Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275188 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1171816 Jul 23, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you hate gays as much as you hate Jews?
Do you hate the truth as much as you lie?

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1171817 Jul 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? Let him die; was the republicans chant you liar. You're last question is just utter nonsense. So you agree with Douchebag? You've change your tune; you were the one who thought the children should stay. I have said from the beginning send them back.
Someone is calling for help with a loved one dying and you agree with Douchebag? You're a devil. I hope for your sake that you're not in a foreign country laying on the ground dying and someone demands that you speak Spanish. Do you realize what a dirtbag you are?
Thankfully most people are not like you, now go pray for your soul till your knees bleed.
So does this response mean you and your liberal friends WOULD pay for someone's lifelong catastrophic medical expenses on your own then?

It was hard to tell because you changed the subject.

I agreed with you about Doocy's comments. And suggested your town should have been called instead. It would have sent a good message to the rest of the country if you had been the first to pay more in taxes out of your own wallets.

My first response was that these children had to be fed and given shelter when they first crossed the border. But they need to be sent back to their parents. Even under worse conditions. The conditions here aren't so great for many of them either. Without their parents, much worse.

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1171818 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
They just let you out?
Russians like me. They said I can come home. Now, let's try this again....

I see nothing has changed here.
If Obama was complying with the law, this event would never have happened because they wouldn't even be here.
By the way, since we have enough work here to support a population of over 30 million illegal aliens, why do we even have a welfare program? Stop the welfare program and the illegal alien problem will fix itself.

... a penny for your thoughts.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1171819 Jul 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Carol was his history teacher.
I was just curious how far back history needed to be rolled back.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171820 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Protesters converge on Florida Gov. Rick Scott’s fundraiser with private prison CEO
Members of several civil rights groups held a last-minute demonstration against Florida Gov. Rick Scott (R) outside the $10,000-a-plate fundraiser that was mocked by comedian John Oliver earlier this week, New Times Broward Palm Beach reported.
Scott’s appearance at the Boca Raton home of GEO Group CEO George Zoley was reportedly protested met by members of Florida For All, immigration rights group Dreamers Moms and the Dream Defenders.
“I think that Zoley is the CEO of a prison that is seemingly getting away with egregious practices speaks to people’s sense of right and wrong,” Florida For All spokesperson Ana Tinsly told New Times.“I think people are very upset to find that Rick Scott has such a cordial relationship with this CEO.”
http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/07/22/protest...
Florida should ship prisoners to Fort Jefferson....no guards required.....
Just wondering

Anonymous Proxy

#1171821 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He apparently still thinks he's an excellent community organizer like in Chicago...and if the government keeps throwing money at a problem, the cause of the problem will just go away.
He truly believes his heart is in the right place and, therefore, the really bad guys of the world's hearts will change if he just reaches out to them.
Sadly, he's extremely naïve when it comes to global matters and the realities of the world.
The all almighty, all powerful Oracle speaks!

http://soundbible.com/1657-Toilet-Flushing.ht...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171822 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
what would have happened if there were 189 Israelis on that plane that was shot down?
World War effing 3 would have happened. Did you see the Dutch waiting for the bodies to be returned to them? Did they speak of bombing the smithereens out of Russia? Do the Dutch have the right to defend themselves? Russia murdered 189 of their citizens.
I know, that was very moving and sad. Israels day is coming.If the Muslims were to ever unite Israel would be history, they could walk into Israel and take over.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1171823 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
So now the U.S. has released millions of dollars to Iran because they were kind enough to continue talking to us another four months while they have another four months to finish their nuclear weapons program.
We'd all better be prepared for the worst. Israel will not wait until Iran has played the U.S. like a fiddle up until the very last note.
Well gee son.

You people backed Assad in Syria....

Putin backed Assad....

Iran backed Assad...

And you reich wingers backed Assad.

Shouldn't you be thanking Obama instead?

“Constitutionalis t”

Since: Dec 10

Spring, TX

#1171824 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
what would have happened if there were 189 Israelis on that plane that was shot down?
World War effing 3 would have happened. Did you see the Dutch waiting for the bodies to be returned to them? Did they speak of bombing the smithereens out of Russia? Do the Dutch have the right to defend themselves? Russia murdered 189 of their citizens.
The same thing that happened the last time a plane full of jews was shot down over Ukraine. No war started then.
Don't you know any history?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1171825 Jul 23, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers introduced into our economy' economy is on fire!

Old Glory!!!!!!!

'94 Percent Of American Flags Imported Into The U.S. Last Year Came From China'

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/03/amer...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171826 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I saw that on the news. Awful, just awful. Over 600 Palestinians killed, their homes demolished, hospitals and schools demolished, no electricity or water. One teen boy said
"I was planning on becoming a doctor; now I am homeless; what do you think I will become now"?
Will the Israelis just completely annihilate them? They have nowhere to go.
Grateful to be an American living in the US
as long as the rockets fly, Palestinians will die.....

their choice.....

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1171827 Jul 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
UNRWA provides humanitarian aide to Gaza not the stupid tunnels. Most of the tunnels never leave Gaza with the exception of a couple that was located in residential districts in Israel and were used to attack citizens.
Yes, the tunnels were built to store rockets and protect Hamas--women, children, etc don't get to use the bomb shelter.
Enough of the fantasy tour
Hamas is being accused of killing Palestinians so Israel will be blamed. Can't put anything past terrorists who kill children in their own countries.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171828 Jul 23, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
What white Texans are shooting and killing their own children daily?
Source for this insane statement?
Where shall I begin?

Authorities: Man kills 4 children, 2 adults in Texas shooting
http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/09/justice/texas-s...

At Least 194 Children Have Been Shot to Death Since Newtown

&#9726;127 of the children died from gunshots in their own homes, while dozens more died in the homes of friends, neighbors, and relatives.
&#9726;72 of the young victims either pulled the trigger themselves or were shot dead by another kid.
&#9726;In those 72 cases, only 4 adults have been held criminally liable.
&#9726;At least 52 deaths involved a child handling a gun left unsecured.

Additional findings include:
&#9726;60 children died at the hands of their own parents, 50 of them in homicides.
&#9726;The average age of the victims was 6 years old.
&#9726;More than two-thirds of the victims were boys, as were more than three-quarters of the kids who pulled the trigger.
&#9726;The problem was worst over the past year in the South, which saw at least 92 child gun deaths, followed by the Midwest (44), the West (38), and the East (20).
Among the 194 child gun deaths we analyzed, 17 took place in Florida. Seven were accidents, including three involving unsecured weapons in homes. "The children were covered in blood," a shaken witness told a reporter after toddlers in a Lake City home played with a gun and fatally shot an 11-year-old boy in the neck.

Florida's tally was second only to that of Texas, which saw 19 children killed over the last year. By comparison, the other two of the four most populous states, California and New York, saw 11 and 3 deaths, respectively. Already known for strict gun regulations, California and New York both passed additional restrictions after Sandy Hook. Texas, meanwhile, enacted 10 new laws deregulating guns

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2013/12/c...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1171829 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem totally oblivious of just how stupid you are.
----and----

you won't be working for NASA anytime soon....
Just wondering

Anonymous Proxy

#1171830 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this response mean you and your liberal friends WOULD pay for someone's lifelong catastrophic medical expenses on your own then?
It was hard to tell because you changed the subject.
I agreed with you about Doocy's comments. And suggested your town should have been called instead. It would have sent a good message to the rest of the country if you had been the first to pay more in taxes out of your own wallets.
My first response was that these children had to be fed and given shelter when they first crossed the border. But they need to be sent back to their parents. Even under worse conditions. The conditions here aren't so great for many of them either. Without their parents, much worse.
Every post is an ephiphany, a lighting bolt of inspiration.

http://soundbible.com/1657-Toilet-Flushing.ht...
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1171831 Jul 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>On a Sunday in April 2012.
I was very aware of the date. Do you think the New York Times has changed its biases in the past 2 years? I don't think so!!
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1171832 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good teachers leave their politics at the door.
Liberal teachers are why the public schools have become indoctrination institutions.
So you consider pedophilia by the Church "good?"

Unbelievable....
Patrick

United States

#1171833 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Heard a black Republican offer a simple solution - Obama should voluntarily resign the presidency and become the leader of the DNC.
He could campaign and fundraise until his heart's content.
Ironically, a lot of Democrats don't even want him to represent them or their party anymore.
Let us know when this occurs?
Moving to the real world of Tea Party politics

Turns out Todd Akin isn t sorry after all for his legitimate rape comments and stands by them.

The former congressman, who lost the 2012 Senate race in Missouri, has written a book that Politico previewed on Thursday.

By asking the public at large for forgiveness, Akin writes in the book, I was validating the willful misinterpretation of what I had said.

Akin, a conservative Republican locked in a tight race with Democratic Sen. Claire McCaskill, said in a TV interview in summer 2012 that he believes pregnancy can be prevented by a woman involved in legitimate rape because the female body has ways to try to shut that whole thing down.

The firestorm was intense, with criticism coming from top Republicans as well as Democrats. GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney called Akin s comments offensive and wrong and called on him to quit the Senate race. Akin apologized, saying he made a very, very serious error and noted he wasn t the first politician to suffer from foot in mouth disease.

But McCaskill capitalized on the comment in her campaign ads and on the trail, and she easily won a second term and defeated Akin by 16 percentage points.
According to Politico s account of the book, Akin basically is standing by his original comments and blaming the news media for his downfall.

My comment about a woman s body shutting the pregnancy down was directed to the impact of stress on fertilization. This is something fertility doctors debate and discuss, Akin writes. Doubt me? Google stress and infertility, and you will find a library of research on the subject.
Akin s Firing Back: Taking on the Party Bosses and Media Elite to Protect Our Faith and Freedom comes out July 15.

http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/politics/2014/...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171834 Jul 23, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard anyone say let them die. Who said that?
You are a Republican and restricted to only hearing that which you choose to hear.
Patrick

United States

#1171835 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamas is being accused of killing Palestinians so Israel will be blamed. Can't put anything past terrorists who kill children in their own countries.
Do You believe we landed on the Moon or was this a fake?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 26 min Agents of Corruption 54,501
How to get into the USA. 37 min Great Song 2
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 1 hr Uzi 70,158
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 2 hr boundary painter 1,719
last post wins! (Dec '10) 2 hr boundary painter 1,346
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr boundary painter 6,405
ask amy 8-29-15 2 hr boundary painter 2
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 3 hr Fahey Flynn 100,633
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 196,945
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages