Barack Obama, our next President

Barack Obama, our next President

There are 1507960 comments on the Hampton Roads Daily Press story from Nov 5, 2008, titled Barack Obama, our next President. In it, Hampton Roads Daily Press reports that:

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Hampton Roads Daily Press.

In The Right

United States

#1170417 Jul 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
You liberals sure do like to call people fat, pig, etc...
How mature!
In 2012 atheist bloggers Jennifer McCreight and Natalie Reed exposed the degree to which misogyny dominates the New Atheist movement.

McCreight quoted a prominent atheist's reply to a woman critic. "I will make you a rape victim if you don't f**k off... I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you f**king drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow… Is that kind of like the way that rapists d**k went in your pu**y? Or did he use your a**hole… I'm going to rape you with my fist."

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#1170418 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I did
The DOJ has the discretion to pursue or not suits that occurred in an another's presidents term. The Obama DOJ decided to actively be involved in advancing and advocating these suits.
Name the 13 SCOTUS decisions that you claim were against Obama. Tick Tock. Shut up or put up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1170419 Jul 21, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
They've controlled funding that negatively affcted many left wing agenda items.
How'd stopping that Obamacare thing work out for you right wing morons?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Stop Child Slavery”

Since: Apr 14

Location hidden

#1170420 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
It is VERY clear that she has no idea what she is saying. Comical really. A little bit like Carol's claim Romney was a Vietnam "hero".(This is when Yeah would normally pipe in with how much he loves this comedy channel).
Your above post was lazy, ignorant and failed miserably to answer the question Patrick posed.

Now shoo....
Nostrilis Waxman

Miami, FL

#1170421 Jul 21, 2014
I love giving myself the best and brightest and MOST judgits!!!!!!!!!!
In The Right

United States

#1170422 Jul 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Detroit, Chicago & Oakland.
Demo-Commies will destroy themselves and everyone else along with them with their ignorance.
I suspect our system will rebuff them for now in the next elections, but they are like a cancer.
Closer to home with direct knowledge.

I have relatives who've spent their entire lives in NJ but won't go withing 5 miles of these war zones.

But you're right...these democrat run pits of poverty are everywhere.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170423 Jul 21, 2014
Nostrilis Waxman wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't forget Detroit, Chicago & Oakland.
Demo-Commies will destroy themselves and everyone else along with them with their ignorance.
I suspect our system will rebuff them for now in the next elections, but they are like a cancer.
Then why is it that the Republican red states receive the most in Federal aid, Lying loser. It's just natural for baggers to be deceitful and lie, but that's pretty much all you got.
Grey Ghost

Bumpass, VA

#1170424 Jul 21, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
In 2012 atheist bloggers Jennifer McCreight and Natalie Reed exposed the degree to which misogyny dominates the New Atheist movement.
McCreight quoted a prominent atheist's reply to a woman critic. "I will make you a rape victim if you don't f**k off... I think we should give the guy who raped you a medal. I hope you f**king drown in rape semen, you ugly, mean-spirited cow… Is that kind of like the way that rapists d**k went in your pu**y? Or did he use your a**hole… I'm going to rape you with my fist."
I bet talking like that turns you on, huh Pervert? You know you really are retarded.
spocko

Oakland, CA

#1170425 Jul 21, 2014
Right-wing reality (stupidity):
After the public learned last week that Malaysia Airlines Flight 17 had been shot down, killing all 298 people on board, it wasn’t long before an obvious comparison came to mind: in September 1983, a Russian fighter jet shot down Korean Air Lines Flight 007. The attack left 269 passengers and crew dead, 62 of whom were American, including a member of Congress.

President Obama should not only follow Ronald Reagan’s example from 31 years ago, but also that Obama is already falling short of the Reagan example.
In the wake of a Malaysia Airlines jetliner crash, Fox News has rushed to conveniently rewrite history to disparage President Obama by drawing false comparisons to former President Ronald Reagan’s response to a 1983 attack on a Korean airliner.
After Fox News said Obama wasn’t Reagan-esque enough, plenty of other conservatives soon followed.

Ok Fix News let’s see what actually happened in 1983.

After the Soviet pilot killed 269 people on a civilian airliner, Reagan’s aides didn’t bother to wake him up to tell him what happened. When the president was eventually briefed on developments, Reagan, who was on vacation in California at the time, announced he did not intend to cut his trip short.(Reagan’s aides later convinced him to return to the White House.)

Last week, Obama delivered a public address on the Malaysia Airlines plane about 24 hours after it was shot down, calling the incident an “outrage of unspeakable proportions.” Reagan also delivered stern words, but in contrast, he waited four days to deliver public remarks.

So what is Fox talking about?

On the July 17 edition of Fox News’ The Kelly File, host Megyn Kelly connected the July 17 tragedy to the 1983 Korean airliner crash, highlighting Reagan’s speech in response and noting in comparison that Obama has “been accused of ‘leading from behind.’” Fox contributor Chris Stirewalt compared Reagan’s response to Obama’s, saying Reagan’s response made Americans feel “reassured and resolute,” and Kelly echoed that Obama’s response “makes him look unconnected and makes a lot of Americans feel unrepresented.”[…]

Such comparisons applauding Reagan’s 1983 response to attack Obama have reverberated throughout Fox News. Andrew Napolitano invoked Reagan’s response to insist Obama should “get on national television and call Vladimir Putin a killer.” Fox correspondent Peter Johnson Jr. said of Obama,“I think the president needs to take a page out of Ronald Reagan,” while Fox strategic analyst Ralph Peters suggested Obama’s strategy should reflect “clear speech, a la Ronald Reagan, backed up by firm action and with follow-through.”
This over-the-top Reagan worship isn’t just wrong; it’s ironic. In 1983, some of the prominent conservative media voices of the day actually complained bitterly that Reagan’s response was wholly inadequate.

George Will – yes, that George Will the arch conservative – called the Reagan White House’s arguments “pathetic” at the time, insisting,“It’s time for Reagan to act.”(you get it “act”)

The president responded publicly with rhetoric that made the president sound rather hapless.“Short of going to war, what would they have us do?” Reagan said.“I know that some of our critics have sounded off that somehow we haven’t exacted enough vengeance. Well, vengeance isn’t the name of the game in this.”

One wonders what the reaction would have been from the right and the Beltway media if Obama responded with similar rhetoric to a comparable situation

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1170427 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Name the 13 SCOTUS decisions that you claim were against Obama. Tick Tock. Shut up or put up.
So I answered the issues of Bush era suits two days ago, this morning and what an hour ago.

You cannot claim that I have NOT.

This is over.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Stop Child Slavery”

Location hidden

#1170428 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why is it that the Republican red states receive the most in Federal aid, Lying loser. It's just natural for baggers to be deceitful and lie, but that's pretty much all you got.
Yea, let's close all the national parks, return federal land to the states and remove military bases--that should take care of that little problem.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
In The Right

United States

#1170429 Jul 21, 2014
USAsince1680 wrote:
<quoted text>
Supreme Court’s approval numbers rise after Hobby Lobby decision

Name the recent SCOTUS decisions that have been viewed favorably by the Obama administration.

Tick tock...

BTW, no one is going to shut up.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lily boca raton fl

Boca Raton, FL

#1170430 Jul 21, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Aheist blogger! Gunner probably subscribes to Fisting Magazine. Get lost you pervert

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
In The Right

United States

#1170431 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea,heaven forbid if that were forced to do something good for us fellow Americans. As long as they have morons like you they will never do anything but vote themselves raises.
But...but...all you idiots say is how great things are under Obama. Which is it?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170432 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
Your above post was lazy, ignorant and failed miserably to answer the question Patrick posed.
Now shoo....
You're crying right?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Peace on Earth”

Location hidden

#1170433 Jul 21, 2014
RoxLo wrote:
<quoted text>
So I answered the issues of Bush era suits two days ago, this morning and what an hour ago.
You cannot claim that I have NOT.
This is over.
No you didn't. Provide the 13 SCOTUS decisions you claim are against Obama. Tick Tock.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1170434 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
How old are you boy? Why won't you answer the question slow one?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
In The Right

United States

#1170435 Jul 21, 2014
Grey Ghost wrote:
<quoted text>
Then how come the red states receive more aid than the blue ones idiot?
Decades of democrat rule has DESTROYED these and many other cities.

Live with it, you democrat dumbfk.
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1170436 Jul 21, 2014
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text>
Aheist blogger! Gunner probably subscribes to Fisting Magazine. Get lost you pervert
Senile old Ghost thinks he's another one of the tormenters of his mind, Waxman. Ghost thinks everyone is a Waxman.

At least you are not as crazy as Ghost is Lily.

Fisting Magazine? That is gross Lily. Why would you think of that? I know. You are a Democrat. Gutter mind. You like calling people fatso too, juvenile.

I wonder what happened to Gunner. He was South Windsor.

In any case, I wish you well Lily even though I know you guys hate your neighbors, including me.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Nostrilis Waxman

Simsbury, CT

#1170438 Jul 21, 2014
In The Right wrote:
<quoted text>
Decades of democrat rule has DESTROYED these and many other cities.
Live with it, you democrat dumbfk.
Ghost thinks you are me and Lily thinks you are a dude named Gunner.

Both are admitted socks yet they accuse us. Hypocrites with no moral values or dignity.

<shaking head>

This is what we are dealing with in society.

Crazy Democrats.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chicago Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News BARACK OBAMA BIRTH CERTIFICATE: Suit contesting... (Jan '09) 19 min WelbyMD 239,250
managers at Steak N Shake sell Passports 1 hr Nuri Harrigan dik... 1
Graduation in Detroit. 7 hr Another Chance 1
News Scientists say they have proved climate change ... (Dec '08) 7 hr Dudley 8,065
News Man charged with shooting near 26/Cal courthouse 8 hr former democrat 1
News Aurora man charged with kidnapping, murder of 1... 8 hr former democrat 1
News Chicago had a record year of dog poop complaints 17 hr Trump is the man 1

Chicago Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Chicago Mortgages