Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1278293 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169670 Jul 20, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're a masochist. Big deal.
Hey loser me happy you miserable...And the fun part yours is all self induced fueled solely by your equal parts of ignorance and hatred. You bitch, I laugh at you.. So who is the real gluton for punishment???

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1169671 Jul 20, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>My, my, you fat headed slut, it's amazing how brave you baggers are, as long as you don't have to prove it. Let other people's children die for your stupidity. Come on loser tell us all about yur service to our country.
"poop"
Amazing how you determine that some one is a slut because you disagree with them. The thread has been a little quiet so why do you not regale us with tales of "yur" service to our country?
Also you said I did not know what RO that you referred to in a couple of posts. I still do not know the definition. I have asked you on a couple of occasions to offer a definition but like the coward you are you will not.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1169672 Jul 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
and why is Obama in the WH?
Two reasons.

1. Because there are now more lazy Americans than there are those who believe in hard work and personal responsibility.

2. Obama is a superb liar.¨You can keep your plans, you can keep your doctors. Period"

Hey, you asked.

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

#1169673 Jul 20, 2014
Le Blaireau wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it?
Prove you're not a woman, bitch.
"Le Baaireau"
"poop" lacks a pair of balls so it must be a female.
Peace
In The Right

East Hartford, CT

#1169674 Jul 20, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Your problem is.....
5 Right-Wing Media Stars On Team Putin
Your side is always making shit up.

On June 16, 2014, Washington Post columnist Dana Milbank published a column alleging that a peaceful Muslim was nearly verbally lynched by violent Islamophobes at a Heritage Foundation-hosted panel. What Milbank described was despicable.

Unfortunately for Milbank and the Washington Post's credibility, someone filmed the event and posted the film on YouTube. Panel discussants, including Frank Gaffney and Brigitte Gabriel, made important points in a courteous manner. Saba Ahmed, the peaceful Muslim, is a "family friend" of a bombing plotter who expressed a specific desire to murder children.

It soon became clear that Milbank was, as one blogger put it, "making stuff up."

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1169675 Jul 20, 2014
mia wrote:
Obama Celebrates Muslim Holiday of Ramadan in the White House
July 15, 2014 By Matthew Burke
Last night, Obama sidekick Valerie Jarrett let the world know that our “Christian” President, Barack Obama, was celebrating the Muslim holiday of Ramadan in the White House.
Monday evening, the Iranian-born Jarrett proudly announced on Twitter that she was “celebrating the holy season of Ramadan here at the White House,” accompanied by a picture of Obama reading prepared notes to a large crowd of what appears to be people of Middle Eastern descent.
Jarrett used the hashtag,#OpportunityForAll and #iftar, which is the evening meal in which Muslims break their fast during the Islamic month of Ramadan.
Typically, if Jesus Christ is your Lord and Savior, and if you believe he died on the cross for your sins, as Barack Obama has claimed, you don’t celebrate the Muslim religion, the Buddhist religion, or any other.
Tolerate it and legitimate religions? Of course. Celebrate it? Nope.
In May of 2012, Obama’s (admitted) Marxist pastor for over 20 years, Reverend Jeremiah Wright, said that Obama, who was raised as a Muslim, was “steeped in Islam,” and “knew very little about Christianity.”
“And I made it easy for him to feel not guilty about learning about Christianity without turning his back on his Islamic friends,” Reverend Wright said in 2012.
Perhaps that’s why Obama declared in 2008, completely on the wrong side of history, that America was no longer Christian.
The Founder of our country, George Washington had an entirely different view. Washington said,“It is impossible to rightly govern a nation without God and the Bible.”
Ah heck, what does he know? Who are you going to believe, America’s Founding Father, or a Marxist community organizer from the political cesspool of Chicago?
http://twitter.com/vj44/status/48885716002603 ...
Your George Washtington quote was contained in a biography of George Washington but, according to the Mount Vernone organization "the quote that appeared in the biography has never been proven to have come from Washington".

HOWEVER, a Quote that HAS been attributed to George Washington:

“The government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”(George Washington)

Using your "logic" I guess Bush doesn't "accept Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior and must not believe he died on the cross for his sins" since he "held EIGHT Ramadan dinners in office to stress that America’s war with violent extremists was not a war with Islam."

You are nothing but a bigoted moron and a hypocrite.

http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2009/09/01...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169676 Jul 20, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"poop"
Amazing how you determine that some one is a slut because you disagree with them. The thread has been a little quiet so why do you not regale us with tales of "yur" service to our country?
Also you said I did not know what RO that you referred to in a couple of posts. I still do not know the definition. I have asked you on a couple of occasions to offer a definition but like the coward you are you will not.
Peace
KMA
GPUAR
This from one of the worst name callers on here...What a friggin hypocrite you prove to be daily. Hey dumb azz, I asked you a couple questions about you being a Radio Operator and you ran like the whiney lying coward that you have proven to be..I suspect that you were an operator, but why would you run from any questions about your own MOS? I have more than proven my service but if you need me to explain anything militarily feel free. I honestly don't know why anyone would feel obligated to explain anything to an obvious idiot like you.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169677 Jul 20, 2014
EasyEed wrote:
<quoted text>
"Le Baaireau"
"poop" lacks a pair of balls so it must be a female.
Peace
Good old transparent Eed every time he gets his sizable ass handed him he attacks like the baby that he is. But your concern for my balls and a number of other men on here should be a bit troubling for most.
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169678 Jul 20, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Two reasons.
1. Because there are now more lazy Americans than there are those who believe in hard work and personal responsibility.
2. Obama is a superb liar.¨You can keep your plans, you can keep your doctors. Period"
Hey, you asked.
First idiot, when it comes to lying he isn't even in the same ball park with Bush-Cheney. Your number one accusation is simply a reflection on your ignorance.
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1169679 Jul 20, 2014
John Galt wrote:
<quoted text>
meanwhile, the jive-ass punk Obama cracks sick jokes after Russia shoots down a commercial airliner.....
isn't comedy wonderful....
But Obama sycophants still love him. How they can defend his statements or his jokes is beyond comprehension. "may be" indeed.

Location hidden

#1169681 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that is how the dominoes fell; unlike some unsupported claims that it came from Allen West and other Left conspiracy theories.
Check the time stamps on the news feeds. Faux News was the first to run with the INTERFAX story. Not Reuters. Stop trying to pass the buck. If you have a Reuters report issued prior to the Fox Report provide it. Tick Tock

Fox News, July 17, 2014, 10:07 am; updated at 2:45 pm MDT:

"Interfax reported Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashenko said 23 of those are Americans."

http://fox13now.com/2014/07/17/cnn-malaysia-a...

Reuters, July 17, 2014, 7:48 pm EDT:

"U.S. President Barack Obama said it was unclear whether Americans were aboard. A Ukrainian official said there were 23."

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/07/17/us-...

Note: "The Boeing 777...crashed near the Russian border about 4:30 p.m. local time (9:30 a.m. EDT) after it was shot down by a powerful Russian Buk rocket, an adviser to Ukraine’s interior minister said."
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169683 Jul 20, 2014
Frank wrote:
<quoted text>But Obama sycophants still love him. How they can defend his statements or his jokes is beyond comprehension. "may be" indeed.
Hatred fueled by ignorance = baggers.
Patrick

United States

#1169684 Jul 20, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>Putin is presently a bowl of spaghetti that can't look news reporters or cameras straight on__he seems to be looking in his shirt pocket.
Sure sign of weakness.
Looks like you're having another rough day eh?
Yup

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1169685 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Check the time stamps on the news feeds. Faux News was the first to run with the INTERFAX story. Not Reuters. Stop trying to pass the buck. If you have a Reuters report issued prior to the Fox Report provide it. Tick Tock
"Interfax reported Interior Ministry adviser Anton Gerashenko said 23 of those are Americans."
"U.S. President Barack Obama said it was unclear whether Americans were aboard. A Ukrainian official said there were 23."
Note: "The Boeing 777...crashed near the Russian border about 4:30 p.m. local time (9:30 a.m. EDT) after it was shot down by a powerful Russian Buk rocket, an adviser to Ukraine’s interior minister said."
Your confusion is all yours
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1169686 Jul 20, 2014
Danger in Southeast Florida

With the first cases of chikungunya fever transmitted within the United States confirmed last week, local mosquito and public health experts are urging residents to take precautions to avoid getting bitten by mosquitoes.

On Thursday, the Florida Department of Health confirmed two locally acquired cases of the viral disease — one in a 41-year-old woman who lives in Miami-Dade County and the other in a 50-year-old man who is a Palm Beach County resident.

The man had not traveled out of the area in the past year, according to Palm Beach County Health Department spokesman Tim O’Connor.

The disease is spread by being bitten by an infected Aedes aegypti or Aedes albopictus mosquito. Chikungunya causes flu-like symptoms and is most likely to cause stronger reactions in people who are very young; who are age 65 or older; or who have chronic conditions such as diabetes or hypertension. It is not life-threatening.

It also is not contagious from person to person. However, Aedes mosquitoes — day biters that can lay eggs in small containers of water — can spread the disease by biting an infected person and later biting someone else.

The virus traveled from West Africa and India to the Caribbean, arriving in 2013, said Dr. Alina Alonso, director of the Palm Beach County Health Department.

By June of this year, more than 150,000 cases had been documented there, and conditions are ripe for it to spread locally, she said.

“ We have the perfect mix here in South Florida because we have lots of travelers, we have the vector — which is the mosquitoes, and we have the right conditions for the transmission to occur,” Alonso said.“We have to be very vigilant.”

Recent heavy rains have hampered efforts to reduce mosquitoes through spraying, said Gary Goode, an environmental analyst with the county’s mosquito control division.

The so-called “container” mosquitoes that live in eastern Palm Beach County are day fliers, including the Aedes mosquito.“They live in buckets, bird baths, clogged-up gutters, you name it,” Goode said.

Educating people, about how to eliminate spots where mosquitoes breed and about how to protect themselves, is the most effective way to reduce infestations in the more populated regions of the county, Goode said.

On Tuesday, the Town Council decided to continue relying on the county for mosquito control, rather than starting an in-house program.

Alonso recommends that residents wear long-sleeved shirts and pants or use a repellent containing DEET when outdoors, especially around dawn and dusk. Other precautions include making sure screens are intact on windows and doors and removing all sources of standing water.

Those who have symptoms of chikungunya fever — which includes sudden onset of a fever greater than 102 degrees, severe joint pain mainly in the arms and legs, along with headache, muscle pain and rash — should see a doctor, Alsono said.

“We are doing special blood tests to see if you have the disease,” she said.“And, in that case, we give you the precautions so you don’t expose yourself to the rest of the community by getting exposed to mosquitoes again.”
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1169687 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
"What difference does it make?".....
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1169688 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your confusion is all yours
USA nailed you and now he is the confused one???? Prove it then.

Location hidden

#1169689 Jul 20, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Today the Red Cross requested a cease fire so they could treat the injured. Israel did. What did your terrorist group Hamas do? Shoot rockets.
So tell me, do you believe Hamas has the right to retaliate against israel or do you share Nutanyahoo's belief that it is a one-way street only available to israel?

FYI, Hamas did agree to the Red Cross cease fire.

"During the ceasefire, local Gaza rescue services managed to evacuate 50 Palestinian bodies from the Shejaia neighborhood in the east of Gaza City. The Gaza Health Ministry says the dead included 17 children and 14 women and hundreds of wounded were being treated. The Rafah crossing has been opened, but only for use for humanitarian emergencies."

I will add that I find it reprehensible that Hamas is launching missiles from residential neighborhoods but they are not exactly powerful enough to do any damage in israel. It is just as reprehensible that israel is bombing those areas knowing that they are killing innocent women and children.

http://rt.com/news/174192-hamas-israel-ceasef...

Since: Mar 11

St. Croix valley

#1169691 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
funny, i was lisening to MPR/NPR all day and they never once gave erroneous info on it...it was later in teh day when it was confirmed that they finally knew an american was on the plane...

guess it all depends on the quality of the news sources you use....

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1169692 Jul 20, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
FACT: It was not an American airline.
You and yours are always looking for an excuse to go to war. Hawkish Republican members of Congress would have us involved in several wars if hey were in power. Thank God they are not.
You'd never make it as a Taxi Driver, Baby. Your customers would get lost along with their driver.

I wrote that it was a Malaysia Airliner and you come back with an angry response that it was not an American Airline.

Huh?

Clueless.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 hr Dr Guru 197,119
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 hr Mothra 54,601
News Should prostitution be less illegal-or more? 5 hr robert 4
"Slave clothes" My New, Original Work by Patric... 6 hr Outlaw Entitlements 2
Kim K has such a large azz, it turns me OFF. 6 hr Condoms unnecessary 1
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 10 hr contrary opinion 100,673
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 10 hr 40ish 6,443
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages