Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1418049 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1170102 Jul 21, 2014
sonicfilter wrote:
<quoted text>
excuses?
so where's the list? and please....no excuses.
She has moved on to personal attacks to cover up her inability to back up her claims. And, she has grasped onto the new religious zealot for some semblance of acceptance. She'd rather die than admit when she is wrong.
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170103 Jul 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Inflammatory as it's been, the debate over unaccompanied Central American children crossing the U.S. border is only the warm-up for an approaching immigration confrontation with even greater stakes.
Regardless of how Congress handles his request for more border resources, President Obama is moving toward a historic—and explosive—executive order that will provide legal status to a significant number of the estimated 11.7 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. One senior White House official says that while "what's happening at the border will provide atmospherics for the [president's] decision," it won't stop him from acting on the undocumented—probably before the midterm elections. The resulting collision over Obama's expected action could lastingly define both the Democratic and Republican parties for the burgeoning Hispanic population.
They've become bored with that story; last weeks news. Meanwhile 14 Haitians arrived at MacArthur Park over the weekend.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170104 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Come on Gunnar. You didn't like her either. She was and is a ding-bat.
Lily? and it's Gunner, ding-bat.

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170105 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that I am about 11 hours behind you folks in reading posts and I'm sure someone has jumped on you during that time for your ignorance on this post but I'm going to put my two cents in just the same...
Are you nuts?? Romney sought and received a religious deferment to avoid Vietnam. He was definintely no "hero".
Was referring to McCain. Easy to see why you might have been confused but If you read the post again, you'll see clearly the reference was about McCain.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170106 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
I realize that I am about 11 hours behind you folks in reading posts and I'm sure someone has jumped on you during that time for your ignorance on this post but I'm going to put my two cents in just the same...
Are you nuts?? Romney sought and received a religious deferment to avoid Vietnam. He was definintely no "hero".
Romney & McCain are two different people, ding-bat.

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1170107 Jul 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us more...
Sure. Most of the land was owned by the Ottoman Empire, known as miri land. Miri, along with mewat represented almost 80% of the land. Arabs and Jews each owned about 7% of the land.

So Arabs have no claim to land they neither own nor occupy.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170108 Jul 21, 2014
RealDave wrote:
<quoted text> Yep, Dumbass Roxlo now thinks that Obama was President in 1934 when the program actually started.
Yep. Just like she thinks all those cases decided by the SCOTUS during the Obama administration involved court cases which originated under his administration. No accounting for her stupidity.
Buroc Millhouse Obama

New Britain, CT

#1170109 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Yes, it makes good press when the world sees that Israel is annihilating the Palestinian people
False.

Israel is protecting itself from rocket attacks, ding-bat.

“Short-circuit Hillary”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1170110 Jul 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
No confusion. Neither one existed as a nation, but that was Jewish land long before Muslims existed.
Talking about before Muslims existed, I see where the ISIS burned down a Catholic Church in Mosul that existed before Islam.

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170112 Jul 21, 2014
independent common sense wrote:
<quoted text>
Why wouldn't they turn themselves in? They already know Obama is welcoming them with open arms and they won't be deported so they have no fear!
And NO there have NOT BEEN more deportations under Obama. Like his fuzzy math on the economy and unemployment numbers all he did was change the way that deportations were counted first thing! It is amazing how liberals like to leave those little things like vital facts out of their defense of the president. Some are still just to stupid or naïve to realize that at this point in history there is NO defense of Obama or for Obama. He simply cannot be found to be competent nor qualified to do what is best for Americans or for America in general. But if you want to talk about his destruction of America....well now there is something people could talk about!
I'm sure Dupont can't back up his posts with credible sources. You, on the otherhand, only have reich wing opinion pieces and your personal opinion.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170113 Jul 21, 2014
Obama goes on TV....and, once again, says absolutely nothing......

Obama vs. Putin....ACORN vs KGB....
Patrick

United States

#1170114 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
Palestinians were encouraged to leave their homes to make way for the invading Arab armies in 1948. The local mufti­dominated Arab leaders urged all Arabs to leave the city and large numbers did so.
Leaders like Iraqi Prime Minister Nuri Said, declared:“We will smash the country with our guns and obliterate every place the Jews seek shelter in. The Arabs should conduct their wives and children to safe areas until the fighting has died down.”
The refugees were confident their absence would not last long, and that they would return within a week or two.
That didn't happen.
The number of refugees now are largely the products of the original Palestinians who believed the Jews would be annihilated.
"Fairy tales can come true,
it can happen to you
If you're young at heart
For it's hard, you will find,........"

LOL
Obammy Hussein Soetoro

New York, NY

#1170115 Jul 21, 2014
Officer Daniel Pantaleo is accused of using illegal chokehold on Eric Garner, who died while being restrained
July 20, 2014 11:45AM ET
A New York City police officer involved in the arrest of a man who died in custody after being placed in an apparent chokehold has been stripped of his gun and badge and placed on desk duty, police said Saturday.
Officer Daniel Pantaleo, an eight-year NYPD veteran, and another officer, who has been with the force for four years, were both taken off the street after the death Thursday of 43-year-old Eric Garner on Staten Island, police said.
The department would not identify the second officer but said he would retain his gun and badge while on desk duty. The reassignment is effective immediately and will remain in effect while Garner's death is being investigated, police said.
The president of the Patrolmen's Benevolent Association, the city's largest police union, called Pantaleo's reassignment a "completely unwarranted, knee-jerk reaction."
Garner, who has been arrested for selling illegal cigarettes numerous times in recent years, told the officers who confronted him Thursday that he had not done anything wrong, according to the video of the arrest.
"Every time you see me, you want to mess with me. I'm tired of it. It stops today," Garner shouts. "I'm minding my business. Please just leave me alone."
As four officers bring him down, Garner is heard gasping, "I can't breathe! I can't breathe!" The video shows one officer using his hands to push Garner's face into the sidewalk.
http://america.aljazeera.com/articles/2014/7/...
The forbidden chokehold used by a cop to take down a Staten Island man in a deadly encounter Thursday did not damage his windpipe or neck bones, sources said.

The preliminary autopsy findings could be welcome news for Police Officer Daniel Pantaleo, now named as the cop who wrapped his arm around Eric Garner’s throat while trying to ­arrest him.

“If you’re the defense counsel in this case, this is very good news, because it’s consistent with what appears to be the case — that they didn’t mean to hurt him,” said John Jay College of Criminal Justice Professor Eugene O’Donnell.

But a source close to the Medical Examiner’s investigation said coroners are also investigating whether the chokehold still contributed to Garner’s death by aggravating his pre-existing conditions of obesity, asthma and possible heart disease. He died of cardiac arrest in the ambulance on the way to the hospital.

“If an obese person with co-existing medical problems can’t get good oxygenation to begin with, then a chokehold could put him over the edge,” and lead to a homicide finding, the source said.

Pantaleo has been placed on modified duty, his shield and gun taken. Saturday, cops gathered evidence at his home in the Great Kills section of Staten Island, leaving with a long, narrow box and three bags.

http://nypost.com/2014/07/19/man-in-chokehold...

Whoever caused his diabesity contributed to his death.

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#1170116 Jul 21, 2014
Texas Gov. Rick Perry will announce today he will send 1000 Texas National Guards to the Texas-Mexico border.
John Galt

Temecula, CA

#1170117 Jul 21, 2014
Patrick wrote:
<quoted text>
Inflammatory as it's been, the debate over unaccompanied Central American children crossing the U.S. border is only the warm-up for an approaching immigration confrontation with even greater stakes.
Regardless of how Congress handles his request for more border resources, President Obama is moving toward a historic—and explosive—executive order that will provide legal status to a significant number of the estimated 11.7 million undocumented immigrants in the U.S. One senior White House official says that while "what's happening at the border will provide atmospherics for the [president's] decision," it won't stop him from acting on the undocumented—probably before the midterm elections. The resulting collision over Obama's expected action could lastingly define both the Democratic and Republican parties for the burgeoning Hispanic population.
do the DemoKKKrats really want to lose that badly???...
forks_make_us_fa t

Norman, OK

#1170118 Jul 21, 2014
Nuculur option wrote:
<quoted text>
Another moron Teabag who knows nothing about history.
----------
"" In 63 BC Pompey conquered Eretz Israel (Palestine) for Rome. From 37BC until 4BC Herod the Great ruled the land as the Roman appointed king under the Caesars. During the reign of King Herod, Jesus was born in Bethlehem. In AD70 Jerusalem was destroyed by the Roman general Titus as he crushed a revolt by the Jewish people, and Rome was moved to rename the Promised Land “Palestina.” The name "Palestine" was officially introduced in the period after 138AD, three years after Rome’s suppression of the Bar Kochba revolt. It was originally used as an adjective, Palaistinei derived from the Hebrew word, Pelashet, or "land of the Pelashtim" (the Philistines). It was first mentioned by the Greek historian, Herodotus as the "Philistine Syria", referring originally only to the southwestern coast south of Phoenecia held by the Philistines, but was gradually extended to cover the entire region. In time, the name was shortened and the adjective Palaistinei became a proper noun. Philo of Alexandria, a contemporary of Jesus, identified Palaistinei with the biblical Canaan.
The word “Palestine” or Pelesheth thus became known as the land of southern Syria. This is a name Rome gave the region to conjoin it with the administrative district of its Empire located in Damascus. The boundaries of Palestine were not clearly defined in ancient times, a problem which plagues the entire Middle East even today. It fell to the British and French Mandates after WWI to establish the modern boundaries that separate the nations of the region today."
----------
Palestine is mentioned 4 times in the Old Testament.
For you nitwits to deny it is typical of Teabag ignorance.
get your fat a$$ over there and blow yourself up....
Patrick

United States

#1170119 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Was referring to McCain. Easy to see why you might have been confused but If you read the post again, you'll see clearly the reference was about McCain.
Mr. Bush categorized some of the setbacks on his watch as “mistakes,” and some he called “disappointments.”

Both the Abu Ghraib prison abuse scandal and the absence of weapons of mass destruction in Iraq fell into the latter category, he said.

“I don’t know if you want to call those mistakes or not, but things didn’t go as planned, let’s put it that way,” he said.

“Running the Social Security idea right after the ‘04 elections was a mistake,” he said.“I should have argued for immigration reform.… The crisis was not imminent for Social Security as far as many members of Congress was concerned.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2009/ja

Since: Mar 14

Orlando, FL

#1170120 Jul 21, 2014
<quoted text>
Israel can literally starve the Palestinians to death, they control the water. They can't get out of there even if they wanted to and where would they go?
The number of refugees are largely products of the original Palestinians who left Israel on their own accord in 1947 at the urging of Arab leaders believing Israel would be annihilated.

That didn't happen.

The day after the UN partition vote in 1947, the Jewish Agency announced:

“The main theme behind the spontaneous celebrations we are witnessing today is our community's desire to seek peace and its determination to achieve fruitful cooperation with the Arabs.“

Israel's Proclamation of Independence, issued in 1948 also invited the Palestinians to remain in their homes and become equal citizens in the new state:

"In the midst of wanton aggression, we yet call upon the Arab inhabitants of the State of Israel to preserve the ways of peace and play their part in the development of the State on the basis of full and equal citizenship and due representation in all its bodies and institutions....We extend our hand in peace and neighborliness to all the neighboring states and their peoples, and invite them to cooperate with the independent Jewish nation for the common good of all."

Palestinians chose to take up arms joining the PLO under Arafat and Hamas under Iran.

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

#1170121 Jul 21, 2014
Teaman wrote:
<quoted text>
I see that Hamas public opinion strategy is working on you.
The more civilian deaths the better. Makes good press.
So how is Gaza different from the Warsaw Ghetto??

Gaza is a modern version of the Warsaw Ghetto. It's like the Jews wish to torment others just as the Nazis tormented them.

The Gazans are as much prisoners of war as were the occupants of the Warsaw Ghetto. Trapped, unable to live anywhere near normal lives under a seige lasting for years and years..........

The Jews are slaughtering them, just as the Nazi's slaughtered the Jews of Warsaw.

Go figure.
Patrick

United States

#1170122 Jul 21, 2014
Incognito4Ever wrote:
<quoted text>
Sadly, your politics are too steeped into your religion. Caesar was never meant to be a substitute or surrogate in practicing our faith and doing Christian deeds.
You seem to believe big government should be our collective conscience and that this was part of God's plan. Jesus never taught us to give to Caesar everything and let Caesar decide which part of it was God's.
You also seem much too quick to judge. Even non-believers have compassion for those in need.
Compassion also means giving people a hand up to stand on their own two feet. You seem to be all too happy to keep them down and giving them crumbs for sustenance. Taking money from others through coercion to be more Christian-like isn't being Christian-like.
Just something for you to think about, my Christian brother.
"And again I say to you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God."

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
last post wins! (Apr '13) 5 min They cannot kill ... 1,462
last post wins! (Dec '10) 10 min They cannot kill ... 2,420
Four letter word game (Dec '11) 14 min GEORGIA 1,931
Double Word Game (Dec '11) 15 min GEORGIA 3,032
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min District 1 222,399
{keep A word drop A word} (Oct '11) 56 min They cannot kill ... 9,380
Word (Dec '08) 57 min They cannot kill ... 6,694
Topix Chitown Regulars (Aug '09) 1 hr PEllen 103,452

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages