Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1275358 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171650 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no nationality that even comes close to the Jews when it comes to being clanish. I will guarantee that 90% of them here in America would turn their backs on us in a heartbeat for two reasons ....Monetary gain and Israel. They prove it daily.
That is what I admire most about them. It's a lesson to be learned for people to survive; We see Americans against Americans, it's not right. The Arabs don't stick together and they outnumber the Jews; unity keeps a people strong.
When we had that horrific hurricane Andrew; all the Jews I knew then, rented trucks and brought down food, water, clothes, etc to the victims in the Keys. I think that the Jews are a wonderfully kind people and are always helpful to others.

Regarding Israel; that's another story and I fear that it will never end; perhaps they want to completely annihilate all 1.8 million of them, no one wants the Palestinians, not Jordan, not Egypt etc. What a horrible place to be in. One would think that the Jews would have empathy for them since they were once the unwanted people that were nearly annihilated themselves. So hard to understand; I don't like Netanyahu at all, and many Israelis feel the same way.

The fanatics on both sides destroy any hope of peace. Remember that Anwar Sadat was killed by one of his own people; same as Menachim Begin.

Grateful to be an American living in the US
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1171651 Jul 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
how many rich people avoided Vietnam like Bush did in your scenario?
Give us some numbers...
Stupid question.

Much has been written about the Vietnam era draft and how it impacted the lives of the young men of that era, and those who for various reasons didn't serve. My own brother didn't serve due to asthma and chronic eczema. He raced bicycles professionally however and was an Olympic class cross country skier.

Bush was a fortunate son, his father GHWB was a US Congressman and the US Ambasador to the United Nations during the Vietnam era, Junior got a spot in the TANG, probably at his fathers insistence and basically dropped out leaving his commitment unfulfilled. He could have gone the ER route as Dan Quayle and others did or gone on towards a PhD. As a fortunate son his possibilities were endless.

Mitt Romney another fortunate son was deferred by serving the Mormon church in France.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171652 Jul 23, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
In the first week of November in the fifth year of their presidencies, Obama and Bush have nearly identical approval numbers, according to the latest Gallup polling.
In fact, Bush comes out one point ahead, 40 percent to 39 percent, respectively.
The Gallup daily tracking poll for November 5th 2013 puts Obama’s approval at 39 percent, with 53 percent disapproving of his job performance.
By comparison, polling for the first week of November in 2005 had Bush’s approval at 40 percent, with 55 percent disapproving of his job performance.
Obama is likely to find himself in some unexpected and unwanted company – that of an unpopular president he was elected to replace.
http://news.yahoo.com/obama-and-bush-poll-num... .
Any President cannot please everyone all the time; it goes with the territory
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171653 Jul 23, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
What planet are you living on libtard?
Obama already just won the distinction of worst president since WWII, beating Bush out.
Hey! At least Obama is good at something!
"July 2, 2014 - Obama Is First As Worst President Since WWII, Quinnipiac University National Poll Finds; More Voters Say Romney Would Have Been Better "
http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-events/qui...
Dumbfk.
As with most baggers your comprehension level if defective, I clearly said "OBAMA IS STILL PRESIDENT" FOOL..If Romney would have been elected you would be out hocking your computer by now... Romney is like you a WHINY WUSSIE.

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1171654 Jul 23, 2014
WAKE UP DEM VOTERS wrote:
Former New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg (I) is flying to Israel tonight on the Israeli airline El Al to protest a Federal Aviation Administration ban on U.S. carriers flying to or from Ben Gurion International Airport in Tel Aviv.
Bloomberg made the announcement on his Web site. He urged the FAA to change its decision.
"This evening I will be flying on El Al to Tel Aviv to show solidarity with the Israeli people and to demonstrate that it is safe to fly in and out of Israel," Bloomberg said in a statement. "Ben Gurion is the best protected airport in the world and El Al flights have been regularly flying in and out of it safely. The flight restrictions are a mistake that hands Hamas an undeserved victory and should be lifted immediately. I strongly urge the FAA to reverse course and permit US airlines to fly to Israel."
The FAA said the ban -- for at least 24 hours -- was put in place after a rocket landed about a mile away from the airport.
Bloomberg to raise hell with Hamas and BAN their GUNS !!!
The FAA Ban was the work of Brother Achmed Obama.
So are the minute-by-minute Magic Negro Media reports out of Terrorist Gaza.
Patrick

United States

#1171655 Jul 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
I saw that on the news. Awful, just awful. Over 600 Palestinians killed, their homes demolished, hospitals and schools demolished, no electricity or water. One teen boy said
"I was planning on becoming a doctor; now I am homeless; what do you think I will become now"?
Will the Israelis just completely annihilate them? They have nowhere to go.
Grateful to be an American living in the US
Happy we have no troops in the Middle East.
War seems to be demonizing Israel in Europe.... Chants of "Gas the Jews" heard in demonstrations.
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-fra...

Leaders of both sides will most likely survive the war ....
many of their followers will Not?

A pox on both sides

Lapeer, MI

#1171656 Jul 23, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you even dare to question anyone's patriotism of faith Carol because they disagree with your narrow minded beliefs. Your Christianity seems to be limited to being anti abortion and anti gay although you seemed to show a glimmer of compassion concerning the children showing up on our border. But the basic concept of the Gospels, social justice, seems to go right over your head.
The Founding Fathers were secular progressives Carol and the Constitution is a secular progressive document.
You're the last person on the planet to be calling anyone else "willfully stupid"; you've demonstrated your ignorance on a daily basis.
Give your mouth a rest and go wipe it.
Nostrilis Waxman

Windsor, CT

#1171657 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Do tell us a little about your Medals, ribbons and commendations, what officer were you and where were you deployed?
Since you are into asking personal questions, how old are you?

N - E - R - D!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171658 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Then that would make you Gerbil food son!
Is that a sexual advance, pervert?
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1171659 Jul 23, 2014
Even Steven wrote:
<quoted text>
On Sunday, Arthur Brisbane, the public editor for The New York Times, admitted that the newspaper has a pro-Obama bias and encouraged the paper to be more even-handed during this years’ presidential election.
Now, though, the general election season is on, and The Times needs to offer an aggressive look at the president’s record, policy promises and campaign operation to answer the question: Who is the real Barack Obama?
Many critics view The Times as constitutionally unable to address the election in an unbiased fashion. Like a lot of America, it basked a bit in the warm glow of Mr. Obama’s election in 2008. The company published a book about the country’s first African-American president,“Obama: The Historic Journey.” The Times also published a lengthy portrait of him in its Times Topics section on NYTimes.com , yet there’s nothing of the kind about George W. Bush or his father.
I'll give Brisbane credit for being honest enough to admit that the Times leans way too much in favor of Obama, but he is kidding himself if he thinks that the powers-that-be at the paper will heed his advice and aim for unbiased coverage of the President.
http://www.aim.org/don-irvine-blog/ny-times-p...
On a Sunday in April 2012.

Lapeer, MI

#1171660 Jul 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
Gaza war seems to have potential for loss on both sides. Israel air port closed. After the war they will live side by side with increased hatred.
Balkanization of the region. We have no troops in Iraq...except the advisors the the news media ignores. ISIS irritating everyone.
Sad situation
You and Dupie exemplify the Dumbing-Down of America movement which is a Balknization of the American mind via the Magic Negro Media Network.

Progressives irritating everyone. Sad situation.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171661 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
What are you babbling about space shot? You commies on the left are the Ruskie lovers and always have been.
It is entertaining though to see how recent events with Russia have exposed Obama for the rookie community organizer he is though. Your new found hate for Russia is simply because Putin has played Obama and exposed him for the fool he is, dumbfk.
What a warped and twisted puppy you are,,,Putin is the one squirming. I have no new found love for anyone I'm an American first and you are a bagger first,Plain and simple. Actually if you had a twin brother that would be your names..Plain and Simple. LMAO

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1171662 Jul 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
if they (UNDOCUMENTED workers) were not here...who would MY wealthy handlers hire?
Americans.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171663 Jul 23, 2014
ritedownthemiddle wrote:
<quoted text>USM never shaves her bush. she hasn't had a real man ever. she had a muslim boy by force 19 years ago. she's an angry militant. and she will never be a virgin in paradise. she makes decent humus, though, i hear. don't want to know what makes it special, however. that would probably give one the runs.
Galt disagrees....

USA is a dried up old lady in 1950s stretch pants, too feeble to be any kind of militant......
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171664 Jul 23, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you are into asking personal questions, how old are you?
N - E - R - D!
Are you Frank also? Hey he is into sharing info and making claims what's to hide. When did you give your last blo job. Pervert?
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1171665 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As with most baggers your comprehension level if defective, I clearly said "OBAMA IS STILL PRESIDENT" FOOL..If Romney would have been elected you would be out hocking your computer by now... Romney is like you a WHINY WUSSIE.
Cough, cough (lying weasel)...

You also said in the next sentence:

"Bush will go down as the very worst president ever and Cheney already is the worst. "

Memory problems old retarded one?

Obama - worst president wince WWII (not Bush).

Moron.

God are you lowlife libtards dumber than sh*t.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171666 Jul 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Happy we have no troops in the Middle East.
War seems to be demonizing Israel in Europe.... Chants of "Gas the Jews" heard in demonstrations.
http://www.latimes.com/world/europe/la-fg-fra...
Leaders of both sides will most likely survive the war ....
many of their followers will Not?
A pox on both sides
That's awful; bad choice in Netanyahu
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1171667 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Kinda funny how all of the patriotic baggers are now Ruskie lovers. Talk about being un American.
The troll sht is piling up on this thread, there are so many phonies that it's hard to keep up with who is who.

Teaman referenced the radio yesterday__that combat radio argument was three years ago__so who was Teaman then? DB Writer? Eman? One of the Connecticut nutjobs?
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171668 Jul 23, 2014
Obama coming to SoCal to tie up traffic on his way to fundraisers......

send the boy to Boca......
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1171669 Jul 23, 2014
THE GERBIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU ARE A COMPLETE AND UTTER MORON....
That's no way to talk to yo mama.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 14 min Red_Forman 6,409
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 196,962
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 2 hr Earthling-1 54,503
Black lives matter 2 hr Pride in ones self 1
ask amy 8-29-15 9 hr Julie 4
abby 8-28-15 10 hr Mister Tonka 4
Steve Wilkos : talk show host ? or simple mi... (Feb '08) 11 hr Tvlover 406
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages