Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418201 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174368 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama will use the UN toadies as an excuse to sell out Israel and support radical Islam......
What's it to you? Islam is an idea... Israel is a place..... They are not comparable
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174369 Jul 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Then they cry for the Daddy US to solve their conflicts? Let them fight to the finish.
Imagine President Obama getting on national tv and saying "you're all on your own, deal with it"
perhaps the only solution to the Palestinian problem....
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174370 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
elections have consequences, as the Palestinians are now learning....
If only you were similarly educable...

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1174371 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
insignificant compared to the ongoing slaughter in Syria and Iraq.....
True, but they have nothing in common with each other. DUH

One is a muslim Civil War.

the other is Israeli genocide on Palestinians.

The UN is already drawing up War Crimes charges..........
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174372 Jul 27, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not dealing in fantasies here but reality. The reality is if the Dems lose LA, SD, WV and others listed they will be in an uphill battle to regain those seats.
I hate to be the squeaky wheel about this but you still haven't stated What exactly it is you ARE dealing in. Exactly whose side are you on?

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#1174373 Jul 27, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to forget who is responsible for this mess in the first place...israel. They were looking for an excuse to bomb the Gaza tunnels and they used the random killing of three teens as an excuse to start yet another war with Gaza. They were and are the aggressors and Hamas had every right to retaliate and they have every right to make demands on israel to end the attacks.
"uslesssinceforever"
Israel has every right to refuse the demands of a the murdering hamas terrorists. Israel would probably quit bombing if hamas would quit launching rockets in to their civilian population. centers. Why does not hamas spend their monies to help their population, develop industry, create some jobs?
You do not have to prove with your inane posts that you have a dream, a dream of a world with no Jews. Your mantra the only good Jew is a dead Jew.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174374 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
insignificant compared to the ongoing slaughter in Syria and Iraq.....
So, um, what does that mean, in your opinion, in regards to Benghazi?
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174375 Jul 27, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"uslesssinceforever"
Israel has every right to refuse the demands of a the murdering hamas terrorists. Israel would probably quit bombing if hamas would quit launching rockets in to their civilian population. centers. Why does not hamas spend their monies to help their population, develop industry, create some jobs?
You do not have to prove with your inane posts that you have a dream, a dream of a world with no Jews. Your mantra the only good Jew is a dead Jew.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
She's not here, Dumbo, however, I think we all can agree that labeling the guy who owns the land you want a terrorist is a sure-fire way to be able to justify killing him?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174377 Jul 27, 2014
Flacks News wrote:
<quoted text>
What's it to you? Islam is an idea... Israel is a place..... They are not comparable
Gaza is nothing more than the latest flash point in the ongoing was between radical Islam and the rest of the world....
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1174378 Jul 27, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
True, but they have nothing in common with each other. DUH
One is a muslim Civil War.
the other is Israeli genocide on Palestinians.
The UN is already drawing up War Crimes charges..........
Nuculur who care about the UN other than Liberals/Democrats; there about as Dysfunctional as Obama’s presidency!!
Nostrilis Waxman

New Hyde Park, NY

#1174379 Jul 27, 2014
I'm rollin and trollin, lurking and jerkin, judging my days away.

I'm WAXMAN and I'm back!!!!!!!!!!

Bwaaaaahaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaa aaaa!!!!!!!!
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174380 Jul 27, 2014
Whose side are you on?

Which of the following best describes your core beliefs?

1. I believe in Jesus Christ the savior above all else.
2. I believe in market capitalism above all else.
3. I believe whatever I'm told to believe and I have no core beliefs.
4 I am paid to post pro-Israeli propaganda.
5. I am an American first and that's it.
6. I'm an Earth Firster.
7. I think America should mind its own business.
8. I believe in family above all else.
9. I'm a nihilist and believe in nothing.
10. I'm an Arab.

Please feel free to suggest different core beliefs you may have, but each of us must pick only one.

Location hidden

#1174381 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
without voter ID, anybody can vote......
in California, the only documentation required to register on-line is a driver's license number......
so, anybody can register.....
So we did just fine for over 230 years, and suddenly we need Voter ID's??

Not according to the Constitution, we don't.

You just want it because you're a racist hater, afraid of blacks and hispanics taking over. Which is exactly what is happening, as whites fade away demographically..........

----------

""President Lyndon B. Johnson, himself a southerner, urged Congress on March 15, 1965, to pass legislation “which will make it impossible to thwart the 15th amendment.” He reminded Congress that “we cannot have government for all the people until we first make certain it is government of and by all the people.”
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174382 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Gaza is nothing more than the latest flash point in the ongoing was between radical Islam and the rest of the world....
Says the rat with a spoon stirring the pot...

Location hidden

#1174383 Jul 27, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
All thanks to Bush's wars.

The Islamists appear to be winning..........
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174384 Jul 27, 2014
C'mon kiddos, if we don't know where you're coming from, how will we figure out where you're going?
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174385 Jul 27, 2014
Here, I'll go first... 6
Flacks News

Alexandria, VA

#1174386 Jul 27, 2014
So. Now everyone knows precisely how to deal with me and where my central focus lies. See how easy that was? The way this was going any of us could be talking to... a terrorist for all we know?..

Location hidden

#1174387 Jul 27, 2014
Earth Is In The Early Days Of A New Mass-Extinction Event, Researchers Warn

""Remember the mass-extinction event that wiped out the dinosaurs? Earth is apparently on the verge of another great biological extinction, and humans are solely to blame.

Scientists have previously classified five large-scale losses of animal life as mass-extinction events, all of which occurred millions of years ago. In recent years, the planet has seen the loss of hundreds of species of animals, and according to a new analysis from an international team, the planet may be in the early days of its sixth mass-extinction event.

As part of the study, researchers analyzed previous studies and scientific data to draw their conclusion that human activities and population surges worldwide -- not a catastrophic event, like an asteroid impact, for example -- are responsible for the drastic decline of animal life. Lead author Rodolfo Dirzo, a biology professor at Stanford University, cites actions like overexploitation of resources and habitat destruction as examples of harmful human activities.

Since 1500, 322 terrestrial vertebrates have become extinct, the authors said in their analysis, published Friday in the journal Science. Of the remaining land-dwelling species of vertebrates, there has been a 25 percent average decline in abundance. The situation also appears to be dire for invertebrates, with a 45 percent decline in monitored species.

So what does this mean for the planet?

There may be unforeseen consequences, aside from the possible extinction of threatened species.

"We tend to think about extinction as loss of a species from the face of Earth, and that's very important, but there's a loss of critical ecosystem functioning in which animals play a central role that we need to pay attention to as well," Dirzo said in a statement.

Dirzo pointed to potential trickle-down effects, such as threats to ecosystems that are currently stable and even risks to human health.

"Where human density is high, you get high rates of [animal decline], high incidence of rodents, and thus high levels of pathogens, which increases the risks of disease transmission," Dirzo said in the statement, adding, "It can be a vicious circle."

Biologists from Duke University reported in May that Earth is on the verge of the sixth mass-extinction event. Their study, which focused on the past and present rates of extinction, found that plant and animal life are going extinct 1,000 times faster than they did before the arrival of human populations.""

----------

Mankind is a parasite destroying our planet.

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

#1174388 Jul 27, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi Demos! Carol still hasn't gotten over Obamas election
Jeez, its been like six years!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 21 min SweLL GirL 9,382
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 1 hr whatimeisit 3,034
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr silver surfer 222,412
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Ize Found 70,941
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr Red_Forman 2,421
last post wins! (Apr '13) 1 hr Red_Forman 1,468
Instagram upload from windows 10 PC? 5 hr jeskkaphilli618 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 11 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages