Barack Obama, our next President

There are 20 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1170865 Jul 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/justi ce/2014/07/22/3459165/halbig/
Punishing Millions For A Proofreading Error
The two Republicans’ decision rests on a glorified typo in the Affordable Care Act itself. Obamacare gives states a choice. They can either run their own health insurance exchange where their residents may buy health insurance, and receive subsidies to help them pay for that insurance if they qualify, or they can allow the federal government to run that exchange for them. Yet the plaintiffs’ in this case uncovered a drafting error in the statute where it appears to limit the subsidies to individuals who obtain insurance through “an Exchange established by the State.” Randolph and Griffith’s opinion concludes that this drafting error is the only thing that matters. In their words,“a federal Exchange is not an ‘Exchange established by the State,’” and that’s it. The upshot of this opinion is that 6.5 million Americans will lose their ability to afford health insurance, according to one estimate.
Democrats major fear in 2014 mid terms was not energizing the Democratic base to vote.
Republican blunders, court decisions and the birth control issues my lessen this problem.
Democrats have done well defending women from the "War on Women" in the past.
Enjoy your day
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170866 Jul 22, 2014
The Spam Factory's Dirty Secret

First, Hormel gutted the union. Then it sped up the line. And when the pig-brain machine made workers sick, they got canned.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/06/h...

(I just read this and feel like throwing up; how can anyone eat this slop?)

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170867 Jul 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Repubs should win the Senate unless Carol's "legitimate rape" wing of the party comes to the rescue?
Evangelicals may decide your fate again, as staying home for Romney did, in 2012.
Peace
Time to change the record. It's stuck.

We should blame all of our problems on the propagandists and the Federal Reserve System.

You with me?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170868 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers in the economy' economy is on fire!

'Raleigh's Cameron Park Inn is closing Tuesday'

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/morning_c...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170869 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers in the economy to jump start the economy' economy is on fire!

'Qplay is closing its internet video service less than 6 months after it launched'

http://thenextweb.com/media/2014/07/20/qplay-...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170870 Jul 22, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me, what are they supposed to do? Negotiate with people that don't think they have a right to exist? These people are backed by a country that wants to wipe Israel off the map. What would you do when you're being rocketed every day?
BTW, I apologize for the un-soldier like behavior.
Israel wants to wipe the Palestinians off the map; they are being rocketed every day; they have no water or food and no way to escape the onslaught.
Patrick

United States

#1170871 Jul 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Blame it on our version of German propagandists in the 1930s and 1940s.
They continually depict Israel as the aggressors and Palestinians as the victims...not unintentionally.
34% of those polled also believe Fox News is "bad" even when they admit they never watch it despite its being rated as the most trusted news cable channel on television (according to the most recent Public Policy Polling survey) and O'Reilly still topping the list of the most trusted news commentator.
Thirty-five percent of those polled trust Fox more than any other news outlet with PBS in a distant second place at 14 percent and ABC News third at 11 percent.
(Just thought I'd give them another plug.)
Back to the 21st century?.

How is your evangelical wing of the repub. party going to run in 2014 and 2016.
Stay home, ban birth control, oppose food stamps, keep middle class from having health insurance......... etc?
Peace
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170872 Jul 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
When you are Black you can say a lot of things and not get called a racist....homophone....etc....
'Report: Dungy Wouldn’t Want To “Deal” With Drafting Gay NFL Player Michael Sam'
http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2014/07/21/rep...
if Dungy was white, he would get fired for that statement....

might still....
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1170873 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Me happy, you one miserable lowlife...That makes me the winner. YAHOO.
You're a winner alright. At least you admit it!
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1170874 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth to Ghost:
Obama's campaigns were funded by "rich Jews", who also contribute most of the money at his campaign fundraisers....
low-rent black scumbags like you contribute nothing and demand everything....
Sorry crybaby but I don't pay rent to no one, and I'm lily white loser.Unlike you I have my beliefs and standards based on the actions of others..I don't like that either because I know they have only one agenda and that is their father land. Plain and simple. That also is one of the biggest problems in the political world today taking money. It all should be eliminated.
THE DEVIL

Carrollton, TX

#1170875 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Earth to Ghost:
Obama's campaigns were funded by "rich Jews", who also contribute most of the money at his campaign fundraisers....
low-rent black scumbags like you contribute nothing and demand everything....
DO WHAT THEY'VE ALWAYS DONE... LIKE THE PERIPATETIC MORMONS... MOVE...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1170876 Jul 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You claimed the trillion dollar deficit was Obama's fault.
Back pedaling does not clear you of telling that lie.
What I've done is to continue to point out your lies.
Quit you GD lying & I won't have to correct your posts.
So much for the money you thought you saved on Obamacare, libtard!

IN A MAJOR BLOW to ObamaCare, a federal appeals court rules against the legality of some subsidies issued to people through the Affordable Care Act exchanges.

ROTFLMAO!!!!

Can't wait until you get your notice!

Surprise!

We need to pass the bill before we read it!

You can keep your doctor!

dolt.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170877 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers , without health insurance in the economy to jump start the economy' economy is on fire!

'Singing River Health System closing Pascagoula clinic'

http://www.sunherald.com/2014/07/17/5703164/s...

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170878 Jul 22, 2014
The Spam Factory's Dirty Secret
First, Hormel gutted the union. Then it sped up the line. And when the pig-brain machine made workers sick, they got canned.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/06/h...
(I just read this and feel like throwing up; how can anyone eat this slop?)
In pinto beans, on bread with mustard an tomato and lettuce, fried with eggs, etc...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170879 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
He attributes this to the Affordable Care Act? What does he do?$5-7 million each month?
Must own an insurance company
probably a chiropractor, all scam artists.....
THE DEVIL

Carrollton, TX

#1170880 Jul 22, 2014
HI, JOHN.... DID YOU MISS ME? HOW ABOUT THE OTHERS? DID THEY MISS ME?...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1170881 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Israel wants to wipe the Palestinians off the map; they are being rocketed every day; they have no water or food and no way to escape the onslaught.
Have you always been so warped?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170882 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers in the economy to jump start the economy' economy is on fire!

'Beloved Bike Store Closing Its Doors After 40 Years'

http://www.your4state.com/story/d/story/belov...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1170883 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
hey, Dupie, is your retarded kid one of the government slugs who screwed up the drafting of the ObamaKKKare law????.....
how come none of the DemoKKKrat lawyers in Congress bothered to read the bill before voting???...

Envy much punk?

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170885 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
All Hamas has to do is stop firing the missiles and get rid of them. Israel will stop when there is no longer a threat. What part of this can you not understand.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 13 min Guru 187,761
Are Jews Robbing America (May '10) 43 min joey 5
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 2 hr TRD 69,782
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr mdbuilder 52,996
abby may 3-15 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 3
Amy May 3-15 6 hr mrs gladys kravitz 2
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 7 hr Doug77 5,946
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]