Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1419311 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171838 Jul 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Stupid question.
Much has been written about the Vietnam era draft and how it impacted the lives of the young men of that era, and those who for various reasons didn't serve. My own brother didn't serve due to asthma and chronic eczema. He raced bicycles professionally however and was an Olympic class cross country skier.
Bush was a fortunate son, his father GHWB was a US Congressman and the US Ambasador to the United Nations during the Vietnam era, Junior got a spot in the TANG, probably at his fathers insistence and basically dropped out leaving his commitment unfulfilled. He could have gone the ER route as Dan Quayle and others did or gone on towards a PhD. As a fortunate son his possibilities were endless.
Mitt Romney another fortunate son was deferred by serving the Mormon church in France.
the "fortunate son" stuff is BS.........

enlisting in the National Guard shows more commitment than hanging around in school forever like Joe Biden......

some (those who were intelligent) chose to enlist in a manner that was unlikely to lead to Vietnam, while others rolled the dice that they would not get drafted....

so, what happened to you....flunk out of college???...

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1171839 Jul 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
what would have happened if there were 189 Israelis on that plane that was shot down?
World War effing 3 would have happened. Did you see the Dutch waiting for the bodies to be returned to them? Did they speak of bombing the smithereens out of Russia? Do the Dutch have the right to defend themselves? Russia murdered 189 of their citizens.
You appear to think this is the first time an airline has been shot down. The US shot down one. There is a big difference between a deliberate hostile act and gross negligence. Russia and the Dutch are not at war and the Dutch has NO reason to believe this was an intentional act against them, but more likely to be the result of the war between the Ukraine and the rebels.

You are very confused here.
GOP R Idiots

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#1171840 Jul 23, 2014
DBWriter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has never even read the Constitution. He was indoctrinated to hate it without knowing what is written in it. He never read it at Occidental because, according to the students in his class there, he was a poor student. He never read it at Columbia because he never attended classes at Columbia, and they don't teach the Constiution at the Communist Party USA indoctrination center located adjacent to the campus of Columbia where Obama actually attended "classes". And, if you're a dropout from Occidental that never attended classes at Columbia and the Communist Party USA gets you admitted to Harvard, you're going to get whatever grade the Communist Party USA tells Harvard to give you and you won't have to read the Constitution there, either.
Obama is completely ignorant of what is written in the Constitution, completely ignorant of how the US government works, and is completely ignorant of what he did and does in our government.
You're a total tin hat wearing moron. He was a constitutional professor at the University of Chicago Law School. BTW, it's NOT a liberal institution...Justice Scalia was a professor there.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1171841 Jul 23, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I never heard anyone say let them die. Who said that?
A liberal commentator at one of the Republican primary debates asked one of the candidates a hypothetical question about someone needing lifelong catastrophic care with very expensive medical bills who didn't buy medical insurance beforehand even though they could have afforded it and should we let the man die because of it.

(A loaded and biased question promoting universal healthcare obviously...)

But a group in the audience did start chanting "let him die! let him die!" a few times.

Every liberal watching fainted. But how many of them would willingly pay for someone else's lifelong medical expenses themselves?

If only that Republican who had been asked that question had turned it around and asked the commentator, "What would you do?"

Orlando, FL

#1171842 Jul 23, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Do You believe we landed on the Moon or was this a fake?
Answer my question first.

Would you put it past terrorists to kill their own people just to blame Israel?

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1171843 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Hamas is being accused of killing Palestinians so Israel will be blamed. Can't put anything past terrorists who kill children in their own countries.
There appears to be revolving pictures coming out of everyone of these conflicts. Several pictures were released by the PA that were already used for the Syrian conflict. The actual death count is hard to come by.

They need to use their tunnels as bomb shelters.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1171846 Jul 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>James Amos isn't qualified to carry Jay Garners briefcase bozo. Obviously you know dk about either man.
generals with briefcases are the real bozos....
Patrick

United States

#1171847 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
He apparently still thinks he's an excellent community organizer like in Chicago...and if the government keeps throwing money at a problem, the cause of the problem will just go away.
He truly believes his heart is in the right place and, therefore, the really bad guys of the world's hearts will change if he just reaches out to them.
Sadly, he's extremely naïve when it comes to global matters and the realities of the world.
You just lost the last two elections to President Obama.

People listening to you ruined the Romney campaign.

Keep giving advise!

Peace

Orlando, FL

#1171848 Jul 23, 2014
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>I was just curious how far back history needed to be rolled back.
All the way back to early American history - since that was on the curriculum for fifth graders - Early American History.

Pretty sure I could ask you five relatively easy questions about the Revolutionary War and you wouldn't know the answer.

If you weren't in front of a computer, I mean.

Orlando, FL

#1171849 Jul 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
There appears to be revolving pictures coming out of everyone of these conflicts. Several pictures were released by the PA that were already used for the Syrian conflict. The actual death count is hard to come by.
They need to use their tunnels as bomb shelters.
They obviously aren't concerned about bomb shelters or protecting innocent Palestinians caught in the middle.

Protecting their weapons and destroying Israel at all costs is their only priority.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171850 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
So does this response mean you and your liberal friends WOULD pay for someone's lifelong catastrophic medical expenses on your own then?
It was hard to tell because you changed the subject.
I agreed with you about Doocy's comments. And suggested your town should have been called instead. It would have sent a good message to the rest of the country if you had been the first to pay more in taxes out of your own wallets.
My first response was that these children had to be fed and given shelter when they first crossed the border. But they need to be sent back to their parents. Even under worse conditions. The conditions here aren't so great for many of them either. Without their parents, much worse.
You have serious reading comprehension skills. Douchebag was mad that the 911 operators helped this man who called and they helped him speaking in Spanish. Douchebag said he should have been left to die on the road. 911 operators and police and paramedics
in Florida speak English and Spanish and Creole. Imagine that? I don't know how you even live with yourself.

Yes I hope if anyone calls 911 in my town in distress in any language is helped.
What good message would be sent if a man was left to die because they didn't speak English? Tell us that fking message Carol and then give a sermon on it in your godforsaken church.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1171851 Jul 23, 2014
This imbecilic Reichtard thinks he is the Cookie Monster:
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Me thinks that In the Right should change his name to "In the wrong". AS a state Texas is a joke.Way to go lily.
One of his socks always used the words "Me thinks"

Since: Jan 11

Hackettstown, NJ

#1171852 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a Republican and restricted to only hearing that which you choose to hear.
I'm a republican? That's news. When did that happen? RINOs screwed that party up a long time ago.

So, who said let them die?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171853 Jul 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
the "fortunate son" stuff is BS.........
enlisting in the National Guard shows more commitment than hanging around in school forever like Joe Biden......
some (those who were intelligent) chose to enlist in a manner that was unlikely to lead to Vietnam, while others rolled the dice that they would not get drafted....
so, what happened to you....flunk out of college???...
That would be a total idiots view.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171854 Jul 23, 2014
2nd amendment wrote:
<quoted text> What does the Constitution say to do to Tyrants.
Bush and Cheney?
Patrick

United States

#1171855 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Answer my question first.
Would you put it past terrorists to kill their own people just to blame Israel?
they don't need to as Israel is killing enough people live on TV.

Hamas is firing rocket to kill Israelis, just not very good at it.

A pox on both sides.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1171856 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
So now the U.S. has released millions of dollars to Iran because they were kind enough to continue talking to us another four months while they have another four months to finish their nuclear weapons program.
We'd all better be prepared for the worst. Israel will not wait until Iran has played the U.S. like a fiddle up until the very last note.
Iran is playing Obama and Kerry like a fiddle. 3
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1171857 Jul 23, 2014
shinningelectr0n wrote:
<quoted text>
Rep. Elijah Cummings is a complete jerk. He's the DNC's Official Stamp of Approval. When the Left says something stupid or does something typical Leftist idiotic, Rep. Elijah Cummings stands ready to stamp his approval onto it.
Rep. Elijah Cummings is a lot like some people on this thread,he has dedicated every day to defending Obama's bad actions,words and deeds.
Patrick

United States

#1171858 Jul 23, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
generals with briefcases are the real bozos....
General Galt served in the WAVES ?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1171859 Jul 23, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
A liberal commentator at one of the Republican primary debates asked one of the candidates a hypothetical question about someone needing lifelong catastrophic care with very expensive medical bills who didn't buy medical insurance beforehand even though they could have afforded it and should we let the man die because of it.
(A loaded and biased question promoting universal healthcare obviously...)
But a group in the audience did start chanting "let him die! let him die!" a few times.
Every liberal watching fainted. But how many of them would willingly pay for someone else's lifelong medical expenses themselves?
If only that Republican who had been asked that question had turned it around and asked the commentator, "What would you do?"
It was a republican who said "Let them die", just like Douchebag said of the Hispanic man, let him die; and you said you agree with him,
the stupid question that you keep repeating: how many would be willing to pay for someone elses lifelong medical expenses is ludicrous. Insurance premiums are pooled, some never use their health insurance; some do from time to time, and others use it all the time. Nothing new there. We dont' let people die because of money. You make me sick

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 min Dr Guru 222,591
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 3 hr New Yorker 61,050
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 4 hr TRD 70,953
News Boy, 17, among 3 wounded in South Side shooting 4 hr Go Blue Forever 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 103,458
Suboxone 7 hr Sick in Chicago 1
here we go - now i suppose we will see full cou... 8 hr Blood on his hands 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages