Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1524004 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174902 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Health care costs in this country are too high. That's the long and the short of it.
Dice it anyway you want, but physicians, hospitals and clinics are too willing to go after the insurance jackpot and overcharge their patients to boot.
Sorry, but that's just a plain and simple fact.
You hate capitalism don't you?

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1174903 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Galt agrees that some people overuse the medical care system, resulting in a very small fraction of the population incurring a very large percentage of medical costs......
on the other hand, when one is seriously ill. it's not the time to try to control costs....
You have no idea how many different doctors one patient will be referred to if their problem stumps the ones they saw before.

I used to transcribe physicians who did this time and time again for 15 years.

And if one expensive treatment or test doesn't work or provide a clue, they'll try another and another and if those don't work, they'll admit "etiology unknown" and the patient still has the same problem.

Then they treat the symptom. Transcribed that more times than I can count too.

It was amazing to me how many doctors could never figure out the "etiology" of so many patients problems after running so many tests and referring them to so many different doctors.

Night. Can't believe how late it's gotten.
joey

United States

#1174904 Jul 27, 2014
The rich are close to fulfillment.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1174905 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I was going to mention number one when I noticed you had this on your list. The one complaint I am hearing from doctors are patients seeking medical care when there is no reason. Lonely, old ladies are frequently the abusers followed by young women in their twenties. ERs cannot refuse care and doctors hate to tell patients with concerns not to bother them as that would be the time they do need care. It would be nice if the solution was as easy as identifying the problem.
Simply "rewiring" people's minds to delay seeking medical attention instead of seeking it too soon through public service announcements and outspoken public figures could very well curb this problem. Encouraging visiting a walk-in clinic for easily treatable problems is another solution.

But no one is talking about the problem.

(And I'm staying up much too late to talk about it myself.)
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174906 Jul 28, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA,,, YOU GIRLS DID A GREAT JOB TONIGHT... ROXY AND CAROL... THE ABBOTT AND COSTELLO OF THE INTERNET... I WONDERED IF YOU COULD FEEL ME... IN THE SHADOWS... THE LOVELY, BLOOD-BLACK DARKNESS.......... I LIKE SOMETIMES TO SIT QUIETLY AND SEE WHAT... EFFECT I MIGHT BE HAVING... EVEN WITHOUT SAYING... A SINGLE THING.... AT 3 AM... THE SERMON MUST'VE PUT YOU GIRLS TO SLEEP SUNDAY, EH.... ALREADY RESTED BY THE TIME... YOU CAME HERE WERE YOU...

"LATER," SAID THE CROW TO HIS FRIEND THE RAVEN...
"LATER AND LATER," CAME THE CRYPTIC REPLY...

GOOD NIGHT LADIES... DON'T FORGET TO LEAVE A TALLOW CANDLE BURNING IN THE WINDOW SO I'LL KNOW TO STAY AWAY...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174907 Jul 28, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Simply "rewiring" people's minds to delay seeking medical attention instead of seeking it too soon through public service announcements and outspoken public figures could very well curb this problem. Encouraging visiting a walk-in clinic for easily treatable problems is another solution.
But no one is talking about the problem.
(And I'm staying up much too late to talk about it myself.)
ITS NEVER TOO LATE, CAROL... AS LONG AS THERE'S LIFE... THERE'S HOPE... I NOTICE WHAT YOU'RE SUGGESTING SOUNDS SUSPICIOUSLY LIKE A SINGLE PAYER STATE RUN HEALTH INSURANCE PLAN... LIKE CANADA'S, FOR INSTANCE.... IN CANADA, I'M TOLD, IT CAN TAKE UP TO A MONTH TO GET IN TO SEE A DOCTOR ON A NON-EMERGENCY BASIS.... IT TURNS OUT, WHEN YOU DO THAT... A LOT OF DOCTORS APPOINTMENTS... SORT OF... DISAPPEAR!... WHERE DO THEY GO, ONE WONDERS?... ARE THEY WITH... THE MISSING SOCKS?... THEY DO ONE OTHER INTERESTING THING.... SINCE THE DOCTORS ARE NO LONGER WORKING THROUGH PRIVATE, FOR PROFIT INSURANCE COMPANIES... ADMINISTRATIVE COSTS BECOME... NEGLIGIBLE.... THERE YOU GO AGAIN CAROL... VOTING AGAINST YOUR OWN BEST INTERESTS.... HOW'S CANCER MAN DOING, INCIDENTALLY?... IS HE... READY?.....(..I CAN'T BELIEVE I TYPED ALL THAT... WITH MY THUMBS......)... AND DID I MENTION THAT LIFE EXPECTANCY IN CANADA IS HIGHER THAN IN THE U.S.... HOW CAN THAT BE, CAROL?...

AND ROXY, MY TINSEL QUEEN... TAKING A CUE FROM YOU I'M STARTING A PROGRAM TO HELP ALL 13 YEAR OLD HOOKERS... GET RICH.... I IMAGINE THAT WILL BRING THE BEST AND THE BRIGHTEST TO THE TOP... AM I WRONG? AND DON'T YOU WANT THE "BEST" GARBAGEMAN TOO????... POLICEMAN?... DOES EVERYONE GET RICH IN THAT... FUZZY WORLD OF YOURS?... HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE? EVERYONE CAN'T BE RICH AT THE SAME TIME, CAN THEY?... IN THE WORDS OF THE PROPHET, MOSES, HIMSELF... "LOOKS LIKE A PYRAMID SCHEME TO ME,".....
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174908 Jul 28, 2014
joey wrote:
The rich are close to fulfillment.
? ALL OF THEM?... THAT'S RICH...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174909 Jul 28, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>You hate capitalism don't you?
I DO TOO, AS YOU ALREADY KNOW... ARE THERE SIX DEADLY SINS... OR SEVEN?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174910 Jul 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Please take your cheap emotions elsewhere.
There are sincere people here discussing sincerely.
UH-HUH...'SINCERE' HUH?... ARE YOU ONE OF THEM... CRIPPLE?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174911 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
. I am a pain as I question all services. Cost v benefits.
YES... YOU ARE... I QUESTION THEM TOO, YOU KNOW?.... LIKE, "HOW OLD ARE YOU, DARLIN'?....
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174913 Jul 28, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
They (SIC) entire concept of capitalism works on the profit motive with 'motivation' being the central operative word here. What is the most efficacious method to motivate people to work for the benefit of society? Adam Smith was right - greed, within limits.
Top Down methods have been tried since forever and have failed. Ordered economies and 5-year Plans don't make it.
Appealing to an individual's ideology, conscience, patriotism, altruism don't work either. Marxism failed there. too. Their philosophy of us all being equal with some being more equal than others has been exposed repeatedly through the ages.
JUST THINK, HONEY... WITH THAT ATTITUDE THOMAS EDISON WOULD NEVER HAVE INVENTED THE LIGHTBULB, WOULD HE?... HE'D STILL BE SITTING IN THE DARK IN NEW JERSEY.....ONE SHOT AT SOCIAL ENGINEERING AND YOU'RE ALL, "WELL, I GUESS THAT'S NOT GONNA WORK, I'M GONNA LIGHT SOME CANDLES..."

NOW LET'S TALK ABOUT THIS, "BENEFIT TO SOCIETY" THINGY OF YOURS... WHY IS THAT CRITICAL AGAIN?.... WHY IS IT IMPORTANT TO "HELP" SOCIETY?... I'M JUST CURIOUS?... DOES... "SOCIETY NEED... HELP?" HELP WITH WHAT, THEY SEEM TO BE THRIVING?..... THE WHOLE IDEA OF "HELPING" PEOPLE SEEMS TO FILL YOU WITH SEETHING ANGER NORMALLY ..(..EXCEPT THE ISRAELIS, OF COURSE, THEY NEED OUR HELP, CERTAINLY... BUT... THE PRIME DIRECTIVE IS TO BE AS GREEDY AND SELF-SERVING AS POSSIBLE FOR THE GOOD OF.... SOCIETY... IS THAT RIGHT?.....WHOSE "SOCIETY" ARE OUR EFFORTS SERVING INCIDENTALLY? YOURS?.... HIGH SOCIETY?... NOT THE IRANIAN OR PALESTINIAN SOCIETIES CERTAINLY..... SO YOUR POST SHOULD'VE READ, "WHAT IS THE MOST "EFFICACIOUS" ..(.. WOW, OLD DUDE, BIG WORD FROM A 128 LB CRIPPLE ABOUT TO DIE...)... YOUR POST SHOULD'VE READ, "WHAT IS THE MOST EFFICACIOUS WAY TO MOTIVATE PEOPLE TO WORK FOR THE GOOD OF..." MY "SOCIETY," RIGHT?... CRIPPLE? IF IT WORKS FOR YOU THEN, BY EXTENSION... IT'LL WORK FOR ME TOO....

SO... 50... 100 YEARS FROM NOW 20,000,000,000 HARD WORKING DARK-SKINNED CHINEE ARE DUTIFULLY WORKING AWAY FOR, "THE GOOD OF SOCIETY,".... RIGHT? THAT'S WHAT'S GONNA HAPPEN, ISN'T IT?... MY QUESTION IS...... HOW IS THAT "BETTER, HOP SING?".....
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174914 Jul 28, 2014
I HAVE TO ADMIT... I CAN SEE WHY YOU GIRLS ONLY FEEL SAFE IN HERE AT 3 IN THE MORNING... HEY... I JUST HAD ANOTHER THOUGHT... DO YOU THINK "I'M" A TERRORIST, CAROL?.... IF I WERE WOULDN'T THAT MEAN THAT THERE'S NO ACTUAL DIFFERENCE BETWEEN ME AND... SAY.... THE LATE OSAMA BIN LADEN? IS THAT TRUE?.... OR SHOULD WE INVENT SUB-SETS OF THE CATCH-ALL TERM "TERROR?".... LIKE... OSAMA'D BE, LIKE, A "RED TERRORIST" WHEREAS I'D ONLY BE WHAT?.... LIGHT PINK?... IT LOOKS TO ME LIKE YOUR FAVORITE WORD APPLIES TO... WHAT?... ANYONE WHO SCARES YOU OR WHOSE COMMITMENT TO THE "IDEALS" OF, SAY.... THE TEA PARTY... ISRAEL... ARE LESS DEVOUT THAN YOUR OWN?.... TAKE YOUR TIME DEAR...
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174917 Jul 28, 2014
Um, are you sure that's wise?...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1174919 Jul 28, 2014
Mr Z wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe someone should have told ¨Yeah¨ how far even an ounce of credibility would've gone.
¨Yeah¨ spewing wisdom concerning insults is laughable.
This from the biggest phony and nutcase ever on topix, the turd that will not flush....WAXTURD the Pathetic moron.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174920 Jul 28, 2014
Flacks News wrote:
Um, are you sure that's wise?...
'CAUSE SOME OF US THINK IT'S NOT.... JUDGITS? FROM THE HOST???? WHATEVER WERE YOU THINKING?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174921 Jul 28, 2014
WAIT... I KNOW... YOU WERE THINKING, I CAN SELL MORE ADVERTISING - LITTLE THAI GIRLS FOR SALE, FOR INSTANCE.... IF I CAN JUST MANAGE TO STRING THIS ALONG... IT'S HARD TO BELIEVE YOU'RE JEWISH?.... THAT'S SOMETHING A RED-DOT WOULD DO...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174922 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
This from the biggest phony and nutcase ever on topix, the turd that will not flush....WAXTURD the Pathetic moron.
WELL, GOOD MORNING, YOUNG MAN... AND HOW ARE WE THIS FINE MORNING?...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1174924 Jul 28, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL, GOOD MORNING, YOUNG MAN... AND HOW ARE WE THIS FINE MORNING?...
Doing fine mr. Devil, I see you are on the job.
TheIndependentMa jority

Brodhead, KY

#1174925 Jul 28, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
WRONG.
First of all, there was no "land of israel".
At the time of the recommended Partitian of Palestine, the Jews owned less than 6% of Palestine. Population wise, they represented 31% of the population. Yet, it was recommended the Jews receive 55% of the land.
"In 1948 Israel declared its "independence," but chose not to name its borders (Israel may be the only nation in the world with undeclared borders). Following its founding war of 1947-49 Israel came into existence on 78 percent of Palestine, a percentage it has steadily increased in subsequent years, a process that continues today."
Why did the Jews claim more than their population? Hypocrite.
http://www.ifamericansknew.org/history/maps.h...
WRONG.(imbecile)

First of all, why are you so IGNORANT, as to World history?

(May 9, 1916), A secret convention made during World War I between Great Britain and France, with the assent of imperial Russia, for the dismemberment of the Ottoman Empire. The agreement led to the division of Turkish-held Syria, Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine into various French- and British-administered areas. The agreement took its name from its negotiators, Sir ___of Britain and François__ of France.

Its provisions were as follows:(1) Russia should acquire the Armenian provinces of Erzurum, Trebizond (Trabzon), Van, and Bitlis, with some Kurdish territory to the southeast; (2) France should acquire Lebanon and the Syrian littoral, Adana, Cilicia, and the hinterland adjacent to Russia’s share, that hinterland including Aintab, Urfa, Mardin, Diyarbak&#305;r, and Mosul; (3) Great Britain should acquire southern Mesopotamia, including Baghdad, and also the Mediterranean ports of Haifa and &#703;Akko (Acre); (4) between the French and the British acquisitions there should be a confederation of Arab states or a single independent Arab state, divided into French and British spheres of influence; (5) Alexandretta (Iskenderun) should be a free port; AND
(6) "Palestine", because of the holy places, should be under an **INTERNATIONAL** regime.
----------
Palestine as in FORMERLY known as JUDEA--as in PRE any of the 19th century anything.

http://www.bible-history.com/geography/ancien...

Frgn IGNORANT clueless IDIOTS like you shouldn't even be allowed out of your padded cells to spread LIES of the toxic poisons of IMBECILES.
Patrick

United States

#1174926 Jul 28, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Doing fine mr. Devil, I see you are on the job.
Roxlo seem ignorant regarding World War I, but amusing.
She seems a bit touchy when criticized

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I think she is pissed. From a few years ago. 8 min Patty Myers SEZ 12
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Dr Guru 240,421
Look at Minn. Maine & Michigan. 14 min EAT PORK 19
A few ITEMS of interest. 23 min Jocularity is FUN 3
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr CrunchyBacon 105,141
A Little Ditty 17 hr Longfellow 1
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 18 hr TRD 71,285

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages