Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1508781 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1174843 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You have an odd habit of posting irrelevant responses to other people's posts
Prior to both World Wars?
How did "appeasement and indifference " cause World War I (1914 - 1918)
Don't run away again just answer this time?
Patrick

United States

#1174844 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you the same question I gave to another poster and still waiting for an answer to.
Did Wilson's efforts to claim we had no interest in the war involving Europe and most of Asia and attempting to appease all parties keep us out of WW One?
Did Wilson's attempts to "mediate" a solution that would make all parties happy keep us out of WWI?
When did Wilson claim "we had no interest"?
Would you have favored war in 1914... if so against whom?

"Did Wilson's attempts to "mediate" a solution that would make all parties happy keep us out of WWI?" ----- This makes no sense. "All parties happy" :-)

Do you know why we entered World War One?
Appeasement was British policy of the conservative party in the 1930s

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1174845 Jul 27, 2014
Some history about Hamas and myths that are being circulated

Shortly after Palestine was given a seaport in 2007. Hamas launched a bloody civil war against Fatah, took over the port and declared they would use it to destroy Israel
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/world/2012...

In response Israel placed an embargo that permitted it to search cargo ships for weapons. The UN 2011 Palmer Report declared this was legal

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#1174846 Jul 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy You want total coverage for Americans.
Yes!
You wish to expand the program?
The problem with health care is hiding in plain sight. The costs of health care are simply too high. Outrageously and unjustifiably too high. Unless the spotlight is put on the health care industry and until they are held accountable for these exorbitant and often unnecessary health care costs, we're going to keep chasing our tails.

I've been saying this since day one...and that was more than three decades ago.
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174847 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like an eternity though, doesn't it? Living in a parallel universe? And we still have two and a half more to go! Obama already checked out. He's ripping it up now.
Didn't you hear?
Most of us live in a different world son.

It's called reality!
Yeah

Mililani, HI

#1174848 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Strange, it was such a simple post
Dems support Hamas more than any other political group
Dems support terrorist is a true statement
Funny. Reich wingers supported putin and laughed at Obama.

So what I don't understand is why you people don't cheer the Malaysian Air shoot down?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1174849 Jul 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Wilson claim "we had no interest"?
Would you have favored war in 1914... if so against whom?
"Did Wilson's attempts to "mediate" a solution that would make all parties happy keep us out of WWI?" ----- This makes no sense. "All parties happy" :-)
Do you know why we entered World War One?
Appeasement was British policy of the conservative party in the 1930s
Patrick you appear to be clueless what was the US stance through the first part of World War One. You also appear to NOT even know what Wilson's second term slogan was.

You need to do something you loathe and research this so you can make comments that shows some understanding of the event

What do you think mediations is for, Patrick?

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1174851 Jul 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Prior to both World Wars?
How did "appeasement and indifference " cause World War I (1914 - 1918)
Don't run away again just answer this time?
Again, you go off topic rather than answer why you posted something irrelevant in your previous post to what was said.

I think you are playing games rather than trying to give honest replies.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174852 Jul 27, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>Funny. Reich wingers supported putin and laughed at Obama.
So what I don't understand is why you people don't cheer the Malaysian Air shoot down?
easy....Putin is a competent leader with no morality.....

Obama is an incompetent fool with no morality......

next question......
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174853 Jul 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the Republican plan to cover all Americans.
whether or not to purchase medical insurance should be an individual decision, just like any other product......

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1174854 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So MSN reported today that Insurance exchange customers who plan to renew their coverage for 2015 will likely receive dated and inaccurate financial aid amounts from the government. And if those amounts are too low, they're going to get sticker shock over their new premiums and, if too high, will owe the tax man later.
Any comment about that? You still think Obamacare was the right solution, right?
I thought that the first rule of health care was to do no harm.

H-m-m-m...how many States are there, Mr. Magic Negro?

Can I keep my Health Insurance and my doctor if I like them?

Didn't you earlier claim that Obamacare would *lower* the cost of American healthcare?

What's wrong with you, Azzhole?

Location hidden

#1174855 Jul 27, 2014
Also, Patrick, unless and until we start to accept health care professionals as being human without getting their pants sued off, the outrageous costs of medical malpractice insurance - doctors, hospitals and clinics combined - will continue to add to the outrageous costs of patients not only paying for far too many unnecessary and often very expensive tests to ensure physicians not getting sued but the cost of their costly malpractice insurance being passed on to them.

It's become a vicious cycle that's become very expensive. That cycle has to be broken before health care becomes affordable for all Americans again.

Wish I could shout it from the rooftops.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174856 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem with health care is hiding in plain sight. The costs of health care are simply too high. Outrageously and unjustifiably too high. Unless the spotlight is put on the health care industry and until they are held accountable for these exorbitant and often unnecessary health care costs, we're going to keep chasing our tails.
I've been saying this since day one...and that was more than three decades ago.
do you have any facts to support your accusations?????.....

Lapeer, MI

#1174857 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Already answered several hours ago. This is the second time I have referred you to the original post
It is Patrick's calling in life to be a pest.

He tries *so* hard!

Lapeer, MI

#1174858 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
That may be true, but I see no problem with pointing out the dishonesty on occasion.
Myself, I enjoy exposing them, taunting them and playing with their empty heads:-)

Where'd they go?:-)

Lapeer, MI

#1174859 Jul 27, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
SinceYou have run away read about real Americans!
Dear Madame President,
As someone who, during 16 years in the United States Congress, has celebrated the US-South Korean friendship and who maintains deep ties with the Korean community in the United States, I respectfully write to express my concern about the policies of your government, which are anti-democratic and which discredit the sacrifices that American soldiers made so many years ago in Korea's defense.
The arrest and imprisonment of an elected member of your Congress, Lee Seok-ki, on charges of sedition, will be noted by members of the United States Congress who are painfully aware of the personal and political risks which can attend challenging an administration whose politics greatly differ. Your attempt to outlaw an opposing political party, your use of your National Intelligence Service (NIS) for political purposes, your cabinet's obstruction of justice in attempts to investigate the NIS, your attempt to cast as disloyal to South Korea all who disagree with your administration, your use of illegal surveillance of civilians, your use of Cold War rhetoric to attack those who legitimately question your policies, and your use of official resources, including state social media resources, to influence the result of elections, raise legitimate questions about whether or not you have any commitment to democratic values.
Today, Sunday July 27th, I join others in Washington DC, and people around the country and around the world, to observe the 61st anniversary of the Korean War Armistice. It is my hope that the 33,686 US soldiers who gave their lives in Korea, together with another 8,176 US soldiers who were missing in action, did not make the ultimate sacrifice in defense of your freedom to enable freedom's destruction under your government.
In today's world, there is always an intersection of interests. As members of the US Congress learn of your policies, you may well find that it will be necessary to correct your course by stopping all practices that undermine principles of democracy, self-governance, separation of powers and human rights.
In honor of the Armistice, please give the world a chance to celebrate your commitment to the values which brought this nation to your defense.
Sincerely,
Dennis J. Kucinich
Member of the United States Congress, 1997-2013
Why are you quoting an American Leftist embarrassment here?

You're being a pest again.

Location hidden

#1174860 Jul 27, 2014
Six charts that show why time and time again the U.S. has the costliest health care system in the world by a variety of measures.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/03/26/char...

It will blow your mind. It's also what I've been saying for decades. We're not looking at the real problem.

Location hidden

#1174861 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
do you have any facts to support your accusations?????.....
As a matter of fact, just posted it. But here it is again. Glad you asked.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174862 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Six charts that show why time and time again the U.S. has the costliest health care system in the world by a variety of measures.
It will blow your mind. It's also what I've been saying for decades. We're not looking at the real problem.
move to Argentina.....

where you can see a doctor for the cost of a Happy Meal.....

surely you understand that the costs quoted in comparison are heavily taxpayer subsidized, as favored by you big government types....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174863 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
when your daughter gets pregnant, the government will send a midwife to your home for the delivery........

when you need bypass surgery, wait a year.....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 33 min tuffy 239,404
News Ex-Ukrainian finance minister, originally from ... 1 hr Trump is the man 1
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Agents of Corruption 63,550
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 12 hr Cute 71,272
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 hr SweLL GirL 10,497
Obama has LEAK under sink. 23 hr TROY the Plumber 36
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) Fri Patriot AKA Bozo 8,066

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages