise alarm. According to a government spokesperson, everything is being done to protect Jewish institutions.

Islamists drive anti-Israel campaign

The Gaza conflict has stirred up public opinion in Europe, and it has brought Israel-hatred to Germany along with it, according to political scientist Stephan Grigat.

"You don't need great differentiation skills to be able to assert that this is straightforward anti-Semitism, in a drastic form that could also be found on the streets of Germany 70 years ago," said Grigat.

Grigat, who currently teaches at the Jewish Studies Institute at the University of Vienna, does not find the latest developments in Germany surprising. He pointed out that major demonstrations also took place during the confrontation between Israel and Hamas in 2012.

"However, in those years it was mostly people who identified with left-wing politics and who expressed harsh and often inappropriate criticism towards Israel," explained Grigat, adding that the current demonstrators are mostly members of Islamist groups. "Many of the participants openly express support for Hamas, Lebanon's Hezbollah or Islamic jihad."

Another new factor in the latest protests is the "pronounced aggression" - and the fact that it is possible to mobilize several thousand people in a short time.

Different from other conflicts?

Grigat has also observed a growing anti-Israel stance in mainstream German society. And he finds that the term "Israel-criticism" alone reveals a lot about the negative sentiment. After all, he said, nobody speaks of "Japan-criticism" or "Sweden-criticism" when they do not approve of something the Japanese or Swedish government does.

"This expression shows what all this is really about: not reasonable criticism of individual decisions made by the Israeli government, but plain resentment of the existence of the Jewish state," said Grigat.
http://www.dw.de/growing-opposition-to-israel...

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1177677 Jul 31, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE "SO" MEAN TO ME!... WORKS FO' ME... ON THE OTHER HAND, I KNOW I GOT YOU TOO... YOU SLY DOG... CAT...
I'm smiling.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1177678 Jul 31, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'll have a vision of a Swedish chef in my head all afternoon.
JUST SAW THIS, HEHEHEHEHEHEH... I JUST LOVE YOU...
Subliminal

Los Angeles, CA

#1177679 Jul 31, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW YOU IGNORIN' ME ON PURPOSE AN' IT'S A DIRTY TRICK! IT WORKS, BUT IT'S DIRTY...
Try getting shadowbanned... Even the DEVIL don't know this dirty trick.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's the real story about Charlottsville? 15 min ThomasA 23
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 38 min Chicagoan by Birth 242,540
The Party of Racism. 2 hr Its The Democrats 2
Only Mother Fu__ers would destroy our statues. 2 hr Out of Potty Expe... 3
TRUTH will be revealed, someday, maybe. 3 hr Muslims Did IT 42
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Agents of Corruption 63,946
Chicago is much worse since Obama was elected 9 hr check please 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages