Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1406222 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

Newberry, SC

#1175988 Jul 29, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay tuned for her to carry on with Billos latest meme:
Bill O’Reilly: It’s ‘part of the culture’ in the ‘ghetto’ for 9-year-olds to smoke weed
“Look, the left is basically saying ‘harmless,’ okay, which I don’t agree with, I think you know that. Not a harmless substance, alright,” O’Reilly explained.“And, it’s blacks, you know, because in certain ghetto neighborhoods it’s part of the culture. nine-year-old boys and girls are smoking it, and they don’t like that. They don’t want those kids to be targeted by the cops.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/29/bill-or...
It is all about ratings ...ask Glenn Beck.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1175989 Jul 29, 2014
Homer wrote:
"You can reason with a leftwinger, you cannot reason with a rightwingers, therein lies the problem." - Homer, moderate
"The world would be such a nice place if only those nasty Republicans would give in to Democrat demands" --- Homer, Pollyanna w/air for brains.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1175990 Jul 29, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Pravda would like it too!
lol! MY Pravda son?

Aren't you the idiots who support the ruskie president over the American President?

You need to get a better doctor for your lobotomy son!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1175991 Jul 29, 2014
<quoted text>
Perhaps you're experiencing early onset of Alzheimers; is it hereditary?
Perhaps you're experiencing early onset of Alcoholic Dementia. Is it hereditary?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1175992 Jul 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! MY Pravda son?
Aren't you the idiots who support the ruskie president over the American President?
lol! MY Putin son? He's yours.
Aren't you the idiots who support the ruskie Obama as president over a true American President?
You need to get a better doctor for your lobotomy son

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1175993 Jul 29, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me old clueless one, since you obviously have great difficulty in comprehending. First do I approve of homosexuality no I do not, do I care if others participate, no I do not...Do I like the way Jews manipulate and connive and use our nation and then thumb their collective noses at us...No, do I hate them and wish them harm NO, Do I agree with Abortion NO, do I condemn women for seeking one NO that is their body..Do I agree with all of the immigrants, No, and if we had a Congress we could figure out a solution..So you see old clueless one the big difference between you and I is I accept without hating, but "PIGS" like you want others to be as filled with racism, bigotry and hatred as you are and my implying that they are helps you psychologically, which makes you a weak kneed lowlife...Deal with it. LOSER.
They don't want to acknowledge the truth about themselves so they project their hate and doomsday thinking onto others. I honestly believe that projection of theirs triggers endorphins in their brain which associates lying with feeling good.

"People who project blame often feel a hidden stigma and shame at possessing a disgraceful personality trait so they 'project' or transfer anger on others to distract themselves from knowing the truth about their own self. They become so highly sensitized to the presence of their unwanted traits that it interferes with their social informational processing. So they don't see reality as it is and then operate out of their misperceptions." (Dr. Lynne Namka, Ed. D)

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1175994 Jul 29, 2014
Jul 29, 1967:
Rocket causes deadly fire on aircraft carrier
Previous DayJuly 29
A fire on a United States Navy carrier stationed off the coast of Vietnam kills 134 service members on this day in 1967. The deadly fire on the USS Forrestal began with the accidental launch of a rocket.

During the Vietnam War, the USS Forrestal was often stationed off the coast of North Vietnam, conducting combat operations. On the morning of July 29, the ship was preparing to attack when a rocket from one of its own F-4 Phantom jet fighters was accidentally launched. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a parked A-4 Skyhawk jet. The Skyhawk, which was waiting to take off, was piloted by John McCain, the future senator from Arizona.

Fuel from the Skyhawk spilled out and caught fire. The fire then spread to nearby planes on the ship's deck and detonated a 1,000-pound bomb, which killed many of the initial firefighters and further spread the fire. A chain reaction of explosions blew holes in the flight deck and had half the large ship on fire at one point. Many pilots were trapped in their planes as the fire spread. It took a full day before the fires could be fully contained.

Hundreds of sailors were seriously injured and 134 lost their lives in the devastating fire. Twenty planes were destroyed. It was the worst loss of a life on a U.S. Navy ship since World War II. Temporary repairs were made to the ship in the Philippines before the Forrestal headed back to Norfolk, Virginia. It was repaired and put back into service the following April, but never returned to Vietnam.

John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973.

“Often imitated”

Since: Jul 07

never duplicated

#1175995 Jul 29, 2014
Why are the "progressive" on here such angry little people? Surely not all "progressives" carry this much hate.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1175996 Jul 29, 2014
An Arizona brain scientist was arrested last week after two women said he pointed a semiautomatic rifle at them at an airport coffee shop.
Dr. Peter Nathan Steinmetz, a neuroscientist at Barrow Neurological Institute in Phoenix, brought the AR-15 rifle slung over his shoulder to Starbucks inside a terminal at Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport.
The Phoenix New Times reported that Steinmetz was doing nothing wrong until he removed the weapon from his shoulder, accidentally pointing the gun at two women waiting at a gate.
Police told the newspaper that it’s not generally illegal to carry a semi-automatic rifle into the airport terminal, but Steinmetz was arrested because of “the way he was carrying it.”
The physician had bought a cup of coffee and then stopped in front of some gates in the non-secure area of Terminal Four, where he accidentally pointed the muzzle at a woman and her 17-year-old daughter.
The women told police they feared for their safety.
Steinmetz was arrested about 10:30 a.m. on two felony counts of disorderly conduct with a weapon.
He told officers that he had no other business at the airport besides buying a cup of coffee.
Steinmetz and his son brought firearms to the airport in November, two days after a fatal shooting at Los Angeles International Airport, to pick up the neuroscientist’s wife.
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/29/brain-s...
(Maybe he has a brain "tuma")
Poll after poll has charted President Obama’s dipping approval rating in recent months, but Wednesday brought perhaps the cruelest cut to date: A new Quinnipiac University survey found that voters rate Mr. Obama as the country’s worst president since World War II.

With Mr. Obama deploying troops to Iraq, failing to find compromise with Congress and seeing major defeats in the Supreme Court, voters continue to sour on him. The new poll also revealed that more voters now say GOP nominee Mitt Romney would have been a better choice in 2012.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175997 Jul 29, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! MY Pravda son?

Well I'm sure when they opened Waxturds empty head they were perplexed. Rumor has it that there were 250 socks stuck in there.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1175998 Jul 29, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
you are not an economist...
'Gartner Says Worldwide Video Game Market to Total $93 Billion in 2013'
http://www.gartner.com/newsroom/id/2614915
that child molester is an idiot. Why bother?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1175999 Jul 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
They don't want to acknowledge the truth about themselves so they project their hate and doomsday thinking onto others. I honestly believe that projection of theirs triggers endorphins in their brain which associates lying with feeling good.
"People who project blame often feel a hidden stigma and shame at possessing a disgraceful personality trait so they 'project' or transfer anger on others to distract themselves from knowing the truth about their own self. They become so highly sensitized to the presence of their unwanted traits that it interferes with their social informational processing. So they don't see reality as it is and then operate out of their misperceptions." (Dr. Lynne Namka, Ed. D)
I think you are exactly right. Their daily whining and condemning everything we do no matter what is a sad reflection on not only their lack of perception but how they are programmed to think as they are told, few if any self thinkers.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1176000 Jul 29, 2014
I have been saying this since 9/11.

DR. JIM GARROW: NEXT TERRORIST ATTACK WILL BE ON 100 MALLS SIMULTANEOUSLY

Dr. Jim Garrow, who claims to be an ex-CIA operative, states that we will soon see 100 malls attacked simultaneously by the 10s of thousands of Jihadists currently crossing our wide-open border. Martial law would of course be a necessity upon such an occurrence.

He states that the attacks will come in waves, even the medical professionals responding to the scene would be attacked as the Jihadists will be sufficiently armed to defeat local law enforcement.

Listen to this interview on Dave Hodge’s “The Common Sense Show”

I interviewed former CIA operative, Dr. Jim Garrow, about a planned attack upon multiple shopping malls inside of the United States which will be similar in scope to what happened in Nairobi with the attack on just the one mall. In fact, Dr. Garrow says that Nairobi was the beta test for what’s coming to shopping malls inside the United States, except for what is going to happen here, will dwarf the Nairobi event. Since Dr. Garrow’s first revelation about the coming series of terrorist actions, more information is coming to light regarding the operation. The end game is martial law with, as we have suspected, the UN in charge. The mall attacks are the precursor event and this is explained in the recording. For nearly two years, I have maintained that the United States was going to be attacked by Russia and China and that both countries were maintaining a covert troop presence on U.S. soil for this express purpose. The facts surrounding the Garrow account confirm my beliefs and facts. The connections, between my private sources regarding the illegal immigration invasion and a Fifth Column insurgency designed to plunge America into martial law as well as Jim Garrow’s mall attack revelations are stunning and are all contained within this short one hour recording. The interview commences 6 minutes into the recording. Here is the link to the one hour Dr. Jim Garrow interview.

“Often imitated”

never duplicated

#1176001 Jul 29, 2014
Flacks News wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right... I'm jealous...
you are obviously on house arrest since you haven't left topic for days. Does your parole officer know you have computer access?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1176002 Jul 29, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps you're experiencing early onset of Alcoholic Dementia. Is it hereditary?
Just another day in the home huh cretin? Is the battery still dead on your Walmart buggy? We can smell you from here.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1176003 Jul 29, 2014
As more and more American corporations have used mergers and shell companies to shift profits and shrink their U.S. tax liabilities over the past few years, there has generally been a sharp divide between populists who decry the maneuvers and investors who celebrate them.

Friday morning saw a high-profile defection from the economic elites’ camp, however, as outspoken billionaire investor Mark Cuban pledged to sell off his holdings in companies that move offshore for tax reasons.“If I own stock in your company and you move offshore for tax reasons I’m selling your stock,” Cuban tweeted.

http://thinkprogress.org/economy/2014/07/25/3...
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1176004 Jul 29, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals project blame in most every post.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1176005 Jul 29, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Poll after poll has charted President Obama’s dipping approval rating in recent months, but Wednesday brought perhaps the cruelest cut to date: A new Quinnipiac University survey found that voters rate Mr. Obama as the country’s worst president since World War II.
With Mr. Obama deploying troops to Iraq, failing to find compromise with Congress and seeing major defeats in the Supreme Court, voters continue to sour on him. The new poll also revealed that more voters now say GOP nominee Mitt Romney would have been a better choice in 2012.
Waa, waa, goes baby Huey. Get over it Obama kicked your ass and you haven't quit whining since, You might as well adjust loser.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1176006 Jul 29, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
It is all about ratings ...ask Glenn Beck.
And racism gets him ratings? From who? The racists.

He is implying that the legalization is all about black people not wanting their 9 year olds to get arrested for smoking pot!!

HA!! Legalization is about the wealthy white land owners who are pushing legalization so they can reap billions in profits!!
Who has the power to influence governors? Black parents? or wealthy white landowners?
He's an idiot and promotes racism.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1176007 Jul 29, 2014
flack wrote:
Jul 29, 1967:
Rocket causes deadly fire on aircraft carrier
Previous DayJuly 29
A fire on a United States Navy carrier stationed off the coast of Vietnam kills 134 service members on this day in 1967. The deadly fire on the USS Forrestal began with the accidental launch of a rocket.
During the Vietnam War, the USS Forrestal was often stationed off the coast of North Vietnam, conducting combat operations. On the morning of July 29, the ship was preparing to attack when a rocket from one of its own F-4 Phantom jet fighters was accidentally launched. The rocket streaked across the deck and hit a parked A-4 Skyhawk jet. The Skyhawk, which was waiting to take off, was piloted by John McCain, the future senator from Arizona.
Fuel from the Skyhawk spilled out and caught fire. The fire then spread to nearby planes on the ship's deck and detonated a 1,000-pound bomb, which killed many of the initial firefighters and further spread the fire. A chain reaction of explosions blew holes in the flight deck and had half the large ship on fire at one point. Many pilots were trapped in their planes as the fire spread. It took a full day before the fires could be fully contained.
Hundreds of sailors were seriously injured and 134 lost their lives in the devastating fire. Twenty planes were destroyed. It was the worst loss of a life on a U.S. Navy ship since World War II. Temporary repairs were made to the ship in the Philippines before the Forrestal headed back to Norfolk, Virginia. It was repaired and put back into service the following April, but never returned to Vietnam.
John McCain narrowly escaped the fire and, afterwards, volunteered for duty on the USS Oriskany. Just three months later, his plane was shot down over North Vietnam and he was taken prisoner. He was not released until five-and-a-half years later, in 1973.

Sooo that news is just now getting to West Virginia, huh Flack? Yea the war is over there Flack, damn man have you got a lot to catch up on...Can you actually believe that we have a black president now...Really...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 2 min Red_Forman 1,273
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 43 min Jacques in North ... 219,777
What's happening to Berwyn? (Jun '06) 53 min You forgot 558
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr Go Blue Forever 103,170
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr Ize Found 70,845
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Into The Night 60,670
Cure For Prescription Drug Addiction ! 7 hr Not True 2

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages