Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1346064 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

PDUPONT

Belchertown, MA

#1170047 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
This might have to be posted again tomorrow since things seem to be winding down now.
VIENNA (AP)— Joint efforts by U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry and three other Western foreign ministers failed Sunday to advance faltering nuclear talks with Iran with the target date for a deal only a week away.
Tehran says it needs to expand enrichment to make reactor fuel but the U.S. fears Tehran could steer the activity toward manufacturing the core of nuclear missiles. The U.S. wants deep enrichment cuts; Iran wants to greatly expand enrichment.
http://news.msn.com/world/no-iran-breakthroug...
Iran is playing us like a fiddle that's off key.
Night.
HEY STUPID! You still don't realize that Iran played you hero George W like a fiddle using their agent Ahmed Chalabi and his band of fabricators to use our blood and treasure to do what they couldn't; overthrow Saddam Hussein.
If the Iranians are getting recalcitrant in the talks then we just ratchet up the economic sanctions that brought them to the table in the first place. Or maybe you want to just go to war and have more Americans come home in boxes?
You're an idiot Carol; you always have been and always will be!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1170048 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
You nut case. You didn't provide proof--you provided an opinion piece.
You are acting like a cray-cray with all your threats.
People will post whatever they want and you have no power to change that!
No. I provided the dates of the court cases from the Republican list. Dates that coincided with the Bush administration...not Obama's. So, once again, provide a list of SCOTUS decisions on court cases that originated under the Obama administration. Put up or shut up.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1170049 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
It puts you in a difficult position to call someone else a hypocrite when you are knowingly being one.
at one time i was all pious and tried to stand above the crap, but what's the point when someone like you gets the facts shoved in their face and the next day you act like you have no clue? and it's not just you. all of your kind like to ignore what they don't want to hear. so why not rattle the cage as loudly as possible? so, biased sources. just to piss You off.
sonicfilter

Fishers, IN

#1170051 Jul 21, 2014
More Proof That Republicans Hate America Because a Majority Twice Elected Barack Obama

http://www.politicususa.com/2014/07/20/proof-...

more? omg.

“Stop Child Soliders”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1170052 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
As opposed to swinging on one???
Hey, what you do with your windmill is between you and it. NOMB

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1170054 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
As senseless seems to want to act like the message board bully. Why not stir the pot? Right folks?
Obama failures--
Obama gift to Queen Elizabeth? iPod featuring his own speeches
L MAO. Typical Rethug. You can't back up your claims so you choose a path of personal attacks and insults. Pathetic.
Patrick

United States

#1170055 Jul 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
They did, because they were white republicans.
".......a delusional dingbat Carol...."
Republicans- the party of bumper sticker slogans, no leaders & no ideas...

Since: Jan 11

Bordentown, NJ

#1170056 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
The illegal occupation of Palestine by zionist zealots.
Illegal occupation? Palestine didn't exist until the end of WW1.

What's wrong with insuring you're not left out of the process when Europe was carving up the Mid-East for themselves? Jews have been living in that region long before there were Muslims.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1170057 Jul 21, 2014
Oh lookie! The braggart and liar lying yet again!
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
You are one paranoid idiot Waxballs, Ghost only posts as Ghost no one else. It took me a while to just get minimum service up here in the mountains Idiot. But I love your obsession. Whiney azz.
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chicago-ridge...

When did you say your book was coming out?

ROTFLMAO!!!!

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1170058 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
L MAO. Typical Rethug. You can't back up your claims so you choose a path of personal attacks and insults. Pathetic.
Saying it was dumb to give the Queen an Ipad of his speeches is not a personal attack. It was an embarrassment to the United States
Buroc Millhouse Obama

East Hartford, CT

#1170059 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I provided the dates of the court cases from the Republican list. Dates that coincided with the Bush administration...not Obama's. So, once again, provide a list of SCOTUS decisions on court cases that originated under the Obama administration. Put up or shut up.
He is right, you are wrong.

Poll: Obama 'worst president' since World War II

http://www.usatoday.com/story/theoval/2014/07...
Patrick

United States

#1170060 Jul 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
Illegal occupation? Palestine didn't exist until the end of WW1.
What's wrong with insuring you're not left out of the process when Europe was carving up the Mid-East for themselves? Jews have been living in that region long before there were Muslims.
"....Palestine didn't exist until the end of WW1...." LOL
Slept thru 5th grade history and failed the GED?
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170061 Jul 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
".......a delusional dingbat Carol...."
Republicans- the party of bumper sticker slogans, no leaders & no ideas...
Isn't Fox reporting on Akin?
TSM

El Paso, TX

#1170062 Jul 21, 2014
Obama gives protection to gay, transgender workers, these groups are less than 3% of the population my question ‘Why ‘is “There's more here than meets the eye?" The answer could explain his passive approach to Crisis!!
Patrick

United States

#1170063 Jul 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't Fox reporting on Akin?
Akin is on most of the media - Carol is silent on Akin?

"I am Canadian, and so, until this morning, I was unfamiliar with former congressman Todd Akin’s name or what the man stood for. However, the hair on my neck stood on end when I read that he was retracting his apology for statements he made about rape back in 2012. I was appalled to read that the man who said that legitimate rape rarely causes pregnancy was tap dancing around his apology, stating that he should have said “legitimate case of rape,” as though it would make things better.

Mr. Akin’s original statement read,“It seems to be, first of all, from what I understand from doctors, it’s really rare. If it’s a legitimate rape, the female body has ways to try to shut the whole thing down.”

Social media exploded at the time in outrage. Many Republicans and President Obama himself denounced the comments and some called for Mr. Akin to step down from the senate race that was going on at the time. Now, Mr. Akin believes that his words were somehow twisted and that saying a “legitimate case of rape” somehow helps his cause.

The first problem is that, according to law enforcement officials, there is no such terminology as a “legitimate case of rape,” though Mr. Akin says there is. An interviewer from Time spoke with several in law enforcement, and all agreed that in their decades of experience, they have never heard of such terminology.

I realize that Mr. Akin is likely not the only one who believes that “legitimate rape” would prevent pregnancy; he stated then that the woman’s body, because it was attempting to shut down the rape process and was therefore under stress, would prevent conception. I also realize that Mr. Akin is like a lot of North Americans, where knowledge of biology and physiology may only be limited to a Grade 12 level."

http://guardianlv.com/2014/07/rape-is-rape-mr...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1170064 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and so did the article which lamely tried to limit the scope to EOs. Obama is his whole administration. You cannot give a pass to the DOJ who submitted amicus briefs stating they supported a certain viewpoint that was judged by SCOTUS as being unconstitutional.

The DOJ also has the choice to advance and argue any court cases it chooses including responding to suits filed against a previous administration.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170065 Jul 21, 2014
Officer Daniel Pantaleo is accused of using illegal chokehold on Eric Garner, who died while being restrained

July 20, 2014 11:45AM ET

A New York City police officer involved in the arrest of a man who died in custody after being placed in an apparent chokehold has been stripped of his gun and badge and placed on desk duty, police said Saturday.

Officer Daniel Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, and another officer, who has been with the force for four years, were both taken off the street after the death Thursday of 43-year-old Eric Garner on Staten Island, police said.

The department would not identify the second officer but said he would retain his gun and badge while on desk duty. The reassignment is effective immediately and will remain in effect while Garner's death is being investigated, police said.

The president of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the city's largest police union, called Pantaleo's reassignment a "completely unwarranted, knee-jerk reaction."
Garner, who has been arrested for selling illegal cigarettes numerous times in recent years, told the officers who confronted him Thursday that he had not done anything wrong, according to the video of the arrest.

"Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today," Garner shouts. "I'm minding my business. Please just leave me alone."

As four officers bring him down, Garner is heard gasping, "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" The video shows one officer using his hands to push Garner's face into the sidewalk.

http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/...
Grey Ghost

Berryville, VA

#1170066 Jul 21, 2014
Buroc Millhouse Obama wrote:
Oh lookie! The braggart and liar lying yet again!
<quoted text>
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/chicago-ridge...
When did you say your book was coming out?
ROTFLMAO!!!!
Odd your idiot azz always takes up for and protects Waxballs????..An idiot by any other name is still Waxballs.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170067 Jul 21, 2014
Palestinians in Gaza really have nowhere to flee— all of its borders are sealed by Israel and Egypt. Where can anyone really go? Gaza has 1.8 million people, all crammed into a slice of land about twice the size of Washington D.C. Nearly 70 percent of them are refugees or descendents of refugees who were expelled or fled their homes in what is now Israel when it declared statehood.

What’s more, the recent destruction arrives on the heels of a repeatedly failed peace process, three major Israeli military operations within the last six years and eight years of a crippling Israeli blockade, imposed as punishment after Hamas prevailed in a democratic Palestinian election. All of these actions have taken their toll. The economy is in shambles, unemployment is soaring and quality of life has been severely and steadily degraded

The current Israeli assault and the launching of a ground invasion will exacerbate Palestinian suffering immensely. And this is actually the point of Israel’s strategy of disproportionate force — to punish Palestinians in Gaza to such a degree so as to enable Israel to impose a cease-fire on its own terms, which likely includes an attempt to steadily erode the ability of Hamas to govern, if not to outright remove the organization from power.

Israel has other options besides punishing Gaza. Hamas has stated it is willing to enter into a long-term truce with Israel, and will accept Israel on the 1967 borders. But this would require Israel to negotiate with Hamas, and to accept the recently formed Palestinian unity government.

http://america.aljazeera.com/opinions/2014/7/...

“Stop Child Soliders”

Location hidden

#1170068 Jul 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
"....Palestine didn't exist until the end of WW1...." LOL
Slept thru 5th grade history and failed the GED?
I think the other poster confused Israel with Palestine.

So tell us when was there a nation called Palestine?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 2 min Dr Guru 207,416
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 11 min mdbuilder 57,173
NO corkscrew, open win bottle. 29 min Big Peter 5
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 48 min Go Blue Forever 101,404
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 49 min Red_Forman 7,276
Swiss parliment member has had ENOUGH. 1 hr This guy is ON TH... 3
Malignant Narcissist Arrogant Emperor 1 hr Mathews the IDIOT 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages