Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1659698 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172958 Jul 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers inserted into our hot rod economy' economy is on fire!
toy imports.....!!
Yippee!
'U.S. imports of Mexican-made toys fell from $1.28 billion in 2002 to $646 million in 2003, the second year after China’s entry into the world trading system. Meanwhile, U.S. toy imports from China were valued at $14.8 billion in 2002 but rose to $22.2 billion last year.'
http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2007/08/16/18956/u...
YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING...."DANCE WITH THE ONE WHO BRUNG YA." THEY'RE YOUR SLAVES, YOU BROUGHT 'EM IN... NOW START DANCIN', CRACKER...
Patrick

United States

#1172959 Jul 25, 2014
Nostrilis Waxmoron wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's what Obama DID build:
Job losses were cut by more than 50% within his first 4 months in office.
He saved the American auto industry.
Has cut our deficits by more than half.
Interest rates at record lows.
Housing market rebounding.
Inflation low.
Led us out of Bush recession.
Presided over record breaking stock levels (with the Dow just recently closing over 17,000 for the first time in its 118-year history).
Reduced unemployment from 10% to 6.1%.
We just saw the fastest first quarter of job growth in the United States since 1999.
The quickest drop in unemployment in 30 years.
52 straight months of private sector job growth.
9.7 million private sector jobs created.
Over 8 million people signed up for health care thanks to the Affordable Care Act.
Millions of Americans have gained, or kept, health care coverage thanks to Medicaid expansions and being able to stay on their parents’ insurance longer.
All this in spite of a do-nothing obstructionist Congress sworn to make him a failure.
Excellent
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172960 Jul 25, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you even know what truth is? How silly of me to ask a devotee of the Black Buffoon.
I KNOW WHAT TRUTH IS, PATTY... THE TRUTH IS... WHEN WE'RE DONE... YOUR KIDS'LL BOTH BE LYIN' IN THE DIRT WITH COCK DOWN THEIR THROATS...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1172961 Jul 25, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers inserted into our hot rod economy' economy is on fire!

paper imports!!!!!
How many jobs would have been created if this money was spent in the United States?

'The United States imported $17 billion in paper and
pulp products from the world in 2002, an increase of
67% from 1992.'

http://www.trade.gov/mas/ian/build/groups/pub... @tg_ian/documents/webcontent/t g_ian_002000.pdf
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1172962 Jul 25, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
YOU KNOW THE OLD SAYING...."DANCE WITH THE ONE WHO BRUNG YA." THEY'RE YOUR SLAVES, YOU BROUGHT 'EM IN... NOW START DANCIN', CRACKER...
are you saying I own someone??????

oh boy....where do I go to collect my property!!!!!!
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172963 Jul 25, 2014
THERE'S NO "SAFE-TIME" HERE, HONIES... WHAT D'YOU THINK YOU'RE DOIN'?.....
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1172964 Jul 25, 2014
Oh that Gray Ghostialist is hard at work posting his assigned talking points this morning. Am I the only one where the idiot gets his information? Like the rest of the left, including Barry H. Sotero, this mutt spews nothing but hate; whines, cries, and jabbers incessantly, but never has a fact, at least one that is truthful. You would think that anybody as stupid as this mutt would at least try to quote Mother F-ing Jones, the Huffington Post, or even the leader of the Intolerent, Ed Shultz. The Ghostialist is my choice for Number 1 to walk the plank.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1172965 Jul 25, 2014

Forks....noooooooooooooooo!!!! !!!!!!

we import forks......!

'SPOONS and forks, the metal flatware that everyone uses, are no longer made in the United States. The last factory in an industry stretching back to colonial times closed eight months ago in Sherrill, N.Y., a small community in the foothills of the Adirondacks, and 80 employees lost their jobs.'

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/02/13/business/13...
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172966 Jul 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
pencil imports!
'China accounted for $59.7 million, or 37 percent, of the value of pencils imported by the United States last year, more than three times Brazil, the next-biggest exporter to the United States, according to the U.S. International Trade Commission and U.S. Department of Commerce.'
http://www.nj.com/business/index.ssf/2011/06/...
good note:
uncle sugar took $4m in levies!!!!!!!!
SO, COWBOY... WHEN'S THE LAST TIME I EVER USED A PENCIL?... FOR WHAT?... TIME TO MOVE ON, OLD DUDE...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172967 Jul 25, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waxturd, did you forget that it's only 5:30 in Arizona. What a total moron you are. If ever there is a book written about stupid I'm sure there will be a whole chapter pertaining to you. LMAO
BUSTED AGAIN.. Now I Wonder where old Waxturd and his other socks ran to?????LMAO See I tried to tell you how stupid that you really are...BWAAAAA
independent common sense

Coffeyville, KS

#1172968 Jul 25, 2014
Patrick wrote:
A botched execution in Arizona on Wednesday amounted to “torture,” said the state’s senior senator John McCain.
The longtime Republican lawmaker, who experienced years of torture while being held in captivity by the North Vietnamese during the Vietnam War, called the drawn-out lethal injection execution of Joseph Wood on Wednesday “terrible.”
Who cares? The point of the death penalty is that they DIE! Seems to me it was not so botched, he is after all dead! Who cares if he suffered? He deserved to suffer if he did. He showed no mercy for his victims, he should get no mercy from the law!!! It would only be considered botched if he didn't die and that is not the case here. Sentence carried out, justice served!!!
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172969 Jul 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying I own someone??????..
YOU DON'T GOTTA GO NOWHERE, NIMROD... THEY'LL COME TO YOU.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1172970 Jul 25, 2014

things are so bad we have to import oatmeal?

US imported 18,737,498 bushels in 2013!!!!!

http://www.google.com/url...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172971 Jul 25, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
It was only in the 1930s, when the Nazis rose to power, that Jews became victims and their lives changed forever.
Brief history of Jews in Europe prior to WWII:
Jews living in eastern Europe - Poland, Soviet Union, Hungary, and Romania - were the largest population of Jews and lived as a minority within the culture of the majority.
Jews living in western Europe - Germany, France, Italy, the Netherlands, and Belgium - adopted the culture of their non-Jewish neighbors, dressed and talked like their countrymen and tended to have had more formal education than eastern European Jews.
Jews could be found in all walks of life, as farmers, tailors, seamstresses, factory hands, accountants, doctors, teachers, and small-business owners. Some families were wealthy; more were poor. Children learned a trade or continued their education at the university level.
Don't think anyone "turned them away".
wow
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172972 Jul 25, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? The point of the death penalty is that they DIE! Seems to me it was not so botched, he is after all dead! Who cares if he suffered? He deserved to suffer if he did. He showed no mercy for his victims, he should get no mercy from the law!!! It would only be considered botched if he didn't die and that is not the case here. Sentence carried out, justice served!!!
So the state becomes a murderer and murders a murderer. Where's the logic?
THE DEVIL

Salt Lake City, UT

#1172973 Jul 25, 2014
INCIDENTALLY, NIMROD, YOU OWN ABOUT 20,000,000 "SOMEONES"... ALL YOURS, NOT MY PROBLEM.... WE'RE IT NOT FOR ILLEGAL LABOR, THE SOUTH WOULDN'T EVEN EXIST TODAY... SOUTHERN WHITES ARE "BRED" TO BE UNABLE TO PERFORM THEIR OWN LABOR.... IT'S A WONDER THEY CAN WIPE THEIR OWN ASSES... CAROL, I'M RELYIN' ON YOU TO BACK ME UP ON THAT LAST PART...
paddyomalley

Bastrop, TX

#1172974 Jul 25, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
I KNOW WHAT TRUTH IS, PATTY... THE TRUTH IS... WHEN WE'RE DONE... YOUR KIDS'LL BOTH BE LYIN' IN THE DIRT WITH COCK DOWN THEIR THROATS...
Yea, but you'll still the coward that talks tough but won't show up to his own duels. Don't worry about my kids dikface, they can take care of trash like you without thinking much about it. Anyway, you leftists have pee pees and wouldn't know what a cock is. I'd say I'll see you in the street, but I already know you're bunkered up and won't come out. Shut up coward boy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1172975 Jul 25, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
are you saying I own someone??????
I would have to say that you only own what's left of your sanity, which seems to be dwindling fast, bagger.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1172976 Jul 25, 2014

pots and pans....why do we have to import pots and pans?

how many jobs would this support if we made this stuff in the USA?

US Housewares imports in 2008!!!!!
(millions)

https://www.housewares.org/pdf/BusinessGuideP...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1172978 Jul 25, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> If Lily had her way Germany would control most of Europe and Japan most of Asia and Italy Africa and the middle east. But would it stop there? Power hungry people never have enough!!!!!
You are twisting my words. Nevertheless; I consider Israel power hungry in their mission to annihilate the Palestinian people; and we are complicit because we provide the means in which to do so.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 1 hr Ben Avraham 72,047
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr Sublime1 105,379
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 3 hr what a russsh 11,599
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 4 hr loose cannon 243,102
News A Big Fish in a little marina (Jan '09) 15 hr Kasmier 19
News Rauner courts black votes with $1M investment (Oct '14) 20 hr RUN OUTA ILLINOIS 14
US Media Humiliated, all in 1 day. 20 hr US Media is Malig... 10

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages