Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1374789 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170256 Jul 21, 2014
paddyomalley wrote:
<quoted text>
Mindless gibberish is all imbeciles like you know. It is history and it is accurate. Too bad for you that their are hundreds of thousands still living who remember that history and know it is true. I would laugh at you, but you are too pathetic.
Baggers never laugh, they are way to filled with Ignorance, Hatred and cluelessness.
Realtime

Deltona, FL

#1170258 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
History is history. Mindless gibberish comes from minds full of gibberish - and seems to be all you have these days.
Looked up any history websites to either confirm or deny any facts that were posted?
(Did you ever respond to my post about your angst towards patriotism and fellow Vietnam vets and where it comes from? Because I'd really like to know. Maybe I just haven't read it yet.)
I don't read the overnight insanity babe__I don't recall making any comments about Vietnam vets patriotism lately__only laughing my azz off about the rightwinger and the astronaut.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170261 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. Like to think I'm young at heart.
However, fairy tales are your forte. I look up history and facts when posting.
It's good that a person look up history but when they but their political spin the facts become unrecognizable, as in your case.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170262 Jul 21, 2014
Gang killings in Chicago have been going on under democratic leadership for decades. In one of the most politically corrupt cities in the nation.

Obama's old stomping grounds. Now Mayor Rahm Emmanuel's problem.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1170263 Jul 21, 2014
Ok I am off and next time I will find a really cool post to respond to, one that catches the WHAT THE FREAK FActor...

Maybe we can Politicize Criticize one another and really beat on the facts that one understands...

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#1170264 Jul 21, 2014
The Azzhole-In-Chief is now pestering Israel to stop hunting Allah Trash in Gaza - he doesn't want them to hurt Palestinians. He doesn't want them to destroy the Hamas tunnels into Israel. He wants Israel to honor an old Cease-Fire authored by his Muslim buddies in Egypt.

F*ck You, Magic Negro, and your half-ass pal Open-Mic Kerry
who also hates Jews.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170265 Jul 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Irony Meter
LOL
Did you bother to look up anything I posted - to deny or confirm it?

Didn't think so.

Later Patrick.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1170266 Jul 21, 2014
Not a smidgeon...

Now IRS Reports EVEN MORE Computer Crashes, Doesn’t Know If Emails Still Exist

http://dailycaller.com/2014/07/21/now-irs-rep...

Location hidden

#1170267 Jul 21, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
If the word game includes clubbing dumb racist tea baggers...im in.
Have you been a racist long?
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170269 Jul 21, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that the new motto of the republicans in congress?

Hey dem, whatsup pal? Nice to see you are still amongst us.
Patrick

United States

#1170270 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Just to elaborate on that thought...squirrels eat ACORNs...KGB eats squirrels.
President Bush

“You never escape the presidency. It travels with you everywhere you go. And there’s not a moment where you don’t think about being president, unless you’re riding mountain bikes as hard as you possibly can, trying to forget for the moment,” said Mr. Bush, an avid mountain biker.

He said that Mr. Obama “will feel the effects the minute he walks in the Oval Office.”
“He’ll come back and go through the inauguration and then he’ll walk in the Oval Office, and there will be a moment when the responsibilities of the president land squarely on his shoulders,” he said. http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/jan/...

You feel the heavy weight of being a troll?
LOL
Peace
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170273 Jul 21, 2014
Realtime wrote:
<quoted text>The troll sht is piling up in here today thanks to you and your crew.
With each passing day the baggers become more and more delusional.

“I am an ALIEN!!!”

Since: Dec 06

KREUZBERG...

#1170277 Jul 21, 2014
Patriot wrote:
MH17 crash shootdown FAKERY!
Those are NOT Boeing 777 engines !!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =ui25IOqwvcgXX
Never even heard of a 777 Turbo above the normal speed?

Lightening it t struck by lightening?

Maybe there was some electrical interference in th eair ..

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170279 Jul 21, 2014
The date stamp on the old footage was Thursday July 1, 2004. The restaurant was very busy that day. We loaded up the footage on a large monitor, and next to it on a separate monitor loaded up the footage of Thursday July 3 2014, with roughly the same amount of customers as ten years before.

I will quickly outline the findings. We carefully looked at over 45 transactions in order to determine the data below:

2004:

Customers walk in.

They gets seated and are given menus, out of 45 customers 3 request to be seated elsewhere.

Customers on average spend 8 minutes before closing the menu to show they are ready to order.

Waiters shows up almost instantly takes the order.

Appetizers are fired within 6 minutes, obviously the more complex items take longer.

Out of 45 customers 2 sent items back.

Waiters keep an eye out for their tables so they can respond quickly if the customer needs something.

After guests are done, the check delivered, and within 5 minutes they leave.

Average time from start to finish: 1:05

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170280 Jul 21, 2014
2014:

Customers walk in.

Customers get seated and is given menus, out of 45 customers 18 requested to be seated elsewhere.

Before even opening the menu they take their phones out, some are taking photos while others are simply doing something else on their phone (sorry we have no clue what they are doing and do not monitor customer WIFI activity).

7 out of the 45 customers had waiters come over right away, they showed them something on their phone and spent an average of 5 minutes of the waiter’s time. Given this is recent footage, we asked the waiters about this and they explained those customers had a problem connecting to the WIFI and demanded the waiters try to help them.

Finally the waiters are walking over to the table to see what the customers would like to order. The majority have not even opened the menu and ask the waiter to wait a bit.

Customer opens the menu, places their hands holding their phones on top of it and continue doing whatever on their phone.

Waiter returns to see if they are ready to order or have any questions. The customer asks for more time.

Finally they are ready to order.

Total average time from when the customer was seated until they placed their order 21 minutes.

Food starts getting delivered within 6 minutes, obviously the more complex items take way longer.

26 out of 45 customers spend an average of 3 minutes taking photos of the food.

14 out of 45 customers take pictures of each other with the food in front of them or as they are eating the food. This takes on average another 4 minutes as they must review and sometimes retake the photo.

9 out of 45 customers sent their food back to reheat. Obviously if they didn’t pause to do whatever on their phone the food wouldn’t have gotten cold.

27 out of 45 customers asked their waiter to take a group photo. 14 of those requested the waiter retake the photo as they were not pleased with the first photo. On average this entire process between the chit chatting and reviewing the photo taken added another 5 minutes and obviously caused the waiter not to be able to take care of other tables he/she was serving.

Given in most cases the customers are constantly busy on their phones it took an average of 20 minutes more from when they were done eating until they requested a check. Furthermore once the check was delivered it took 15 minutes longer than 10 years ago for them to pay and leave.

8 out of 45 customers bumped into other customers or in one case a waiter (texting while walking) as they were either walking in or out of the Restaurant.

Average time from start to finish: 1:55

We are grateful for everyone who comes into our restaurant, after all there are so many choices out there. But can you please be a bit more considerate?

Location hidden

#1170281 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
With each passing day the baggers become more and more delusional.
BagEE's are racist
Frank

Spokane, WA

#1170282 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama has done plenty wrong. so did Bush. so did Clinton. so did Reagan.
The difference is that if a common citizen complains about Obama doing something wrong,he is branded a racist.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170283 Jul 21, 2014
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting closer to the elections and my chance to rub the dumb republicans noses in their losses again.
LOL, No one can do it like you...Have at it enjoy.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170284 Jul 21, 2014
scirocco wrote:
<quoted text>
BagEE's are racist
That would be the wives of the baggers, right?

Location hidden

#1170286 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be the wives of the baggers, right?
No, that's people like you

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 5 min 2all 58,850
Probably the 5 best sentenses you'll ever read. 7 min Very Thoughtful W... 13
Cop shoots shitcago teenage THUG GANG-BANGER. 11 min HaHaTHUGBangerSho... 11
Another GREEN BANKRUPTSY 4 OBAMA INVESTMENT 21 min AmericansScrewedA... 9
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 25 min Rang 213,165
Hillary's History 38 min C-I Told U SO 22
The USA has the SUPER RICHEST..................... 44 min Tami Tell Me True 54
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages