Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1382526 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171127 Jul 22, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like the ignorant bigot Ghost who thinks Topix posters are his friends?
Bwahahahaha!
No wonder you baggers reside in a constant state of confusion. I never once mentioned anyone on topix as my friends.Idiot. In real life [which you obviously are void of ] one has to decide who their real friends are...Kinda like it should be more than obvious that the Dems are far more in tune with real Americans, the working class, women, homosexuals, immigrants, equal pay, minimum wage, retirement, health insurance...Yea dig Loser. You exude and personify, hatred, and the bagger ilk, you and Galt, YUCK.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1171128 Jul 22, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you make the claim "no one gave me or the old man anything" after telling us how you and your old man both relied on the military and as a foothold out of poverty. The military is not for everyone. No wonder you people are such warmongers. It was your meal ticket.
The military may not be for everyone,but it is an honor to serve. The military is also a job and can be a new start on life. It is a lot more honorable to receive a pay check from the military than to receive a welfare check.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1171129 Jul 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Nation of Israel:
Before 1948 it was - the British Empire
Before the British it was - the Ottoman Empire
Before Ottomans it was - fought over by Crusaders and Arabs
Before the Crusades it was - briefly held by Arabs
Before the Arab Jihad it was - The Byzantine Christian Empire
Before the Byzantines it was - the Roman Empire's Provence of Israel
Before the Romans it was - Israel, province of Alexandrian Greek Empire.
Before Alexander it was - Israel, province of Persian empire
Before Persia it was - Israel, province of Babylonian empire
Before Babylon it was - Israel
The Land was given to Abraham, Grandfather of Jacob/Israel
Again...anyone can feel free to fact check and correct any - or all - of the above.
No snarky remarks please. Just provable - or disprovable - facts.
Thanks...in advance.
Rather selective with your facts aren't you. Before 1948 it was Palestine. Even the British and Ottoman Empires called it Palestine.

Weren't you the one that was discussing the Balfour Declaration to partition PALESTINE earlier? Put your blinders back on.
Patrick

United States

#1171130 Jul 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
We can only take the earliest historians word for it. And informative websites.
http://www.timemaps.com/civilization/Ancient-...
But here's a quote from Charles Krauthammer - The Weekly Standard, May 11, 1998
"Israel is the very embodiment of Jewish continuity: It is the only nation on earth that inhabits the same land, bears the same name, speaks the same language, and worships the same God that it did 3,000 years ago. You dig the soil and you find pottery from Davidic times, coins from Bar Kokhba, and 2,000-year-old scrolls written in script..."
(They don't give out the American Pulitzer Prize for syndicated columnists to just anybody...)
GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Ibrahim Zain was driven from his home by Israeli tank fire this week, but says he’d rather endure more Israel-Hamas fighting than accept an unconditional cease-fire he fears will leave in place the blockade of the Gaza Strip.

Like Zain, many Gaza residents say the closure, imposed by Israel and Egypt after Hamas seized Gaza in 2007, is like a slow death: It prevents them from traveling, from importing cement to build homes and increasingly from earning enough to feed their families.

“We want a good life or no life,” said the unemployed 44-year-old father of nine whose small scrap metal business fell victim to the blockade last year.

Disagreement over whether and how to lift the Gaza closure is a key stumbling block to ending more than two weeks of fighting between the Islamic militant Hamas and Israel.

And in a way, it is emerging as the Gazan equivalent of what is single-mindedly driving the Israelis — the rocket fire from Gaza, which they feel must stop at almost any cost. For the Gazans, it is the blockade that must stop, and the fact that Hamas is demanding this appears to have gained its tactics genuine support.

Egypt wants an immediate end to hostilities, followed by undefined talks about easing access to Gaza. Israel accepted, but Hamas wants international guarantees that Gaza’s borders will open before it stops fighting. Hamas distrusts Israel and Egypt, whose rulers tightened the Gaza blockade even more over the past year, pushing Hamas into a severe financial crisis.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1171131 Jul 22, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Nation of Israel:
Before 1948 it was - the British Empire
Before the British it was - the Ottoman Empire
Before Ottomans it was - fought over by Crusaders and Arabs
Before the Crusades it was - briefly held by Arabs
Before the Arab Jihad it was - The Byzantine Christian Empire
Before the Byzantines it was - the Roman Empire's Provence of Israel
Before the Romans it was - Israel, province of Alexandrian Greek Empire.
Before Alexander it was - Israel, province of Persian empire
Before Persia it was - Israel, province of Babylonian empire
Before Babylon it was - Israel
The Land was given to Abraham, Grandfather of Jacob/Israel
Again...anyone can feel free to fact check and correct any - or all - of the above.
No snarky remarks please. Just provable - or disprovable - facts.
Thanks...in advance.
What difference does it make?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171132 Jul 22, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny how you keep exposing your grocery list for all to read. Bet you buy the Bud Light.
My, my, you are starting to sound like the disgraced copper Gunner, who lied about his service also. is there a bagger anywhere that don't depend on lies?
Patrick

United States

#1171133 Jul 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Krauthammer is a lying piece of chit babe__Weekly Standard is home to the neocons.
John Bersia, who actually knows what the fk he's talking about, got a Pulitzer.
BERLIN (AP)— The European Aviation Safety Agency says it "strongly recommends" that airlines refrain from operating flights to and from Tel Aviv.

The recommendation by Europe's main aviation safety body came after the U.S. Federal Aviation Administration told U.S. airlines they are prohibited from flying to Israel's Ben Gurion airport for 24 hours following a Hamas rocket explosion nearby.

EASA's statement Tuesday didn't name a similar timeframe, but it said the agency would "monitor the situation and advise on any update as the situation develops."

European airlines including Lufthansa, Air France and Alitalia say they have already suspended all flights to Tel Aviv over safety concerns.
Even Steven

Frankfort, KY

#1171134 Jul 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> The bill was written exactly the way it was to try and force republican led states to build an exchange. The dems thought (wrongly) that by only allowing subsidies to be paid through state exchanges it would make more difficult for republican states not to opt out. Remember this, there was zero republican votes for Obamacare. Their little scheme backfired so now they cry it's a typo!!!!!
Obamacare agrees to cover 16 million more low-income people under Medicaid and the feds will pick up the full cost from 2014 through 2016 and pay 90 percent through 2020.

But will the feds keep their promise? There is nothing specific in the law to prevent a future Congress from reneging on this promise. The normal federal Medicaid match to states is 60% This could devastate many states. Just paying 10% of this vastly expanded coverage will negatively impact many states. After 2020 what happens? Back to 60%? States currently facing or near bankruptcy will never make it. Governors who did not enter the exchange will not face this dilemma .
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1171135 Jul 22, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
Porkulus was a trillion dollar waste that was entirely the fault of Obama......
Like Iraq you're saying? Except it's 3 trillion in that case... Say, john, galt sounds a lot like a jew, in the spirit of carol's dialectic, prove me wrong...

“BET DAP”

Since: Feb 09

GOOM BOWN

#1171136 Jul 22, 2014
Olive Oil wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you a screamer or a moaner?...
neither.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1171137 Jul 22, 2014
Are you experienced wrote:
<quoted text>
Why so interested weirdo? I take it you prefer one from the other? By all means, share.
you seem odd asking that kind of question.....while sitting at the edge of your seat.

:-D
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171138 Jul 22, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop'
You forgot to mention that you also detest Roman Catholics.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
So says the confirmed pervert, so what is one more lie from the topix leader. I have never said any such thing. Your desperation is showing again. LOSER..By the way I saw the other day where you confirmed that you and your wife get free food a couple times a month...Maybe we could all take up a collection for you both. One would think just being married to a retarded idiot like you would be punishment enough. Oh well I guess the Lord works in mysterious ways.
Olive Oil

Buffalo, NY

#1171139 Jul 22, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
My, my, you are starting to sound like the disgraced copper Gunner, who lied about his service also. is there a bagger anywhere that don't depend on lies?
well, um... no... nope... no such thing. There's a very fundamental lie at the core of their beings and it is this: There IS a God and his name is mammon.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1171140 Jul 22, 2014
TSM wrote:
<quoted text>
You’re an Idiot… Palestinians have no interest in Peace!! Clinton offered Arafat the best peace deal he was ever going to get and Arafat turn it down!! Peace to the Arab world is Israel Annihilation it’s that simple!!
Even Arafat later admitted it was a mistake to turn down the deal. He was holding out for the return of the millions of Palestinian refugees displaced by israel's illegal occupation. His successor, Mahmoud Abbas, has led subsequent rounds of failed peace talks with three Israeli prime ministers. Israel only wants peace on THEIR terms.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1171142 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
I suggest you hit the gay sites on topix. You'll have much better luck there with your strange questions and rather bizarre cruising techniques Now flit on over there, git going Tinkerbell!
obviously, you're inexperienced when it comes to rdtm. i'll stick around for a while. it is, after all, a public forum, dpg.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171143 Jul 22, 2014
flack wrote:
<quoted text> No idiot I was explaining to the other idiot that you libtards have now started calling it climate disruption. My views haven't changed.
I agree your views never change, you are always the idiot.

“BET DAP”

GOOM BOWN

#1171144 Jul 22, 2014
<quoted text>
Just suggesting he go where he seems to want to be.
you always make assertions based off no evidence?

interesting.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171145 Jul 22, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Fact of the matter is the old fool has no idea who he hates until he reads posts from his ¨friends.¨
I do believe that I recognize that mournful whine. Pathetic loser.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1171146 Jul 22, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>The military may not be for everyone,but it is an honor to serve. The military is also a job and can be a new start on life. It is a lot more honorable to receive a pay check from the military than to receive a welfare check.
Well, like you said, the military isn't for everyone. You were lucky enough not to have a physical condition that prevented you from serving...I might add, at taxpayer expense. The military has it's own welfare system.
In The Right

United States

#1171147 Jul 22, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>
John Bersia, who actually knows what the fk he's talking about, got a Pulitzer.
You're a moron.
Who the f**k is John Bersia and why should anyone care what award he won?

Barack Hussein Obama won the friggin' Nobel Peace Prize for chissakes...and we all know what that's worth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 18 min An NFL Fan 59,458
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 22 min _Zoey_ 8,384
Politics? 39 min Ferretman 47
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 44 min Mark Oakley 101,936
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 1 hr Dr Guru 214,288
last post wins! (Dec '10) 1 hr honeymylove 2,033
News Israeli troops begin Gaza pullout as Hamas decl... (Jan '09) 3 hr Ize Found 70,600
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages