Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1405043 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174107 Jul 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm going nowhere
perhaps you should go to Gaza and lend your support to Hamas before they get their butts kicked.....
Patrick

United States

#1174108 Jul 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
understanding that Patsy is posting a joke column, the fact is that most modern offices are essentially paperless and require very little in the way of "office supplies"....except for employees to steal for their kids....
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Many of them breathe deeply each time they "get slammed from behind".

Love to the rescue!

Nobama
LOL
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174109 Jul 26, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
In the wake of the revelation from the U.S. Department of Heath and Human Services, which indicated that some unaccompanied miigrant children had already been settled into Idaho, it turns out that the vast majority of children arriving in the U.S. from Central America are already in the custody of relatives.
And the New York Times is reporting that a total of 30,340 migrant children have been released to sponsors, according to the Office of Refugee Resettlement.
Children who are not able to find qualified sponsors (about 10 percent of the total) are placed in long-term shelters or foster care.
The majority of the children are from El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.
and all of these "sponsors" have been screened to determine that they have adequate living conditions and don't plan to pimp out the kids or use them as drug runners.....

by the way, who pays to educate these illegal aliens???...

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1174110 Jul 26, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it amazing these old liberals still remember how to breathe.
I'm so thankful that when I go to bed tonight I know I won't wake up in a Connecticut mental ward in the morning. I'll sleep well knowing I'm in a house I bought with money I earned and didn't spend my life sponging off "family money".

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#1174111 Jul 26, 2014
Nuke,
What I'm trying to say is that Islam is united by the Sunni/Shia sects who are joined at the hip through a history warring parties.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174112 Jul 26, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
To find out, we would have to stop aiding israel and turn attention to Palestine. We would have to spend the next 65 years arming the Palestinians and building up their military and infrastructure like we did israel. Then and only then could there be a fair fight.
too late, too bad, you lose, so sad......

why are Palestinians all suicidal???...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1174113 Jul 26, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>And wasn't Nixon impeached?
no.....
Patrick

United States

#1174114 Jul 26, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
and all of these "sponsors" have been screened to determine that they have adequate living conditions and don't plan to pimp out the kids or use them as drug runners.....
by the way, who pays to educate these illegal aliens???...
......same people that pay your government job salary?

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1174115 Jul 26, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't play coy and stupid again, OK?
We're talking about a *Program* that Magic Negro Boy perverted into political gain from minority voters.
Back to you - act stupid some more:-)
show where Obama changed th eprogram tha existed when Bush was President.

You can't. So you lose, as usual, nitwit.

Don't ever try to pretend you have a brain and are capable of discussion with your superiors.

Which include warthogs and bonobos. Even chipmunks.

Location hidden

#1174116 Jul 26, 2014
Flacks News wrote:
<quoted text>
Your conclusion assumes parity where there is none... a parlor trick...
No parlor trick, Jews were the underdogs.

“On Deck”

Since: Aug 08

French Polynesia

#1174117 Jul 26, 2014
Nuke,
You really are naive to think that sometime in the next ten godzillion years that Sunni and Shia Islam are going to kiss and make up.

Location hidden

#1174118 Jul 26, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Nuke,
What I'm trying to say is that Islam is united by the Sunni/Shia sects who are joined at the hip through a history warring parties.
Who cares??

And yes,the Sunni/Shia schism will play out in our time. It's happening.

Whether it resolves centuries of conflict is questionable, but it must play out without western, or Christian, interference.

We set the stage. Let them resolve how to live together. Or not.

We only care because there's so much oil in the Middle East. It has ever been so, since the riches were first discovered.

If there was no oil security involved, we'd let them fight to the death.

Location hidden

#1174119 Jul 26, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Nuke,
You really put your foot in your mouth this time.
The Sunni/Shia tiff has been going on for 1600 years.
It is part of the fabric of Islam and is not about to end in any of our lifetimes.
But a new accomodation can, and must, be reached.

Best if we stay out of it. Let Russia supply Iraq and get drawn into another Tarbaby. They've got restive muslim populations all around them.

Location hidden

#1174120 Jul 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares??
And yes,the Sunni/Shia schism will play out in our time. It's happening.
Whether it resolves centuries of conflict is questionable, but it must play out without western, or Christian, interference.
We set the stage. Let them resolve how to live together. Or not.
We only care because there's so much oil in the Middle East. It has ever been so, since the riches were first discovered.
If there was no oil security involved, we'd let them fight to the death.
Should we stand by and allow them to murder hundreds of thousands of innocent people? We tried that prior to WW2 and what happened?

Location hidden

#1174121 Jul 26, 2014
loose cannon wrote:
Nuke,
You really are naive to think that sometime in the next ten godzillion years that Sunni and Shia Islam are going to kiss and make up.
Show me where I said any such thing.

They will fight, and eventually they'll come to an agreement, as they have thru the centuries.

Or one side will prevail and destroy the other.

What does that have to do with the USA??

BTW, Jew and Christians haven't kissed and made up in 2000 years. Christians have slaughtered Jews thru the millenia, mostly for killing Christ, according to Roman Catholic teachings.

So you think religous tensions are different for muslims?? You're naive.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1174122 Jul 26, 2014
WASHINGTON (AP)— President Barack Obama's request for billions of dollars to deal with migrant children streaming across the border set off Democrats and Republicans. Lawmakers in both parties complained that the White House — six years in — still doesn't get it when it comes to working with Congress.

http://news.msn.com/us/lawmakers-complain-oba...

How come Democrats in Congress get it and Democrats on here don't get it that Obama still doesn't get it?
Patrick

United States

#1174123 Jul 26, 2014
Palm Beach County Sheriff R B, at the urging of immigrant advocates, Tuesday agreed to stop routinely holding people in jail because of citizenship questions.

B now joins the Broward Sheriff's Office, Miami-Dade Police Department and a host of law enforcement agencies across the country that have stopped automatically complying with federal "detainer requests" to temporarily jail people who may not be living in the country legally.

A detainer request is supposed keep someone in jail for up to 48 hours until U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement can take them into custody for potential deportation.

But immigrant advocates say the practice is unfair because it subjects people to jail time without a court finding probable cause to do so.

They also say it creates fear of local law enforcement among immigrant communities, making people less likely to report crimes or cooperate with criminal investigations.

Location hidden

#1174124 Jul 26, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
Should we stand by and allow them to murder hundreds of thousands of innocent people? We tried that prior to WW2 and what happened?
Are you dumb enough to think we can stop it??

We tried, and failed.

?Nationbuilding doesn't work. Didn't work in Vietnam, didn't work in Iraq, didn't work in Afganistan.

We just supply corrupt leaders with money and they tell us what we want to hear.

As we learned in Iraq, the Army walked away from tremendously valuable weaponry, which IS is using to their advantage.

That's nationbuilding. They take our money and ignore our advice.

Let them figure it out. We tried.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1174125 Jul 26, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>That's some really funny hit babe__FOX News got Obama elected to his second term.
Hah__first Glenn Beck admitted that he was making tens of miilion$ for his shows entertainment value and then apologized for the damage he created within the Republican party adding that he had no idea that "his audience was so fragile." Fragile explains your idiocy to a T.
Ordinary Republicans and conservatives hate crazy mofos like you__what part of that don't you understand?
Before an interview with "Pay Czar" Kenneth Feinberg, this administration announced Fox News would be banned from the press pool. It marked the first time in history that an administration attempted to ban an entire network from the press pool.

To their credit, the other networks objected. They told the White House that if Fox were banned, none of the other networks would participate. The White House relented, but in an apparent act of petulant retaliation, it restricted each network to a two-minute interview instead of the standard five.

Sounds about right - mentality-wise..."act of petulant retaliation..."

You don't remember this? Were you kept in the dark about this too?

Location hidden

#1174126 Jul 26, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you dumb enough to think we can stop it??
We tried, and failed.
?Nationbuilding doesn't work. Didn't work in Vietnam, didn't work in Iraq, didn't work in Afganistan.
We just supply corrupt leaders with money and they tell us what we want to hear.
As we learned in Iraq, the Army walked away from tremendously valuable weaponry, which IS is using to their advantage.
That's nationbuilding. They take our money and ignore our advice.
Let them figure it out. We tried.
We could have stopped it in WW2 but people like you say ignore it until it bites you in the butt. Obama lost the peace in Iraq. The war was won.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Dec '10) 23 min Red_Forman 2,276
last post wins! (Apr '13) 27 min Red_Forman 1,260
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 41 min dictard himself 219,613
Fat Ankles and hairy toes. 2 hr 3rd base hoagie 40
Chicago has the Worst Women 2 hr 3rd base hoagie 39
News Expect more barricades, security checks at Loll... 3 hr 3rd base hoagie 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 8 hr Sublime1 103,234

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages