Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1234658 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Patrick

United States

#1170849 Jul 22, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Then be careful when you use sarcasm ....
The sagacity in the details will come back to expose your stupidity while biting you in the arse on the way out.
And kick you in the teeth at the same time ... You're in a class of your own referred to as ..
Special Ed ....
So, what else 'ya got ?
RINO does squirm when outed.
LOL
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170850 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the 'we need more undocumented workers in the economy' economy is on fire!

'Restaurants Suddenly Shut Down'

'At least four Arby’s restaurants in our area closed down without warning Friday night.

The fast food chain’s locations in Scranton, Kingston, the Lycoming Mall and the Wyoming Valley Mall were all shut down without an explanation.

The owner of the franchise did file for bankruptcy previously.'

http://wnep.com/2014/07/19/restaurants-sudden...
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170851 Jul 22, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text>
You are perfectly welcome to disagree with affirmative action.
But when you look at a top university educated black man & scream affirmative action then you are saying the only way a black man can get in those schools is through affirmative action. Then it is a racist comment.
Right whiners are dumber than sh*t
Obama would likely not have been admitted to Harvard law School had he been white....

harder-working, more intelligent black men could have been admitted without affirmative action...
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170853 Jul 22, 2014
http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2014/07/22/3...

Punishing Millions For A Proofreading Error

The two Republicans’ decision rests on a glorified typo in the Affordable Care Act itself. Obamacare gives states a choice. They can either run their own health insurance exchange where their residents may buy health insurance, and receive subsidies to help them pay for that insurance if they qualify, or they can allow the federal government to run that exchange for them. Yet the plaintiffs’ in this case uncovered a drafting error in the statute where it appears to limit the subsidies to individuals who obtain insurance through “an Exchange established by the State.” Randolph and Griffith’s opinion concludes that this drafting error is the only thing that matters. In their words,“a federal Exchange is not an ‘Exchange established by the State,’” and that’s it. The upshot of this opinion is that 6.5 million Americans will lose their ability to afford health insurance, according to one estimate.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1170854 Jul 22, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
It's easy for you, you just repeat what you hear from your fellow wingnuts!
Me happy, you one miserable lowlife...That makes me the winner. YAHOO.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170855 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
rather disturbing that 34% side with Obama and his Hamas brothers.....
Blame it on our version of German propagandists in the 1930s and 1940s.

They continually depict Israel as the aggressors and Palestinians as the victims...not unintentionally.

34% of those polled also believe Fox News is "bad" even when they admit they never watch it despite its being rated as the most trusted news cable channel on television (according to the most recent Public Policy Polling survey) and O'Reilly still topping the list of the most trusted news commentator.

Thirty-five percent of those polled trust Fox more than any other news outlet with PBS in a distant second place at 14 percent and ABC News third at 11 percent.

(Just thought I'd give them another plug.)
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170856 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
think of the stupid fools who dropped good insurance coverage to take advantage of the taxpayers and are now left holding the bag.....
too bad for those bloodsuckers....
Well, not that I think for a minute that this ruling will withstand an appeal; but, you republicans can kiss the white house goodbye for sure now!!
Patrick

United States

#1170857 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
except for not being black, Elizabeth Warren is solidly in the middle of the DemoKKKrat party....
Frau Clinton is a corporatist plutocrat interested only in her own enrichment....
will Hillary forgo all that money to run???...
Repubs should win the Senate unless Carol's "legitimate rape" wing of the party comes to the rescue?
Evangelicals may decide your fate again, as staying home for Romney did, in 2012.
Peace

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170858 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
think of the stupid fools who dropped good insurance coverage to take advantage of the taxpayers and are now left holding the bag.....
too bad for those bloodsuckers....
I say serves them right. Leeches!
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170859 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an obvious political clown and would have no earthly idea that there are those that see things through the eyes of right and wrong using only the facts to reach that decision. Israel is a rogue nation and a by product of rich Jews right here in America. Have you ever stopped to think why would we give a shit one way or the other? The Palestinians are only trying to survive and were never any problem until the possessive Jews arrived on the scene. Their expansionism is well documented. We have created this monster yet they thump their nose at us whenever they choose. Billions of our dollars flow there every year. Their lobby is the strongest one in Washington, so they fully know how to pull the strings...While idiots like Galt and carol sing their praises and all the while their pockets are being picked... Talk about pawns.
Earth to Ghost:

Obama's campaigns were funded by "rich Jews", who also contribute most of the money at his campaign fundraisers....

low-rent black scumbags like you contribute nothing and demand everything....

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1170860 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I have explained my role in the military, very un-soldier like to belittle another, I see all as being equally important..It's the ones that pretend that I hate. It seems way more common with Baggers. But you can also thank a Jew for many familys being killed in Gaza also.
Tell me, what are they supposed to do? Negotiate with people that don't think they have a right to exist? These people are backed by a country that wants to wipe Israel off the map. What would you do when you're being rocketed every day?

BTW, I apologize for the un-soldier like behavior.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170861 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the 'we need more undocumented workers in the economy' economy is on fire!

'Global consumer-goods giant Unilever said Monday that about 210 workers at the plant, at 5400 118th Ave., will lose their jobs between September and the end of the year.'

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/klondik...

Orlando, FL

#1170862 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
rather disturbing that 34% side with Obama and his Hamas brothers.....
Blame it on our version of German propagandists in the 1930s and 1940s.

They continually depict Israel as the aggressors and Palestinians as the victims...not unintentionally.

The 34% also believe Fox News is "bad" when admitting they never watch it despite it being rated the number one trusted news network on television according to the most recent Public Policy Polling survey with O'Reilly still topping the list as the number one most trusted news commentator.

"Thirty-five percent of those polled trust Fox more than any other news outlet, with PBS in a distant second place at 14 percent and ABC News third at 11 percent."

(Just thought I'd give them another plug.)
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170863 Jul 22, 2014
PDUPONT wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you vomitous cretin? How are people going to die? How many people have died because they couldn't get coverage before the ACA was passed? How many people are going to die because Republican governors and legislatures are refusing to accept Medicaid expansion in their states?
You're an idiot!
hey, Dupie, is your retarded kid one of the government slugs who screwed up the drafting of the ObamaKKKare law????.....

how come none of the DemoKKKrat lawyers in Congress bothered to read the bill before voting???...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1170864 Jul 22, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
'Zia's at Red Door in Harrisburg closing; city parking partly to blame'
http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2014/0...
Un American cry baby bagger loves it when fellow Americans lose their jobs. Just think of what a mess we would be in if Bush was still President...The decider.
Patrick

United States

#1170865 Jul 22, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
http://thinkprogress.org/justi ce/2014/07/22/3459165/halbig/
Punishing Millions For A Proofreading Error
The two Republicans’ decision rests on a glorified typo in the Affordable Care Act itself. Obamacare gives states a choice. They can either run their own health insurance exchange where their residents may buy health insurance, and receive subsidies to help them pay for that insurance if they qualify, or they can allow the federal government to run that exchange for them. Yet the plaintiffs’ in this case uncovered a drafting error in the statute where it appears to limit the subsidies to individuals who obtain insurance through “an Exchange established by the State.” Randolph and Griffith’s opinion concludes that this drafting error is the only thing that matters. In their words,“a federal Exchange is not an ‘Exchange established by the State,’” and that’s it. The upshot of this opinion is that 6.5 million Americans will lose their ability to afford health insurance, according to one estimate.
Democrats major fear in 2014 mid terms was not energizing the Democratic base to vote.
Republican blunders, court decisions and the birth control issues my lessen this problem.
Democrats have done well defending women from the "War on Women" in the past.
Enjoy your day
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170866 Jul 22, 2014
The Spam Factory's Dirty Secret

First, Hormel gutted the union. Then it sped up the line. And when the pig-brain machine made workers sick, they got canned.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/06/h...

(I just read this and feel like throwing up; how can anyone eat this slop?)

Orlando, FL

#1170867 Jul 22, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Repubs should win the Senate unless Carol's "legitimate rape" wing of the party comes to the rescue?
Evangelicals may decide your fate again, as staying home for Romney did, in 2012.
Peace
Time to change the record. It's stuck.

We should blame all of our problems on the propagandists and the Federal Reserve System.

You with me?
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170868 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers in the economy' economy is on fire!

'Raleigh's Cameron Park Inn is closing Tuesday'

http://www.bizjournals.com/triangle/morning_c...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170869 Jul 22, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'what we need is more undocumented workers in the economy to jump start the economy' economy is on fire!

'Qplay is closing its internet video service less than 6 months after it launched'

http://thenextweb.com/media/2014/07/20/qplay-...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 34 min FastandFurious 190,309
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 56 min litesong 53,511
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Doug77 6,012
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 2 hr teachable moments 99,578
News Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Graham Cracker 51,760
News Former U.S. House Speaker Hastert indicted on f... 4 hr mrs gladys kravitz 7
have steroidsss in USA 5 hr Nail Alexander 2
More from around the web

Chicago People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]