Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1396482 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

WAKE UP DEM

Lillington, NC

#1174199 Jul 27, 2014
Status Update

By Mike Huckabee

I’ve been asked several times what is the Christian thing to do about the tens of thousands of unaccompanied children who have fled to the United States illegally. Let’s be clear—there is a Christian thing and there’s a government thing. I find it interesting that the same people who scream for separation of church and state now want the government to act like a church and provide assistance and benevolence. Helping the poor and aiding the homeless and the helpless is indeed the duty of the church. But the duty of the government is to protect us—not provide for us. If the border agents are playing wet nurse and changing diapers and beds, then we aren’t protected very well. Render unto Caesar the things that are Caesar’s and unto God the things that are God’s. If Christians would give a dime of each dollar in tithes to fund assistance to the needy, the government wouldn’t need to be a big charity.

Government isn’t supposed to rearrange people’s social standing and redistribute income. Instead of straining social service budgets and education budgets and court budgets in the US, it would be better if our government acted competently and did its Constitutional job to secure our borders. The churches, charities and relief organizations could deliver supplies to those in need around the world. We should be interested in helping the people of other nations experience the fruits of freedom and free enterprise. If they wish to come to America, we should welcome them when they come through the same legal process that we would have to go through to go to their countries. But to not have a border is to not have a brain. We can love people and love security at the same time. But if you give up security, you really don’t love the people very much either.

I am not a great fan of the huckster but this is well thought out and reasonable. Our problem is not a Christian one but a Governmental one. Are we a sovereign country or not? Our country is being inundated by illegal immigrants and we are supposed to care for them because they could not make ends meet in their own country so paid for a trip here? And how are they going to make ends meet here without handouts by people who actually work for a living themselves? Our borders MUST be closed to control the imports and further immigration. These illegals should be DEPORTED as quickly as they arrive. If some children are passed on to existing families within the USA and those families are found to also ne illegals (NON-CITIZENS) then the whole lot should be deported together.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174200 Jul 27, 2014
POST IT, PECKERWOOD... OR LEARN TO READ....
WAKE UP DEM

Lillington, NC

#1174201 Jul 27, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
The Affirmative Action Jackass ended his Oath of Office with "...so help me God" but three things:
1.) He had his fingers crossed on both hands while reciting the Oath
2.) Allah is his leash-holder and
2.) God abandoned the azzhole in the back seat of a Chicago Limo.
America has a broken rudder stuck pointing Left.
ROFLMAO
YOU ARE RIGHT !!!
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1174203 Jul 27, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary lost because she had lousy advisors who gave her bad advice and ran a half assed campaign dimwit. Hopefully she's learned that lesson this time around.
There were no dirty politics you delusional twit!
Don't even go into lies stupid. Do you really want to go into the numerous falsities that Mendacious Mitt and his running mate Lyin' Ryan put out during the campaign like for example Jeep production going to China?
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!
Wrong as usual idiot. God! No wonder your son went to a school that has such low standards, coming from a moron like you.

Obama won for three main reasons.

1 - He was the best lying snake oil salesman, slick talking weasel you Democrats had.

2 - Black vote locked in

3 - He was the most radical leftist at a time when the Democrats (now) have morphed into a bunch of far left wingers so the base in the Democrat primaries went for him

Hillary Clinton did very well as a candidate and had a great team as well, that was not the reason you moron. Now, seven years later with two more to go, she is an old bag like you.

You're an idiot DUH-Pont; you always have been and always will be!

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1174204 Jul 27, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Overall, it seems clear that Hamas knows that many of these conditions could never be met. Israel would never allow Hamas to be rewarded for the violence of the past eight days.
The terms are to satisfy Hamas who are terrorists!! No way!!
Hamas cannot win against a righteous and thus more powerful force so they seek the assistance of UN toadies and at the very least a small propaganda win through terms of a cease fire.

Saving face means a lot in the Arab world of Allah Freaks.

Lapeer, MI

#1174205 Jul 27, 2014
Fill in the Blanks wrote:
<quoted text> Do you solemnly swear to tell the Truth the whole truth and nothing but the Truth so help me God " I DO" doesn't mean it's going to make them tell the truth .Pastor to the Woman do you take this man to be your loftly wedded Husband ,"I do" says the woman" Do you take this woman to be your loftly wedded wife" says the Husband, enter a cigar and a broad in a blue dress .
These sorts of solemn oaths are an attempt by society to appeal to the oath-taker's conscience.

Trouble is, many do not have a conscience.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174206 Jul 27, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
Good point.
UH-HUH... NOW HERE'S ONE FOR YOU... IT APPEARS TO BE SOMEWHAT CONTROVERSIAL YOU MIGHT HAVE TO EAT IT AFTER YOU FIND SOMEONE TO TELL YOU WHAT IT SAYS....

NO, DUMPLING.... LET "ME" CLARIFY A COUPLE OF THINGS.... FROM THE OXFORD ENGLISH DICTIONARY: "RETARDED: LESS ADVANCED IN MENTAL, PHYSICAL, OR SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT THAN IS USUAL FOR ONE'S AGE..." GEORGE BUSH WAS STILL A CHILD UNTIL AGE 44. HE DRANK TO UNCONSCIOUSNESS, REVELED IN COCAINE AND VERY NEARLY DESTROYED HIMSELF AND OTHERS, UNTIL WHAT MOST PEOPLE WOULD DESCRIBE AS, "MIDDLE AGE." I'M SO SORRY, "THAT'S" THE DEFINITION OF RETARDED.

WHEN ONE DELAYS ADULTHOOD UNTIL MIDDLE AGE FOR REASONS OF ALCOHOL AND ILLEGAL DRUG ABUSE ONE'S PHYSIOLOGIC
CONDITION ATROPHIES AND DISTORTS, FOR A VARIETY OF REASONS, PARTICULARLY IN THE BRAIN. IN THIS CONDITION IT IS NOT UNCOMMON FOR THE SUBJECT TO EXPERIENCE HALLUCINATION AND SUFFER DELUSIONAL,SCHIZOPHRENIC EPISODES..." PROBABLY BEST IF WE HADN'T LET HIM DRIVE, DEAR.... DAMAGED GOODS...

I CAN REMEMBER HAVING THIS DISCUSSION IN NORTHERN VIRGINIA WITH A PHARMACIST WHO'D JUST RETURNED FROM A MASSIVE "BIBLICAL" CONVENTION IN TEXAS. IT WAS HER CONTENTION THAT, "GOD HEALED HIS BRAIN." AND THAT'S FINE WITH ME... BUT NOW LET GOD REANIMATE THE ONE MILLION LIVES LOST FOR A CHILD-LIKE WHIM AND BRING BACK THE AMERICAN REPUTATION AS WELL AS OUR FIVE TRILLION DOLLARS AND WE'LL CALL IT EVEN... IF THE BOY CAN DO THE ONE, DON'T YOU THINK HE SHOULD BE ABLE TO DO THE OTHER?

SOME NIMROD IN HERE SUGGESTED LAST NIGHT THAT GEORGE BUSH JUNIOR, THE RETARDED DRUNKARD, "WOULDN'T" EVEN HAVE INVADED AND DESTROYED IRAQ WERE IT NOT FOR THE GOADING OF VERY PARTICULAR DEMOCRATIC SENATORS AND THE "MEDIA'.... HAHAHAHAHAH... REWRITING HIS HISTORY AS "WELL" AS HIS MEDICAL AND "SERVICE" RECORDS ALREADY?... UNH-UH, HONEY... NOT ON MY WATCH... "YOU BREAK IT... YOU BOUGHT IT"

AND EVEN IF HE HAD DONE SO IN SOME PARALLEL UNIVERSE, IS THAT REALLY WHAT A "LEADER" DOES? HE TAKES DIRECTIONS FROM HIS LIEUTENANTS? EVEN THE PEASANTS??? NO, SWEETIE, THE BUCK STOPS THERE... FOR EVERYONE....

YES, IT'S TRUE,'AT THE TIME MOST EVERYONE AGREED WITH HIM,' AND THERE WAS A REASON FOR THAT: IN A CRISIS, IN ORDER FOR A LEADER TO LEAD, YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF HIS OR HER WAY AND LET THEM... DOESN'T THAT MAKE SENSE DEAR? OR DO YOU SIT AT STOP SIGNS WITH THE FAMILY DISCUSSING WHICH WAY TO GET TO THE PIGGLY WIGGILY DURING A TORNADO?

IN ORDER TO DECIDE, SOMEONE MUST MAKE A DECISION, RIGHT, PUMPKIN? ULTIMATELY, IT'S THE DRIVER, WHICH IN YOUR CASE MEANS THE ONE WITH THE MOST TEETH PRESUMABLY, HOWEVER, IT'S THE PRESIDENT FOR THE REST OF US. JUST IMAGINE HOW FUN IT WOULD BE FOR YOU SIMPLE FOLK IF, WHEN THE TORNADO WAS BEARING DOWN ON YOU, YOU PUT YOUR GRUBBY HANDS OVER THE DRIVER'S EYES AND SET FIRE TO THE TRUCK? THE WAY OUT OF CRISES, HONEY, IS BY AGREEING TO DISAGREE AND MOVING OUT FROM UNDER THE PIANO BEFORE IT LANDS ON YOUR CRACKER ASS. DUH.

DID I 'CLARIFY' THINGS FOR YOU SUFFICIENTLY THIS TIME? I ALREADY SORT OF KNOW THE ANSWER...

Lapeer, MI

#1174207 Jul 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Old Waxturd is most definitely in a mental ward, or at the very least a shut in, but his inheritance part is I'm sure just another of his mental fantasies. Idiots like him are our best weapons. Totally clueless and filled with blind hatred.
So who in the hell opened your full diaper this morning?

Sue 'em and shoot 'em.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174208 Jul 27, 2014
FURTHERMORE, SUGARPLUM, WHAT I WANT FROM "MY" REPRESENTATIVES IN CONGRESS - THE AMERICAN CONGRESS, NOT THE ISRAELI ONE - IS COMMON SENSE... STANDING UNDER IT WHILE THE PIANO DESCENDS SEEMS.... OVERLY OPTIMISTIC AT THE VERY LEAST... CRIMINAL IS A BETTER DESCRIPTION...

Lapeer, MI

#1174210 Jul 27, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard to believe that a babbling buffoon like you could possible think or believe that you in any way shape or form could change anyone's political mind. I truly believe that most all of you baggers suffer from various stages of insanity. There is no way in hell most of you could ever pass any psychological test. You and Waxturd especially are damaged units, most of the rest are somewhere between stupid and consumed with hatred, bigotry and racism, sadly lacking the ability for self thinking.
Eating Toe Jam causes premature senility and your toes are squeaky clean, doodee.

"....pass any psychological test" means what? Familiarity breeds contempt.

It sounds like you deeply resent having been forced to take these tests continuously during your stay on the Funny Farm.

Do the male nurses force you to "milk the cow" and "choke the chickens", too?

You'd better keep those callouses on your Farm Hand, Doodette:-)

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1174211 Jul 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong as usual idiot. God! No wonder your son went to a school that has such low standards, coming from a moron like you.
Obama won for three main reasons.
1 - He was the best lying snake oil salesman, slick talking weasel you Democrats had.
2 - Black vote locked in
3 - He was the most radical leftist at a time when the Democrats (now) have morphed into a bunch of far left wingers so the base in the Democrat primaries went for him
Hillary Clinton did very well as a candidate and had a great team as well, that was not the reason you moron. Now, seven years later with two more to go, she is an old bag like you.
You're an idiot DUH-Pont; you always have been and always will be!
Only losers need excuses, winners have nothing to explain.
Stick to awarding yourself judge its for dumbass posts like this.

Lapeer, MI

#1174212 Jul 27, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Hillary lost because she had lousy advisors who gave her bad advice and ran a half assed campaign dimwit. Hopefully she's learned that lesson this time around.
There were no dirty politics you delusional twit!
Don't even go into lies stupid. Do you really want to go into the numerous falsities that Mendacious Mitt and his running mate Lyin' Ryan put out during the campaign like for example Jeep production going to China?
Her being broke - financially and morally - probably had something to do with her loss.
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1174213 Jul 27, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Bush won close to half of the Hispanic vote as well. And spoke Spanish fluently.
Democrats have always had their turn at the presidency. They used to win by what they stood for and it was always in the best interests of the country. Democratic presidents have always reached across the aisle and represented even those who didn't vote for them.
Now it's strictly party loyalty and party advantage by any means necessary and at any cost, ideologues demonizing any and all opposition and trying to silence any and all criticism, using the race card to label entire segments of the population and starting invisible wars which never seem to be a problem until an election year dividing Americans to gin up the liberal base is all they got now.
You can't be proud to be associated with the new and unrecognizable Democratic Party?
Still trying to sell that delusional crap you damned liar? It's the Republicans who took a blood oath to obstruct anything coming out of the White House you clueless twit.
The only ones that Republicans care about are their ultra wealthy paymasters. This was shown clearly in the Ryan budget that made the wealthy even wealthier and cut programs that benefitted the poor and the middle class.
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174214 Jul 27, 2014
(..I KEEP THINKING OF ADDENDUMS...)... MOREOVER, IF DECISIONS ARE GOING TO BE MADE IN A CRISIS - YOU DON'T NEED LEADERS WITHOUT ONE - THEY ARE PROBABLY BEST MADE ON THE BASIS OF THE PIANO'S ACTUAL LOCATION RELATIVE TO THE ABOUT-TO-BE-INJURED PARTY RATHER THAN, SAY, WHAT GOD THINKS WE OUGHT TO DO... TALK TO THE LIONS IF YOU DOUBT MY LOGIC...

Lapeer, MI

#1174217 Jul 27, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Only losers need excuses, winners have nothing to explain.
Stick to awarding yourself judge its for dumbass posts like this.
OK. I give up.

So what's your excuse?
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174218 Jul 27, 2014
YOU KNOW WHAT I LIKE TO DO FOR FUN?.... NO, I MEAN OTHER THAN THAT... MY MOST FUNNEST THING IS TO FIND A SLOTH-LIKE, PETULANT CHILD AND GO TO WALMART FOR GROCERIES... BUT WE NEVER GET ANY BECAUSE WE END UP DRAGGING EACH OTHER IN DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS... HE TOWARDS THE INFANTS TOY DEPARTMENT, AND ME TOWARDS THE SCORPION INFESTED BANANAS...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174220 Jul 27, 2014
carol wrote:
<quoted text> Don't let up, this is what exactly happened in 1932 I guess. An I'm a CHRISTian,a little heads up, lets say I am the m. P.S. Fk THEM. PS 1more time, 144,000 the 12 tribes of ISRAEL come at the after of the end. PS the days of old
AND NOW LET ME CLARIFY THIS POST FOR THE.. UNINITIATED, TO WIT:" I HATE MY LIFE.. I REGRET MY HORRIBLE, LEMMING-LIKE LOT IN IT... I DESPISE ARROGANT YANKEES.. AND, FRANKLY, THE ONLY REWARD I EVER EXPECT TO SEE IS IN THE NEXT WORLD... IN FACT, THE SOONER THE BETTER."

WELL, PILGRIM... BY SHEER COINCIDENCE YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE... THIS IS WHERE APOCALYPTIC CULTS COME TO DIE...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174221 Jul 27, 2014
carol wrote:
<quoted text>SPEAK UP I CAN'T HEAR YOU Or at least say 1 plus 1 = 3 it would more comprehendible coming from you..
Is THAT LOUD ENOUGH FOR YOU, BABY-GIRL?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174222 Jul 27, 2014
INCIDENTALLY, IT'S A LOT EASIER TO START AT THE TOP AND WORK YOUR WAY TO THE BOTTOM, AS I HAD ASSUMED YOU FOLKS KNEW ALREADY?...
THE DEVIL

Boston, MA

#1174224 Jul 27, 2014
carol wrote:
<quoted text> Don't let up, this is what exactly happened in 1932 I guess. An I'm a CHRISTian,a little heads up, lets say I am the m. P.S. Fk THEM. PS 1more time, 144,000 the 12 tribes of ISRAEL come at the after of the end. PS the days of old
THAT...'DON'T LET UP" THINGY CAUGHT MY ATTENTION, SUGAR... IT TELLS ME TWO THINGS: 1. YOU'RE SCARED... 2. YOU'RE SCARED THAT HE'S SCARED... DID YOU MEAN TO TELL ME THAT? DOESN'T IT SEEM A BIT FOOLISH THAT YOU SAID THAT NOW?...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 20 min boundary painter 8,935
News 10 shootings a day: Complex causes of Chicago's... 23 min bozo 1
last post wins! (Apr '13) 29 min boundary painter 1,129
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 37 min boundary painter 1,690
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 37 min CrunchyBacon 102,567
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 39 min Denny CranesPlace 217,112
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 42 min boundary painter 2,720

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages