Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1395134 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1172451 Jul 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
n Alabama teen is being criticized for posting on Twitter a selfie taken at the Auschwitz Concentration Camp, according to the Washington Post. The photo, seen above, was posted to Twitter on June 20 by Breanna Mitchell and shows the teenager smiling. It was accompanied by the caption,'selfie in the Auschwitz Concentration Camp,' and a smiley emoji. The image sparked massive Internet backlash with some going so far as to threaten Mitchell's life.
In the wake of the uproar, Mitchell has spoken out about the controversial photo, saying that she has no regrets and wouldn't do anything differently.
Mitchell, a recent high school graduate, traveled to Europe in June and visited the camp in Poland on the last day of her trip, the Washington Post reported.
Over the ensuing month, the tweet has amassed more than 4,000 retweets and 2,600 favorites, according to the New York Post. In response to the media attention after her initial tweet, Mitchell tweeted,'Over 150 retweets. Turnnnnnn uppppppp' and 'I'm famous y'all.'
According to Gawker, the teen appeared on TakePart Live on Monday via Skype to tell the host, Meghan McCain, that she doesn't regret the photograph or the tweet.
Mitchell explained that her late father had taught her about the Holocaust, and she traveled to Auschwitz as a way to remember him. Mitchell said she snapped the selfie on the anniversary of his death.
She told McCain that the Holocaust was 'the only thing that ever interested me in history.'
She then went on to explain to the host that she wouldn't take anything back, saying,'Honestly, I don't think I would do anything differently because I didn't mean any harm. And, like, I told everybody my story behind it, so that's the only reason I do
You can't see how a smiling picture with a smile face icon in front of the camp wouldn't upset some people? If her father taught her about it what did he teach that she wouldn't think she did something wrong? Something fishy here! Maybe they are anti-Semite?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172452 Jul 24, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Oh my__turns out that over half (700 tons) of Syria's chemical weapons have been reached destinations in the US, Finland and Great Britain while 600 tons are being destroyed aboard a US Naval vessel.
Does anyone remember which of the resident trolls insisted that Russia had taken charge of those weapons? Seems like it was the Puten worshiping Galt.
better to have allowed/encouraged Assad to use those chemical weapons against ISIS.....
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172453 Jul 24, 2014
fetch almighty wrote:
<quoted text>According to the Washington Institute for Near East Policy a credible poll in June showed 70 percent of Gaza Palestinians wanted Hamas to sign a cease-fire. Now ask: what do those Palestinian civilians think when Hamas installs rocket launchers in their homes, schools and hospitals? Surely they know why Hamas puts the rockets there — so Israel will kill civilians when it retaliates after the rockets are fired, and Hamas can use that as a public relations weapon. Gaza is a democracy according to liberals, they elected their own government-it is called Hamas-only the people can change that. Until they are tired of blown up dolls, aka Palestinian women, Gaza will never change. And those little children there, you know aka Palestinian children, they blow up so fast.
Your lack of any real understanding of that area and the Palestinians plight is staggering. But then again you are a Jew. You do know why Jews have such big noses right......Because the air is for free...LMAO Big nose small penis...That's your claim to fame.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172454 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, anyone who needs to go back over a thousand of years to find "justification" for their stealing of land is insane.
Well, using that logic; Iraq was justified in invading Kuwait
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172455 Jul 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Still there are many, many more tea party groups who have no connection to Tea Party Patriots. If you are a republican or a democrat you are just that. You can be a tea party group without belonging to the Tea Party Patriots. Stuck on stupid ain't ya?!
Are kidding...Realtime makes you look stupid daily, but then again you offer considerable help.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1172456 Jul 24, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought you said he was a dictator?
He's thinks he's always right, that he's the smartest man in the room, demands to get his way and, if criticized, demonizes any and all opposition. Call it what you will.

He also tends to hide behind women's skirts. Probably has to do with his upbringing.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172457 Jul 24, 2014
flack wrote:
Middle East
Jul. 24, 2014 | 03:14 PM
ISIS orders female genital mutilation in Iraq: UN
Reuters
GENEVA: Militant group the Islamic State of Iraq and Greater Syria has ordered all girls and women in and around Iraq's northern city of Mosul to undergo female genital mutilation, the United Nations said Thursday.
The "fatwa" issued by the Sunni Muslim fighters would potentially affect 4 million women and girls, U.N. resident and humanitarian coordinator in Iraq Jacqueline Badcock told reporters in Geneva by videolink from Arbil.
"This is something very new for Iraq, particularly in this area, and is of grave concern and does need to be addressed," she said.
"This is not the will of Iraqi people, or the women of Iraq in these vulnerable areas covered by the terrorists," she added.
No one was immediately available for comment from ISIS, which has led an offensive through northern and western Iraq.
Read more: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Middle-East/...
(The Daily Star :: Lebanon News :: http://www.dailystar.com.lb )
Obama's war on women.....
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172458 Jul 24, 2014
flack wrote:
23 July 2014 Last updated at 16:37 ET Share this pagePrint
ShareFacebookTwitter
Study: Uninformed consumers waste money on name brands
A new study, writes Harvard behavioral economics Prof Cass Sunstein, shows that "the more informed you are, the more likely you are to choose store brands".
Tilburg University Prof Bart Bronnenberg analysed data from more than 77 million shopping trips from 2004-2011, matching the items purchased with the consumers' occupations.
For example, pharmacists were more likely to choose store brands of headache meds over national brands, and chefs often selected non-name-brands of salt and sugar compared with non-chefs.
Consumers without a college degree were more likely to purchase national brands.
"If all consumers were better-informed, then, consumer markets would look very different," says Sunstein, who co-wrote a 2008 book arguing that poor choices are often the product of unaddressed biases.
The report found that by sticking to generic products instead of national brands, consumers could save as much as $44b (£26m).
"It is the least informed consumers who are the most likely to waste their money. Unfortunately, many of them have little money to waste," says Sunstein, who served as administrator of the White House Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs from 2009 to 2012. "One implication is clear - stores ought to be doing a lot more to help people recognise their potential savings."
Notably, younger generations also have an appreciation for non-name brands. Recent research shows that few millennials will spend the large sums of money needed to sport high-end brands.
"The millennial definition of cool does not correlate with high-end," writes Jeff Fromm for Forbes. "This is a wildly important distinction that many marketers miss."
Communist Sunstein quoting study from obscure Dutch college.....

ROTFLMFAO.....

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1172459 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Historians Still Despise George W. Bush"
The History News Network conducted an informal poll asking American historians from the nation’s top research universities and liberal arts colleges to grade the presidency of George W. Bush on an A-F scale, based on fourteen different metrics, ranging from foreign policy to the economy to transparency and accountability.
Sixty-four historians responded. Thirty-five -- over half -- rated his presidency an outright failure.
“Thank you, God, for this opportunity,” one professor, a faculty member at one of the service academies, wrote in a comment.“He was not qualified to be president and it showed for eight long years.”
President Bush received his lowest marks for his handling of the economy (his tax cuts were “absolutely irresponsible,” wrote one historian), foreign policy (“followed the neo-conservative utopian dream of enforcing democracy from above, which was a devastating failure for the United States”), and transparency (“the most opaque administration since [Richard] Nixon.”)
http://hnn.us/article/151692
Like that is some surprise!!! Everyone knows college professors are mostly libtards!!!! I'm surprised it wasn't 100%.
Yeah

Honolulu, HI

#1172460 Jul 24, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychiatrists call the symptom of mental illness you are ehibiting here "projection".
I'm sure an attribute you're well acquainted with.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1172461 Jul 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Really would you have sacrificed your sons or daughters? Was it worth the trillions 5,000 lives sacrificed the 25,000 injured? It's amazing how you idiots on the right can bend and twist while leaving out all of the pertinent parts. Bush [the deserter] and his band of CHICKENHAWKS hyped the war with well placed lies, while using fear as a motivational factor after 911 when fear was at it's peak...Most Democrats still voted against the war while most all you lock steppers voted for it. You are an ill informed lock stepping IDIOT... PERIOD.
Beats me libtard.

Why don't you ask Hillary and the majority of Democrats in the Senate that voted for it?

Idiot!

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1172462 Jul 24, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I already told you son.
You have to come up with newer material on your injured vet jokes having to squat.
are you claiming that you served? it's a 'yes' or 'no' question.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1172463 Jul 24, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
You really do live under a rock don't you?
"The Republican Party would be really smart to absorb as much of the Tea Party movement as possible." Sarah Palin
"This Tea Party movement is a message to Washington.." Rand Paul
"The Tea Party is an Organic, spontaneous movement..." Michelle Bachmann
"The Tea Party is a loose description of local Activism..." Bill O'Reilly.
"I think the Tea Party movement has brought great energy to our political process" John Boehner
a grassroots movement is not a political party......

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1172464 Jul 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama's war on women.....
Yeah these libtard women on here think not getting free birth control paid by someone else is war on women. Most of them wouldn't survive two days over there. Notice not a one of them (except Corporal Captain Ghostie) said a word about it?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1172466 Jul 24, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Baggers are the dumbest assortment of malcontents and programmed racist haters all on Geritol in the world. And you might just be the very dumbest.
What is Geritol? Is that something an old fool like you might use?

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1172467 Jul 24, 2014
58% of voters say obama administration is incompetent. apparently 42% of voters don't know the definition of incompetence.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1172468 Jul 24, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> Still there are many, many more tea party groups who have no connection to Tea Party Patriots. If you are a republican or a democrat you are just that. You can be a tea party group without belonging to the Tea Party Patriots. Stuck on stupid ain't ya?!
Backing away from your original post eh Junebug?
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1172469 Jul 24, 2014
Our relations with nation after nation – from Afghanistan and Iraq to Russia and China, from Turkey, Jordan and Pakistan to Egypt, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates, from Japan, Taiwan and South Korea to India and Australia, from Honduras to Brazil, from Poland and the Czech Republic to Germany, Great Britain, Canada and more – are worse now than they were when Mr. Obama was sworn in as president in 2009. I’m not asking people to measure Mr. Obama against a standard of perfection; I’m asking them to measure him against his own promises, his own speeches, his own words.

Having been president for more than five years, we can now render some reasonable and informed judgments about Mr. Obama, including this one: he is an amateur on par with Jimmy Carter. And to see the crude and brutish Putin run circles around Obama—on negotiations over nuclear weapons, on granting asylum to Edward Snowden, on convincing Obama to undercut our allies in Poland and the Czech Republic, on establishing ties with Egypt, on strengthening the murderous Syrian regime, and now invading Crimea and threatening the rest of Ukraine—is painful for any American to witness. As House Intelligence Committee Chairman Mike Rogers put it,“Putin is playing chess and I think we are playing marbles, and I don’t think it’s even close.”

“fairtax.org”

gauley bridge wv

#1172470 Jul 24, 2014
Institutional investor home sales on the decline
July 22, 2014
Institutional investors have pumped billions into the housing market, but their pace has slowed
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1172471 Jul 24, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Communist Sunstein quoting study from obscure Dutch college.....
ROTFLMFAO.....
Obscure??? ROFLMAO

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 51 min Buster Steinbeizer 216,721
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 57 min Earthling-1 60,093
Chicago has the Worst Women 1 hr Joke of the Day 12
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,727
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Sublime1 102,473
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 5 hr GEORGIA 8,885
last post wins! (Dec '10) 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2,142
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages