Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1599897 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

THE DEVIL

Portland, OR

#1171591 Jul 23, 2014
forks_make_us_fat wrote:
<quoted text>
tell that to your advertisers....
YOU MEAN THE ONES OFFERING THE THAI GIRLS FOR SALE?... IS THAT THE ONE?...
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1171592 Jul 23, 2014
mjjcpa wrote:
POLL: 67% of voters say America more divided than four years ago...
Democrats thrive off of hate & divisiveness.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171593 Jul 23, 2014
TSM wrote:
Liberals/Democrats passed a 27 hundred page bill ‘Obamacare ‘that no Liberal/Democrat read!!
After yesterday court’s ruling Pelosi was Right: "We Have to Pass the Bill So That You Can Find Out What’s In It “CONFUSING and still 55% of Americans oppose Obamacare!!
When asked the question do you approve of Obamacare...That's a lie that you clueless twits love to say. But that figure has included in it the 17% that think that Obamacare didn't go far enough. So you see imbecile when all is said and done more Americans approve of Obamacare than do not. Now jump to your next lie.
THE DEVIL

Portland, OR

#1171594 Jul 23, 2014
FRANK, IS ONE OF THOSE "SERVICEMEN" WHO, WHEN YOU WALK OR BREAK INTO HIS HOUSE, YOU DISCOVER THE LEFT WALL HOLDS SWORDS AND MILITARY PARAPHERNALIA.... THE WALL ON THE RIGHT HOLDS A CROSS AND A CRAPPY PICTURE OF "JESUS" IN A CHEAP GOLD FRAME... THEY'RE LIKE LOCUST HERE IN DC....
HEY, FRANK... YOU NOTICE HOW QUICKLY WE SUSSED YOU OUT, YOU COWARD?...
sonicfilter

Indianapolis, IN

#1171595 Jul 23, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
SCOTUS has a thing about thinking laws mean what they literally say. They are also very jealous about division of power.
a thing....

The Supreme Court led by Chief Justice John G. Roberts Jr. showed again this year that it is playing a long game, writing opinions that move the law in small but steady steps in a conservative direction.

At first glance, many of its decisions appear modest, and the justices themselves downplayed them as narrow and tightly targeted. But they also set the stage for broader rulings, and liberals voiced concern about their long-term impact.

Many rely on well-established rights, such as freedom of speech and free exercise of religion, but extend those rights for the first time to corporations, wealthy donors and conservatives who bristle at what they view as liberal government mandates, from paying union fees to offering birth control to female workers.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-court-wra...

which is....bias.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1171596 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
I see your comprehension issue continue.
I see you mastery of the English language continues to expose you as a moron.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1171597 Jul 23, 2014
Realtime wrote:
Cadillac hearses in the Netherlands__lots of them.
Too bad Obama lied about his red line. Obama lied, people died.

This is Obama's red line moment in Ukraine

http://theweek.com/article/index/256715/this-...

You clowns voted for Obama. Now things are worse in every regard.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1171598 Jul 23, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>So you are as expected a fanatical political hack. You Republicans put us in all of the messes that we are currently in with your lousy leadership and lies. PERIOD. Now tell me Frank about your service to this nation, along with your feelings about Bush's service and all of the draft dodgers that he surrounded himself with. That after all was the image you choose to project.
Obama never served on day in the military. I don't understand your fixation on Bush, Obama never ran against Bush.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171599 Jul 23, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
<quoted text>
Democrats thrive off of hate & divisiveness.
Really old clueless one...Show me one Republican on here or anywhere that doesn't knock and belittle Obama? The measure of hate displayed on here and in the media by all on the right all over is unprecedented. You are so filled that you have become blind and void of the facts.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171600 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
I see you mastery of the English language continues to expose you as a moron.
I see your ignorance is only surpassed by your blind hatred. Daily you display that as if it were a virtue. I laugh at your degree of psychological damage. It appears terminal. Fk head.
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1171602 Jul 23, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers in the economy to replace these Americans who lost their job in this economy' economy is on fire!

Leather gloves!

gloves, mittens, mitts that is!

in 2011 the United States imported $377,447,182 in leather gloves!

http://worldtradedaily.com/2012/11/21/wit-rep...
THE DEVIL

Portland, OR

#1171603 Jul 23, 2014
DEAR TOPIX JEWEYS... WHEN I DON'T SEE THE POST UP IMMEDIATELY, I JUST KEEP HITTING THE "POST" BUTTON OVER AND OVER AND OVER.... SO, HURRY UP, CLOWNS...
PDUPONT

Chicopee, MA

#1171604 Jul 23, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually I think Carol is in favor of keeping them here. I just can't understand who is going to take care of these children. Those countries have armies; maybe it's time they used them on the drug cartels and killed them all; however I think those leaders are all taking drug money.
I just think if we accept all these children then word spreads like wildfire and we'll have a million Haitians and Cubans on the shores of Florida; and what will we do with them either?
Is it not better to help these people stay in their own countries, with their own families, who speak their own language?
We certainly have our share of people who abuse children in this country. Actually Honduras and Guatemala were on the list obtained from a former professor here who was arrested for child molestation; he had brought a boy of 12 from one of those countries; until the boy finally had the courage to tell the teacher what was happening to him.
The harddrives in his computer had a handbook of where to find hopeless poor families and how to offer them a house and promise a bright future for their sons etc. It's disgusting.
Unfortunately Lily the drug cartels in Central America have more money to spend than the governments there and have subverted both the military and the police forces in those countries. Members of both the military and police are on cartel payrolls and those that don't go along are often targeted for assassination.
I agree with Pope Francis when he said; "This humanitarian emergency requires, as a first urgent measure, these children be welcomed and protected,"
We have in the past had large influxes of Cubans and Haitians and we survived and many became productive members of society.
I'm sorry to say that Carol is right on this issue and you're wrong.
THE DEVIL

Portland, OR

#1171605 Jul 23, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama never served on day in the military.
NEITHER DID YOU, PILGRIM... EVERYBODY SAW YOU STUMBLE...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1171606 Jul 23, 2014
Signs the Progressive 'we need more undocumented workers in the economy to replace these Americans who lost their job in this economy' economy is on fire!

Imported 'concrete'!

the US imported 28.6K metric tons of concrete in 2000!

http://minerals.usgs.gov/minerals/pubs/commod...
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1171607 Jul 23, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama never served on day in the military. I don't understand your fixation on Bush, Obama never ran against Bush.
Allow me old clueless one...First lets review your initial post...Praising your love for serving in the military and just how patriotic that you are. I submit Bush because when he was of age there was a draft, first he used his daddy pull in order to jumt a couple hundred ahead so he could get into the National Guard and avoid the draft.

The rich could do that back then. Then he refused a drug test and lost his flight wings after which cost the tax payers healthy sum, then he went AWOL, and finally DESERTED. I happen to be serving in Vietnam right about then so I have a personal grudge. Obama was not subjected to the draft, so there is no real comparison there. Besides Bush and his idiot Vice left the worst mess in our history behind after accepting the very best from Clinton. I can see why you righties would love to forget about Bush-Cheney fiasco.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1171608 Jul 23, 2014
<quoted text>
Too bad Obama lied about his red line. Obama lied, people died.
This is Obama's red line moment in Ukraine
http://theweek.com/article/index/256715/this-...
You clowns voted for Obama. Now things are worse in every regard.
You're nutz!

Fk Russia!
THE DEVIL

Portland, OR

#1171609 Jul 23, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>Obama never served on day in the military. I don't understand your fixation on Bush, Obama never ran against Bush.
LET ME HELP YOU OUT WITH THAT, FRANK... HE PISSED AWAY NEARLY A MILLION LIVES AND 5 TRILLION DOLLARS... ON A WHIM. I'M PRETTY SURE EVEN OBAMA COULDN'T BEAT THAT RECORD.... YOU KNOW, WHEN YOU BRING UP ADOLPH HITLER OVER AND OVER AND OVER YOU'RE NOT REALLY HELPING YOUR WARPED CAUSE?... SADLY, HE'S BEEN DEAD THIS LONG TIME... YOU CAN ONLY DRAG THE BODY OUT OF THE CLOSET SO MANY TIMES BEFORE PEOPLE BECOME INURED TO IT...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1171610 Jul 23, 2014

Imported peanut butter!

'...peanut butter and peanuts from Mexico totaled 74,106 tons for 1998-1999; 79,373 tons for 1999-2000; and will be approximately 85,000 tons for 2000-2001'

http://www.peanutgrower.com/home/issues/main....
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1171611 Jul 23, 2014
THE DEVIL wrote:
FRANK, IS ONE OF THOSE "SERVICEMEN" WHO, WHEN YOU WALK OR BREAK INTO HIS HOUSE, YOU DISCOVER THE LEFT WALL HOLDS SWORDS AND MILITARY PARAPHERNALIA.... THE WALL ON THE RIGHT HOLDS A CROSS AND A CRAPPY PICTURE OF "JESUS" IN A CHEAP GOLD FRAME... THEY'RE LIKE LOCUST HERE IN DC....
HEY, FRANK... YOU NOTICE HOW QUICKLY WE SUSSED YOU OUT, YOU COWARD?...
You forgot the picture of John F Kennedy, the Last Supper, and the Ten Commandments. You also forgot the bronze miniature of The Statue of Liberty and the framed copy of The Declaration of Independence and The Constitution. What about the huge photo of Douglas MacArthur above the mantle. Don't go back into my house when I'm not home,Thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Some in Cicero take issue with flying of Mexica... (Oct '08) 20 min Okay 1,570
Solutions for Black People 21 min Pale HERO 19
dead in a freezer in a freaking hotel man. i sw... 24 min Pale HERO 17
Here's the real Charlottesville story. 28 min Pale HERO 29
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 42 min KitKaboodle 11,291
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr nothim 242,601
Self-Righteous battery car buyers. 5 hr TsOtPiInXks 16

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages