Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1745690 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

TSM

El Paso, TX

#1175039 Jul 28, 2014
Illegals demand access to White House, Iím sure Obama will roll out the Red Carpet!!
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175040 Jul 28, 2014
LOOK, I HATE TO TELL YOU GUYS BUT PRETTY MUCH ANY GROUP THAT'S SECRETIVE AND CLANNISH AND LOVES MONEY WILL EVENTUALLY RUN AFOUL OF SOMEONE WHO DOESN'T LIKE THEM...TAKE THE TEA PARTY... OR, HECK, AIPAC FOR GOD'S SAKE..... BUT YOU'RE PRETTY MUCH SWIMMIN' BY YOURSELF OUT THERE NOW, AIN'T YOU, SWEETIE-PIE?...TRY MAKIN' SUMTHIN UP WHILE YOU'RE WAITIN', WHY DONCHA?... I PROMISE I WON'T LAUGH... G'HEAD... TAKE A SHOT AT WRITIN' SUMTHIN' YOURSELF FOR A CHANGE...

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1175041 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"Slogans" are not policies, possibly in your mind .....Most Amusing?
Republicans ran Hughes 1916 and lost. Republican party split with TR progressives in this election.
U-boat unrestricted sinking of neutral shipping may have brought the US into the 1914-1918 war,....in 1917.
Lusitania sinking with W L S Churchill as First Lord of the A. Were munition aboard?
Zimmerman note and intervention in Mexico a factor.
Atrocity stories, often invented by the British a factor.
Profits made off the war a definite factor.
Appeasement was
Not a US policy prior to WWI !_
One of your many amusing
mistakes young lady.
Slogans often times are the major talking point of a candidate-silly. Remember "Al Qaeda is on the run."

You post a whole bunch of info that has NOTHING to do with the US position at beginning of World War One--they took an isolationist stance claiming they had no interest in the events. Also noticed you are carefully avoiding the issue of Wilson trying to mediate a solution that would make all parties happy--yes, Patrick, that is the purpose of mediation.

Did any of these attempts at appeasement keep us out of World War One?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

Gauley Bridge WV

#1175043 Jul 28, 2014
PINK FLOYD LYRICS
"Wish You Were Here"

So, so you think you can tell Heaven from Hell, blue skies from pain.
Can you tell a green field from a cold steel rail?
A smile from a veil?
Do you think you can tell?

Did they get you to trade your heroes for ghosts?
Hot ashes for trees?
Hot air for a cool breeze?
Cold comfort for change?
Did you exchange a walk on part in the war for a lead role in a cage?

How I wish, how I wish you were here.
We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl, year after year,
Running over the same old ground.
What have we found?
The same old fears.
Wish you were here.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175044 Jul 28, 2014
The Warriors wrote:
<quoted text> Pres. Obama "CAN U HERE ME SUCKERRRRRRRRRRRRR$$$$$$$$$$
NO, HONEY, HOW COULD HE? IT AIN'T YOU SINGIN'... I AM JUST AMAZED YOU PUT YOURSELVES THROUGH THIS!....

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1175045 Jul 28, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Proof that no one likes a bully state massacring over a thousand people. This is the fault of Netanyahu; now he has put all Jews in a precarious position.
You are attempting to deny the obvious by blaming the victims.

Europe in the past decades has allowed a surge of Muslim citizens into their countries. These are the individuals involved in this behavior. Scratch a Muslim and you have an infidel hater--anyone who is not Muslim.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175046 Jul 28, 2014
flack wrote:
If we honored every baby aborted since 1973 with a moment of silence we would be silent for over 100 years.
OH PLEASE.... OH PUH-LEEEEZE.... WELL, YA BETTER GET STARTED, HUH? A JOURNEY OF A THOUSAND MILES?.... I'M BEHIND YOU 100%..

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1175047 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Patrick, stop the sideline sniping and tell me what was wrong with what was stated.
Let's not go to who--between us-- has made the most absurd historical comment lately
You would win that hands down!!

You stupidly try to accuse others of denying terrorism exists.

When in fact no one ever said such a thing..........

Or that Wilson appeased someone in WWI.

But you won't say who!! HAHAHAHAHA

And you didn't know that Wilson was selling war material to Britain while we were still officially neutral..........

""Allow me to set the record straight. The greatest outrage in Reppettoís account came from the Wilson administration, which turned the US into perhaps the chief supplier of arms to the Allied side. Wilsonís decision in 1915 to allow American arms manufacturers to sell to both sides was a belligerent act directed against the Central Powers. Only one side was in a position to acquire American arms, because Germany at the time, as everyone knew, was being blockaded. The English blockade, which was aimed at starving the Germans, arguably in violation of international law, also kept arms from reaching Germany and its ally Austria-Hungary.""

http://www.theamericanconservative.com/german...

----------

So much for Roxblow's 'appeasement' bullshit.

You come here and make stupid comments and get nailed for them.

But it doesn't stop Roxblow from lying. Rinse and repeat.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175048 Jul 28, 2014
TSM wrote:
Illegals demand access to White House, Iím sure Obama will roll out the Red Carpet!!
DUDE, DID YOU SEE THAT PINK PIG FLYIN' AROUND THIS MORNIN'? I THOUGHT SHE'D GONE BACK TO ALASKA?...
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1175049 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the Republican plan to cover all Americans.
Obama ignored the Republican plans, so did Reid. The Republicans did present several plans that were better than ObamaKare,but since Obama decided that he would ignore them,our country suffers. The Republican committees that provided plans all had Medical Doctors on the committees. No Democrat Congressmen that worked on ObamaKare were doctors.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1175050 Jul 28, 2014
flack wrote:
If we honored every baby aborted since 1973 with a moment of silence we would be silent for over 100 years.
JEEZ, IT JUST OCCURRED TO ME THAT ONE OF MY KIDS MIGHT'VE BEEN THE FIRST ONE!

“Stop Child Soldiers”

Location hidden

#1175051 Jul 28, 2014
Left disconnect

https://twitter.com/WayneDupreeShow/status/49...

Do they realize Hamas would hang them?

Location hidden

#1175052 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
A person who favors giving terrorist numerous homelands from which to launch attacks on the US.
We saw this same plan of appeasement and indifference prior to both World Wars, but some continue to believe This time it will work.
Prior to both World Wars?
How did "appeasement and indifference " cause World War I (1914 - 1918)
Don't run away
She's been running from that lie all day!!

then she attempted to answer it with pure bullshit.

Keep her running, Patrick.

The little lying POS needs to be b*tch-slapped real good!!

Location hidden

#1175053 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to run away?
All Roxblow does is lie and run from her lies..........

Location hidden

#1175054 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Already answered several hours ago. This is the second time I have referred you to the original post
Your answer was pure bullshit..........

Try again..

Or admit to your stupidity. I've got plenty of time to torment you with this, you lying sack of feces..
For the truth

New York, NY

#1175055 Jul 28, 2014
Film at a 11 wrote:
<quoted text>Description of the perp ? be lack
In other words, if Obama had a son, he'd look just like him.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1175056 Jul 28, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Waiting for the Republican plan to cover all Americans.
ObamaKare was never designed to cover all United States citizens,it was designed to add thousands of rules,regulations and taxes on hard working citizens in order to give government control of the freedom of the population.
Positronium-isra el

North Creek, NY

#1175057 Jul 28, 2014
Jeebuss wrote:
Yep.
People don't care. They just wanted a black president. Period.
You're right, they have no one to blame but themselves when taxes skyrocket and the military becomes downsized, leaving us vulnerable to attacks.
They are actually happy that they have put this country in danger.
Absolutely correct.

Location hidden

#1175058 Jul 28, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I will give you the same question I gave to another poster and still waiting for an answer to.
Did Wilson's efforts to claim we had no interest in the war involving Europe and most of Asia and attempting to appease all parties keep us out of WW One?
Did Wilson's attempts to "mediate" a solution that would make all parties happy keep us out of WWI?
You have to give examples of the appeasement.

You seem to think that just by making the accusation, it becomes true.

Welcome to ROxblow's world, where she also accuses others of denying terrorism exists, yet can't say who ever said such a thing.

She just makes stupid statements and accusations.

So how was our selling weapons to England And France prior to our entry to WWI appeasement in any way or form??

I expect an answer..........in detail, no more of your stupidity.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1175059 Jul 28, 2014
flack wrote:
If we honored every dumbass post you made with a moment of silence we would be silent for over 100 years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 min I am WHO I am 12,235
last post wins! (Dec '10) 48 min Alyssa76 3,266
Trump is A 3 hr Independent Thinker 614
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr RACE 105,472
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 8 hr Black Ice 72,074
What are the best adult dating sites in Chicago ? 8 hr Big Gay Al 5
News Shooting victim's funeral in Evanston erupts in... (Mar '08) 18 hr GANG banger whoop... 81

Chicago Jobs

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages