Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1274427 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1175376 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Both of my parents were struck with this dreadful disease. Dad died at age 84 and mom at age 86. My family said the long good-bye for 10 years between them both.
Dad forgot how to swallow in the final stage. It took six days for him to finally succumb in a vegetative-type state. I know this disease very well.
Mom was alert throughout her disease process but couldn't remember anything from one minute to the next. She still thought of my sister and me as being very young but was always delighted to see us. She ended up dying of a stroke.
It's not easy for families living with this disease. And there are a lot of us out there who know this.
We have been there and it is terrible. Alert, knew the family, but sad as the disease is cruel.
-Angela & Patrick
Mr Z

East Hartford, CT

#1175377 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for more proof of your lying ass Waxturd. Hard to believe that anyone single person could be so painfully obvious and think no one would notice. All you are ever able to show is your over bearing attitude and woefully lacking personality followed closely by your gross ignorance. And yes my many fans love me....ENVY MUCH LOSER?
Sure thing, Mr. Author with three houses and 6 cars.

I don't envy bullshit artists like yourself.

Think your so-called ¨friends¨ here believe your bullshit?

Still hate Jews and think gays are ¨abnormal¨?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Loser.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1175378 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
too much information .......
Knew you'd say that. But left out something else - for Patrick's benefit.

Just as Reagan was perfectly coherent until right before his diagnosis, so were both of my parents. The early stages of Alzheimer's are quite distinguishable and it doesn't take long for them to become noticeable.

Reagan had been out of office for five years before being diagnosed with the disease. The first symptoms of early stage Alzheimer's is obvious within a matter of months.

I'm getting tired of the ignorance about this disease when it comes to Ronald Reagan.

Sorry if that bothers you.
Mr Z

East Hartford, CT

#1175379 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is more confirmation of just what a total mess the Republicans managed to make after eight years of stupid. Never again.
It's confirmation that the left wing democRAT regime in power for the past SIX YEARS is incompetent.

Orlando, FL

#1175380 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Carol is a very nice person......
Patricia is a phaerie twit....
Thank you. And so are you.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1175381 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
If you think this justifies Hamas taking materials meant to be used for infrastructure--schools, medical structures, homes --- to build tunnel, you are sadly mistaken.
Your point was money I thought. Are you now changing that also.So you as a tax payer don't care what we give away while we have needy right here in America????
DEM Idiots

East Hartford, CT

#1175382 Jul 28, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Leeches
The democrat constituency is teeming with leeches.
Patrick

United States

#1175383 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to find a woman <nobama >
-
Angela

Orlando, FL

#1175384 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
We have been there and it is terrible. Alert, knew the family, but sad as the disease is cruel.
-Angela & Patrick
It's the only disease that robs loved ones of shared memories. The families are the only ones entrusted to them.

The saddest thing Nancy Reagan said about her husband's illness was when she would look at him and say, "Ronnie, remember when we...." and then she remembered he didn't remember. Very sad.
Patrick

United States

#1175386 Jul 28, 2014
GOPidiots wrote:
<quoted text>
Leeches
classic
LOL
DEM Idiots

East Hartford, CT

#1175387 Jul 28, 2014
A 13-year Border Patrol veteran revealed many in the recent surge of illegal immigrants, including unaccompanied minors, are coming prepared to game the U.S. immigration system, even repeating the mantra,“Obama will take care of us.”

“I don’t usually get into the political part of it,” explained Chris Cabrera, now a vice president in the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307,“but I find it odd that their whole thing is,‘We are going to get amnesty when we get here. Where is my permiso? Where is my permission to go north so I can get my medical care and my schooling and all that? President Obama is going to take care of us and make sure we’re all OK.’

“Whether it’s the adults or the young kids, one thing we consistently hear is,‘Obama will take care of us,’” Cabrera said.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175388 Jul 28, 2014
LEO, I LOVE YOU BABY... I REEEEEALY NEED TO "BURY MY FACE BETWEEN YOUR LEGS FOR A FEW (DAYS,"..).. IF THAT WORKS FOR YOU?....(..DON'T YOU CONSERVATIVE FOLKS WORRY IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND LEO AND I HAVE KNOWN EACH OTHER SO LONG WE'VE DEVELOPED A CODED LANGUAGE SYSTEM FOR OUR POSTS. WHEN I SAY,'I NEED TO BURY MY FACE BETWEEN YOUR LEGS FOR A FEW DAYS,' WHAT I REALLY MEAN IS, LET'S GO TO THE BEACH AND LIE IN THE SAND WITH A MARGARITA AND I'LL GO DOWN ON YOU AND ORGANIZE EACH AND EVERY COPPERY PUBIC HAIR IN PERFECT ECHELON ROWS LIKE A MINIATURE ROMAN LEGION JUST ITCHING TO WELCOME CAESAR BACK HOME WITH HIS BIG BROWN BAD-ASS BUMPY BATTERING RAM USING ONLY MY TONGUE AND TINY PIECES OF CRUSHED ICE HELD FIRMLY BUT ELUSIVELY BETWEEN MY TEETH..."..)....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175389 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew you'd say that. But left out something else - for Patrick's benefit.
Just as Reagan was perfectly coherent until right before his diagnosis, so were both of my parents. The early stages of Alzheimer's are quite distinguishable and it doesn't take long for them to become noticeable.
Reagan had been out of office for five years before being diagnosed with the disease. The first symptoms of early stage Alzheimer's is obvious within a matter of months.
I'm getting tired of the ignorance about this disease when it comes to Ronald Reagan.
Sorry if that bothers you.
Reagan's positive accomplishments speak for themselves....
DEM Idiots

East Hartford, CT

#1175390 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
So you as a tax payer don't care what we give away while we have needy right here in America????
So as a taxpayer you're against the millions of non-American ILLEGALS, correct?
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1175391 Jul 28, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
WelI I think Patrick is a nice person and carol like you is a political nutcase.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1175392 Jul 28, 2014
UN takes aim at Islamist oil grab in Syria, Iraq

The 15-nation Council warned in a joint statement that buying oil from groups such as the Islamic State and Jabhat Al-Nusra fighting in Iraq and Syria could lead to sanctions.

http://news.yahoo.com/un-takes-aim-islamist-o...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1175393 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
classic
LOL
puerile.....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1175394 Jul 28, 2014
DEM Idiots wrote:
A 13-year Border Patrol veteran revealed many in the recent surge of illegal immigrants, including unaccompanied minors, are coming prepared to game the U.S. immigration system, even repeating the mantra,“Obama will take care of us.”
“I don’t usually get into the political part of it,” explained Chris Cabrera, now a vice president in the National Border Patrol Council Local 3307,“but I find it odd that their whole thing is,‘We are going to get amnesty when we get here. Where is my permiso? Where is my permission to go north so I can get my medical care and my schooling and all that? President Obama is going to take care of us and make sure we’re all OK.’
“Whether it’s the adults or the young kids, one thing we consistently hear is,‘Obama will take care of us,’” Cabrera said.
That odd because the number one thing I hear they say is "Waxman can Besa me cula.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175395 Jul 28, 2014
AND IF CAESAR AIN'T THE KING, AIN'T NOBODY THE KING...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175396 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
UN takes aim at Islamist oil grab in Syria, Iraq
The 15-nation Council warned in a joint statement that buying oil from groups such as the Islamic State and Jabhat Al-Nusra fighting in Iraq and Syria could lead to sanctions.
http://news.yahoo.com/un-takes-aim-islamist-o...
SO, UH... NOW THE U.N. IS GOOD AGAIN? I DON'T UNDERSTAND?....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 7 min Dr Guru 196,843
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 53 min IB DaMann 54,488
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 4 hr Doug77 6,395
abby8-27-15 6 hr Sublime1 14
ask amy 8-27 6 hr PEllen 7
The Amazing Cashew 7 hr OH Im NUTS 1
Get an online store. Earn $$$$ (Jun '13) 7 hr Shaiilesh 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 12 hr RACE 100,626
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages